Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v spuds post match

+31
ChippyBrady
Christopher Flanagan
Cyril Karwa
Mario
Ed Spence
Vijay Saibola
Amjadali09
Iboro Umana
Zaid Derweesh
Marko Maksimović
Mike York
Hisham El Mawan
fkamil
DaveToffy
Stephen Mitchell
Jenks1981
Ashraf Peeran
Dark Knight
ralph avedikian
Sami Rockfeller
Siddharth Mehra
Michael Schatzky
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Vanig Bostanian
janelle.noel
rea.nolan
Chris Chan
Justin Chew
vyom.chaudhary
Mohamed Samir
Michael Foster
35 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Arsenal v spuds post match - Page 5 Empty Re: Arsenal v spuds post match

Post by janelle.noel Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:49 pm

Good one Mario

Just watched the highlights again on the Review Show. Ah all the exhilaration comes back again! Crazy morning, spuds fans messaging me during the match, suddenly messages stop around halftime haha!
So happy for Theo, he was so emotional after the 1st goal, what a moment for him Smile

janelle.noel
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:51 pm

Mario Leontiou wrote:Just some random, incoherent points because despite me being absolutely exhausted, I don't want the day to end.

1) Best game that I've been to at the Emirates. Atmosphere and performance from 2-0 down was electric. Imagine if we put that effort and drive in every single week? With us 99% out of the CL and out of the FA Cup, we will often have a weeks rest between games from March onwards, there's no reason we can't give the same effort every week. That's all we ask.

2) Fans were great, even at 2-0, they never got on the teams back.

3) I was wrong about playing Rosicky and Walcott, they both stepped up to the plate beautifully and about time too. Rosicky's performance was his best since probably 2007, if he can add some more goals and assists to his game then he would be hard to leave out and it will allow Ramsey a bit more time to develop.

Wenger got the team spot on today. Seeing Benayoun, Rosicky and Theo in the same team I was a bit confused about how it would work but work it did.

4) Sky didn't show it and BBC showed a very small clip of it, but Adebayor started dancing in front of the Arsenal fans after his goal. Cue a match programme and a couple of coins headed in his direction. Even after the Spurs players seemed to try and move him on, he kept it going for another few seconds. Then the Angola chants started, which was terrible.

5) Even when we were 2-0 down, I never thought we were out of the game. We showed enough in the opening half an hour to suggest we could score, although, so did they. Not that they created much, own goal and cheating penalty aside, but on the break we were far too open and the next goal was going to be the clincher. We got it, then the 2nd, and at that moment I thought the stadium would explode. 'Mental strength', as Arsene says. But seriously, great desire and character from the players. We managed to keep it together when it would have been easy to let Spurs get on top and we go into half time feeling sorry for ourselves.

6) All week I thought we would lose, going to the game I felt strangely calm, ready for anything. By half time I had almost passed out. For the whole 2nd half I was sat in my seat like this: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRasAzqBAh3_TPh3406RyuhteRPejxss5pMVQf0JOUNydxqJxocsQlseM6M

7) I couldn't believe my ears when I heard the stick Walcott got in the 1st half. I think many of us have been very disappointed with Theo recently, some even longer than that, and his first half performance was pretty rubbish. I thought he had until 60 otherwise he was being hooked (unless we took the lead which we did). But to get on a player's back like that in a NLD with everyone watching? So soon after the Arshavin incident? And it wasn't 1 or 2 people, either. When will our fans learn? Yes, he turned it around and maybe he will use that criticism to spur him on but it bloody irritates me.

8 ) Gareth Bale, you are a horrible little cheat. Not for the first time this season, either, as I think he's the only player to be booked twice for diving (and they don't include like falls like today's when he gets away with it). If he was Eduardo he would be crucified by the press. But not a peep.

9) One big win can make such a difference to a club's morale and makes you realise why you love the game. The kind of game we will remember for years, no matter where we finish in the table. We owed them that badly after the last 2 seasons of NLD's and the team owed the fans something after recent results. Lovely.

10) Don't let Spurs fans convince you that Arsenal fans don't support their team and what not, they headed to the exits with plenty of time to go. When our fans were leaving in the 5-1 game, they couldn't wait to question our loyalty and they still do whenever fans leave early or we don't sell out or when they listen to TalkSport and equate one random, drunken moron with the whole clubs fanbase.

11) Dear Tottenham, go fuck yourselves. 5-2.

cheers

Cheers for that Mario. At the bar I was at, criticism for Theo was present for sure, but it was less malicious and more of a bit of banter. It sounds like it was certainly malicious at the ground though. After he scored his second, one guy jokingly groaned and said oh no, we have to give him the contract he wants now don't we?

I think people secretly like Theo and definitely want him to succeed. But his form has been poor, and there has been no room for passengers this season. I understand players going off the boil, going through bad runs of form, but Theo's has been going on for quite a while. He saved his skin today - he needed those two goals more than we did, frankly. He's bought himself some time. Hopefully he can push on, gain some confidence, and show us the player he can be.

And yes, Bale is a twat. Adebayor is a horrible little shit, though.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Karwa Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:56 pm

I think we finally played the game that suits Walcott's style after a long time. And it worked out beautifully for him
Cyril Karwa
Cyril Karwa
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Flanagan Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:17 pm

Wait, the Ivory Coast have a friendly? What in the name of fuck? We've just given them a player for a month of our season! Christ, that is just plain disrespectful. I wouldn't fucking release him; they can fuck right off.
Christopher Flanagan
Christopher Flanagan
Admin

https://arsenal.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:44 pm

Theo Walcott
England v Holland
Wednesday, February 29
Theo Walcott has been named in Stuart Pearce's England squad for a friendly match against Holland at Wembley on Wednesday.
Player Profile - Robin van PersieHolland

Robin van Persie
England v Holland
Wednesday, February 29
Robin van Persie has been named in Holland's squad to face England in a friendly at Wembley on Wednesday.
Player Profile - Thomas VermaelenBelgium

Thomas Vermaelen
Greece v Belgium
Wednesday, February 29
Thomas Vermaelen has been called up to the Belgium squad to face Greece in a friendly fixture in Heraklion on Wednesday.
Player Profile - Tomas RosickyCzech Republic

Tomas Rosicky
Republic of Ireland v Czech Republic
Wednesday, February 29
Tomas Rosicky has been called up to the Czech Republic squad for a friendly fixture against Giovanni Trapattoni's Republic of Ireland in Dublin on Wednesday.
Player Profile - Wojciech SzczesnyPlayer Profile - Lukasz Fabianski

Wojciech Szczesny and Lukasz Fabianski
Poland v Portugal
Wednesday, February 29
Wojciech Szczesny and Lukasz Fabianski have been called up to the Poland squad for Wednesday's friendly match against Portugal in Warsaw.
Player Profile - Alex Oxlade-ChamberlainEngland

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
England Under-21s v Belgium Under-21s
Wednesday, February 29
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has been called up to the England Under-21 squad for Wednesday's Euro 2013 qualifier against Belgium Under-21s at Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium.

Player Profile - Johan DjourouSwitzerland

Johan Djourou
Switzerland v Argentina
Wednesday, February 29
Johan Djourou has been called up to the Switzerland squad for a friendly against Argentina in Berne on Wednesday.
Player Profile - GervinhoIvory Coast

Gervinho
Ivory Coast v Guinea
Wednesday, February 29
Gervinho has been called up to the Ivory Coast squad for a friendly against Guinea in Abidjan on Wednesday.
Player Profile - Marouane ChamakhMorocco

Marouane Chamakh
Morocco v Burkina Faso
Wednesday, February 29
Marouane Chamakh has been called up to the Morocco squad for a friendly fixture against Burkina Faso in Marrakech on Wednesday.
Player Profile - Yossi BenayounIsrael

Yossi Benayoun
Israel v Ukraine
Wednesday, February 29
Yossi Benayoun has been called up to the Israel squad for a friendly against Ukraine in Tel Aviv on Wednesday.
Player Profile - Alexandre SongCameroon

Alex Song
Guinea Bissau v Cameroon
Wednesday, February 29
Alex Song has been called up to the Cameroon squad for the Indomitable Lions' 2013 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Guinea Bissau.

Our players on international duty

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Christopher Flanagan wrote:Wait, the Ivory Coast have a friendly? What in the name of fuck? We've just given them a player for a month of our season! Christ, that is just plain disrespectful. I wouldn't fucking release him; they can fuck right off.

That's what Wenger said in the press conference.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Sami Rockfeller wrote:
Christopher Flanagan wrote:Wait, the Ivory Coast have a friendly? What in the name of fuck? We've just given them a player for a month of our season! Christ, that is just plain disrespectful. I wouldn't fucking release him; they can fuck right off.

That's what Wenger said in the press conference.

if only, i think it's the afcon qualifiers as well... complete joke

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:50 pm

What a day at the Grove.
Still can't speak. Throat has gone to shit from screaming this fine clubs name.
Brilliant showing from the players. Fantastic support from the fans.
There was about 12 Spurs fans left at fulltime.
Small club no history.
ChippyBrady
ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:24 pm

Since yesterday I have done nothing but taunt the spurs fans on facebook it's classic how humiliated they are feeling right now....and its no stopping from me...

Back to the forum batman!!

Pmsl!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:27 pm

Just giving all those spurs fans a...

Big high 5 - 2 you all!!!

Hahahahahahah......mint I love it...I really fucking do.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:39 pm

I second that they can go suck my left nut...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:46 pm

Keeper Wojciech Szczesny has made no secret of his ambition to finish above Tottenham and made a startling evaluation when describing his emotions after Arsenal's 5-2 success.

"It is comparable to that of beating Barcelona," said Szczesny. "It is a great feeling, probably one of the best I have ever had. I hope it can transform our season. In the last two games at home, we have scored 12 goals. It just shows you what we can do when we are on the front foot and we can really go for it. Hopefully we can learn from that and repeat it all over again.

"Every single goal felt better than the previous one and I was celebrating quite energetically. But I loved it. It is the first time I have beaten Spurs and it is just great.

"I hope [the result has a psychological effect on Tottenham] as an Arsenal fan. I said ages ago we can't realistically win the Premier League but now my main ambition is to finish above Spurs.

"You can see we are no worse than them and when we have the momentum and are on the front foot, we are dangerous. I hope we use that again to our advantage and get the momentum to start challenging for the first spot."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-24038901-wojciech-szczesny-thats-just-like-beating-barcelona-but-we-cant-afford-to-let-up-now.do
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:23 am

How is it that no one in the media seems to know the rule about yellow card suspensions? RVP and Arteta are not suspended for the next game, unless I'm very much mistaken. After January you need to accumulate 10 yellow cards to get suspended, not five.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:29 am

Mike York wrote:Keeper Wojciech Szczesny has made no secret of his ambition to finish above Tottenham and made a startling evaluation when describing his emotions after Arsenal's 5-2 success.

"It is comparable to that of beating Barcelona," said Szczesny. "It is a great feeling, probably one of the best I have ever had. I hope it can transform our season. In the last two games at home, we have scored 12 goals. It just shows you what we can do when we are on the front foot and we can really go for it. Hopefully we can learn from that and repeat it all over again.

"Every single goal felt better than the previous one and I was celebrating quite energetically. But I loved it. It is the first time I have beaten Spurs and it is just great.

"I hope [the result has a psychological effect on Tottenham] as an Arsenal fan. I said ages ago we can't realistically win the Premier League but now my main ambition is to finish above Spurs.

"You can see we are no worse than them and when we have the momentum and are on the front foot, we are dangerous. I hope we use that again to our advantage and get the momentum to start challenging for the first spot."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-24038901-wojciech-szczesny-thats-just-like-beating-barcelona-but-we-cant-afford-to-let-up-now.do

Come now, it was a great feeling, but it's a different feeling to beating Barcelona. Spurs are not Barcelona, they are not the best team in the world, and beating them is very satisfying, especially after all of this, but it's different...

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Lee Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:59 am

adebayors little dance really pissed me off, had he really not learned his lesson from that debacle up at man city!!!! i have no time for him at all so glad we shut him up in the right way by humiliating them where it matters, on the pitch Smile
Sue Lee
Sue Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:08 am

Can anyone make or find a gif if the bit near the end if the game where Robin took on the 5pur2 midfield with some cheeky dribbling and won??

Last edited by Jason Morrison on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:21 am

Would like to see that too Jason. It was also hilarious when Rosicky and Jenks had about 20 tippy tap passes back and forth.
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:41 am

Haha, Rosicky danced circles all around their midfield yesterday! He made Modric (5pur2 proclaimed world class) look average
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:14 pm

And after a glance through a Tottenham blog, ‘Talk Tottenham’, there were a few interesting reactions from the Spurs faithful to choose from.

Enjoy these ones!

Trev said: 2012.02.26 19:02
Having seen the replays, someone needs to tell Bale to STOP DIVING AND FEIGNING INJURY! He’s becoming an embarrassement to us. Oh yeah, and he was shit today and has to stop believing the hype! Someone wants to offer £50m – sell sell sell. He’s a 10 good games a season man. F***ing sickenting day. No guts and a genuine belief we could just turn up and swagger our way thru it.

princeboateng said: 2012.02.26 19:30
we were beat by the better team,,arsenal wanted it more,,van persie was unbelievable,,we just couldnt get near him,,a dead cert for player of the year

dazzler said: 2012.02.26 20:17
fucken faggits…Learn to back the boys, one off day doesnt make us shit…one good game from the fuckwits doesnt suddenly make them a good team…somebody just needs to snap RVP the ugly fucks leg!!!! then they have nothing!!! honest boys, have faith third is still ours…
btw Bale did not dive, anyone who jumps on the bandwagon needs to get their mind out of their fucken arse, watch it again and there is clear contact by gibbs…any man would have gone down. if you say differently then go fuck yourself….
spurs for third at least. on todays performance i think we will beat man u easily. fuckin axe carrick, hate the lad. never will i forgive him!!!

Spark said: 2012.02.27 15:30
Has it crossed your mind that we can somehow miss out on a CL spot altogether?

Norbert said: 2012.02.26 22:06
what a terrible game from us. right when we thought that we are as good as Barcelona reality hit us with a hammer. Bale was the usual shit and I hope that he will be sold this summer. He is good for a couple of games each season and for the rest he just screws up. Modric is going to leave and how on earth could we afford Adebayors wages??? We need Redknapp to stay to perform his magic to get some top top players in. Maybe we can snatch Van Persie from Arsenal?

Nicko_Yid said: 2012.02.27 19:17
Ar5en1 deserved to win end of. Just like we did when we 5-1′d them. We went on to win that cup, will Ar5ena1 go on to win anything? No. So dont get too excited, Liverpool away it will back to the drawing board for water bottle man. We have the perfect game to bounceback – Utd at home. I would take any team at WHL our record there speaks for itself. There’s still a 7 point gap – you wouldn’t know that by reading some of the rubbish

http://redlondon.wordpress.com/2012/02/28/spurs-fans-turn-on-bale-while-others-call-for-van-persie-leg-break/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RedLondon+%28Red+London%29

Chelsea supporters have lamented the departure of Yossi Benayoun to Arsenal on loan, admitting on a Blues fan site that he’s ‘better’ than their current midfield options.

The 31-year-old has had a journeyman career in England, playing for West Ham, Liverpool, Chelsea before being loaned out by new boss Andre Villas-Boas on Transfer Deadline Day last September.

Benayoun started against Tottenham in Sunday’s north London derby and impressed with his good ball control and vision in the final third, prompting a Chelsea fan site to ask why they sent him on loan to a rival club.

“He [Benayoun] puts pressure on the Spurs defence and the Arsenal player`s looks towards him for creativity. So I have to ask, why did we loan Benayoun out when we`ve got the likes of Malouda, Kalou, Bosingwa, Meireles and Mikel at the club?”, the article asked.

Following several abject midfield displays from the likes of Florent Malouda and John Obi-Mikel, Chelsea supporters cannot understand how he’s not part of an underachieving Blues squad at Stamford Bridge this season.

“We dont need Malouda, Kalou, Mikel anymore. Benayoun would do much better than either of those”, one fan claimed.

“I cannot understand why Yossi was sent on loan, he’s the closest replacement we have to Mata”, added another supporter.

“He’s an intelligent playmaker. He finds little pockets of space, has good ball control, can dribble in tight areas, and he has the vision to pick out a killer pass”.

Villas-Boas’ side are currently below Arsenal in fifth place although the Gunners are only ahead on goal difference following their win on Sunday

Israeli international Benayoun has netted three goals during his time at Arsenal so far, the most important of which came against Aston Villa in December where he headed in a late winner.

http://goonertalk.com/2012/02/28/chelsea-fans-rueing-benayoun-loan-deal/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+goonertalk2+%28Gooner+Talk%29
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:24 am

Not a gif, but I found the video of RVP dribbling through all those spuds:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp3val_tromerh-dripla-tou-robbie-van-persie-kontra-sthn-tottenham_sport
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:38 am

Regarding the gif guys if you find a clip you like and have half decent editing software you can take single frames from the clip and build one online...there are no end of gif generators Smile
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:19 am

Mike York wrote:And after a glance through a Tottenham blog, ‘Talk Tottenham’, there were a few interesting reactions from the Spurs faithful to choose from.

Enjoy these ones!

Trev said: 2012.02.26 19:02
Having seen the replays, someone needs to tell Bale to STOP DIVING AND FEIGNING INJURY! He’s becoming an embarrassement to us. Oh yeah, and he was shit today and has to stop believing the hype! Someone wants to offer £50m – sell sell sell. He’s a 10 good games a season man. F***ing sickenting day. No guts and a genuine belief we could just turn up and swagger our way thru it.

princeboateng said: 2012.02.26 19:30
we were beat by the better team,,arsenal wanted it more,,van persie was unbelievable,,we just couldnt get near him,,a dead cert for player of the year

dazzler said: 2012.02.26 20:17
fucken faggits…Learn to back the boys, one off day doesnt make us shit…one good game from the fuckwits doesnt suddenly make them a good team…somebody just needs to snap RVP the ugly fucks leg!!!! then they have nothing!!! honest boys, have faith third is still ours…
btw Bale did not dive, anyone who jumps on the bandwagon needs to get their mind out of their fucken arse, watch it again and there is clear contact by gibbs…any man would have gone down. if you say differently then go fuck yourself….
spurs for third at least. on todays performance i think we will beat man u easily. fuckin axe carrick, hate the lad. never will i forgive him!!!

Spark said: 2012.02.27 15:30
Has it crossed your mind that we can somehow miss out on a CL spot altogether?

Norbert said: 2012.02.26 22:06
what a terrible game from us. right when we thought that we are as good as Barcelona reality hit us with a hammer. Bale was the usual shit and I hope that he will be sold this summer. He is good for a couple of games each season and for the rest he just screws up. Modric is going to leave and how on earth could we afford Adebayors wages??? We need Redknapp to stay to perform his magic to get some top top players in. Maybe we can snatch Van Persie from Arsenal?

Nicko_Yid said: 2012.02.27 19:17
Ar5en1 deserved to win end of. Just like we did when we 5-1′d them. We went on to win that cup, will Ar5ena1 go on to win anything? No. So dont get too excited, Liverpool away it will back to the drawing board for water bottle man. We have the perfect game to bounceback – Utd at home. I would take any team at WHL our record there speaks for itself. There’s still a 7 point gap – you wouldn’t know that by reading some of the rubbish

http://redlondon.wordpress.com/2012/02/28/spurs-fans-turn-on-bale-while-others-call-for-van-persie-leg-break/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RedLondon+%28Red+London%29

dazzler sounds like an absolute charmer.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:27 am

What a load of cunts Spurs fans are. "Just when we were believing we are as good as Barcelona" "we should snap van Persie's legs". CUNTS

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mullins Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:33 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhN5WcjWvTI&feature=youtu.be

for those that were looking for it, here's RvP's roulette followed by owning the entire spurs midfield.
Evan Mullins
Evan Mullins
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:31 am

Evan Mullins wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhN5WcjWvTI&feature=youtu.be

for those that were looking for it, here's RvP's roulette followed by owning the entire spurs midfield.

whilst owning*

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next