Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man United vs ARSENAL (match thread)

+31
Ravneet Singh
loodle
pwoodman1
dbruce5
Dan Hakim
Marko Maksimović
yuval.b.nissan
Alex Hadjicharalampous
John Foxall
vyom.chaudhary
rea.nolan
Michael Schatzky
Mike York
Will.sheng
Jason Morrison
Chris Chan
Mohamed Samir
DaveToffy
Jenks1981
Mario
Vanig Bostanian
Zaid Derweesh
Subrat Koirala
Michael Foster
smoreno
Jonathan Prendergast
Darcy Gorman
Meshaal
ralph avedikian
Hisham El Mawan
Samritpal Singh
35 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Man United vs ARSENAL (match thread) Empty Man United vs ARSENAL (match thread)

Post by Samritpal Singh Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:44 am

Looks like Szczesny is back for this game. He'll be playing vs Reading tomorrow. Usual suspects will play. Expect Fletcher to start for United. Referee will be Mike Dean. Interesting. Howard Webb will officiate West Ham vs Man City.

Including Saturday, Mike Dean will have refereed five of Arsenal's last 23 Premier League matches. No other ref will have done more than two. That's 21.7%. The only other referee that gets close to that number is *surprise surprise* Howard Webb for United.

Clattenburg doesn't get any games for this weekend.

Fully fit line up I'll go with :

Szczesny
Sagna - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs (?)
Arteta - Cazorla - Wilshere
Walcott - Giroud - Podolski

Also when is Gibbs coming back? We can't afford to play Santos... Valencia will shit all over him. Vermaelen can be deployed at left back but then the last time Vermaelen played as a left back against United, Valencia scored 1 and assisted another.

Match facts for Mike Dean :

Match Date Season Referee Home Away Points
2012-09-23 2012/2013 Mike Dean Manchester City Arsenal 1
2012-04-21 2011/2012 Mike Dean Arsenal Chelsea 1
2012-03-31 2011/2012 Mike Dean Queens Park Rangers Arsenal 0
2012-02-26 2011/2012 Mike Dean Arsenal Tottenham Hotspur 3
2012-01-22 2011/2012 Mike Dean Arsenal Manchester United 0
2011-11-26 2011/2012 Mike Dean Arsenal Fulham 1
2011-10-02 2011/2012 Mike Dean Tottenham Hotspur Arsenal 0
2010-11-07 2010/2011 Mike Dean Arsenal Newcastle United 0
2010-10-03 2010/2011 Mike Dean Chelsea Arsenal 0
2010-04-24 2009/2010 Mike Dean Arsenal Manchester City 1
2010-02-07 2009/2010 Mike Dean Chelsea Arsenal 0
2009-12-16 2009/2010 Mike Dean Burnley Arsenal 1
2009-08-29 2009/2010 Mike Dean Manchester United Arsenal 0
2009-05-16 2008/2009 Mike Dean Manchester United Arsenal 1
2009-02-08 2008/2009 Mike Dean Tottenham Hotspur Arsenal 1
2008-11-30 2008/2009 Mike Dean Chelsea Arsenal 3
2008-09-13 2008/2009 Mike Dean Blackburn Rovers Arsenal 3
2008-02-23 2007/2008 Mike Dean Birmingham City Arsenal 1
2007-12-05 2007/2008 Mike Dean Newcastle United Arsenal 1
2007-04-21 2006/2007 Mike Dean Tottenham Hotspur Arsenal 1
2006-12-26 2006/2007 Mike Dean Watford Arsenal 3
2006-11-25 2006/2007 Mike Dean Bolton Wanderers Arsenal 0
2006-04-15 2005/2006 Mike Dean Arsenal West Bromwich Albion 3

10 draws, 5 wins and 8 loses in 23 games.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Man United vs ARSENAL (match thread) Empty Re: Man United vs ARSENAL (match thread)

Post by Hisham El Mawan Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:05 am

So, there's a chance we're going up against United with our best 11?

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Man United vs ARSENAL (match thread) Empty Re: Man United vs ARSENAL (match thread)

Post by Samritpal Singh Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:11 am

Hisham El Mawan wrote:So, there's a chance we're going up against United with our best 11?

There is, in fact. Just read on Twitter that Gibbs might be back for this game.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:31 am

Samritpal Singh wrote:
Hisham El Mawan wrote:So, there's a chance we're going up against United with our best 11?

There is, in fact. Just read on Twitter that Gibbs might be back for this game.

Best news I have heard for a long time! When was the last time we said that about a big game (especially United).

We can't use tiredness as an excuse. We played QPR at home on a Saturday, they played Chelsea away on a Sunday, yet I can bet my house that they will look much more energetic and committed, and if we lose we'll say our players are knackered. I am really worried about this game, the 8-2 comes to mind, rvprick, I can see sendings off etc.. Hopefully we can nick a win with fully fit team. Would love it for Wenger too if he can get one over Fergie the cunt.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:31 pm

Didn't know where to put this but felt it was a good read and should be shared - even if it is arsenalnewsreview.co.uk

"From Tips : Arsene Knows

It takes a brave man to stand in front of a room full of irate Gooners – many of whom have typed their fingers to the bone on Twitter documenting every furious reaction from the Arsenal AGM – and boldly claim that Champions League qualification is a trophy.

Yet that’s exactly what Arsene Wenger did – and rightly so.

The Frenchman may have been described as many things throughout his career but he’s certainly no fool, so to see respected people in football ridiculing his philosophy is staggering.

Certain ex-Tottenham strikers, who are perhaps understandably unfamiliar with what excitement the tournament brings, can be forgiven for their outbursts.

However, Gary Lineker wasn’t the first, and certainly won’t be the last, to lambast Wenger’s standpoint. Even respected journalists, who are experts in decoding messages and meaning, seem to have failed to grasp the basic point of Wenger’s statement.

Let’s get one thing clear, as I think this may be a genuine issue for some people to get their heads around: Wenger. Does. Not. Think. Champions League. Qualification. Is. A. Tangible.Trophy.

Champions League qualification is a trophy – it’s just not one you can wave around.

He is not planning an open-top bus parade, nor is he clearing space in the Emirates boardroom to rest the idea of accomplishment on the mantle piece. He is simply making clear that, should Arsenal not achieve their primary and/or secondary aims of winning the Premier League or Champions League, then re-qualification is a bigger priority – and finer achievement – than winning either the FA Cup or League Cup.

The general perception is that Arsenal have failed in the last seven years, but Wenger rightly wants to stress that even seven ‘trophy-full’ years of winning either of the two domestic knockout trophies every year would not represent the same achievement, or entertainment value, of consistently playing in the Champions League.

If you have any doubts about this, I’d direct you towards a Liverpool fan to ask if they would trade last season’s Carling Cup success for a top three finish and a place at Europe’s elite table this season.

Perhaps track down a Birmingham fan and ask if they feel focusing on Premier League survival would have been a wiser use of their time and energy than claiming cup ‘glory’? Simply put, you don’t need to – because you’ll either know what they’ll say, or you’ll not want to hear their lies.

Yes, all cups are nice.

Yes, Wenger knows Arsenal should have been able to claim at least one in the last seven years and need to be launching stronger assaults on his top two priorities – but don’t for a second think that Champions League qualification is an inferior achievement, or a given (Chelsea, 2011).

It is a trophy. Just not one you can wave around…

Follow Massimo Marioni on Twitter"

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php/news/2733/30/4th-IS-a-trophy-insists-Massimo

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcy Gorman Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:24 pm

Anyone for playing Sagna at left back and Jenks at right back if Gibbs doesn't get up for this one?

Darcy Gorman
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:20 am

Darcy Gorman wrote:Anyone for playing Sagna at left back and Jenks at right back if Gibbs doesn't get up for this one?

I have said for a while that Santos seems to always need a few games before playing well.

But I would be very tempted by your suggestion.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by smoreno Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:31 am

No Ramsey please! pleaseeeee!!! Razz

smoreno
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:26 am

smoreno wrote:No Ramsey please! pleaseeeee!!! Razz

I completely agree with that comment....I too don't want to see Rambo on..nor on he bench for this...not been playing as well as what we can put out....he should realise this too:.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:27 am

I for one think Ramsey has been decent and should start on the right. Needless to say, this fixture will be a real test for us, but for a change, we could be going there with a full strength starting XI. Any fresh news on Gibbs yet?
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcy Gorman Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:33 am

Subrat Koirala wrote:I for one think Ramsey has been decent and should start on the right. Needless to say, this fixture will be a real test for us, but for a change, we could be going there with a full strength starting XI. Any fresh news on Gibbs yet?

And the best defense in the league..

Above teams are about right, unfortunately Santos will start if Gibbs doesn't get up, but I can see Wenger risking Gibbs for this one if he's almost there, let's hope he gets it right. Would love to see Walcott start, he should be fresh enough despite the 120 and he'll be sweating confidence. Alas, I think Ramsey will start and Theo on if we're down around 60 mins.

I really think we can win this, we need Verm to pull one out of the bag and monster VP, get him off his game using aggression and strength. If we can stop VP, we can win the midfield battle and nick a goal. 1-0 to the Arse.

Darcy Gorman
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:34 pm

Chesney (if actually fit)
Sagna Mert Vermaelen Gibbs (if fit)
Arteta Wilshere
Cazorla
Ramsey Giroud Podolski

I think it will end up looking like that. Theo played the full 120. Giroud played about 60, so should be fine, especially since he's been rotated this season.

Ramsey on the left will happen, especially away at Old Trafford. Wenger wants him to add stability - if he keeps his game simple and avoids the Hollywood, he can do a job there. Whether we're winning or losing, I'd like to see Wenger bring on Walcott later in the game (if we're winning, to create a counter threat and decimate Evra, if we're losing, then to create an attacking threat).

We'll need to dominate the midfield, and obviously we have the talent to do that. But Man Utd will use the wings to kill us, especially if Gibbs isn't fit. Even if Gibbs is fit, I suspect Valencia will win the battle of that wing no matter who plays.

No hope for this one for me I'm afraid, I just haven't seen enough from us of late to suggest we can go to Old Trafford and get a result (COC aside, that was a different team and a crazy night). 2-0 for me. Van Persie to dive to get a penalty, and scoring a brace.

The real question is, will he celebrate when he scores?

Even if we lose, I'll be satisfied if we put in a good performance at least. Man Utd away, too much of an ask right now.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:52 pm

I'm not too optimistic going into this game. Last week I would've said maybe losing 3-0, now maybe 2-1, but still a loss. I'd start Theo even if he did play the whole 120 minutes the other day. He should be high with confidence right now. For some reason, I have a feeling that Arshavin will be key in this game coming on as a sub. I'd go with:
Szczesny
Sagna Mert Verm Gibbs (if fit)
Wilshere Cazorla Arteta
Theo Giroud Poldi
That is quite a good team and should be able to put a fight against United at Old Trafford. Sure hope Santos doesn't play.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Szczesny and Gibbs are still out and Gervinho is out for 3 weeks.

Santos will get utterly destroyed. I want to go with Theo ahead of Ramsey, too. I understand why Ramsey will play but his form is just not good.

2-0/3-1 United.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:41 pm

Will never beat United with Vito Mannone and Andre Santos in the team, never.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:08 am

So no Gervinho, Chamberlain, Gibbs, Szczesny.

Vito

Sagna - Per - TV - Jenkinson

Arteta - Jack

Ramsey - Santi - Pod

Giroud

Bench : Martinez, Kos, Coq, Theo, Chamakh, Arshavin, Santos.

Chamakh to come on and score anyone?

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:06 am

Here's the starting XI I think we'll see on Saturday:

-------------------MANNONE (fuck)-------------------

SAGNA---MERTESACKER---VERMAELEN---SANTOS (fuck)

---ARTETA-----------CAZORLA------------WILSHERE---

RAMSEY (fuck)--------GIROUD---------------PODOLSKI

I see us going behind to a goal from van Persie. I also think one of the new boys (Cazorla, Giroud, Podolski) will grab a goal. I call a 2-1 win, although I'm not sure for who.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:15 am

Am I the only one who thinks we will walk away with 3 points???
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:22 am

I'm quietly optimistic about this game, Michael.
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:48 am

Agree with Hisham but strongly think Walcott will play ahead of Ramsey after a hattrick! Apart from that I think the same, FUCK!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcy Gorman Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:35 am

Jenks1981 wrote:Will never beat United with Vito Mannone and Andre Santos in the team, never.

Haha only good things can come from a statement like this. If we lose, I told you so, if we win, we win!

Darcy Gorman
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed Samir Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:38 am

I can't see us winning this one with Ramsey, Santos and Manonne starting. Valencia will eat Santos alive. I think it will be a draw and I'm a bit optimistic.
Mohamed Samir
Mohamed Samir
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcy Gorman Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:40 am

Michael Foster wrote:Am I the only one who thinks we will walk away with 3 points???

I don't know what level of confidence I have, but I at least have some.

I can see us bossing the midfield with Wilshere, Arteta and Cazorla. It's gotta give us some sort of hope, and Jonny Evans has always got a mistake in him.

Darcy Gorman
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:36 am

we don't beat Utd at OT. I just hope RVP has enough class not to celebrate scoring against us

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:43 am

Hoping for some last minute injuries on United squad.. like shaver bottle drops on RVP's foot or Rooney having diarrhea.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next