Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man United vs ARSENAL (match thread)

+31
Ravneet Singh
loodle
pwoodman1
dbruce5
Dan Hakim
Marko Maksimović
yuval.b.nissan
Alex Hadjicharalampous
John Foxall
vyom.chaudhary
rea.nolan
Michael Schatzky
Mike York
Will.sheng
Jason Morrison
Chris Chan
Mohamed Samir
DaveToffy
Jenks1981
Mario
Vanig Bostanian
Zaid Derweesh
Subrat Koirala
Michael Foster
smoreno
Jonathan Prendergast
Darcy Gorman
Meshaal
ralph avedikian
Hisham El Mawan
Samritpal Singh
35 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Man United vs ARSENAL (match thread) - Page 5 Empty Re: Man United vs ARSENAL (match thread)

Post by Jenks1981 Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:11 am

Lets just leave it there and not have all our belief destroyed, we arent in the same league as United.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Man United vs ARSENAL (match thread) - Page 5 Empty Re: Man United vs ARSENAL (match thread)

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:12 am

Fuck this!
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:13 am

Softest yellow I've seen in a LONG time.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:13 am

and yet another red at the theatre of scheems....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:14 am

This is gonna get a whole lot worse still...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:14 am

The second yellow is irrelevant.

I agree with Jenks - not in the same league.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:17 am

Dan Hakim wrote:Softest yellow I've seen in a LONG time.

ref has been poor for me....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:18 am

well looking at this the co cup is our best and only chance this season..
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:23 am

Based on this performance, we will get ass-raped by Chelsea when we eventually do have to play them in the cup.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:25 am

looks like more spending in the window
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by smoreno Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:25 am

You cannot win with Ramsey in the team...is not about football, now the team is playing with 9 men, we started with 10 and now with 9...

smoreno
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:26 am

Arshavin and Santos on the left... We WILL concede again in thia game...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:29 am

we seriously need some kind of inspirational striker... for the past month we've looked absolutely toothless in attack (not including the freak rwading game)...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by loodle Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:32 am

How are we going to survive the rest of the season? We don't appear to have anybody keen on attacking. We were one nil down for a good 65 minutes but I can count all our shots on goal on one hand. What is going to happen if we do lose Theo? A few seasons ago we were eager to see him gone but now he seems to be one of the few in an Arsenal shirt that will run at goal.

loodle
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:35 am

I'd accept learning how to defend before we talk about attacking. You have to earn the right to play at somewhere like Old Trafford.

We haven't been there for years with a team possessing the ability and discipline to keep a clean sheet.

Man Utd are well drilled for a start, something that we look less and less every game that passes. All this comes back to the manager, we desperately need a change sooner or later. We're an indisciplined mess that constantly trade down in quality.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:37 am

Whats happened to all the money from the sales of Adebayor/toure/Fabregas/Nasri/van persie/song?? Sure we've apent a bit but what's happened to all the left over money from the sales of our good players? I seriously want to know...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:38 am

what a goal................need to learn to do it before they score
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:39 am

Game over... ateast we got spme concilation
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:41 am

Worst point tally at matchday 10 since 1994 for us...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:43 am

Santi's goal comes down, I think, to Man U not playing anymore as the game had already been won. It was a nice strike, but...

Jason Morrison wrote:Whats happened to all the money from the sales of Adebayor/toure/Fabregas/Nasri/van persie/song?? Sure we've apent a bit but what's happened to all the left over money from the sales of our good players? I seriously want to know...

I think it's going to pay off the stadium debt. Does anyone know when the stadium will be paid off?
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by loodle Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:46 am

okay...let me edit my last post then. How are we going to survive the rest of the season? We don't appear to have anybody keen on attacking and our once solid CBs (save Mertesacker) have been a shocker this season. Our midfield has been looking uninspired until the return of Jack but I have a feeling he's going to be a liability if he keeps putting in bad challenges (he's got the fight in him but he needs to control it). How do we get the team inspired? We can't go on this way, there are too many holes we need patched up in the team this season. And we certainly can't lose any more players in the next transfer window

loodle
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:49 am

Dan Hakim wrote:Santi's goal comes down, I think, to Man U not playing anymore as the game had already been won. It was a nice strike, but...

Jason Morrison wrote:Whats happened to all the money from the sales of Adebayor/toure/Fabregas/Nasri/van persie/song?? Sure we've apent a bit but what's happened to all the left over money from the sales of our good players? I seriously want to know...

I think it's going to pay off the stadium debt. Does anyone know when the stadium will be paid off?

If I'm not mistaken i've read before that paying off our stadium debt sooner would cost us more or we're not allowed to or something like that. I'll try to see if I can find where i read that but if thats the case then where the fuck is our money going... and surely if it was all payed to stadium debt then it should be easily managable at thos point so why are we still not spending on quality players...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:55 am

Not really surprised or bothered by the result. About what I expected with the squad we put out there.
When you're down to 10 men, you're not coming back.
We haven't been scoring and didn't look like scoring here, 2-1 is flattering. I like what Jack brought before his sending off, and Giroud is looking promising as well.
WE are not clicking though, and it'll take time, with a consistent line up to learn how to play together.
I hope Ramsey started on the wing only because Walcott played 120 mins mid week, but who knows ,it might also be because of Wenger's dogmatic streak of doing the same thing everywhere always, in spite of whether it is effective or not.

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:00 am

Can't create chances, can't defend properly, don't have many options off the bench, don't make proactive changes during a game... we're going places!

Almost like selling your best players every season and not replacing them adequately wasn't the best of business plans.

In a way that was worse than the 8-2. We had excuses last season, a freak, we made signings couple of days later (even if some of those signings were average). Szczesny and Gibbs were the only players missing from our first XI (I don't count Gervinho because he/Ramsey/Walcott are as inconsistent as each other). The difference between clubs is huge.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:06 am

Mario Leontiou wrote:Can't create chances, can't defend properly, don't have many options off the bench, don't make proactive changes during a game... we're going places!
I agree about the changes, Mario. Was Cleverly taken off because he was in danger of another yellow? Possibly.
Wilshere was in the same boat, he had been warned . Dunno who was on the bench that Wenger could have brought on for him to keep attacking, but Wenger never makes changes. I don't think Arshavin would've been the right person ,but when you bring Andrey on with only 12 minutes to go , not much will happen.
If things aren't looking good for you at 65 mins, why wait? Why wait until there is not very much time left in the match to swing any momentum your way?

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next