Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AC Milan v Arsenal Post Match

+40
Marko Maksimović
McCarthyofcourse!!
Dark Knight
Mike York
ChippyBrady
richard.fallaize
vyom.chaudhary
Chris Chan
Alejandro Perreira
Mohamed Samir
Zaid Derweesh
Darcy Gorman
Joey Schwab
Adam Sisson
jason.mandryk
Will.sheng
John Foxall
janelle.noel
Hisham El Mawan
nick koupparis
Richard Wallace
Adriel Williams
JavierVen
ralph avedikian
Jason Morrison
Assan Touray
Pamela Kalu
Durrell
Stephen Mitchell
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Ed Spence
Vanig Bostanian
Cyril Karwa
Sami Rockfeller
Michael Schatzky
Mario
eyal.peer
Michael Foster
Evan Mullins
Dan Hakim
44 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

AC Milan v Arsenal Post Match - Page 4 Empty Re: AC Milan v Arsenal Post Match

Post by janelle.noel Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:36 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:
Ed Spence wrote:I've just had a vision, 5-1 at home, we win on penalties. I'm putting 50p on it... probably.

We go out if it's 5-1. bounce
LOL

janelle.noel
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:37 am

Ed Spence wrote:
Ed Spence wrote:I've just had a vision, 5-1 at home, we win on penalties. I'm putting 50p on it... probably.

Good point.

I have a vision, 6-1 at home, we win on penalties. I'm putting 40p on it... maybe.

It can't go to penalties if it's 6-1. bounce
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Spence Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:40 am

Ed Spence wrote:

Good point.

I have a vision, 6-1 at home, we win on penalties. I'm putting 40p on it... maybe.

It can't go to penalties if it's 6-1. bounce

Ah fuck it.

I have a vision, 7-0, no penalties. Has to be worth 30p surely?
Ed Spence
Ed Spence
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Mitchell Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:47 am

Mario Leontiou wrote:David Ornstein @bbcsport_david
Arsenal this season against rest of EPL top 7 (in all comps) plus AC Milan: P9 W1 D1 L7 GF9 GA23

That's a pretty pointless stat, chucking in Milan for no reason whatsoever when we've done well against other quality teams in Europe (Udinese, Dortmund). Also should be mentioned that of those 8 other games, 6 have been away from home. Still have City, Newcastle, Spurs and Chelsea at home.

Not an excuse, as we should be competing with these teams home and away. But I do think that stat will look slightly improved by the end of the season, think we should get points out of three of those games.
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:01 am

Adam Sisson wrote:So I had gone into communications black out for the game, not wanting to know the score. I had DVR'd it at home and was just going to come home, make some dinner, and sit down with a beer and watch the game just as if I was watching it live.

15 minutes in they scored. I didn't even hesitate to grab my phone and check the score after that. Why? Because after 15 minutes we were so poor with our passing, lacking any type of drive, and just going through the motions that I knew it was not going to be worth it to watch the rest of the game.

First thing I see is 4-0 Milan and I wasn't even surprised.

I don't think the term "shower of shit" could ever be used more appropriately, and that was only after 15 minutes of viewing.

Did the exact same thing Adam, except I looked it up at 2-0. Fucking awful. Watched til the 3rd goal and then couldn't take it anymore.
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcy Gorman Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:48 am

Stephen Mitchell wrote:Jeez.

Yes, we were dreadful. Some poor performances from people who we really should be able to count on (Vermaelen and Sagna). But some of the reactionary comments I've seen on the net in the last hour are laughable. People were talking us up after two good results in the league recently, and all of a sudden one result shows how deficient we are in every single department, the death knell of Arsenal football club and a sign of our inexorable slide...

Milan are a very good side, and we took a hiding. Yes, tonight was unacceptable. But I don't understand how this symbolises the current state of our side any more than the 7-1 win against Blackburn does, or our excellent run of form from October to December. The world didn't end tonight. Sunderland next on Saturday afternoon.

Rant over, apologies.

Thank god, some clear thinking. I love the passion of the board 90% of the time, but poor results (and yes this was worse than poor, completely unacceptable) seem to spell the end of clear thinking anyway on the board for a good few days.

Sagna now on his last legs is he? No good at defending on the counter?

Spare me.

Darcy Gorman
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:14 pm

Stephen Mitchell wrote:
Mario Leontiou wrote:David Ornstein @bbcsport_david
Arsenal this season against rest of EPL top 7 (in all comps) plus AC Milan: P9 W1 D1 L7 GF9 GA23

That's a pretty pointless stat, chucking in Milan for no reason whatsoever when we've done well against other quality teams in Europe (Udinese, Dortmund). Also should be mentioned that of those 8 other games, 6 have been away from home. Still have City, Newcastle, Spurs and Chelsea at home.

Not an excuse, as we should be competing with these teams home and away. But I do think that stat will look slightly improved by the end of the season, think we should get points out of three of those games.

It's a damning stat, but Stephen is also right. But even against the top 7, P8 W1 D1 L6 is awful, just awful.

There is still a little bit of time to change that, starting with Spurs.

Ah, dangit.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Michael Schatzky wrote:
Hisham El Mawan wrote:Horrible result, and we're probably done in the CL this year, but a lot of people are acting like it's the end of the world right now. Honestly, this frees us up to go for the FA Cup and to chase down Tottenham in the league.
I'd like to think so, maybe they'll get back to Blighty and forget it ever happened. Italian mirage.
This squad is different than last years, but what the CC final showed me was that this sort of shit form is infectious like fucking Ebola and can destroy the rest of your season. Hopefully not so this year?

I won't make any predictions, but I hope they get over this quickly.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed Samir Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:26 pm

We were not even prepared for this game, every one from the players to the manager are a disgrace. I think it's much worse than United game at least we had many injuries but now what are the excuses for this shit?.

We deserved this loss and to be fair I expect us to finish outside the top 4 and collapse like every season, that would be typical wouldn't it?
Mohamed Samir
Mohamed Samir
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Alejandro Perreira Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:15 pm

5-0 here we come! but in all seriousness this was a tragic loss, whic could so easily have come off much better. i think the bfg injury really hurt. tv and kos didnt look comfortable with each other and ibra was a matchup nightmare. offensively ther is no excuse, just piss poor. ramsay needs to come off the bench and walcott was ineffective as usual although i think the field played into milans hands more so than ours. the middle was good eniugh for them to play through ibra and the wings probably resulted in worse than usual play where we had an advantage.

defensively it was a mix of poor play, bad luck and lack of professionalism. the first was very well taken, but should never have happened in the first place. second goal is completely on sagna who should know to play til the whistle and there was little we could do for the third after the slip. its a very tough loss to tqke, but its not the end of the world.
ps, i could only imagine how crazy it would drive some of you to cheer for an nba, nhl, nfl or mlb team where there is only 1 trophy to win and for most teams it takes decades to even come close. im well equipped to handle these types of seasons and i have all of torontos sports franchises to thank for that, so shoutout to the raps, leafs and bluejays!

i still think we'll beat sunderland and 4th is ours for the taking.

Alejandro Perreira
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:30 pm

I still feel sick. What utter garbage. Just when you think this team is turning a corner they throw in a result to put us all the way back to the start. Unfortunately this is same old Arsenal, we have been seeing this for far too long.

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Will.sheng Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:14 pm

How many signings did we make in the summer? 7, 8? Only one has been a regular - mikel Arteta. What's the point of that?

Will.sheng
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:15 pm

someone please suggest how to get over football blues??
its happening way too often

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:18 pm

Will.sheng wrote:How many signings did we make in the summer? 7, 8? Only one has been a regular - mikel Arteta. What's the point of that?
gervinho and per too..to an extent

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Will.sheng Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:30 pm

Oh yea...I shoulda mentioned I was talking about those panic buys tho. And gervinho hasnt lived up to it either really.

Will.sheng
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Will.sheng Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm still convinced he should be playing park. He is ready raring to go and will want to prove himself. Why not try? Grrrr frustrating!

Will.sheng
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Well yet another hangover of an absolutly shit result.....
Logic tells me bad results happen,my mind tells me fuck logic...

We were torn apart last night by a good team...and the good team hit a bang on timely perfect game,we were snuffed out all over the pitch..way to easily,
I could sit here and say we deserved it...and yes we did,but as the fans do WE deserve this,
We chuck in good results in the league and its becoming almost our own way of buttering up a shit slice of bread both sides to make it taste better than it is..
We look at results against smaller teams when we get two or more goals and see it as a good result...but apart from giving chelsea a hiding,we have been nothing bur plodding along a team and club like ours should be right up there giving these small teams a fucking whack..also dishing out a spanking or two to our rivals maun,Liverpool and so on....

I for one have had enough of results like this...they are coming thick and fast...could you imagine the days of the invincibles getting a hiding here and there..could you imagine an 8-2 result a 4-4 comeback from Newcastle a 4-0 from Milan that's just a few to note....
I for one could not have seen it happening all to often...

This season has pissed me off big time...and yet again there is still a way to go I just hope it gets better A LOT better.

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by eyal.peer Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:08 pm

eyal.peer
eyal.peer
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:25 pm

I just read everything since my first post in this thread. I honestly think everyone is way too critical. Yes it was a poor performance and a poor result, but come on if we win our next 2 games (or even draw at sunderland) everyone will forget this result and move on..

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:27 pm

ralph avedikian wrote:I just read everything since my first post in this thread. I honestly think everyone is way too critical. Yes it was a poor performance and a poor result, but come on if we win our next 2 games (or even draw at sunderland) everyone will forget this result and move on..

I won't I am always looking for that next spanking...it happens all to often...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by eyal.peer Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:29 pm

ralph avedikian wrote:I just read everything since my first post in this thread. I honestly think everyone is way too critical. Yes it was a poor performance and a poor result, but come on if we win our next 2 games (or even draw at sunderland) everyone will forget this result and move on..

You can basically say that even if we lose 8-2, or 6-0.

You can always move on. That's the beauty of the game. But such a defeat, in such an important game, where we offered nothing at all can be a heavy moral blow, both to the fans and to the players.
We have many young players who just experienced what it is like to be completely dominated tactically, to completely fail when your fans expect of you to shine, and this time there are no excuses. We had no leadership and showed again a lack of a certain mentality. Such results can be much more than just a defeat, as we saw last season.
eyal.peer
eyal.peer
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by richard.fallaize Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:34 pm

Michael Foster wrote:

Haha good choices....

Firstly Johnny Cash has put a smile on my face this morning!!! Very Happy

I do admire the optimistic views some people have, but if history has taught us anything,the 'Business end of the season' is when we normally crumble like a rich tea biscuit. That said, despite my anger and miserable mood this morning, i'll be tuning into Itv once more(Although why ITV think the nation will want to watch us again is beyond me) this saturday for the Sunderland match to see if we can get anything up there......a performance would be nice. If i'm honest, i cant see us winning.... i cant see the players i watched last night WANTING to go up to the North East and giving their all for what could be a bit of silverware at the end of the season.

richard.fallaize
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Should have grabbed 11 guys in Arsenal shirts from outside the stadium prior to kick-off and made them play. Wouldn't have been any worse than the shower of shit impersonating footballers out there. Basic, naive schoolboy errors all over the park. Embarrassment. Utter shite.
Take Van Persie out of that 11 and you have a mid table group of piss poor excuses for Arsenal players.
If the manager can't motivate the players for a Champions League knockout game, then what hope is there?
I guarantee you Stoke won't go and play in Europe tonight with that same kind of 'couldn't give a toss attitude.

Pulis for Arsenal
ChippyBrady
ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:59 pm

ChippyBrady7 wrote:Should have grabbed 11 guys in Arsenal shirts from outside the stadium prior to kick-off and made them play. Wouldn't have been any worse than the shower of shit impersonating footballers out there. Basic, naive schoolboy errors all over the park. Embarrassment. Utter shite.
Take Van Persie out of that 11 and you have a mid table group of piss poor excuses for Arsenal players.
If the manager can't motivate the players for a Champions League knockout game, then what hope is there?
I guarantee you Stoke won't go and play in Europe tonight with that same kind of 'couldn't give a toss attitude.

Pulis for Arsenal

One thing from the game that had me in a rage of laughter was the non ability to string together a basic string of passes and try and gain 15-20 yards...what did we have..a team with no shape what so ever and tricks and flicks flying straight to a Milan player...

They should have indeed taken 11 form the stands...I bet they would have had more successful passes...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next