Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARSENAL-TOTTENHAM POST MATCH

+8
Jason Morrison
Michael Foster
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Vanig Bostanian
Jenks1981
Dan Hakim
Meshaal
Subrat Koirala
12 posters

Go down

ARSENAL-TOTTENHAM POST MATCH Empty ARSENAL-TOTTENHAM POST MATCH

Post by Subrat Koirala Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:46 am

5-2 win for the second time this calendar year. Fuck you spurs. Forever in our shadows!

That is all.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

ARSENAL-TOTTENHAM POST MATCH Empty Re: ARSENAL-TOTTENHAM POST MATCH

Post by Meshaal Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:01 am

"As an Arsenal fan, I am desperate to see this contract situation put to bed. Please, please can Levy give AVB a new deal?"

From bbc.co.uk/football

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:05 am

Let's be honest here, we were getting absolutely fucked until the red card. We couldn't hold onto the ball, we couldn't press them, everything was going spurs' way.

I'm very happy with the result, don't get me wrong, but I'm worried by how we were being manhandled for the first 18 minutes.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:07 am

Unfortunately it will be easy to forget how poor we looked before the red card, we looked second best before then.

After that, professional enough with some sloppy play.

Ox looked good when he came on.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:14 am

We were very poor before the sending off, but how classy was Cazorla? Every touch he had on the ball was great to watch. Hopefully this win gives some of the guys some confidence back.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:45 am

Some of Cazorla decision making when making attacking passes was unbelievable.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:22 am

This red card business is really pissing me off. I hope everyone is aware that having a player sent off does not automatically lead to the opposition winning and the ten men falling apart. Also, being poor for the first 20 minutes doesn't necessarily mean the whole game will continue in that manner.

A great win and thoroughly deserved. How about we enjoy it, eh?
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:37 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:This red card business is really pissing me off. I hope everyone is aware that having a player sent off does not automatically lead to the opposition winning and the ten men falling apart. Also, being poor for the first 20 minutes doesn't necessarily mean the whole game will continue in that manner.

Very well said....I remember the days of having a man sent off and we would still win!!
Red card or not and for the first 18 I would hardly say we were being 'owned' we had a slow start a lot of games we have started poorly and still come out with a result...which I still could have seen today..spurs apart from the goal were not playing brilliant nor actually gaining much of a foothold on the game and the goal only came from a monumental fuck up by mert...

Look at it this way.....the reading game we were 4 down for god sake came back and won...how many other results this season have been the same??...no sendings off...11 v 11 still got a result....so for me at least I am not buying the whole red card syndrome...

Did spurs have one off last time we paved them 5-2???.............almost the same teams different circumstances same outcome...

I rest my case......

And just to add.....HAHAHAHA.....yet again the lesson that they are forever in our shadow....

COYG.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:41 am

Henry's reaction to us going ahead!

http://t.co/2BuK6rLB

Amazing! Proper Gooner/Gunner legend!
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcy Gorman Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:38 am

Could the result kick start our season again? Regardless of red cards, being poor for 20 minutes etc, I think we'll take so much more than the 3 points from this game. How much will Giroud take from it for example, looked like a pretty special standing ovation he got, was anyone there and can comment? That sort of response and acceptance from the fans will give him a massive boost.

Darcy Gorman
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:29 pm

Was great to see the ovation Giroud received, he has deserved it for his performances these past few weeks.

Other than the goals, I find two things very encouraging -

1 - He is pretty decent playing his team-mates in and with the build up in general.

2 - Getting alot of headers on targets (some straight at the 'keeper and some excetional saves) and also getting a good amount of ambitious shots on goal, these will start going in as well once he really settles in.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Giroud works hard for the team, imposes himself physically on defenders. They are finding it hard to cope with him. He is getting on the end of things with some great headers on goal, and defends set pieces as well. He is plan B, or should I say plan A these days because we seem to cross the ball to him a lot.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:40 pm

"Jake Sandler Red cards shouldn't be allowed in the first half, it ruins a match of football, and is thus a waste for a supporter paying 60 pounds. If I knew that Adebayor was going to get sent off 10 minutes in, I wouldn't go."
A Spurs supporter.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Vanig Bostanian wrote:"Jake Sandler Red cards shouldn't be allowed in the first half, it ruins a match of football, and is thus a waste for a supporter paying 60 pounds. If I knew that Adebayor was going to get sent off 10 minutes in, I wouldn't go."
A Spurs supporter.

Typical bullshit from a spurs fan.........

Fucking mug.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 pm

The amount of Spurs fans I've heard whinge about the red card and Howard Webb is incredible. Every single neutral, journalist and pundit has said it was a red card yet they feel cheated for some reason. If they cared so much maybe they could have stayed until full time to let the referee know how they felt, but they were all gone when the whistle went.

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:This red card business is really pissing me off. I hope everyone is aware that having a player sent off does not automatically lead to the opposition winning and the ten men falling apart. Also, being poor for the first 20 minutes doesn't necessarily mean the whole game will continue in that manner.

I agree. We've had an average season up to now so why not enjoy another great victory over Spurs for a few days? Or a few hours! We know we're not perfect and we still have problems, especially at the back, but who cares immediately after stuffing Spurs? The victory was very sweet. The atmosphere at the ground was superb, the manner in which we won with that idiot getting sent off and everyone sharing in the goals after coming from behind was lovely and we were first on Match of the Day.

As for the red card saving us, well, perhaps. We will never know. They were on top at the time and could have gone 2-0 up with Lennon. But here's a couple of things:

1) We were 2-0 down to a much better Spurs team last season and still won. Different teams, circumstances etc I know, but a football game is longer than 20 minutes.

2) Spurs crumble. This season:
1-0 up at home vs West Brom - Ended 1-1.
1-0 up at home vs Norwich - Ended 1-1
2-1 up at home vs Chelsea - Lost 4-2.
1-0 up away to Man City - lost 2-1
1-0 up away to Norwich - lost 2-1

With the defence they had out yesterday we were definitely going to score whether they had 10 or 11 men. That was a given. Whether they would have scored more? We wont know. It's not our fault that Adebayor is a brainless moron who plays for himself rather than the team, so we shouldn't care too much. Not until Wednesday night, anyway.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:43 pm

No denying about our defensive frailties, but as few guys have echoed, lets enjoy the win while we can. There's plenty of time to dwell on our weaknesses, but a derby day at the Emirates happens once a season, and we deserve to celebrate it no matter the circumstances. I give internet a small break for now, as I now go to the liquor store to get another bottle of Captain Morgan. Cheers!
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Speaking of morons, here's another one:

Nicklas Bendtner says he would not rule out a move to Tottenham Hotspur if he has to leave Arsenal on a permanent basis next summer.

The Danish striker is currently on a season-long loan at Juventus, but has struggled to make an impression with the Italian champions.

Bendtner spent last term on loan at Sunderland and reports suggest the 24-year-old will be sold by Arsenal at the end of the season.

"History is filled with examples of players moving between rival clubs and I can't rule out clubs due to where I might have been in the past."
Nicklas Bendtner Quotes of the week

He admits he would be happy to stay in London and would not discount the prospect of emulating the likes of William Gallas and Emmanuel Adebayor, who have played for Arsenal and Spurs in recent years.

"It might not be the best idea but if the project matches my ambitions I would have to be interested."

He added: "I still have a great relationship with London, which is a city that I adore.

"I have a lot of friends in London and there are a lot of great clubs in London, so I wouldn't rule out a return."

http://www.arsenalnews.co.uk/bendtner-open-to-spurs-move/link/663806/

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:51 pm

Vanig Bostanian wrote:Speaking of morons, here's another one:

Nicklas Bendtner says he would not rule out a move to Tottenham Hotspur if he has to leave Arsenal on a permanent basis next summer.

The Danish striker is currently on a season-long loan at Juventus, but has struggled to make an impression with the Italian champions.

Bendtner spent last term on loan at Sunderland and reports suggest the 24-year-old will be sold by Arsenal at the end of the season.

"History is filled with examples of players moving between rival clubs and I can't rule out clubs due to where I might have been in the past."

He admits he would be happy to stay in London and would not discount the prospect of emulating the likes of William Gallas and Emmanuel Adebayor, who have played for Arsenal and Spurs in recent years.

"It might not be the best idea but if the project matches my ambitions I would have to be interested."

He added: "I still have a great relationship with London, which is a city that I adore.

"I have a lot of friends in London and there are a lot of great clubs in London, so I wouldn't rule out a return."

Let him go to Spurs. Doubt he'll even start there.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Assan Touray Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:40 am

Hisham El Mawan wrote:
Vanig Bostanian wrote:Speaking of morons, here's another one:

Let him go to Spurs. Doubt he'll even start there.

Nope, both Adebayor and Defoe are better strikers than him. Besides, him and Adebayor can't co-exist unless he wants to end up with another cut on his face.
Assan Touray
Assan Touray
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down