Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsene Wenger

+40
Meshaal
Gopi
Subrat Koirala
DaveToffy
richard.fallaize
Jason Morrison
jason.mandryk
janelle.noel
ChippyBrady
Mario
Mohamed Samir
vyom.chaudhary
nick t
Mike York
Justin Chew
danny.ceurvels
Alejandro Perreira
John Foxall
Chris Chan
Vijay Saibola
Rima_Ikuy
Zaid Derweesh
Callum Hind
nick koupparis
Joey Schwab
Jonathan Prendergast
Sami Rockfeller
Pat McMenimen
Samritpal Singh
Jenson Pais
Liam Bermingham
Vanig Bostanian
Michael Schatzky
Evan Mullins
Christopher Flanagan
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Michael Foster
ralph avedikian
Hisham El Mawan
Alan Dawson
44 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Arsene Wenger - Page 6 Empty Re: Arsene Wenger

Post by Chris Chan Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:09 am

Now we just need to keep on going. No point having a good feb and then falling away in the last three months

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:02 am

Our recent good form, good team selection, pressure tactics, substitutions, motivation... Arsene must take credit.

Also, the reason I went to find this thread - http://fuldans.se/?v=tpoljgeecn

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jason.mandryk Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:55 am

We still had our two big collapses this season; they just happened two months earlier:

late August/September instead of late October/November.
January instead of March.

It's very satisfying to see this good run - coinciding with the healthiest the squad has been in a long while.

But, in the end, if all we get is another 4th place, with even earlier exits than last year in the domestic cups and another round of 16 exit in the CL, that is simply not progress at all.
jason.mandryk
jason.mandryk
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:40 am

jason.mandryk wrote:
But, in the end, if all we get is another 4th place, with even earlier exits than last year in the domestic cups and another round of 16 exit in the CL, that is simply not progress at all.

Of course it is not progress, but it everything is relative. Last year, we had Nasri and Cesc and finished trophyless, so finishing trophyless this year wasn't a surprise but we may well finish third which we didn't manage last season. So this season has 'exceeded' expectations (albeit low expectations).

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:33 am

Mario Leontiou wrote:Our recent good form, good team selection, pressure tactics, substitutions, motivation... Arsene must take credit.

Quality hahahaha
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:29 am

Samritpal Singh wrote:
Mario Leontiou wrote:Our recent good form, good team selection, pressure tactics, substitutions, motivation... Arsene must take credit.

Quality hahahaha

How weird. I do like the Robot dance option though.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Hahahahaha! Think i just pissed myself a little bit laughing, made more funny by the fact that people over here actually dance like that!
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:39 pm

so.frigging.AWESOME!

How do you find this shit? Razz

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:30 pm

Robot and stompa had me in absolute stitches!!!!

This is class!!!

Thanks for sharing that it's made my day!! jocolor Razz
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by richard.fallaize Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:30 pm

Rulla all the way for me!! Hilarious Laughing

richard.fallaize
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:25 am

That is fucking fantastic
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:36 am

Also if you haven't seen it, please do so. Inspirational stuff :

Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:15 pm

Samritpal Singh wrote:Also if you haven't seen it, please do so. Inspirational stuff :
Really liked that, Sam. Great find.

DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:40 pm

DaveToffy wrote:
Samritpal Singh wrote:Also if you haven't seen it, please do so. Inspirational stuff :
Really liked that, Sam. Great find.

Cheers buddy.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Bermingham Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:16 pm

The Queen meeting the Arsenal team and Wenger on chopping people's heads off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8WdVBWp-yw
Liam Bermingham
Liam Bermingham
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:05 pm

Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Petit has said that Arsene Wenger is the only solution to the Gunners’ problems and he is relieved that his countryman wasn’t fired by the Arsenal board when the club was going through a dark period earlier this year.

Before their resurgence in league form that began with the 7-1 mauling of Aston Villa at the Emirates on February 4, Wenger was under immense pressure from Arsenal’s own fans, who had grown disillusioned with their club’s deteriorating results and their trophy-drought that is now almost seven-year long. The fans were so distraught that the 62-year-old manager’s sacking seemed like a genuine possibility for the very first time in the last 16 years.

Petit, who spent a large part of his professional career playing in Wengers’ teams (Monaco and Arsenal), believes that if the board had bowed down to the fans’ wishes and fired their long serving manager, then that decision would have come back to haunt Arsenal.

Speaking at the Soccerex conference earlier today, Petit said: “Sacking Wenger would have been the biggest mistake Arsenal could have made. He is the solution for Arsenal. He just needed to change a few things, then it would come back again.

“Arsene Wenger’s contribution to the Premier League is huge. Football has changed so much in England, Arsene has been part of that. He is like the stone of Arsenal, if you kick him out you don’t know where they will go.”

Petit then urged the Gunners to splash some cash so that their talismanic captain Robin van Persie would extend his stay at the club by signing a contract extension.

“…I do hope Robin will stay. I would understand it if he left because players like him need titles on their CV. Arsenal have to pay the loans back but if you want to fight for titles, you need to find the right mix. That is why the criticism of Arsenal this season has been justified and they need to try everything they can to keep him,” he said.

But in spite of his emotional backing for Wenger, Petit rued the late timing of Arsenal’s resurgence and said that if Arsenal players had improved their form a little earlier, then they would have been alive in multiple cup competitions, with a chance to end their title drought this season.

“Arsenal received huge criticism after the AC Milan disappointment. This affected the belief and ego of the players, which is why they came back with such a big hunger to show to everyone they were wrong. The performances since then have been magnificent. But I am disappointed as well. Why did they have to wait for the criticism to show people what they can do? I am quite frustrated because it proved they can do more,” the World Cup-winning defensive midfielder said.

He then again advised the North London giants to scrap their traditional transfer strategy of buying young and said that for future success, Arsenal must go for experienced players with proven pedigrees.

“It always seems to be the same news. You believe Arsenal will sell their best players every year. I understand they don’t want to be paying the same transfer fees as some clubs, it is nonsense to pay £40million for a player. But betting all your money on a young team? You need experienced players at some point in the season. Maybe this team have discovered themselves mentally now but you can’t wait for outside help, you have to take your pen and write your own history,” Petit added.

http://www.arsenalinsider.com/5066/petit-firing-wenger-would-have-come-back-to-haunt-arsenal/#axzz1qV5OwZ3v
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:14 pm

Can anyone remember what Manu was saying a few months ago?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:06 am

As much as the fans and players deserve credit for this turn around, Wenger has shown his quality.yet again. Hoping for 3 points tomorrow so we could potentially guarantee ourselves the 3rd spot.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:48 am

It's amazing the different thoughts of fans this season compared to last on Wenger. Fans much prefer to come from behind rather than lose form in front. Both in games and in the league position.

The team really set expectations low at the start of the season..
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Gopi Wed May 09, 2012 12:04 pm

i guess it all comes down to one game now, doesn't it?
Gopi
Gopi
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Wed May 09, 2012 12:59 pm

MAKE OR BREAK TIME FOR WINGER

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:23 pm

Would Wenger regret not retiring on top 7 years ago?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:03 pm

This load of tripe popped up today on skysports.com.....

When will these columnists learn we are doing things different...why cannot they see that it's not an all out gambling plan to win what we can and ballance the books and sharpish before the financial fair play comes into effect....
We owe 78million...that's it....All from the Highbury deals to the Emirates being built...78 million,no stocks needed to risk and try and dig us out of it no sugar daddies to plow money into it all done by ...us the club........WENGER,
He has made so much happen to the club and yet an awfully lot of people just don't see the benifit...I would quite happily take a 7 year trophyless stint to guarantee the club does not follow the road to ruin........

Anyways here it is.....

John Richardson told the Sunday Supplement that Arsenal have grown "stale" and that Arsene Wenger may have to leave his role as manager.

The Gunners have failed to register a trophy since the 2005 FA Cup and saw Robin van Persie (Manchester United) and Alex Song (Barcelona) seal big-money moves away from the Emirates during the last few days, 12 months after Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy departed.

Wenger's charges began their Premier League campaign with a 0-0 draw at home to Sunderland on Saturday, and Express writer Richardson says Arsenal fans should be concerned.

"Arsene Wenger has got to look at himself as he might be balancing the books at home," said Richardson. "He is a great manager, one of the greatest the Premier League has ever seen, but he hasn't won anything for seven years.

"If a great rock star like Bruce Springsteen doesn't make any decent material for seven years, you say: 'Well, I'm not buying any of his records'. But he is doing new stuff and is still at the top of his profession.

Trouble

"I hate saying this about Wenger but you can smell the staleness and something is not right - and you can't keep on selling your best players; it's almost asset stripping.

"It's okay if you bring in better players or players of equal standard, but that's not happening. Arsenal's players aren't good enough and they don't compare to the greats of the past - and I think they will be in trouble if this continues.

"They are nowhere near title contenders and I think they've got a hell of a fight to get into the top four.

"The 60,000 fans hadn't come to boo [against Sunderland on Saturday] but they were by the end because what they had seen was very poor.

"Arsenal played pretty football but there was no finishing. It was anaemic and it is very worrying if you are an Arsenal supporter."

Vision

Henry Winter shares Richardson's opinion that Arsenal cannot be considered as a threat for the Premier League title - and thinks it could be some time before they are.

However, the Telegraph scribe believes some of the Londoners' new arrivals will make their mark alongside the club's clutch of young English talent.

"You can't put 'title' and 'Arsenal' in the same sentence as they probably won't come close to competing for the Premier League for another 10 years," said Winter.

"They are fighting for third or fourth, but it's ludicrous to suggest there is a crisis at a club that is so well run off the pitch by the manager and board.

"Santi Cazorla looked good against Sunderland; Lukas Podolski, who will probably play on the left, has something about him - you don't play 100 times for Germany by the age of 26 if you don't; while they also have three of the best young English talents in the country.

"Jack Wilshere will give them a bit of grit, intelligence and vision; they've got Theo Walcott, who they need to tie down to a longer-term contract; and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who last year was one of the most revered young players in the country."
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:35 pm

What a load of bullshit. This is the same things they've been saying about us since 08!! Basically same shit, different year.

Last edited by Jason Morrison on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:46 pm

Lol I laughed hard reading that....then raged at the fact they spout shit like this all the time....
I have sent him an email..not sure if he will like it..hoping for some kind of response..will post it if I do hear anything back from the spunk bubble...I posted a reply up on sky sports too...no doubt that won't see daylight.....

All of his so called 'story' is just that...a story....made up with bullshit said by others,remembered,changed a little,added his own contradicting bullshit and spouted it...it twats like this the sole reason I won't by newspaper's

Full'o'shite.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next