Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer transfer window 2013

+34
Sivaram Sukumar
Ravneet Singh
Ashraf Peeran
Marko Maksimović
chris eades
Subrat Koirala
deep.gurung
Mohamed Samir
Aseem Bajpai
Andreas Wæhre
Dan Hakim
kique.canto
Joey Schwab
pwoodman1
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Jenson Pais
Michael Schatzky
Samritpal Singh
Meshaal
Mario
Jonathan Prendergast
Vijay Saibola
Kevin C.A.
cozypilo
ralph avedikian
John Foxall
Hisham El Mawan
Jenks1981
Vanig Bostanian
Chris Chan
jason.mandryk
Jason Morrison
Mike York
Michael Foster
38 posters

Page 10 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next

Go down

Summer transfer window 2013  - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2013

Post by Aseem Bajpai Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Koscielny made a fair point in urging the club to show ambition, journalist got just about enough from him for a catchy headline. This sums it up well, hopefully anyways.

http://news.arseblog.com/2013/06/koscielny-i-feel-good-at-arsenal-but-want-titles/

Aseem Bajpai
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:17 pm

Tomas Rosicky has claimed that this summer Arsenal will buck their trend of losing a top player and failing to find enough reinforcements to challenge for trophies.

The Gunners' were widely criticised for their celebrations at securing fourth place with many suggesting this was a sign of how much less ambition currently exists at the club who were once consistency challenging for the title.

Arsene Wenger has reportedly been given a huge transfer budget for the summer to get the side back up into trophy contention, and Rosicky believes that without any big players leaving the manager can concentrate only on building the Arsenal line-up.

"We are a club that every summer sees one or two players come in, but we still find ourselves needing to replace someone and it is always difficult," he said, according to Metro.

"It looks like no-one will leave [this summer] and in turn we could have reinforcements. We would all benefit from that."

Rosicky himself has been the subject of possible exit rumours, with the midfielder believed to be considering a move back to Sparta Prague. But the 32 year old says that he is still committed to Arsenal and won't be leaving the club to return home yet.

"At the end of the season I spoke with the boss and he said he wants me to stay at Arsenal," he explained.

"Of course you never know what can happen, but I should stay. Will I return to Sparta? No, not yet."

Arsenal are said to be in the market for a striker in the summer with Gonzalo Higuain at the top of Wenger's wish list. But today Real Madrid president Florentino Perez insisted that if the striker were to leave, it would have to be for no less than his exit clause.

Wenger has also admitted to being interested in Wayne Rooney which would certainly be a huge and out-of-character signing for the Frenchman, but could be the missing key to their ability to challenge at the top of the table.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/474478/20130604/arsenal-transfer-news-rosicky-summer-incoming-players.htm
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:00 am

Hisham El Mawan wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2335800/Gonzalo-Higuain-hints-Arsenal-move.html?ico=sport%5Eheadlines

Very encouraging if true. And he's our best shot, really. Rooney's too expensive, and Villa is too old. If not Higuain, then perhaps Benteke or even Michu. But I'd prefer if the world saw Arsenal buying from Real Madrid rather than Aston Villa or Swansea.

I've always rated Higuain, and it's amazing to me that he is only 25. He would be a real class signing - a pure goalscorer.

Pretty please, Arsene, make this happen.
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed Samir Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:28 am

Higuain would be a great signing but I can't see Wenger going for him, you have to remember that we already signed Sanogo.
Mohamed Samir
Mohamed Samir
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:23 am

Mohamed Samir wrote:Higuain would be a great signing but I can't see Wenger going for him, you have to remember that we already signed Sanogo.

Sanogo's not been confirmed yet, and even if we do sign him he'll most likely be on the fringes of 1st team football for a year or 2. We need a new 1st choice striker who can banh them in regularly, a 20 league goald a season man. As far as I'm concerned, Higuain is as good as we're gonna get in that regard and surely Wenger will have recognized we need a proper goalscorer after last season and not just somebody with potential.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:24 am

Mohamed Samir wrote:Higuain would be a great signing but I can't see Wenger going for him, you have to remember that we already signed Sanogo.

I hate to be a negative nancy, but...

"However, Sanogo brings a lengthy injury list that will remind the Arsenal faithful of another French product, the often-maligned Abou Diaby. Sanogo has suffered a double leg break, another injury due to that leg break, and a thigh problem which has limited him to only 24 senior appearances for Auxerre in four seasons."

Not getting my hopes up on this one
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:44 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/04/gonzalo-higuain-confirms-interest-in-joining-arsenal-from-real-madrid-3827713/

Just like the Koscielny article the other day, I will assume that the writer has left out the context that Higuan was asked whether Arsenal would be an acceptable option.

But great news, he's open to the move!
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:03 pm

"There have already been offers and I hope that Madrid do the best for me and themselves." He also added, "Arsenal? They would suit me, I'm still young and I have goals. There are many possibilities. I want to go to a league where I'll be put to the test."

Change that to:

Q - Any update on your move from Real Madrid?

A - "There have already been offers and I hope that Madrid do the best for me and themselves."

Q - How about Arsenal? Would you join them?

A - "Arsenal? They would suit me."

Q - Any other clubs?

A - I'm still young and I have goals. There are many possibilities. I want to go to a league where I'll be put to the test."

Still good. But not certain that Arsenal are front runners.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Arsenal ‘agree deal’ to sign goal-machine!
There has been some reports on the Metro website which have claimed Arsenal have agreed a deal with Partizan Belgrade for youngster Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Mitrovic, a player described by local journalists as ‘the new Nicklas Bendtner’ – a comment that will do little to curry favour with the Emirates faithful.

Mitrovic is a 6ft 3in striker who bagged an impressive 23 goals in 36 appearances for Belgrade last season, helping them to win the Serbian Superleague. (The Metro)

The Gunners fans will not be happy if Mitrovic does arrive, as many want to see big name and established stars sign rather than youngsters who have a good few years of developing to do before they can force their way into the team on a regular basis.

http://miusoccer.com/arsenal-agree-deal-to-sign-goal-machine/17266
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Mike York wrote:Arsenal ‘agree deal’ to sign goal-machine!
There has been some reports on the Metro website which have claimed Arsenal have agreed a deal with Partizan Belgrade for youngster Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Mitrovic, a player described by local journalists as ‘the new Nicklas Bendtner’ – a comment that will do little to curry favour with the Emirates faithful.

Mitrovic is a 6ft 3in striker who bagged an impressive 23 goals in 36 appearances for Belgrade last season, helping them to win the Serbian Superleague. (The Metro)

The Gunners fans will not be happy if Mitrovic does arrive, as many want to see big name and established stars sign rather than youngsters who have a good few years of developing to do before they can force their way into the team on a regular basis.

http://miusoccer.com/arsenal-agree-deal-to-sign-goal-machine/17266

Haha that's funny cause I saw a youtube clip of him and the first thing I thought was he has the exact same style of play as Bendtner, with slightly better footwork. I'd welcome him but by no means should he be our main striker target for this summer, that'd just be insane.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:48 pm

New Bendtner? Oh no!

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenson Pais Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:32 am

Linked to Maroune Fellaini now !!

"
Arsenal have moved ahead of Chelsea and Manchester United in the battle to sign Marouane Fellaini from Everton and the Belgium midfielder is giving serious consideration to moving to the Emirates Stadium.

"

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3784741.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2013_06_06
Jenson Pais
Jenson Pais
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:22 am

Signing Sangolo and Mitrovic would be very strange. It would suggest that Wenger isn't interested anymore in Joel Campbell and Afobe.

While I think Wenger has done an amazing job over his whole tenure, he certainly has had more misses than hits in the past few years when you consider players like Vela, Bendtner, Chamahk, Coquelin, Frimpong, Denlison and Djourou. He clearly thought they would come on and become first team players. Normally, in the past, players he puts faith in do improve and become first team players (eg. Cesc, RVP, Henry, Gibbs, Koscielny).

(I'll write off Santos and Squillaci as rush buys at the end of the transfer window)
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:22 am

Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:53 pm

Fellaini is a monster and a man I wished we could sign for the past couple of years. Definitely a step in the right direction if this is true.

Would you rather have him over the likes of Wanyama / Capoue / Kondogbia / Bender / Gonalons?

Not the most disciplined player around though - in terms of cards and positioning at time. On the plus side, he's great in the air and can play DM and behind the striker.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Meshaal wrote:Fellaini is a monster and a man I wished we could sign for the past couple of years. Definitely a step in the right direction if this is true.

Would you rather have him over the likes of Wanyama / Capoue / Kondogbia / Bender / Gonalons?

Not the most disciplined player around though - in terms of cards and positioning at time. On the plus side, he's great in the air and can play DM and behind the striker.

It's one of those rumours that's too good to be true... right? I'd take him over any of those players though simply for his PL experience. We never seem to sign players from within the league.

Having him, Mertesacker and Giroud defending corners should be a guarantee that we never concede a headed goal ever again. Razz
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:28 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:
Meshaal wrote:Fellaini is a monster and a man I wished we could sign for the past couple of years. Definitely a step in the right direction if this is true.

It's one of those rumours that's too good to be true... right? I'd take him over any of those players though simply for his PL experience. We never seem to sign players from within the league.

Having him, Mertesacker and Giroud defending corners should be a guarantee that we never concede a headed goal ever again. Razz

Would definitely be scoring a few more as well. Too good to be true Sad

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:14 am

Oh man....I would take him over almost everyone we have been 'linked' to....the guy is a fucking monster...deserves far more credit than he gets....drooling at the thought....

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:11 pm

This is some of the shit Wenger and the club have to go through during the silly season. 2 seasons ago, Miralem Panjic had agreed to come to Arsenal...

"There were multiple offers come in and I was on my way to Arsenal. I had agreed to all the conditions set for me. But my father had already given his word Roma, so I finally went here. "

Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:35 pm

I know I'm dreaming but where do you think we'd finish if we sign some of the players we're being linked to?
Rooney/Higuain
Fellaini
Fabregas

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:25 pm

If we were to sign Higuain/Rooney, Fellaini, and Fabregas, we would finish next season with silverware. As it stands, I don't think we'll sign Fellaini AND Fabregas. I'm quite optimistic about getting either Rooney or Higuain, and then I think Fellaini is the most realistic choice for a midfield addition.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:11 pm

It also depends what the other clubs above us do this summer.

Regardless of who they sign, Manchester United won't be quite as strong with Moyes in charge. Linked with : Bale, Fabregas, Strootman, Baines and other.

Manchester City have got a very good manager in place and have a very strong squad.

Chelsea has brought back Mourinho and are being heavily linked with players such as Cavani and Hulk. I hope it goes horribly wrong for them.

Sp*rs are shit.

For us, Higuain would be a great first signing (if the rumors are to be believed). But even if we buy Higuain, Fellaini and a couple of other players, will our squad be stronger than the three clubs above us (given that they are also strengthening)?.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:02 am

I think to be honest our silverware drought will end anyhow.....we looked good towards the end of the season.....and now I feel we have players in...cazorla,podolski,giroud, who will add to the fight at the start of the season....adding will no doubt strengthen certain aspects of our game and I fully expect us to add a good 3 players....of all who we have been linked to I think the higuain transfer to be the most successful..more likely to join and very much more likely to prove his worth...unless cesc rejoins and we know what we would get with him....

My list would be higuain,cesc,Cesar, and maybe fellaini......

I know what we would get with Rooney....but I just don't see it happening....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:51 am

I legitimately think we will have a stronger squad than United if what we're hearing about Fellaini, Higuain, and Cesar go through.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:55 am

Hisham El Mawan wrote:I legitimately think we will have a stronger squad than United if what we're hearing about Fellaini, Higuain, and Cesar go through.

Even if they sign Fabregas, Strootman or Bale? They might end up losing Rooney.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next