Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Van Persie Thread

+45
Alan Dawson
chris eades
Vijay Saibola
Alejandro Perreira
marco.batra
chubbtrue
ChippyBrady
kique.canto
Joey Schwab
Sue Lee
fkamil
Vanig Bostanian
Dan Hakim
Will.sheng
JavierVen
Adham Khattab
Jason Morrison
Adriel Williams
pwoodman1
Meshaal
Yash
janelle.noel
Michael Foster
Steve Dawson
John Foxall
kdunn
Marko Maksimović
Greg Waters
Jenks1981
Mike York
DaveToffy
vyom.chaudhary
Chris Chan
Subrat Koirala
nick t
Hisham El Mawan
Mohamed Samir
Jonathan Prendergast
ralph avedikian
Sami Rockfeller
ahrstic
Michael Schatzky
Mario
Ashraf Peeran
Zaid Derweesh
49 posters

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

The Van Persie Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Van Persie Thread

Post by Sami Rockfeller Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:20 am

Michael Foster wrote:Just to add this point.

At what point (and I know we a model of self sustaining club) do the board members ie the rich mother fuckers allowed to step in and chuck some money into the transfer pot when a player says 'oh we need this type of player and so on'

Not doing this is almost like holding the door open for anybody to leave...

Where are the board on this matter of van persie stating for seasons now that the problem is we have needed a better caliber of player in to guarantee ours do not leave...

It's beyond stupid....with have a Russian on our table that has stated he does not want to be part of the board but is willing to financialy help out whenever he can...

Let the club run how it wants...let it be this perfect model of running right....
to me it looks like its not working....
We need players out...it's not happened
We have needed players in...it just about happens..
Every transfer we seam to be have as of late is quality out and average in.
The board worries about money left right and center...let the Russian take some of the burden...it's clear that Stan does not give two fucks about what's going on...you see holidays more than he seams to show up....
What's his taking on this vp saga....oh yes the usual 'silent'

Let the Russian in..let him help....better transfers in...deadwood out..in turn keeping our best players.....board has less money problems..even tho it's paying its way nicely..start winning things...board takes a happy pay day bonus...fans are happy...

Everybody is a fucking winner.

You don't know he'd do that. He's just caused a major rift among the fans by releasing his letter to the press. I don't have a very strong opinion as to who should be a part of the board or shouldn't all I know is I want this matter to be resolved this summer. It could get really ugly if dragged for long.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:01 am

Arsenal's second largest shareholder Alisher Usmanov has criticised the running of the club after Robin van Persie announced he would not be renewing his contract.

The Uzbek billionaire has sent a strongly worded letter to the board accusing them of a lack of investment.

"Yet again we are faced with losing our true marquee player because we cannot give confidence we can win trophies.

"Where are the safeguards to ensure this doesn't happen again?" he writes.

Usmanov's Red and White Holding company has a 29% stake in Arsenal. American businessman Stan Kroenke, 64, is the Premier League club's majority shareholder, owning 63% of the club.

Kroenke tried to complete a full takeover of the club in 2011 but the 58-year-old Usmanov insisted he would not sell.

In the open letter dated Thursday, 5 July, Usmanov accuses Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis of giving supporters the impression that Red and White was in a bitter stand-off with the board.

"In our view it is clear you are trying to distract attention from the more fundamental issues facing the club," he writes. "These are the financial model, the lack of investment and club's future strategic direction."

The letter suggests the "real conflict is between the supporters' expectations and your visions for the club".

"Mr Kroenke was sold a vision by the board at a time when the club could be successful without further investment," it reads.

"As a consequence of this policy, which is dressed up as prudent financial planning, it is down to our manager and not the shareholders, to have to deal with the club's tight finances, carry the burden of repaying the stadium debt by selling his best players and having to continue to find cheaper replacements.

"This policy is leading to the loss of our best players, often to main competitors, and even causes the players themselves to question their future at the club and the club's ambitions.

"The situation with Robin van Persie sums this up."

Van Persie, 28, who has a year left on his contract, revealed on Wednesday that he and manager Arsene Wenger and Gazidis disagreed on the way the club should move forward.

It is not clear whether the striker, who scored 41 goals in 53 games for club and country last season, will see out the remainder of his contract or seek a move away from the Emirates.

Arsenal won the Premier League title without losing a game in 2004 . But the FA Cup success of 2005 is their last piece of silverware. They have not finished in the top two for seven years and have seen a succession of players leave in recent years, including Cesc Fabregas, Thierry Henry, Emmanuel Adebayor, Kolo Toure, Gael Clichy and Samir Nasri.

The letter adds: "As a top club we should, at the very least, match if not beat the offers that other clubs make to try and lure our very best players away and provide a more compelling vision for the future.

"You can try and put a good face on a bad game for as long as you want, but it will not hide the obvious fact that it just does not allow our great manager to fully realise his managerial talent and deliver success for fans who are paying the highest prices in the land. "

The club have signed two strikers this summer: Montpellier's France international Olivier Giroud, 25, for a reported £12m and Germany's Lukas Podolski for around £11m from Cologne.

But Usmanov says Champions League qualification is the "pinnacle of the club's ambition" and calls for investment to match that spent by Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea and Manchester City or face lowering expectations even further.

He signs off the letter by saying Red and White is willing to buy more shares and retain its shareholding for "family members to benefit for generations to come".

Despite Usmanov's public request, BBC Sport understands Arsenal remain committed to their current approach.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Will.sheng Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:23 am

"out of huge respect for Mr Wenger, the players and the fans, i dont want to go into any details"

Actually RVP, out of huge respect for the fans and shareholders who contribute to your wages, we absolutely deserve the full details of the conversation to stop us wasting our time speculating why!!!

Will.sheng
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:46 am

Spot on will....absolutly fucking spot on.....

I was just going to say when was the last time we had a straight answer from the club itself regarding any matter.....

All answers with questions and riddles and bullshit imo.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:33 am

Time for Kroenke to step up and make a difference.

RVP obviously doesn't like Gazidis. Gazidis either has no vision for the club, or was not able to communicate it and inspire Robin. Not surprising. Not the most inspriing chap. Time for Stan to get involved.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:21 pm

It may not be RVP, but his representative team, who don't like Gazidis.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:03 pm

For all the time you seam to see gazidis it looks as though a few people don't seam to get on with him...I have noticed in the share and fan meetings that he rubs people up the wrong way...I remember a few meetings ago a guy had an argument with him for trying to belittle his quite frankly simple but effective questions....

As for Stan....well...personaly....I cannot stand the guy....never seams to do anything for or with the club..just seams he is purely here for the money..
Bring in usmanov i say...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by kdunn Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:50 am

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:Time for Kroenke to step up and make a difference.

RVP obviously doesn't like Gazidis. Gazidis either has no vision for the club, or was not able to communicate it and inspire Robin. Not surprising. Not the most inspriing chap. Time for Stan to get involved.

More like wont offer him the wages he wants. Its delusional to think that the reason he is not renewing is for anything else but money

kdunn
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Will.sheng Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:28 pm

You know what though. I just had a thought, unlikely, but this may be a possibility. RVP actually isn't rebelling, but he is secretly doing this to make Arsenal better. Maybe he is hoping it will turn the board around and finally meet the ambitions of himself, the club and its loyal fans - us. If they don't then fuck it, he gets sold, but if they realise that, 'hey maybe RVP is right, we need to start catching up to everyone else', then he would've been a revolution and a true true legend at the club.

But like I said...unlikely, but you could only hope of the positives.

Will.sheng
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:12 pm

What worries me is how are we going to fill this void in terms of quality on the pitch?

Can't think of any players we could realistically sign who would be at the same level.

Take a gamble on Kaka or Gourcuff - I doubt Kaka would want to sign for us.

No news on the M'Vila front. Being linked to Hugo Lloris, lets see where that goes.

Don't think we will be bringing in another striker, even if Walcott is leaving as well. Might just have to hold on to Chamakh or Bendtner.

What do we do with Arshavin now?

So in short, we need to bring in an attacking mid-fielder, a defensive mid-fielder and a goal-keeper.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:29 pm

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ahrstic Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:49 am

Personaly, I've been expecting this kind of resolvment to RVP situation. If he ever even wanted to sign a new deal, he would do it long time ago.

As he expressed his "respect and loyalty for the club and fans" I would like us, fans here in internet comunities, to pay him back with the same amount of generosity and courtesy by deleting all threads with his name in caption. Preferably to stop mentioning his name in general.

I cant stand this guy! To the point that I hold even Walcott in greater regard (hope he corrects that by announcing switch to Liverpool so I can resolve with my loath for his football qualities).

ahrstic
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:57 am

tim payton ‏@timpayton
Just been liaising with Ivan Gazidis who is very much working in Highbury House. As ever he is keen to keep in touch with fans & AST views

tim payton ‏@timpayton
Also don't quite get why RvP says Ivan is away on hols when AST will meet him next week to give feedback from AST meeting on Monday night

and also..
https://twitter.com/Stuart_PhotoAFC/status/221271080009076737/photo/1

He's not even on holiday, this is pure spin and bullsh*t from Robin. This c*nt is worse than Nasri or Adebayor . Van Persie is scum.
Mad

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:52 am

Van Persie is scum Vyom? What a stupid petulant reaction that is...

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:21 am

I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this situation, but from reading blogs, articles and many posts on this forum, it just seems like there are very well thought out, eloquent and articulate knee jerk reactions.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:31 am

Jenks1981 wrote:Van Persie is scum Vyom? What a stupid petulant reaction that is...

well till a week back he was my favorite player.but his statement last week had only aim..to put this club down.i lost all the respect i had for him.he would never have done that if he have had a bit respect for this club and its fans.and to come out and make false statements like that..thats worse then anything adebayor and nasri ever did.

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:47 am

Let's pretend for a second that, as people have suggested, he's pulling a "Rooney" and trying to get more money from the club, get the club to keep investing in the squad and bringing in proven talent. Let's keep pretending that the club actually do bring in the talent that is needed, and that RVP signs an extension to his contract.

Now won't we all feel like stupid assholes if that happens?

What I'm getting at is this, it's like your best friend breaks up with his girlfriend and you say, "you know, I always thought she was a bitch anyway." Then they get back together, and now it's weird and awkward between you and your friend. So maybe, instead of jumping on the "I fucking hate RVP, he's scum, he's a piece of shit!" bandwagon, why don't we all just wait for the truth to reveal itself, have all the facts in place, then form your opinion from there? I'm not saying not to have an opinion, just not to get so emotional about it.

vyom.chaudhary wrote:
Jenks1981 wrote:Van Persie is scum Vyom? What a stupid petulant reaction that is...

well till a week back he was my favorite player.but his statement last week had only aim..to put this club down.i lost all the respect i had for him.he would never have done that if he have had a bit respect for this club and its fans.and to come out and make false statements like that..thats worse then anything adebayor and nasri ever did.

No, the manner in which he made his statement, and the words used (by him, his agent, his lawyer, his advisor(s) or whoever) were not the wisest. So he made a mistake, incorrectly assessed the situation and wrongly predicted the reaction from the fans. And this one action caused you to lose ALL your respect for him? Your favorite player? That seems a bit extreme to me.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by kdunn Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:32 am

This board is filled with knee jerk reactions and opinions made up of wishful thinking with very little fact. Complete objectivity is impossible but can we all at least try?

kdunn
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:05 am

Dan Hakim wrote:Let's pretend for a second that, as people have suggested, he's pulling a "Rooney" and trying to get more money from the club, get the club to keep investing in the squad and bringing in proven talent. Let's keep pretending that the club actually do bring in the talent that is needed, and that RVP signs an extension to his contract.

Now won't we all feel like stupid assholes if that happens?

What I'm getting at is this, it's like your best friend breaks up with his girlfriend and you say, "you know, I always thought she was a bitch anyway." Then they get back together, and now it's weird and awkward between you and your friend. So maybe, instead of jumping on the "I fucking hate RVP, he's scum, he's a piece of shit!" bandwagon, why don't we all just wait for the truth to reveal itself, have all the facts in place, then form your opinion from there? I'm not saying not to have an opinion, just not to get so emotional about it.

vyom.chaudhary wrote:

No, the manner in which he made his statement, and the words used (by him, his agent, his lawyer, his advisor(s) or whoever) were not the wisest. So he made a mistake, incorrectly assessed the situation and wrongly predicted the reaction from the fans. And this one action caused you to lose ALL your respect for him? Your favorite player? That seems a bit extreme to me.

its not like he made a mistake and might have misjudged smethng.for me the whole purpose of that statement was to make sure club sell him this summer instead of keeping him for one year in case he doesnt sign the extension.at the same time to make the club scapegoat in the eyes of the fans and to make himself look innocent.dnt think that worked out quite well.he could have simply announced i m not going to sign,why all the explanations nd lies.especially about gazidis being on holiday.last year he was having the time of his life at this club,now he couldn't even stay for one year?

i think arseblog perfectly summed up my views on that statement the next day.dnt think my reaction is knee jerk until someone tells me persie had no idea what was there in that statement.we were having the best summer in the history of the club up until that very moment.now we are the club in crisis

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:34 am

Best summer in the history of the club??? Your knees are still jerking, mate!

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:36 am

"we were having the best summer in the history of the club up until that very moment."

What the hell are you smoking?

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:42 am

best summer in terms of transfers.dont you agree?

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:45 am

Lucas Podolski and Olivier Giroud consist of Arsenals best Summer in terms of transfers, ever? Mental.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:52 am

ever was a bit exaggerating.but atleasnt in last 10 years.not just Lucas Podolski and Olivier Giroud.with couple of more signings it was turning out to be the best post 2000 summer.there was so much excitement for the new season.now its all gone

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:06 am

No argument that it was shaping up to be a good summer after a lot of disappointing ones. But my hyperbolometer went off with that line Razz But your sentiment is correct - it seemed like a decent summer of strengthening, and now the question marks are all back.

But even if he were to go, I feel we would survive.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next