Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ancellotti was Hanging on for the Arsenal or Tottenham Job this Summer

+9
ShravanVBhat
ChippyBrady
Mike York
Jonathan Prendergast
Joey Schwab
fkamil
Sami Rockfeller
luke_kennedy
Christopher Flanagan
13 posters

Go down

Ancellotti was Hanging on for the Arsenal or Tottenham Job this Summer Empty Ancellotti was Hanging on for the Arsenal or Tottenham Job this Summer

Post by Christopher Flanagan Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:57 am

I'm sure you've all read this. Discuss.

Did Arsenal contact him about it? Interesting.
Christopher Flanagan
Christopher Flanagan
Admin

https://arsenal.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Ancellotti was Hanging on for the Arsenal or Tottenham Job this Summer Empty Re: Ancellotti was Hanging on for the Arsenal or Tottenham Job this Summer

Post by luke_kennedy Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:08 am

"Before PSG's call I thought of a year-long sabbatical, hoping that in the summer a job like Tottenham or Arsenal - a top London bench - would become available, but I was tired of not working," Ancelotti told Gazzetta dello Sport.

think he could see with Redknapp touted to England and anyone wondering what would happen to Wenger after that 8-2 game that a big job could arise.
Turn of events mean it never

luke_kennedy
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Ancellotti was Hanging on for the Arsenal or Tottenham Job this Summer Empty Re: Ancellotti was Hanging on for the Arsenal or Tottenham Job this Summer

Post by Sami Rockfeller Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:32 am

Would Ancelotti really be an improvement over Wenger? Me thinks he would do a decent job but in the end we'd still be a club fighting for the 4th spot and hoping for a decent cup run. Who we really need at the moment is Pep Guardiola.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Flanagan Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:57 am

How can we really know of anyone would be an improvement over Wenger? We can't.
Christopher Flanagan
Christopher Flanagan
Admin

https://arsenal.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:32 am

We can't really but it gives me relief to think that one day one man will be hired and he'll make us overnight champions of the world.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by fkamil Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:48 am

wouldn't a new coach have demanded money to be spent on bringing new quality players?

If he or any other manager joins us, i`m sure this would have been one of the first demands of the new coach
fkamil
fkamil
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:10 am

We could do worse. Although, we could do better, too. Ie: Arsene Wenger.
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:40 am

Christopher Flanagan wrote:How can we really know of anyone would be an improvement over Wenger? We can't.

Clubs will never know how a new coach will go. They can only make decisions based on the best information available to them.

Changing from Wenger to Ancelotti would be change for change's sake. They are not too dissimilar. I know there are many out there that think we need a change, so maybe that is enough reason.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:03 pm

A fresh approach seems quite beneficial to a lot of fans who want a change but Wenger knows the club inside out, knows the players etc I know who I'd prefer.

Also, whilst we're on on the topic of Ancelotti, interesting bit from a recent interview...

Ancelotti said: ‘There is a lot of choice for this January market. Do you want the names? OK, now I tell you the players the agents are offering on the market, officially or not: Carlos Tevez, Fernando Torres, Dimitar Berbatov, Roman Pavlyuchenko, Edinson Cavani, Fernando Llorente.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2087752/Fernando-Torres-offered-PSG--want-Carlos-Tevez.html
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 pm

I would be happy with any of those except Roman Pav and Berbatov.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by luke_kennedy Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:52 am

luke_kennedy
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:19 am

Give me the gist of what they are saying there Luke.
I refuse to be part of the internet traffic that visit the wretched bile regurgitated from that cesspit.
ChippyBrady
ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by luke_kennedy Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:34 am

Frank De Boer - Dennis Bergkamp
The pair have built an impressive coaching team at Ajax including Jaap Stam and Edgar Davids. Gunners legend Bergkamp would be a popular choice with the fans and if he brought his team of Dutch superstars along, it could be more orange than red at the Emirates

Laurent Blanc
After successfully guiding Bordeaux to the 2008/09 Ligue 1 title, Blanc took up the reigns for the French national team. With a 60 per cent win rate at Bordeaux and a resurgence of form for Les Bleus, Blanc could be the next Frenchman in line to guide the Gunners

Steve Bould

A club legend and part of the double-winning squad of 1998, Arsenal's youth team coach has been hailed for his work with academy students, leading the likes of Jack Wilshere to FA Youth Cup glory in 2009. Ex-team mate Patrick Vieira recently cited Bould as Wenger's replacement, saying: "If I had to say a name then it would be him because he deserves it"

Unai Emery

Losing the likes of David Silva, David Villa and Juan Mata hasn't stopped Valencia coach Emery from making an impact. A shrewd operator, the Spaniard is similar to Wenger in his transfer policies, picking up class like Sergio Canales, Adil Rami and Victor Ruiz for a pittance. The team finished third in La Liga last year and are in the same position now

Remi Garde

The former Arsenal defender took over as Lyon manager last summer, having served his apprenticeship as youth team boss. The French side are currently fourth in Ligue 1 and dramatically made it through to the last 16 of the Champions League, where they have a great chance of beating Cypriot side APOEL FC to reach the quarter-finals.

Pep Guardiola

A dream appointment would surely be the current Barca boss and purveyor of beautiful football, Pep Guardiola. Despite his brilliance, Guardiola only signs year-long contract extensions with the Champions League winners and some have questioned whether the 41-year-old will seek a new challenge elsewhere. Indeed, Guardiola himself has said that he cannot see himself staying in his current role in the long-term

Jurgen Klopp

The Borussia Dortmund manager defied the riches of Bayern by guiding his team to the Bundesliga title in 2011, with an exciting, youthful team. Klopp had to deal with the departure of star player Nuri Sahin to Real Madrid, but has kept them just three points behind Bayern in the title race at the time of writing

Walter Mazzari

Over the past two years Mazzari has taken Napoli - including some of the finest talent in Europe, such as Hamsik, Cavani and Lavezzi - to a second-place finish in Serie A and a last 16 place in the Champions League, knocking out Man City in the process

Brenden Rodgers

After their emphatic win over the Gunners last weekend, the Swansea manager was labeled the next potential Arsenal gaffer. The Welsh club have been admired for their attacking passing football and they brilliantly outplayed Arsenal at their own game

Dragan Stojkovic

A brilliant player in his day, Stojkovic - currently managing one of Le Prof's old teams, Japanese side Nagoya Grampus - is Wenger's personal choice as next Gunners gaffer: "I would love Stojkovic to be my successor," said Wenger. "There are a hundred reasons for that, our ideas are the same and we both strive for perfect football. I knew he was going to have teams playing attacking football with many passes."

luke_kennedy
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ShravanVBhat Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:40 am

The only improvement on Wenger is Alex Ferguson.
ShravanVBhat
ShravanVBhat
Trainee

http://www.shravanblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:40 pm

I would love to get Guardiola.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:33 pm

ShravanVBhat wrote:The only improvement on Wenger is Alex Ferguson.

Big statement.

Guus Hiddink?
Mourinho?
Tony Pulis?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:

Big statement.

Guus Hiddink?
Mourinho?
Tony Pulis?

Ha haa, I hope you're not serious about pulis... in any case, only really good manager possibly available would be hiddink. Mourinho wants to prove homself at madrid, Guardiola demands ultra high wages and Pulis is just too good for us. If we were to get a new manager and it ends up not having been Wenger who was the stingy onr but the board instead, do we really believe anyone else could or would want to work with a minor budget?
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:22 am

Guardiola would be awesome.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:35 am

^His contract runs out end of next season and he said he wants a new challenge because he doesn't like repitition in his life or something like that, basically cause he's done ut all with Barca.

Think we're on with a shout?
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by jason.mandryk Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:37 am

I could see Guardiola going to United or Chelsea or Man City or Spurs as well. Paying a manager super high wages is well worth the investment in the case of a manager of his quality. I can't imagine him going anywhere else in Spain, his English is very good (presumably better than his Italian).

It's too good to hope for, but you can't help wish for it....
jason.mandryk
jason.mandryk
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:43 am

Guardiola has said previously in interviews he is a fan of the English league so I can definately see him coming here, but not sure who for. If he wants a project then Arsenal would be perfect for him. If he wants the cash then Chelsea or City. United would offer a huge club but taking over from Ferguson would add a lot of pressure.

From that list I'd be happy with any of Guardiola, Klopp and Blanc. I think Steve Bould is my favourite option though (bar keeping Wenger ofcourse), with Bergkamp on board maybe as a coach or assistant. Having a manager who doesn't fly could be tricky.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by jason.mandryk Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:07 am

More pressure than taking over Barcelona?
jason.mandryk
jason.mandryk
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:15 am

True, he is obviously used to some pressure. But he knew Barcelona very well when he took the job over and to boot he had Messi, Iniesta, Pique, Xavi etc to make his job much easier. He doesn't know Manchester United very well, nor the league, their squad is average compared to Barce's and he would be taking over from a manager who has ruled that place for decades.

I think Mourinho wants United.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:33 am

I was thinking the same the thing while I started reading this thread.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:36 am

Not that I think we should change manager of course. And I have taken into consideration that whilst Wenger was/is on a shoestring budget, Fergie has had the luxury of having a 30m player on the bench.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down