Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AC Milan v Arsenal Post Match

+40
Marko Maksimović
McCarthyofcourse!!
Dark Knight
Mike York
ChippyBrady
richard.fallaize
vyom.chaudhary
Chris Chan
Alejandro Perreira
Mohamed Samir
Zaid Derweesh
Darcy Gorman
Joey Schwab
Adam Sisson
jason.mandryk
Will.sheng
John Foxall
janelle.noel
Hisham El Mawan
nick koupparis
Richard Wallace
Adriel Williams
JavierVen
ralph avedikian
Jason Morrison
Assan Touray
Pamela Kalu
Durrell
Stephen Mitchell
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Ed Spence
Vanig Bostanian
Cyril Karwa
Sami Rockfeller
Michael Schatzky
Mario
eyal.peer
Michael Foster
Evan Mullins
Dan Hakim
44 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

AC Milan v Arsenal Post Match - Page 2 Empty Re: AC Milan v Arsenal Post Match

Post by ralph avedikian Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:00 am

I think everyone is over reacting. OK so we're out of the CL (and we'll possibly win at home) it is not like we were going to win it. Our season objectives have not taken a blow : 4th spot and maybe the FA cup.
Chill everyone.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by JavierVen Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:01 am

Very poor condition of the pitch + Little creativity in midfield + A loose defense = 4 x 0

PD: 4-4-2? Really? this season we have not used this formation
JavierVen
JavierVen
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Spence Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:04 am

ralph avedikian wrote:I think everyone is over reacting. OK so we're out of the CL (and we'll possibly win at home) it is not like we were going to win it. Our season objectives have not taken a blow : 4th spot and maybe the FA cup.
Chill everyone.

It's not just a loss in a regular match though, like throwing away the CC final last year this is really going to damage moral...
Ed Spence
Ed Spence
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adriel Williams Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:06 am

Very very poor display. It seems like this season is just full of one low after the other. The league has to be full steam ahead now. Fuck the CL for this year. Tie is over. It's scary how much we have fallen in Europe. You don't lose quality players like Fabregas and Nasri and replace them with Rosicky and Ramsey ( good players, but clearly looked out their depth tonight) and expect to play at a high level. We really miss Gervinho and Ox should have started that game on the left wing instead of Rosicky.

Adriel Williams
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:06 am

There's losing and then there's putting in one of the most abject European performances of all time and being destroyed. Our heaviest ever loss in Europe, I think.

Still, Rosicky is in talks for a new contract cheers

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:07 am

ralph avedikian wrote:I think everyone is over reacting. OK so we're out of the CL (and we'll possibly win at home) it is not like we were going to win it. Our season objectives have not taken a blow : 4th spot and maybe the FA cup.
Chill everyone.

That's not the point. The point is that it's symptomatic of who we are as a team, and what it could mean for the future of the club. 4th is our goal, it's what we have to work to achieve, it's not guaranteed. With performances like this, and what might occur as a result of this humiliating loss, we could lose our best players and our ability to attract high quality players and to continue to challenge for titles. It's not the loss, it's the context of the loss.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:07 am

This has been a volatile, topsy turvy seaon, but to come out so flat for a big game.....dunno it just really bothers me how uninspiring and tentative we were in the first half.
Earlier I blamed it on lack of quality in the side , but it could also be getting tactics wrong.
Even when it seemed we had a chance to counter (which should have been the plan imo, )we didn't take it . Was the plan to sit back and stay compact?
Arteta passing poorly... dunno, just disappointing. Because it's not like Milan did it to us,we did it to ourselves. Mediocre side.

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Wallace Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:07 am

Spineless. No leadership. No effort, walking pace and sideways passing. Lack of technical quality tonight. I could go on and on.

Sczezny doesn't reassure me any more. Sagna and Vermaelen seem to have lost pace (understandable) but their performances tonight as the senior players in the backline were absolutely unacceptable and atrocious. Please God don't let our best defender be out for too long Sad

Midfield is not good enough. Song has tailed off dramatically over the last two months he looks very very average. Arteta is just a decent player but doesn't look like a game changer and Ramsey can't be relied on at the moment he looks drained and out of ideas.

Walcott is shit and needs to go. He just isn't good enough. He doesn't have the technical quality to play for us and really can't be relied on to consistently put in a good performance. He can't take players on 1 on 1 and is too 1 dimensional.

Abysmal (again).
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:07 am

Ed Spence wrote:
Chill everyone.

It's not just a loss in a regular match though, like throwing away the CC final last year this is really going to damage moral...

Champions League exits haven't really affected us that badly domestically though. Its disappointing results domestically that have detroyed our seasons in recent past.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:09 am

Mario Leontiou wrote:There's losing and then there's putting in one of the most abject European performances of all time and being destroyed. Our heaviest ever loss in Europe, I think.

Still, Rosicky is in talks for a new contract cheers

OptaJoe 4 - Tonight's match was
the first time in 222 European
games (excl. qualifiers) that
Arsenal have lost by 4+ goals.
Mauled.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Spence Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:09 am

Jason Morrison wrote:
Ed Spence wrote:
Chill everyone.

Champions League exits haven't really affected us that badly domestically though. Its disappointing results domestically that have detroyed our seasons in recent past.

I hope you're right!
Ed Spence
Ed Spence
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JavierVen Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:10 am

just me or sagna is having a very poor performance?
JavierVen
JavierVen
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adriel Williams Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:10 am

Jason Morrison wrote:
Ed Spence wrote:
Chill everyone.

Barcelona would like a word with you....

Adriel Williams
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nick koupparis Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:12 am

Sad
Cyril Karwa wrote:This team doesn't seem like it wants to win anything

i don't know how much you can lay at the feet of the team - lets face it they are not good enough - you can polish a turd but it will never shine.

And it seems to me AW has spent enough time with the pledge multi surface to have realised this.

make no mistake we will the laughing stock of europe even the Apoel have done better.

As for the home leg we'll see who has any pride in the shirt.
nick koupparis
nick koupparis
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nick koupparis Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:14 am

Highbury wrote:just me or sagna is having a very poor performance?

very very poor
nick koupparis
nick koupparis
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:15 am

Stephen Mitchell wrote:
Ed Spence wrote:I have a terrible feeling we'll have to enjoy the return leg, because it's the last we'll see of CL football for a while...

Absolutely, the qualifiers aren't until late August.

Atta boy.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:15 am

Adriel Williams wrote:
Jason Morrison wrote:
Ed Spence wrote:
Chill everyone.

Barcelona would like a word with you....

We started falling apart after the league cup final last year, which was before the barca 2nd leg game.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle.noel Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:15 am

Last edited by janelle.noel on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total

janelle.noel
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle.noel Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:17 am

nick koupparis wrote: Sad
Cyril Karwa wrote:This team doesn't seem like it wants to win anything

i don't know how much you can lay at the feet of the team - lets face it they are not good enough - you can polish a turd but it will never shine.

And it seems to me AW has spent enough time with the pledge multi surface to have realised this.

make no mistake we will the laughing stock of europe even the Apoel have done better.

As for the home leg we'll see who has any pride in the shirt.

There wasnt even any polish today. What grinds me is the WAY we lost. Its not like we can hold up our hand and say ok we played hard but they were better than us. Its we were SHITE!

janelle.noel
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:17 am

Horrible result, and we're probably done in the CL this year, but a lot of people are acting like it's the end of the world right now. Honestly, this frees us up to go for the FA Cup and to chase down Tottenham in the league.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:19 am

We can't be surprised that Milan were good at home. They gave Barcelona two very good matches this year. Their coach also got his tactics right.

But, we were so so bad. A catastrophe that complete takes some explaining. We were so wet and clueless. It's not like we're not capable of this kind of performance though. When we're this bad nearly everyone looks like a lost child, including Sagna, international or not.

Of course Wenger made no effort to adapt his tactics to the opposition or the two-legged tie but this is nothing new.

The starting line-up was wrong. If we were only going to play three forwards, one of the two couldn't be Walcott. I thought we had to replicate our choices of recent weeks, ie Rosicky in for Ramsey. Playing both was strange and didn't make sense within our current formation. Ramsey is in awful form, even if he wasn't the only one tonight. Song was also lost and useless. Djourou is the last person to blame, he was always likely to be weak.

Players that many of us rate very highly, ie Vermaelen, Sagna and co show no brains when defending counter-attacks. How much of this comes from the coach and how he decides to prepare the team?

Ibramovich struggles against the Carraghers and Vidics of the English league. He was never going to struggle against our relatively small CB partnership this evening.

Finally, I'm not sure I'm really that bothered or surprised. As others have said, this is just the logical conclusion of years of weakening, tactical paralysis and lack of ambition or realism at different times. No point pretending that we will do much in the CL this year. We have a more realistic aim to concentrate on. But even then, what good is getting back into the CL if we aren't able to improve?

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:19 am

nick koupparis wrote:

very very poor

The guy just came back from a 4 month injury, give him a break. Not like we had better RB options, and I don't believe coq would have done much better.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by JavierVen Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:20 am

nick koupparis wrote:

very very poor

Is very irregular in defense and attack does nothing Rolling Eyes
JavierVen
JavierVen
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Spence Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:22 am

Hisham El Mawan wrote:
Stephen Mitchell wrote:
Ed Spence wrote:I have a terrible feeling we'll have to enjoy the return leg, because it's the last we'll see of CL football for a while...

Absolutely, the qualifiers aren't until late August.

Atta boy.

Guys... I really hope you're right! Keep the faith eh?
Ed Spence
Ed Spence
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:24 am

John Foxall wrote:Of course Wenger made no effort to adapt his tactics to the opposition or the two-legged tie but this is nothing new.

I've come to realize Wenger never adjusta tactics to oppositions, never do we change playing style or formation based on who we play. Always the same tactics with players sometimes shifted around cause of rests or injuries.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next