Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swansea Post match

+33
Chandler Cross
fkamil
Jonathan Prendergast
Sue Lee
Richard Wallace
Iboro Umana
ChippyBrady
Vijay Saibola
Mario
Adham Khattab
Chris Chan
Ahmed Zakaria
Pat McMenimen
Jenks1981
Joey Schwab
Michael Schatzky
Sami Rockfeller
ralph avedikian
Wesley Wang
Mohamed Samir
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Siddharth Mehra
vyom.chaudhary
Christopher Flanagan
Michael Foster
Evan Mullins
Stephen Mitchell
Greg Waters
Vanig Bostanian
janelle.noel
Justin Chew
Zaid Derweesh
Jason Morrison
37 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Swansea Post match - Page 5 Empty Re: Swansea Post match

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:31 pm

Regarding Per's miss in the Swansea game, I have seen a few comments that it was a bad miss.

I wanted to note, on the replay, the defender touches it just as Per is about to kick, and that's why it came of the side of his boot.

Can't criticise Per at all for that IMO. Henry was in shock horror (needs to calm down).
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Thierry Henry has acted quickly to nip in the bud any further stories about his altercation with an Arsenal fan in the aftermath of Sunday’s defeat at Swansea by apologising for the way he dealt with the situation.

The Frenchman appeared to beckon a travelling fan pitchside after the 3-2 defeat after taking umbrage with the manner in which the individual was hurling abuse at Arsene Wenger’s dejected squad.

Speaking to The Sun, the 34-year-old explained exactly what had happened, why he reacted and how he would now like to move on from the incident.

“I was really shocked and disappointed on Sunday — and not just at the result.

“After the final whistle of a very tricky game, I insisted the whole team go and applaud the Arsenal supporters.

“When I arrived in front of our own fans, I couldn’t understand the abuse the team were getting from one of them.

“I wanted to tell the fan in question that we need their support not abuse. The sentiment was right but in hindsight could have been better expressed.

“So I would like to first and foremost apologise for using inappropriate language to that particular ‘supporter’.

“I didn’t intend to be malicious or threatening and am aware that it could have been said in a calmer manner.

“We have had great moments at this club but we are all in this together. We need your support in the good times but more importantly the bad.

“Let’s get behind the team against Manchester United on Sunday and try to get three points to get the season back on track.”

Having left the club in 2007 Henry obviously hasn’t experienced at close quarters the spikiness with which fans have vented their frustration during the club’s barren run.

While the manner in which he confronted this one particular individual may have been less than courteous, you can’t help but agreeing with the Frenchman’s sentiments. Yes the team fucked up big time on Sunday, but screaming profanities and directing blame at specific players is not going to help. We need to work together.

As Al Pacino’s character, Tony D’Amato, says in Any Given Sunday:

“We heal as a team, or we’re gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play. Until we’re finished. We’re in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And, we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell… one inch at a time…”

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/01/henry-echoes-pacino-as-he-issues-rallying-call/?utm_source=feedburner.com%2Farseblognews&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arseblognews+%28Arseblog+News+-+the+one+stop+Arsenal+news+site%29
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:12 am

Someone tweeted this (Raphael Honigstein retweeted this too) :

"Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers went to Borussia Park two time this season to take a closer look on the style of play!"

Wow. I have more respect for Rodgers now, who managed to pull it off!
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:59 am

What is significant about Mönchengladbach's ground?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vijay Saibola Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:50 am

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:What is significant about Mönchengladbach's ground?

Lucien Favre is behind the success of Mönchengladbach. He has transformed a shit bottom placed team who were all but doomed to get relegated last Jan to a 2nd placed team this year. His previous achievement with Hertha Berlin is also very praiseworthy.

Vijay Saibola
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:26 am

Vijay Saibola wrote:
Jonathan Prendergast wrote:What is significant about Mönchengladbach's ground?

Lucien Favre is behind the success of Mönchengladbach. He has transformed a shit bottom placed team who were all but doomed to get relegated last Jan to a 2nd placed team this year. His previous achievement with Hertha Berlin is also very praiseworthy.

Interesting...good on Rodgers!
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5