Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Match Bolton v Arsenal

+19
dbetts87
Joey Schwab
John Foxall
ralph avedikian
Zaid Derweesh
Ravneet Singh
ChippyBrady
Michael Foster
Mario
McCarthyofcourse!!
Michael Schatzky
Vanig Bostanian
Justin Chew
vyom.chaudhary
Vijay Saibola
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Jenks1981
Chris Chan
Richard Wallace
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Post Match Bolton v Arsenal Empty Post Match Bolton v Arsenal

Post by Richard Wallace Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:56 am

go.
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post Match Bolton v Arsenal Empty Re: Post Match Bolton v Arsenal

Post by Chris Chan Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:01 am

someone please sugar coat this. We are terrible, RVP must feel alone out there, if he doesnt score we don't win. I am really worried at lack of any clinical instinct throughout the squad. It just isn't good enough anymore and is costing us week in week out. Lack of goals will cost us many more points in the next few months and 4th is slowly but surely slipping away

Last edited by Chris Chan on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:01 am

Sack the manager, his backroom staff, the board and our shit players.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:02 am

If you can't score then everything else is meaningless. At the moment, Arsenal look incapable of scoring unless RVP produces something magic. It's a joke, especially for a team under Wenger.

We can't even remedy it by bringing in anyone. Just have to hope that everything goes our way from now until the end of the season. Not going to happen, is it?

That team playing today is more Europa League standard than Champions League.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Wallace Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:02 am

Another poor performance really.

Shaky at the back from goalkeeper to centre backs.
No creativity in midfield. Poor performances from Ramsey and Song.
Walcott terrible, useless, not good enough. Every time he gets the ball, you just know nothing will come of it.
Manager making the wrong decisions (again). Bringing off Ox who, again, was one of our more dangerous players and you actually think something might happen with him on the ball.

Seeing RvP tonight and how much of a class he is above the rest just makes me think he deserves to go somewhere else where he is in the company of the same quality.

I'm actually getting bored of watching our same laclustre football in midfield. The passing and movement in the just isn't quick or precise enough. We certainly won't be finishing top 4.
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vijay Saibola Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:03 am

Different game, same shit. We are shit.

Vijay Saibola
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:07 am

why wasnt rosicky bring on earlier.ramsey was useless.i found players strolling on the pitch.no urgency.
7th in table now.not even europa league spot.
want this season to get over as soon as it can

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Chew Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:07 am

Ramsey is not Arsenal. He is slowing our game down everytime he touches the ball. Hea just in there cos wilshere is injured. And his finishing, rubbish.

Walcott? Theo Wasteful is right nothing else.

We have no creativity whatsoever. And the little that we have today was all clear cut chances that we are not clinical about. We need Francis Jeffers

Justin Chew
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:08 am

Richard Wallace wrote:Another poor performance really.

Shaky at the back from goalkeeper to centre backs.
No creativity in midfield. Poor performances from Ramsey and Song.
Walcott terrible, useless, not good enough. Every time he gets the ball, you just know nothing will come of it.
Manager making the wrong decisions (again). Bringing off Ox who, again, was one of our more dangerous players and you actually think something might happen with him on the ball.

Seeing RvP tonight and how much of a class he is above the rest just makes me think he deserves to go somewhere else where he is in the company of the same quality.

I'm actually getting bored of watching our same laclustre football in midfield. The passing and movement in the just isn't quick or precise enough. We certainly won't be finishing top 4.

Agree!

If VP does leave, we will just have to accept that we are faster turning into a top 10 team, than we are a top 4 team.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:08 am

its just me or the number of backpasses has increased tenfold this season

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:09 am

We were dreadful going forward. Theo's poor run continued. I don't know what's wrong with Song. RvP can't carry this team alone, he was absolutely brilliant but was unlucky, I don't know why Alex Chamberlain was taken off, he was the most likely to create something. Good to see Sagna and Arteta back although they didn't have the best game. Mertesacker was probably MotM.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:12 am

Wenger's intransigence problematic, sticking with Ramsey (who wasn't "horrible" today, but..) and Walcott. Not only this game, but for the last several weeks.
Rosicky and Arshavin/Benayoun to start the weekend.
We're playing like a mid table team with one star player, and surprise, that is almost what we are.
No finishing from the forwards and mediocre midfield.
When will Flanagan say "5th place" ?

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:14 am

Michael Schatzky wrote:Wenger's intransigence problematic, sticking with Ramsey (who wasn't "horrible" today, but..) and Walcott. Not only this game, but for the last several weeks.
Rosicky and Arshavin/Benayoun to start the weekend.
We're playing like a mid table team with one star player, and surprise, that is almost what we are.
No finishing from the forwards and mediocre midfield.
When will Flanagan say "5th place" ?

You mention 5th place as if it's somehow guaranteed...
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Wallace Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:16 am

Van Roy Bostanian wrote:We were dreadful going forward. Theo's poor run continued. I don't know what's wrong with Song. RvP can't carry this team alone, he was absolutely brilliant but was unlucky, I don't know why Alex Chamberlain was taken off, he was the most likely to create something. Good to see Sagna and Arteta back although they didn't have the best game. Mertesacker was probably MotM.

Agree with most of that. Although I thought Sagna played really well and would have given him or RvP our man of the match. Song, over the last two months, hasn't looked himself. He and Ramsey have played a lot this season and I guess it's just a reflection on how little trust Wenger has in the backup.

My prediction at the start of the season was 7th. I thought I was exaggerating at the time but now it's a real possibility. If van Persie gets injured we are going to be screwed.
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:17 am

we have winning percentage of less then 50% in league.
shame

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by McCarthyofcourse!! Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:25 am

Its not all bad folks . The signing of Eisfeld excites me , he is said to be the new Bischoff !! not quite 60 words a minute on Word but close enough ....

As for Arsenal hate to say I told you so. Why would you believe Wenger ? he is like a timeshare salesmen. If Arsenal were a timeshare it would be a week in Wales @ a 2 star hotel ... the problem is Wenger thinks we are the Hyatt in Honolulu peak season !! clearly we are not ... another window wasted in Jan also by our ever failing manager. He must have known the Wilshere prognosis wasnt good , yet did nothing ! He must have known by now like we all do that Walcott is fucking useless at playing football , yet done nothing and he must know that with this kind of form we can say bye bye to RVP in the summer. The problem is who is going to replace him ... Wenger has assembled a team of players that lets be fair are fucking useless infront of goal!! and the shine has certainly been polished away from Henrys return- he looks NOW like the player at his age we all expected him to be. He was never going to be the answer yet still Im sure he sold alot of shirts so thats all that matters...

Im not that annoyed tbh, I dont expect much from this team or manager anymore ... I still love them tho , the way you would love your girlfriend if she had been involved in a serious accident and ended up looking like Grotbags from Rod and Emu all be it that is !!! anyway the love is there ... Wenger is all but done sadly ... time for him to go, enough is enough , same story week after week - promise , potential , spirit YET nothing on the pitch and again thats another oppurtunity missed to make up ground on that ever elusive Europa League spot ...

Sad but its not the end of the world... I am making great money, driving an Audi sports car and fucking women you boys could only google to imagine their hotness ...

Wenger knows !!
McCarthyofcourse!!
McCarthyofcourse!!
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:25 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:

Yep. Talk to other sets of fans and they don't see us as a team that's inevitably going to finish top 4, they see us as there for the taking. And why not? I can't see us finishing top 4. I thought we needed a couple of signings to make that push and clinch it but we didn't make them. We're 7th having lost over a third of our games.

Another really bad performance tonight. Our finishing is dreadful, RVP was twice unlucky but Walcott? I hope he doesn't utter the words 'I want to play CF' in an interview for a very long time. But judging by the frequency in which he gives interviews, he may say it tomorrow. But he wasn't the only one. Ramsey is trying and trying but nothing is coming off and should not be starting but our options are limited. Song has gone off the boil big time this last month. Defence was shaky and they could easily have scored late on. And early on. Our football just doesn't have much structure at the moment, no idea what style we have, where we're going. Give it RVP and hope for the best, mainly.

And what changes can we make? Arshavin? Benayoun (who seems out of favour)? Rosicky the non-scoring attacking midfielder? Park? Chamakh? Even Henry has looked poor since the Leeds game.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:29 am

Goals this season

RVP - 25
The rest - 33
The rest minus defenders - 26

... absolutely shocking

it's even worse in the league

RVP - 19
the rest - 20
the rest minus defenders - 15

Last edited by Chris Chan on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:30 am

Thank you Dan. Not for the post, but for your return. That first line made me LOL even if I don't necessarily agree with it.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:33 am

THIS IS WHAT NOT SPENDING IN THE WINDOW...AGAIN...HAS DONE...sooo fucking pissed off...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Wallace Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:34 am

Headline on arsenal.com...

"Spoils shared at the Reebok as Gunners claim battling point"

Are they having a f***ing laugh?
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:34 am

And the best part is that they knew Wilshere was going to be out for the rest of the season. So pissed off, I can't even go to sleep.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:35 am

Couldn't take our chances. When I saw Walcott 1 on 1, I didnt get to the edge of my seat as I normally would with another player. I simply said 'oh watch him fuck this up'. RVP didnt score, we didnt win. That's how pathetic it's become.

Sad thing is, that was only 1 or 2 players short of our strongest 11. I see feck all in that side to suggest that they are better than Newcastle or Liverpool. We should be worrying about Sunderland behind us rather than worrying about challenging Chelsea for 4th.

We deserve to be where we currently are at the moment. Blame the board and management. It's an absolute shambles. Gazidis said City should be jealous of us? Fuck off. Ask their fans if they are jealous that our ambition is making money from match revenue and developing players only to sell them off for a profit. All the while neglecting seriously competing for anything. ''Oh well we tried. This squad is young and has the mental strength to come back. We had lots of injuries.'' Blah fucking blah.

Same shit different season. But worse.

Call this post knee-jerk. Call it what you will. Maybe I might calm down and rationalise things in the morning. But right now it's hard to. This club is slipping and in my eyes will continue to do so.

Prove me wrong Arsenal.Prove me wrong.
ChippyBrady
ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravneet Singh Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:38 am

Mario Leontiou wrote:
Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:

Yep. Talk to other sets of fans and they don't see us as a team that's inevitably going to finish top 4, they see us as there for the taking. And why not? I can't see us finishing top 4. I thought we needed a couple of signings to make that push and clinch it but we didn't make them. We're 7th having lost over a third of our games.

Another really bad performance tonight. Our finishing is dreadful, RVP was twice unlucky but Walcott? I hope he doesn't utter the words 'I want to play CF' in an interview for a very long time. But judging by the frequency in which he gives interviews, he may say it tomorrow. But he wasn't the only one. Ramsey is trying and trying but nothing is coming off and should not be starting but our options are limited. Song has gone off the boil big time this last month. Defence was shaky and they could easily have scored late on. And early on. Our football just doesn't have much structure at the moment, no idea what style we have, where we're going. Give it RVP and hope for the best, mainly.

And what changes can we make? Arshavin? Benayoun (who seems out of favour)? Rosicky the non-scoring attacking midfielder? Park? Chamakh? Even Henry has looked poor since the Leeds game.

We don't have enough options to make changes in the attack.Some players take their place in the team for granted.Look at Song he has been nothing but a passenger this whole month.Ramsey has been overworked he tries too hard nothing comes off it.Theo has been in terrible form but with Gervinho gone nd Arshavin being useless there is no one ahead of him.Things looking quite dull right now.

Ravneet Singh
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:42 am

If I were Wenger, I'd take the risk and play Coquelin against Blackburn instead of Song. Maybe that'll be a kick up his ass. He really needs one. That slip/miscontrol whatever the fuck it was at the end of the first half was very stupid along with many other stupid things he did.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next