Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reserves / Youth Thread

+34
Min Shan
Jason Morrison
eyal.peer
Ashraf Peeran
Ravneet Singh
janelle.noel
jason.mandryk
Alex Hadjicharalampous
ralph avedikian
Adam Sisson
Liam Bermingham
Michael Foster
Sue Lee
Mike York
kique.canto
Jenson Pais
ChippyBrady
Sami Rockfeller
vyom.chaudhary
Stephen Mitchell
Steve Dawson
David Hung
Darcy Gorman
Joey Schwab
Zaid Derweesh
Jonathan Prendergast
Greg Waters
Samritpal Singh
Chris Chan
Jenks1981
Mohamed Samir
Christopher Flanagan
Vanig Bostanian
Mario
38 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Reserves / Youth Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Reserves / Youth Thread

Post by ralph avedikian Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:31 am

Yeah he is injured.

Arsenal Live @ArsenalLive Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Chamakh just got caught with a slightly late tackle, and was immediately substituted. Good to see Afobe back though (30) 1-0

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:44 am

Arshavin makes it 2-0. In off the post.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:22 am

looks like benayoun has been impressive

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:22 am

4-0

Afobe and another for Arshavin

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:46 am

5-0 benayoun chip.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:04 am

5-0 FT.

Good run out for everyone. The senior players get some much needed minutes and goals, those returning from injury like Jenkinson and Afobe got some much needed action and youngsters like Ansah, Anghaand Meade, who wouldn't have had the chance so far in their careers, played in the same team as some experienced internationals.

http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/arshavin-hits-brace-as-reserves-thrash-norwich/

Jamie Sanderson @YoungGunsBlog
Chamakh uninterested even at this level. Not settled in England and replaced with toe injury on 30 min mark. Afobe better.

Sooner Chamakh leaves, the better.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Mitchell Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:06 am

Just got back from the game.

Great to see the team play so well, outclassed Norwich in every department. Benayoun looked the best player on the pitch by a distance, had a hand in four of the goals. Arshavin looked decent too, but should have had at least a couple more.

Chamakh's injury was a weird one, he went down from a tackle, and the board was up literally 10-15 secs after that. Lets hope it was a precaution, as Park looked very peripheral to the game for most of it.

Finally, wanted to mention that Ozyakup really impressed me. He looks so assured in the centre of midfield, passes well and has great control. Of the guys I hadn't really seen before (only watched him in a couple of CC games this year), he's the guy who stood out.

All in all, good fun, even if Norwich were a bit poor.
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Mitchell Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:08 am

Mario Leontiou wrote:5-0 FT.

Good run out for everyone. The senior players get some much needed minutes and goals, those returning from injury like Jenkinson and Afobe got some much needed action and youngsters like Ansah, Anghaand Meade, who wouldn't have had the chance so far in their careers, played in the same team as some experienced internationals.

http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/arshavin-hits-brace-as-reserves-thrash-norwich/

Chamakh uninterested even at this level. Not settled in England and replaced with toe injury on 30 min mark. Afobe better.

Agreed on Chamakh, he wasn't impressive in the slightest before picking up the injury. Unfortunately, Park doesn't look any better. Surely they have to start thinking about giving a youth player a chance (Afobe looked lively).

Jenkinson got 45 mins, good to see him back. However, he wasn't really involved as most of the play was coming up the other flank, with Angha and Benayoun.
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:14 am

I think Park is the sort of striker that doesn't want to be involved in the build up play. A 'fox in the box' as they say. Not that I saw him play a lot but I think he started 1 game for us (Bolton CC) and scored, scored 5 in 5 for South Korea and 1 today.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Mitchell Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:17 am

ralph avedikian wrote:I think Park is the sort of striker that doesn't want to be involved in the build up play. A 'fox in the box' as they say. Not that I saw him play a lot but I think he started 1 game for us (Bolton CC) and scored, scored 5 in 5 for South Korea and 1 today.

Yep, and today's was an open goal.

But as a PL striker you need to bring more to the team than that.
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:18 am

Rob Green has been sent off for West Ham so Lansbury has gone in goal for them, currently 2-1 up. And yes, Lansbury has been their back up keeper this season quite often.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravneet Singh Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:06 am

[quote="Stephen Mitchell"]
Mario Leontiou wrote:5-0 FT.

Agreed on Chamakh, he wasn't impressive in the slightest before picking up the injury. Unfortunately, Park doesn't look any better. Surely they have to start thinking about giving a youth player a chance (Afobe looked lively).

Can't believe we signed a proper striker to back RVP.He has single handedly kept us in the top four race.Even a thought of him getting injured is scary.Buy some cotton wool and wrap Robin in it.

Ravneet Singh
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:28 pm

Mario Leontiou wrote:Rob Green has been sent off for West Ham so Lansbury has gone in goal for them, currently 2-1 up. And yes, Lansbury has been their back up keeper this season quite often.

Did he concede?
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Flanagan Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:50 pm

Nope (though I don't think he had a save to make).
Christopher Flanagan
Christopher Flanagan
Admin

https://arsenal.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:20 pm

Henri Lansbury
Blackpool 1-4 West Ham
Tuesday, February 21
Henri Lansbury played 35 minutes in goal as a second-half substitute in West Ham's 4-1 win over Blackpool at Bloomfield Road on Tuesday night. The midfielder was called into action between the posts after Robert Green was sent off, keeping a clean sheet against Ian Holloway's play-off hopefuls.

Daniel Boateng
Swindon 2-1 Shrewsbury, February 21
Daniel Boateng played 67 minutes of Swindon's 2-1 win over Shrewsbury as the Robins soared to the top of League Two.

Sead Hajrovic
Oxford 2-1 Barnet, February 21
Sead Hajrovic featured as a half-time substitute in Barnet's 2-1 defeat to Oxford United at the Kassam Stadium on Tuesday night.

Gavin Hoyte
Cheltenham 0-0 AFC Wimbledon, February 21
Gavin Hoyte was an unused substitute in AFC Wimbledon's goalless draw with Cheltenham on Tuesday night.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Just saw the highlights of the Norwich match. How good is Ozyakup? I can see him making it big in Arsenal one day.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Mitchell Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:31 pm

Sami Rockfeller wrote:Just saw the highlights of the Norwich match. How good is Ozyakup? I can see him making it big in Arsenal one day.

Agreed. His passing is great, on two or three occasions he found a perfect final ball for Benayoun. Would love to see him given a chance in the near future.
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:55 pm

Stephen Mitchell wrote:
Sami Rockfeller wrote:Just saw the highlights of the Norwich match. How good is Ozyakup? I can see him making it big in Arsenal one day.

Agreed. His passing is great, on two or three occasions he found a perfect final ball for Benayoun. Would love to see him given a chance in the near future.

Like him too but i'd rather he is sent out on loan, even in the highlights there were occassions where he gave the ball away or was tackled and didnt track back and help the team out, he needs that in his game at least before he gets chances here. Having said that he does look like the main man in the reserves this year.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Mitchell Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:16 pm

Jenks1981 wrote:
Stephen Mitchell wrote:

Like him too but i'd rather he is sent out on loan, even in the highlights there were occassions where he gave the ball away or was tackled and didnt track back and help the team out, he needs that in his game at least before he gets chances here. Having said that he does look like the main man in the reserves this year.

Yeah, there were a couple of occasions shown in the highlights where he picked the wrong pass etc... Generally though, I'd say his work rate was very good on Tuesday. He did track back quite a lot, and often was there to pick up the loose ball in midfield and consolidate possession, working it back to Miquel, Meade and Shea. Yennaris was pretty solid too. I guess these things don't come out in highlights, though.
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:04 pm

Stephen Mitchell wrote:
Jenks1981 wrote:
Stephen Mitchell wrote:

Yeah, there were a couple of occasions shown in the highlights where he picked the wrong pass etc... Generally though, I'd say his work rate was very good on Tuesday. He did track back quite a lot, and often was there to pick up the loose ball in midfield and consolidate possession, working it back to Miquel, Meade and Shea. Yennaris was pretty solid too. I guess these things don't come out in highlights, though.

Subtle, like it.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:26 am

Nico Yennaris believes that hard work will give him the best possible chance of succeeding at Arsenal and he won't ease off now that first-team football is in his sights.

The lifelong Gunner, who made an impressive Premier League debut against Manchester United in January, told this month’s Official Arsenal Magazine that he has taken the advice of Club staff firmly to heart.

“I’ve always believed that what you put in is what you get out,” said Yennaris.

“One of the coaches here once said to me that if you’re going to fail, do so through your ability and not your work rate. I’ve stuck by that and thought that if it’s not going to be, it can’t be because I haven’t tried.

"I’ve always been focused and worked very hard to give myself the best opportunity of succeeding."

Yennaris' efforts have certainly paid dividends with captain Robin van Persie paying tribute to the 18 year-old's work ethic.

“For the last few weeks I’ve been training with the first team every day and that makes me up my game," noted Yennaris.

"They’re on one level and, as a youth and reserve player, I’d been a step below. Training with these guys has helped me, and Robin has been very good to me too - giving me advice and confidence on the pitch, and telling me just to play my game.

“My whole game in general [has improved]. My decision-making is getting sharper, my passing’s improved, I see the picture more quickly and physically I think I’m becoming stronger too. Now I just need to take all this forward and keep working hard.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/yennaris-hard-work-will-help-me-succeed?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+%28News+Feed%29
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:59 am

Lansbury bagged two and The Ox with a late pen in a 4-0 win for the U21s

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Sisson Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:04 am

Joel Campbell has just scored against Wales.
Adam Sisson
Adam Sisson
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:07 am

Adam Sisson wrote:Joel Campbell has just scored against Wales.

was literally about to post that,lovely 1-2 with Ruiz

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Lansbury's first goal...LMFAO catch it on the highlights.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next