Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v spuds post match

+31
ChippyBrady
Christopher Flanagan
Cyril Karwa
Mario
Ed Spence
Vijay Saibola
Amjadali09
Iboro Umana
Zaid Derweesh
Marko Maksimović
Mike York
Hisham El Mawan
fkamil
DaveToffy
Stephen Mitchell
Jenks1981
Ashraf Peeran
Dark Knight
ralph avedikian
Sami Rockfeller
Siddharth Mehra
Michael Schatzky
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Vanig Bostanian
janelle.noel
rea.nolan
Chris Chan
Justin Chew
vyom.chaudhary
Mohamed Samir
Michael Foster
35 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Arsenal v spuds post match - Page 6 Empty Re: Arsenal v spuds post match

Post by Chris Chan Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:13 am

Zaid Derweesh wrote:
Mike York wrote:Keeper Wojciech Szczesny has made no secret of his ambition to finish above Tottenham and made a startling evaluation when describing his emotions after Arsenal's 5-2 success.

"It is comparable to that of beating Barcelona," said Szczesny. "It is a great feeling, probably one of the best I have ever had. I hope it can transform our season. In the last two games at home, we have scored 12 goals. It just shows you what we can do when we are on the front foot and we can really go for it. Hopefully we can learn from that and repeat it all over again.

"Every single goal felt better than the previous one and I was celebrating quite energetically. But I loved it. It is the first time I have beaten Spurs and it is just great.

"I hope [the result has a psychological effect on Tottenham] as an Arsenal fan. I said ages ago we can't realistically win the Premier League but now my main ambition is to finish above Spurs.

"You can see we are no worse than them and when we have the momentum and are on the front foot, we are dangerous. I hope we use that again to our advantage and get the momentum to start challenging for the first spot."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-24038901-wojciech-szczesny-thats-just-like-beating-barcelona-but-we-cant-afford-to-let-up-now.do

Come now, it was a great feeling, but it's a different feeling to beating Barcelona. Spurs are not Barcelona, they are not the best team in the world, and beating them is very satisfying, especially after all of this, but it's different...

Whatever the situation, no matter how shit Spurs are, there is no better feeling than battering the scum, end of

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:16 am

One other thing, anyone notice Colin Murray's dig at Redknapp on MotD2? Pardew goes: 'Arry says he hasnt had a phone call, well why not? they need to get it sorted
Murray goes: just remember he can't send texts or emails. I had to watch it twice but I laughed Razz

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:32 am

Can someone please post a link where we can find all the goal from the game ?? I can't find anything on youtube, 101greatgoals and arsenalist... Sad

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:00 am

Chris Chan wrote:One other thing, anyone notice Colin Murray's dig at Redknapp on MotD2? Pardew goes: 'Arry says he hasnt had a phone call, well why not? they need to get it sorted
Murray goes: just remember he can't send texts or emails. I had to watch it twice but I laughed Razz

Hahahahahahah thanks for sharing that I missed it but that just had me in stitches...nice one chris
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:00 am

ralph avedikian wrote:Can someone please post a link where we can find all the goal from the game ?? I can't find anything on youtube, 101greatgoals and arsenalist... Sad
http://bit.ly/yR1vms
there you go..not sure if it still works.it was working on the next day.

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:33 am

Every time the Arsenal right-back Carl Jenkinson speaks to the press you just know for sure that the youngster is a real Gooner and would give his life for the club.

He related that he was extremely excited watching Arsenal’s fantastic win over Tottenham last weekend, and he sometimes he feels like he is back in the stands supporting the Gunners like before Arsene Wenger signed him from Charlton.

“It’s strange because I am still a fan at the end of the day, I’ve got that in me,” Jenkinson said. “I am going mad when I watch things happening on the pitch, I am celebrating goals and I still feel like a fan.

“Sometimes I forget I am a player too while I’m watching but it was just good to get on for the last 15 minutes and put the last four months behind me, which have been hard work. I am just glad I came back in such a big game and got those minutes under my belt.

“It was all a bit surreal. It was just fantastic to be a part of history like that and it is my first North London derby where we have come out on top. We did it emphatically as well.

“I have watched many as a fan but now to be participating out there as a player on the pitch is just an absolute honour to be honest. It’s something that I won’t be forgetting for the rest of my life. It was fantastic.

“I always had the feeling that we could get back into the game even at 2-0 down against a good side like Spurs. I know it is easy to say that now but I really did.

“I suppose that was a credit to the way we were playing – we were doing well and we didn’t deserve to be 2-0 down.”

“As you can probably guess, everybody is on a high,” he continued. “That result is similar, I’d say maybe even better, than the Chelsea result and that has just given everyone a lift.

“Everyone is on a high and we just need to take that into the weekend and use that to go up there to Liverpool and get a result.”

If everyone had Carl Jenkinson’s love for the club, Arsenal would definitely win every week!

http://arsenalbanter.com/real-gooner-carl-jenkinson-confident-arsenal-can-build-on-spurs-win/2119
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:53 am

Arsenal v spuds post match - Page 6 41882511
his room at his folks place.awesome room.

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:57 am

Arsenal overkill lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle.noel Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:07 am

janelle.noel
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:52 am

Just walked into a unit on where I work...a work friend a spuds fan just told me to fuck off as I tried to give him a big high 5-2 him...lol

I swear they fucking hate it.....

Shame......dam shame.....lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:31 am

was that adebayour?around 1:18?

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down