Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Match Bolton v Arsenal

+19
dbetts87
Joey Schwab
John Foxall
ralph avedikian
Zaid Derweesh
Ravneet Singh
ChippyBrady
Michael Foster
Mario
McCarthyofcourse!!
Michael Schatzky
Vanig Bostanian
Justin Chew
vyom.chaudhary
Vijay Saibola
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Jenks1981
Chris Chan
Richard Wallace
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Post Match Bolton v Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Match Bolton v Arsenal

Post by Mario Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:42 am

Chris Chan wrote:Goals this season

RVP - 25
The rest - 33
The rest minus defenders - 26

... absolutely shocking

it's even worse in the league

RVP - 19
the rest - 20
the rest minus defenders - 15

I hate the term 'one man team' because there's no such thing. But we're the closest thing to it at the moment.

The last, and only, time we have won a league game this season when RVP hasn't scored was September 10th, Arshavin 1-0 against Swansea.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McCarthyofcourse!! Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:42 am

Michael Foster wrote:THIS IS WHAT NOT SPENDING IN THE WINDOW...AGAIN...HAS DONE...sooo fucking pissed off...

Well thats not true Mikey, Eisfeld was not free you know. Word on the interweb is Dortmund paid us a hefty fee to get rid of the pesky office brat.

And then there's Walcott, he wants 100k a week to sign a new contract... We also missed out on Jack Wilshere on deadline day but it is strongly rumored and believed he will be like a new signing in the summer ...

And finally last but not least there is Chamakh ... who Wenger has confirmed will return to Arsenal this week who even tho he did worse for Morocco than he has his Arsenal career (I dont think thats possible ?) anyway he will come back with a new attitude and desire if you believe Wenger... (I dont) and be ready for the Europa league next season. He will also get a signed RVP shirt if he does the impossible and scores !!

In all honesty tho my mate knows a guy who works at the grove cleaning the cannon and sweeping the pavements outside the armoury and he said Eisfeld was meant to be a summer signing but we didnt want to lose out to stiff competition in the summer for his signature from Wigan and Blackburn ! hence he is here now ... so yeah its not all bad
McCarthyofcourse!!
McCarthyofcourse!!
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vijay Saibola Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:46 am

McCarthyofcourse!! wrote:

As for Arsenal hate to say I told you so. Why would you believe Wenger ? he is like a timeshare salesmen. If Arsenal were a timeshare it would be a week in Wales @ a 2 star hotel ... the problem is Wenger thinks we are the Hyatt in Honolulu peak season !! clearly we are not ... another window wasted in Jan also by our ever failing manager. He must have known the Wilshere prognosis wasnt good , yet did nothing ! He must have known by now like we all do that Walcott is fucking useless at playing football , yet done nothing and he must know that with this kind of form we can say bye bye to RVP in the summer. The problem is who is going to replace him ... Wenger has assembled a team of players that lets be fair are fucking useless infront of goal!! and the shine has certainly been polished away from Henrys return- he looks NOW like the player at his age we all expected him to be. He was never going to be the answer yet still Im sure he sold alot of shirts so thats all that matters...

Welcome back Dan... Really glad to see you. Need more people like you to enlighten the people that Wenger is done. People here keep giving in to his spin.

Vijay Saibola
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Wallace Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:46 am

Over the last 6-8 weeks we have been going into decline and the worrying thing is not enough players have stood up to stop the rot.

For me, it's the same old problems... Not enough leadership and the same excuses about having a big squad (albeit with lots of very average players) and we cannot justify spending money on new players as we have so many coming back. The only player I'll be excited to see back is Wilshere.

Too many average individual and collective performances this season. We only have three players who have consistently played well this season- RvP, Arteta and Kos. The rest have been consistently inconsistent and poor.

Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:46 am

Simple we should have unloaded the dead wood ages ago..invested in quality back up and not relied only on a very select first team....

The way I feel right now...fuck the season and fuck arsenal...
A team that has no plan b...a manager that seams to be blinding fucking oblivious to the fans requests and a simple listen to what is needed....

Absolutly fuming...been loving this club all my life...

But not right fucking now...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:49 am

In all honesty tho my mate knows a guy who works at the grove cleaning the cannon and sweeping the pavements outside the armoury and he said Eisfeld was meant to be a summer signing but we didnt want to lose out to stiff competition in the summer for his signature from Wigan and Blackburn ! hence he is here now ... so yeah its not all bad

You know that's more than likely spot on. They bought him now as they were afraid that his form with the Dortmund Under 19's might up his price by maybe an extra 500k or so at the end of the season.
ChippyBrady
ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:53 am

Mario Leontiou wrote:
And what changes can we make? Arshavin? Benayoun (who seems out of favour)? Rosicky the non-scoring attacking midfielder? Park? Chamakh? Even Henry has looked poor since the Leeds game.

That's the problem isn't it? As much as Song has been floating, the lack of production in his position isn't really intrinsic to our problems right now. And besides we have semi -competent back up in Coquelin there.
Right now it is Walcott and Ramsey's positions where the damage is being done.
It was not the plan for Ramsey to play every game(?) , but we are losing so so much with him as the de facto Acm. He is not ready.
And Theo's shit form is costing us. Yet shall we take a chance on Park on the wing for 60 minutes? I guess not...
hmmm Gazidis spent his time chasing down Joel Campbell forcing us into a "panic" signing in Park at the last minute, and this ,right now is how it costs us. No bench to chase Walcott off the pitch and a manager who chooses not to go there(Benayoun) anyway... You know Mata could play rf or acm..

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:56 am

Michael Foster wrote:THIS IS WHAT NOT SPENDING IN THE WINDOW...AGAIN...HAS DONE...sooo fucking pissed off...

Well thats not true Mikey, Eisfeld was not free you know. Word on the interweb is Dortmund paid us a hefty fee to get rid of the pesky office brat.

And then there's Walcott, he wants 100k a week to sign a new contract... We also missed out on Jack Wilshere on deadline day but it is strongly rumored and believed he will be like a new signing in the summer ...

And finally last but not least there is Chamakh ... who Wenger has confirmed will return to Arsenal this week who even tho he did worse for Morocco than he has his Arsenal career (I dont think thats possible ?) anyway he will come back with a new attitude and desire if you believe Wenger... (I dont) and be ready for the Europa league next season. He will also get a signed RVP shirt if he does the impossible and scores !!
L

XD thanks for the laugh mate.....

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vijay Saibola Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:56 am

Michael Foster wrote:
A team that has no plan b...a manager that seams to be blinding fucking oblivious to the fans requests and a simple listen to what is needed....

Thats Arsene Wenger for a you. The manager who gets paid more than Sir Alex coz he manages the club-finances too. And this is how he manages the club by paying 50K a week to the likes of Diaby,Almunia,Denilson. And then he refuses to buy players who could have had an impact in short term. Its not damn costly like investing 30million POUNDS to buy players of such kind (for example, Newcastle signed Cisse for 12million Euros). Wenger doesnt know shit anymore. He keeps selling future. The future is only if you have a sugar daddy or if you are Man U. Wenger sucks.

Vijay Saibola
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:57 am

Ughh... I'm not looking forward to going to the Blackburn game on Saturday.
I just know we are going to find some way to guarantee that Steve 'I watched them play in Germany' Kean is going to keep his job for another 6 months or so..
ChippyBrady
ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by McCarthyofcourse!! Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:58 am

Hey Guys It might not be all bad ... just had a thought !!!!

How are the ladies team doing ? they are good they win stuff ... how are they doing ?

Does anyone know ? (ha no of course you dont, because like me you dont care about women's football)

Anyway back to Wenger, the once genius that could do no wrong!! I think the thing with Wenger that everyone forgets is the team he inherited all those years back when he came to Arsenal.., OK yes Henry, Viera and er... Jeffers and er... Bischoff were great signings to bring into the melting pot but look at the defence Wenger inherited !!! and football has changed now. He is to stubborn and his bum really looks big on those training photos on Arsenal.com (jokes)

the question is will he go come the summer ? it feels a little like riding a chick till something better comes along (Madrid) with wenger at the mo... is that why he hasnt spent ? does he know this season will be his last ?

What a shame when he does leave all of the disappointment of this season will probably be our lasting memory of him...
McCarthyofcourse!!
McCarthyofcourse!!
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:00 am

Vijay Saibola wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:

Thats Arsene Wenger for a you. The manager who gets paid more than Sir Alex coz he manages the club-finances too. And this is how he manages the club by paying 50K a week to the likes of Diaby,Almunia,Denilson. And then he refuses to buy players who could have had an impact in short term. Its not damn costly like investing 30million POUNDS to buy players of such kind (for example, Newcastle signed Cisse for 12million Euros). Wenger doesnt know shit anymore. He keeps selling future. The future is only if you have a sugar daddy or if you are Man U. Wenger sucks.

That's the thing...fuck the financial side of it...he is the manager not the board...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:02 am

What a shame when he does leave all of the disappointment of this season will probably be our lasting memory of him...
Seriously?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:02 am

If he does leave in the summer after we don't qualify for CL or win either the CL or FA Cup, then to suggest that this season could be 'our lasting memory of him' is absurd and completely disrespectful considering everything he has done for this club.
If he turns it around and keeps us in the Top 4, then he should be awarded Manager of The Year.
Can't see it though.
ChippyBrady
ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:05 am

ChippyBrady7 wrote:Ughh... I'm not looking forward to going to the Blackburn game on Saturday.
I just know we are going to find some way to guarantee that Steve 'I watched them play in Germany' Kean is going to keep his job for another 6 months or so..
Haha!
We seem to have a knack of bringing the best out of mediocre sides. How many shit players have had great games against us in the last few years? ......maybe if our decline continues we'll somehow have this effect on ourselves... Rolling Eyes

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Wallace Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:06 am

McCarthyofcourse!! wrote: Anyway back to Wenger, the once genius that could do no wrong!! I think the thing with Wenger that everyone forgets is the team he inherited all those years back when he came to Arsenal.., OK yes Henry, Viera and er... Jeffers and er... Bischoff were great signings to bring into the melting pot but look at the defence Wenger inherited !!!

What about the invincibles? Lehmann, Lauren, Sol, Kolo, Cole.... Vieira, Gilberto, Ljungberg, Pires, Henry etc etc.... we have to give him a lot of credit for that!
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 am

In all fairness we can kiss goodbye to top 4...maybe for this season anyhow...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by McCarthyofcourse!! Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 am

I jest with ye gooners

In all seriousness tho I dont want Wenger to leave for the fact that we are forgetting someone (somesay manager) is lurking on the horizon like a pedophile at a playground ... did anyone see him at the game tonight ? who ? none other than

RAFA BENITEZ

Could you imagine the pain of him leading arsenal ? I couldnt take it . Please Wenger stay !! I would rather watch Ray Parlour trying to eat an apple through a tennis racket repeatedly for 6 hours than have that Spanish fat waiter as Wenger's replacement !!!!!!!

McCarthyofcourse!!
McCarthyofcourse!!
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:11 am

Oh Dan how I missed your witticisms..
ChippyBrady
ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:39 am

Arsene no longer wants to finish in the top 4. Maybe he wants to force the board's hand in firing him, so he can pick up a nice fat severance cheque before going to Real Madrid.

Seriously, what a pathetic display. No fight, no balls, no desire, no passion, no skill, no nothing. They were pushing for the win, we were shit. We don't deserve top 4, not a chance. And we're in seventh now. Shameful. If we finish outside the top 4, Wenger must go. Bring in Guardiola. Who wouldn't want to play for Guardiola?

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:57 am

Poor performance, no urgency no nothing. You get the feeling that we dont have a plan, let alone a plan B. We just play passes to someone who is free and that's it. Probably could have won the game if we were lucky, but nothing is going for us at the moment. Top 4 very doubtful, but I refuse to give up.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:58 am

Zaid Derweesh wrote:Arsene no longer wants to finish in the top 4. Maybe he wants to force the board's hand in firing him, so he can pick up a nice fat severance cheque before going to Real Madrid.

Seriously, what a pathetic display. No fight, no balls, no desire, no passion, no skill, no nothing. They were pushing for the win, we were shit. We don't deserve top 4, not a chance. And we're in seventh now. Shameful. If we finish outside the top 4, Wenger must go. Bring in Guardiola. Who wouldn't want to play for Guardiola?

Despite my extreme hate of all things Barcelona, I'd take him. He's obviously a very good manager, but he hasn't been very successful in the transfer market, so I don't think he would help us much in that regard, which is our biggest failing over the past few seasons. We always seem to be 2-3 players away from mounting successful challenges. This season it's more like 5 or 6, but there you go.

I don't know, there's just not much pleasure in watching Arsenal anymore for me. It's depressing.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:08 pm

I like the idea of us "accepting" him, as if there won't be huge competition for his services.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:48 pm

And if you think things could not get any worse....

Right now I would bet my house on van persie picking up an injury that keeps him out for a month or more...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Just watched the Wenger interview....

Comments like 'well we did not lose that should give us confidence'

Hmmmm...oh I am sorry, for a second there arsen I had this weird thought that we were a mid table team...oh...oh..
That's right we might as fucking well be...
Stan on the board must be thinking..hang on,what the fuck have I invested in...

Me and ALOT others arsen....

Are....not.....fucking...impressed.

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next