Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal vs Blackburn Post Match

+21
Hisham El Mawan
Marko Maksimović
Will.sheng
Dan Hakim
sbell
Michael Foster
Vijay Saibola
Alejandro Perreira
Samritpal Singh
Mohamed Samir
ralph avedikian
Evan Mullins
ChippyBrady
John Foxall
Yash
Vanig Bostanian
Jason Morrison
Jenks1981
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Siddharth Mehra
Chris Chan
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsenal vs Blackburn Post Match Empty Arsenal vs Blackburn Post Match

Post by Chris Chan Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:02 am

Go

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs Blackburn Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs Blackburn Post Match

Post by Siddharth Mehra Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:04 am

Coquelin, what a talent! That Van Persie boy can play too!
Siddharth Mehra
Siddharth Mehra
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:04 am

Great stuff. We haven't hammered someone in ages. After Pedersen scored I thought that it just might be one of those days, but thankfully I didn't turn out that way.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:05 am

Great return to form, just a few points.

Walcott hattrick of assists today, he was really good.
Hattrick and an assist for VP, world class, but why didnt he get subbed?
Chambo was great, 2 goals and a boatload of confidence for the next game.
Very happy with Rosicky, Song, Arteta and a special mention for Coquelin at RB for me, better there than we have seen Jenkinson at all so far and finally an able deputy for Sagna. We could see Sagna start LB in the next game with Coquelin keeping his place.
Henry scores a league goal, perfect.
Shame it wasnt a clean sheet but goal difference has greatly improved, could be all important at the end.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:06 am

Haha, I'm so pumped right now! Possibly our best attacking performance of the season despite it being against a very shit Blackburn. Also, this should not be a disguise to how shit we've beem this seaaon, but here's to hoping we can kick on from this game and put together another run of 5 wins in 5, 6 wins in 6, 7 wins in 8, etc.
Sooo... Im definately having a good week ahead now:)
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:06 am

Oh, and Oxlade-Chamberlain is amazing. Simply brilliant.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:08 am

Robin is pure class. He made sure Henry would score today. The Ox what a talent. Coquelin has been good every time I've seen him. Song's stats speak for themselves. Theo had a hat-trick of assists, Rosicky was good. We deserve this as fans.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Yash Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:08 am

Good solid performance, but we must bear in mind Blackburn was playing with 10 men, the game was over at half time. At the same time, i was quite fed up with teams who just park the bus in front of goals, and we can't break through, today we proved we can. Only positives from this game. Rosicky has been very good. It gives a new dimension to our midfield compared to Ramsey.

Just the game we needed

Yash
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Siddharth Mehra Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:08 am

You think Arshavin's realized that when Gervinho gets back he may not get many more games, even from the bench?
Siddharth Mehra
Siddharth Mehra
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:13 am

Cesc role to be renamed the Rosicky role as he has confirmed that he is the only player in the squad able to play this role well. Today confirmed that it was a mistake to reinstate Ramsey against Bolton. I like Ramsey, but he's not able to play the advanced midfield role at the moment, so perhaps at the most he could be a good substitute, taking advantage of his excellent work rate for example.

Walcott did get a hat-trick of assists but I'm not convinced. The first two were put on a plate for him, all he had to do was invite the pass. The third he barely had the ball under control and for the rest of the game it was back to the usual jamboree of awful passes to team-mates. He is so casual and seems to lack any self-awareness. He almost complained about an overhit Arteta pass at the end, what the f?

I'm really enjoying the Ox and Coquelin's form at the moment. Sure, the Ox is far more present in his play but Coquelin's energy is a boost. Unlike some of the more complacent members of the squad, he is giving it his all and enjoying every moment.

A nice win and good for our GD, but means nothing unless we continue further.

Oh, and their goal wasn't bad luck.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:17 am

First league win of 2012!!
ChippyBrady
ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:24 am

ChippyBrady7 wrote:First league win of 2012!!

and what a way to get it!Smile I would have settled for a 1 nil win but I ain't complaining.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mullins Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:24 am

Great performance, against a shit side. We had a great tempo to the game and what I liked most was everyone was getting involved and our passing game was much faster (thinking it was because we were at home). Rosicky for me must play instead of Ramsey. He's so much quicker on the ball, thinks faster, gets the ball off his feet faster and is always going forward. I was really hoping he'd get a goal to boost his confidence for the next fixture.

Oh boy oh boy, how good is the Ox going to be? The kid was pure class today. Took both goals extremely well. Walcott with a brain.
Evan Mullins
Evan Mullins
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mullins Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:25 am

Great performance, against a shit side. We had a great tempo to the game and what I liked most was everyone was getting involved and our passing game was much faster (thinking it was because we were at home). Rosicky for me must play instead of Ramsey. He's so much quicker on the ball, thinks faster, gets the ball off his feet faster and is always going forward. I was really hoping he'd get a goal to boost his confidence for the next fixture.

Oh boy oh boy, how good is the Ox going to be? The kid was pure class today. Took both goals extremely well. Walcott with a brain.
Evan Mullins
Evan Mullins
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:40 am

Coquelin, Ox were brilliant. Rosicky should start ahead of Ramsey I've been saying this since the first day of the season. I was a bit disappointed with Walcott today. I don't care he got 3 assists he was very average throughout the game, especially his first touch.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:42 am

Evan Mullins wrote:Oh boy oh boy, how good is the Ox going to be? The kid was pure class today. Took both goals extremely well. Walcott with a brain.

I don't think this comparison is really apposite. Sure, they are both quick forwards who came from Southampton but the Ox is strong and has all the talent in the world, which he knows how to use. Sure, that might reflect his intelligence on the field but the biggest different is in raw talent. Ox has loads, Walcott has never had the Ox's range of skills and never will barring a miracle.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:53 am

I can understand where people are coming from with Walcott, but three assists you cannot argue with. Firstly, his presence scares defenders, his pace enables the throughballs to be viable, he does make good runs, he then stuck the right ball to the goalscorers. Thats what he is there to do, he is never going to be the player you all want him to be, he is however, a direct threat and if he produced crosses and runs like he did today he is a weapon, no doubt in my eyes.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 am

My annoyance with Walcott was more based on his casual passing later in the game. What has he been doing in training? The only way to work his way out of bad form is to work his arse off. It may not have mattered in this game but in other games he'll frustrate again. On the other hand, when he cuts inside, I don't think he has the ability to exploit this situation, he just doesn't have the precision passing or vision to do much with it. You're right, he is what he is and bar laziness and poor attitude we have to accept that.

However, it's for that reason that I'd quite like to see Gervinho come in for him when he gets back from the AFCON. He's got the same problem with lack of end product and being worked out a little by opposition but he's far more likely to produce something positive through the pressure he creates in wide areas and his attitude is flawless so far.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:35 am

John Foxall wrote:My annoyance with Walcott was more based on his casual passing later in the game. What has he been doing in training? The only way to work his way out of bad form is to work his arse off. It may not have mattered in this game but in other games he'll frustrate again. On the other hand, when he cuts inside, I don't think he has the ability to exploit this situation, he just doesn't have the precision passing or vision to do much with it. You're right, he is what he is and bar laziness and poor attitude we have to accept that.

However, it's for that reason that I'd quite like to see Gervinho come in for him when he gets back from the AFCON. He's got the same problem with lack of end product and being worked out a little by opposition but he's far more likely to produce something positive through the pressure he creates in wide areas and his attitude is flawless so far.

Agree, on Gervinho I think you can equate that as much to bad luck, than bad technique or decisions, I think he will improve, at least we have competition for places out wide now with Chambo showing he can play either side of VP. Gervinho dribbling at tired defenders from the bench is a potent weapon in my eyes, as I dont think it would be fair to bring him right in for Chambo, if he continues to play like he is.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mullins Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:52 am

I think we can all agree it was just awesome to watch. I haven't felt good watching Arsenal for weeks and this just had me smiling. Very Happy
Evan Mullins
Evan Mullins
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed Samir Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:58 am

Rosicky should start every game from now on, proved that he is much better than Ramsey.

Mohamed Samir
Mohamed Samir
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:03 am

Mohamed Samir wrote:Rosicky should start every game from now on, proved that he is much better than Ramsey.

His form is better yes, and maybe that role suits him a bit better, but they should be picked on form and fitness, Ramsey has a lot to offer us, he has just dipped in form recently. To say Rosicky is much better is redundant in my eyes, they are both good players.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mullins Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:09 am

I'd argue that Ramsey hasn't really hit form at all this season. He's been decidedly mediocre.
Evan Mullins
Evan Mullins
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:12 am

Evan Mullins wrote:I'd argue that Ramsey hasn't really hit form at all this season. He's been decidedly mediocre.

No you've all got such short memories, Ramsey has plenty of assists from where he has been playing, he is no Fabregas granted but he has been effective, he has also got on the end of alot of chances but has been unlucky at times not to score. He can be alot better I agree, but to see has been mediocre all season is a tad unfair in my eyes, all im saying is dont write him off this is his first full season here and he can and will only get better!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:21 am

Rambo is still one of the most exciting young midfielders in world football. His age and inexperience will mean he will be inconsistent. Some of the criticism he has taken of late is quite frankly ridiculous.

Rosicky has had a top flight career spanning over a decade, Rambo has had barely two seasons

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next