Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Match Bolton v Arsenal

+19
dbetts87
Joey Schwab
John Foxall
ralph avedikian
Zaid Derweesh
Ravneet Singh
ChippyBrady
Michael Foster
Mario
McCarthyofcourse!!
Michael Schatzky
Vanig Bostanian
Justin Chew
vyom.chaudhary
Vijay Saibola
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Jenks1981
Chris Chan
Richard Wallace
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Post Match Bolton v Arsenal - Page 3 Empty Re: Post Match Bolton v Arsenal

Post by Joey Schwab Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:27 pm

What a shower of shit that was. 7th place in the table in February speaks for itself. I've been one of Arsene's staunchest supporters but his position has become almost untenable. We are facing a battle for 4th that is more daunting than any season under his management, clearly needing reinforcements, and what does he do? Sign a 19 year old reserve player.

Van Persie's magic aside (and he is quite magic), we're useless! Absolutely useless... Sagna was good at RB and it was nice to see him back, but him and RVP aside I can't think of a single player that was worthy of the Arsenal shirt tonight. Ramsey gave his all, but just isn't there yet sadly. Song was lazy, sloppy, and slow. Arteta played crab football perfectly. TV was poor by his standards.

Theo, my god. How many clean breakaways can he miss?? I've all but lost faith with him, too. He showed so much promise last year IMO but has regressed considerably. Chamberlain already looks like twice the player he is.

Sad times. On the bright side, at least I shouldn't have a problem getting tickets this season.
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dbetts87 Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:37 pm

Bit of sweet justice Mark Davies not getting that pen, I think it was 60/40 in his favour.

Dive of the year in the EPL, disgraceful.

But, in regards to us....

I know everyone is riled up and all that, but right now I'll take a point away at Bolton considering their form versus ours. And I know someone will say "But we're the Arsenal, it shouldn't matter!". It is what it is.
dbetts87
dbetts87
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:10 pm

Missing shots like we did today should be a criminal offence.

The Arsenal of yore was know for its midfield strength, it's ability to grab any game by the scruff of its neck. Sadly, no more. Just goes on to show how much this team depended on Cesc and Nasri. Wait till RVP leaves this summer we're gonna have a even more tormenting season ahead.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Do Chelsea or Liverpool 'deserve' to come fourth?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by McCarthyofcourse!! Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:Do Chelsea or Liverpool 'deserve' to come fourth?

Mata deserves 4th place , afterall that was what he was promised after his 7m sign on bonus

John Terry doesnt for the record
McCarthyofcourse!!
McCarthyofcourse!!
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:06 pm

Chelsea, yes.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:34 pm

would love to know what our dressing room is like after all our recent shit relegation performances. Wenger need to learn the bloody hairdrier technique from fergie, think Wenger is way too soft on our underperforming players! He needs to kak them out so they can get it through their heads that they're playing like shit! I honestly believe some of our players are content with how we're doing right now cause they getting a nice fat paycheck at the end of the week regardless.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:44 am

Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta insists they have to consistently produce good performances every week if they are not to fall behind in the race for Champions League qualification.

The Gunners' goalless draw at Bolton on Wednesday night was their first point in four league matches and they dropped to seventh in the Barclays Premier League, although still only five points off fourth-placed Chelsea.

But Arteta knows they cannot afford another run like the one they have just had if they are to continue their unbroken sequence in Europe's elite club competition.

"For me it is not good enough. We have the players and the quality to come here (to Bolton) and get a better result than what we got," said the Spaniard.

"It (the race for a top-four place) is going to be tough. We have the talent and quality in the side but we have to show it game by game.

"I am confident because we train together every day and I know how good we are but we have to show it every week not every two or three weeks.

"It is tough because I am sure Chelsea will go on a good run so we have to go on a good run and win games as we were doing a month ago.

"There are still a lot of games to play and a lot of the season left so I am sure we can get it done.

"I am not saying we are not performing but there are more details [needed] to score and make the game much easier for us."

Arsenal wasted some good chances in the first half, with Robin van Persie having a header cleared off the line, while Theo Walcott wasted a one-on-one with goalkeeper Adam Bogdan before, in the second half, Van Persie was twice denied by the framework of the goal.

Arteta said they could not afford to pass up as many opportunities again if they want to keep pace with the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and Newcastle.

"We had enough chances to win the game comfortably in the first half but we missed too many and it makes it very hard away from home when you don't take them," said the £10million summer signing from Everton.

"At least we kept a clean sheet because we took a lot of risks going forward trying to score."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/12/02/02/manual_134118.html
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:02 am

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:Do Chelsea or Liverpool 'deserve' to come fourth?

Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle, a miserable bunch. If anyone deserves 4th this year its Newcastle, unbelievably. They just might get it too.

Chelsea have been very mediocre, and Liverpool have been shit. But we've just been shocking.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:17 am

People seem to think this couldnt get any worse, remember, it could.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Jenks1981 wrote:People seem to think this couldnt get any worse, remember, it could.

and it has been before. and will be again.

and is for most of the other clubs.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3