Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer transfer window 2013

+34
Sivaram Sukumar
Ravneet Singh
Ashraf Peeran
Marko Maksimović
chris eades
Subrat Koirala
deep.gurung
Mohamed Samir
Aseem Bajpai
Andreas Wæhre
Dan Hakim
kique.canto
Joey Schwab
pwoodman1
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Jenson Pais
Michael Schatzky
Samritpal Singh
Meshaal
Mario
Jonathan Prendergast
Vijay Saibola
Kevin C.A.
cozypilo
ralph avedikian
John Foxall
Hisham El Mawan
Jenks1981
Vanig Bostanian
Chris Chan
jason.mandryk
Jason Morrison
Mike York
Michael Foster
38 posters

Page 18 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next

Go down

Summer transfer window 2013  - Page 18 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2013

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:50 pm

I don't think Arseblog creates stories just for the sake of it. It is a bit scary because you can take these comments from any of our past summers and put them here, the only difference being that t least this year we are not losing our best player on top of the lack of signings. I do think we will sign players though.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:32 am

It's tough to put stock into Wenger's words at this point. He has tricked the media in the past by saying he isn't signing someone and then he does within a week. He will say whatever will benefit Arsenal in the transfer negotiations at this stage whilst keeping the squad morale up.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:23 pm

Even if Wenger said that, its the best thing to say right now imo. Its all fairy tales if we do get Suarez/any new player. But imagine if we fail to do so. By saying "we can win without new signing", it'll show the current crop that he trusts their abilities. It's very diplomatic what he said, but is the best thing to say right now.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:40 am

It might be the best thing said but when the squad is calling out for signings and welcomes the challenges it brings.....sounds very counter productive to me...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:54 pm

thinking about the transfers this morning....somehow i simply cannot see us signing anyone now,higuain was there for the taking ok Real bumped up the price but the way i see it if we bid 40m for suarez and Real wanted 37m for higuain then why was the offer not increased??? wenger might have found more value in suarez but whats the point in chasing a player from a rival which will be 10 fold harder to land when there was a perfectly good option right there for 3m less.....i would like to see suarez at arsenal...but seriously i dont see it being pulled off.....2 targets gone in my eyes....with the talk of 'being happy' with what wenger has sounds like he is going to pull a major gamble and not invest.....

unless something drastic happens i dont see anybody new coming in.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:09 pm

I think we will see 2-3 signings. Just not the type of signings we thought we'd be getting at the start of the transfer window. I think we will see 12-15 million typical Arsenal signings.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:47 pm

Michael Foster wrote:Come on Wenger make it a cracking birthday for me....bag Suarez!!!! Lol

Happy birthday for the other day by the way!
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:49 pm

Felliani, Cesc, Rooney and Suarez are the main big target possibilities.

I don't know why we haven't signed Williams yet.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:18 am

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:Come on Wenger make it a cracking birthday for me....bag Suarez!!!! Lol

Happy birthday for the other day by the way!

thanks fella!! Smile
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:00 pm

GERVINHO is on the verge of joining Roma.
The Italians’ sporting chief Walter Sabatini met Arsenal officials last night to iron out a £6million deal for the striker.
Gervinho, 26, cost Gunners £10.8m from Lille in 2011.
But the Ivory Coast star is likely to be a fringe player at the Emirates this season and is ready to move on.
There has also been interest from Russia and Turkey but Gervinho prefers a switch to Serie A.

cesar latest....

Arsenal are in pole position to sign QPR keeper Julio Cesar after Napoli scrapped their move for the Brazil keeper, 33. Cesar is keen to stay in England and the Premier League ahead of next summer’s World Cup finals.
His agent agent Josias Cardoso said: “Arsenal remain a concrete option.
“In Italy recently I have only spoken to Napoli — but they did not want to pay Julio’s current wages.
“He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world and after a great Confederations Cup performance he showed his desire to come back to Italy by demanding nothing more.”

suarez latest....

Arsenal are growing increasingly confident they can sign Luis Suarez - and will be buoyed by reports in Spain that Real Madrid have no interest in the Liverpool striker.

Liverpool have rejected the Gunners' latest offer of £40m plus one pound and it is understood they will have to return with a bid that matches the British record transfer fee of £50m that Chelsea paid for Fernando Torres in 2011.

Despite Liverpool owner John W Henry mocking Arsenal's offer by asking what they were "smoking", the latest offer was high enough to trigger a clause in Suarez's contract which allows him permission to talk to Arsenal. The player is now expected to hand in a formal transfer request.

Arsenal are prepared to make Suarez, who scored 30 goals in 44 appearances last season, their highest-paid player on a five-year deal worth £150,000-a-week.

They were expected to face strong competition from Real Madrid but the Spaniards don't appear to be interested in him, despite selling Gonzalo Higuain to Napoli in a deal worth £34m.

The Spanish club's mouthpiece, newspaper Marca, claim the club won't sign Suarez "even if he begged".

Instead Real are to continue their pursuit of Tottenham star Gareth Bale, despite being told told he is not for sale.

Wenger is hopeful of luring Suarez to the Emirates this summer, having allowed Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain to join Napoli in order to focus on signing the controversial 26-year-old.

Suarez is thought to prefer a switch abroad to the Bernabeu, but with no firm interest from the Spanish giants Arsenal are set to make a third bid of £42.5million.

and finally...

Crystal Palace boss Ian Holloway is hoping to bring in Arsenal forward Marouane Chamakh on loan to help beef up his Eagles attack according to The Sun.

thank god for that...we should do them a favour and just give him to them....lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:26 am

Top 10 most pointless things in Football.....
Arsenals Transfer budget
Joe kinnear
Sepp blatter
Wayne Rooney's comb
Officials behind the goal
Yellow cards for over celebrating
Gloves on players
90th min substitutions
Trying to save a balotelli pen
Goal music
The first one is quite painful

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:10 am

I think the situation between Liverpool and Suarez will become untenable. He wants to leave, and it is rare that clubs keep ahold of players who want to leave. John Barnes has said he can't stay now. I think over time, they will be forced to sell him to us.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:58 pm

What with Real spending probably all the funds on bale....we are the only outlet for suarez.....guess its kinda nice having all this cash to play with hahahaha
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:20 pm

teams are brining in players....we are starting to look a little light with out goings....come on wenger get busy!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashraf Peeran Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:01 am

Liverpool bid 21 mil for Diego Costa, meant to trigger his release clause. Let's hope they're lining up Suarez's replacement!
Ashraf Peeran
Ashraf Peeran
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:30 am

Poor Liverpool. Negredo and Soldado both scored over 20 league goals last season, but they spend over 20m pounds for a 10 goal player...

It certaintly makes Suarez to us more likely.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:04 am

what a tedious transfer window this has been for us. 3 weeks away from season kick-off and we've still got fuck all to show for all our 70-100mil transfer kitty. This frustration is accentuated even further when you hear Wenger say things like we can challenge for the league without signings. Once again it's gonna be league games that we're gonna be using to bed in new players, assuming we do even sign anyone, and that's gonna cost us dearly. I fear we're in for another torrid season, or start atleast.

Last edited by Jason Morrison on Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:56 am

alot of fans across forums,sky sports,bbc,mirror,sun etc are starting to get really irate about this window....add me to the list...kinda getting a bit pissed off with this now...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:14 pm

What's really irritating is that every May/June we hear Wenger and co saying we can and will sign world class talent, we have the resources, we have self made resources and are proud of that, then come end of July and August we start hearing shit like our players are the best in their positions, the squad we have is more complete than the Invincibles squad, we are trying to find super exceptional consistent quality but we can't find any, then after the window closes you hear shit like we were very close to signing Neymar but we couldn't because it was his aunt's birthday so he asked for more money to buy her a nice present.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:32 pm

Vanig Bostanian wrote:What's really irritating is that every May/June we hear Wenger and co saying we can and will sign world class talent, we have the resources, we have self made resources and are proud of that, then come end of July and August we start hearing shit like our players are the best in their positions, the squad we have is more complete than the Invincibles squad, we are trying to find super exceptional consistent quality but we can't find any, then after the window closes you hear shit like we were very close to signing Neymar but we couldn't because it was his aunt's birthday so he asked for more money to buy her a nice present.

hahahaha...funny as so true...

well its nearly the start of the season and no players of note coming in nor time to bed them into the club...yet again we could lose out...what with other teams splashing out...and even spurs about to have a 85m injection things are not looking good......hearing reports today Real will follow up with a bid for suarez....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:10 pm

Whoever runs that wengerknowsbest account on twitter is a legend.
Wenger Knows Best ‏@wengerknowsbest 22 Jul
Are we any nearer to signing an exceptional player of outstanding quality? I must say, Giroud played well again today.
Wenger Knows Best ‏@wengerknowsbest 18 Jul
Would we worry about Suarez biting our players or staff? No. He would not need to. Our matchday catering has exceptional quality.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:27 pm

Vanig Bostanian wrote:Whoever runs that wengerknowsbest account on twitter is a legend.
Wenger Knows Best ‏@wengerknowsbest 22 Jul
Are we any nearer to signing an exceptional player of outstanding quality? I must say, Giroud played well again today.
Wenger Knows Best ‏@wengerknowsbest 18 Jul
Would we worry about Suarez biting our players or staff? No. He would not need to. Our matchday catering has exceptional quality.

hahahaha..
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:58 pm

haha, wengerknowsbest is the best thing on twitter !
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Mikel Arteta has promised Arsenal WILL deliver big-name signings this summer - but warned they will all be last-minute deals.

Arsene Wenger has left the club's fans nervous and impatient as the pursuit of their No1 target, Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, has turned into a drawn-out transfer saga.

Gunners' boss Wenger, does not appear to have anything else in the immediate pipeline, even though the club boasted of new “financial firepower” at the start of the summer that would allow them to buy, and pay the huge wages of, A-list players.

Ex-Everton midfielder Arteta was part of Arsenal’s “trolley-dash” panic two years ago, when Wenger did his business at the last minute, acquiring the underwhelming likes of Park Chu-Young and Andre Santos in the last two days of the window.

But the Spaniard is more relaxed about this summer's window.

Even though the deals may again happen late - the Gunners have yet to qualify for the Champions League group stage, with the second leg of a play-off to be staged less than week before the window closes - he expects the club to deliver on their promises.

Arteta said: “It will happen. I have no doubts about it. It takes time but I know the boss is working really hard on it, and the board as well. It will happen for sure.

“I am very convinced but the great players normally come at the end of the transfer window. The clubs work hard to keep their best players and I think Arsenal will do well in the transfer window.

“I think we are going to start the season with new faces. That is what we are all hoping for. That will give us a big boost and everyone is very positive.

“We need to close the gap with the teams that are trying to win the titles. We have been too far in the last few seasons. We will start and see how it goes. We won’t be as far this season.”

Arteta claimed during Arsenal’s Asia tour that it was “about time” they made big signings and seemed almost exasperated and fed-up about the lack of activity.

But he has clearly had some reassurances and now seems confident.

There is a growing belief at Arsenal that they can do the Suarez deal, despite Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers insisting the controversial Uruguayan is not for sale.

The saga has turned nasty after Rodgers accused the Gunners of lacking class, while Suarez may resort to legal action and will consider asking for a transfer to get himself out of Anfield.

Suarez and his advisers believe they were given assurances that he could go if any club in the Champions League offered more than £35m and also activated a £40m clause in his contract.

Liverpool insist the clause does not entitle him to a move.

It has left the affair deadlocked - and Arsenal fans nervous - but Arteta has no doubt that his club will challenge for silverware next season.

Besides Suarez, the north Londoners are confident of strengthening in other areas throughout the squad - although their fans will probably only believe it when they see the new signings holding the shirt.

Arteta added: “If the club can target players who will improve the team they are going to be very welcome because that is what we want - a better team, better players to compete and win trophies.

“The club is working on that, it is in their hands and I am sure they are going to do it. We have two weeks to go until the start of the season.”

Arsenal face big-spending Manchester City in Helsinki on Saturday in another friendly.

Arteta believes this past weekend's Emirates Cup and their pre-season training will help them hit the ground running - vital with that Champions League tie coming up.

The 31-year-old added: “We have another good test against City then we start and the schedule will be really tight over the next two or three weeks. We know that we need to start really well from the start.

“We can’t afford to drop points as we have done at the start of the last couple of seasons. We will start by hitting the ground running.

“But I think we can be better this season. We know each other better and the things we are doing right in the games we seem very comfortable and compact.

“In the Emirates Cup, our fitness levels dropped in the last 20 or 25 minutes. But that is normal at this stage.”

well looks as though we could well see signings and it could be a late night on deadline day.....again......sheeesh...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:55 pm

I check in everyday to see if we've signed someone. After all the noises leading up to the transfer window, I would never have thought we'd have not made a major signing by now.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next