Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

arsenal vs tottenham, white heart lane, bst 14:00

4 posters

Go down

arsenal vs tottenham, white heart lane, bst 14:00  Empty arsenal vs tottenham, white heart lane, bst 14:00

Post by deep.gurung Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:40 pm

we visit white heart lane today with a boxfull of injuries. most of our midfield is missing but we go on back of an undefeated result from allianz arena and not many teams can say that. with chelsea loosing yesterday and mourinho going bonkers a win would close the gap between us and leaders. a win is always nice but today, it would really sweeten the deal.

i expect the same team line up that started the second half the last game. the bench is going to be pretty threadbare with untested players but we have been there before. no reason for mass panic.

looking foward to see kallstrom debut and for the first time a utd win. hahaha

3-1 to arsenal.
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

arsenal vs tottenham, white heart lane, bst 14:00  Empty Re: arsenal vs tottenham, white heart lane, bst 14:00

Post by cozypilo Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:44 pm

Hope Gnabry plays.Those fuckers won't know
how to deal with him.
cozypilo
cozypilo
Reserves

Back to top Go down

arsenal vs tottenham, white heart lane, bst 14:00  Empty Re: arsenal vs tottenham, white heart lane, bst 14:00

Post by Michael Foster Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:59 am

i think we could see a 1-1 draw here.....i hope not...i want us to smash them a new one!!!

hopefully 3-1
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:02 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....OHHHHHH FUCK OFF SPURS PMSL!!!!

WHAT A HIT THOMAS!!!!!!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by cozypilo Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:02 am

In your fucking face!!!
cozypilo
cozypilo
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:08 am

cozypilo wrote:In your fucking face!!!

hahaha indeed my friend...indeed!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:09 am

Pat Nevin, BBC Radio 5 live at White Hart Lane

You'd go a long way to see a better-hit ball than that - in this or any season. He has caught it perfectly on the half-volley. What a goal. It was absolutely ridiculously good.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:15 am

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!! THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN TWO!!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:16 am

COME ON ARSENAL SHRED THESE FUCKERS!!!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by cozypilo Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:18 am

Damnit Walcott would have enjoyed this high line
they are playing.
cozypilo
cozypilo
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:57 am

cozypilo wrote:Damnit Walcott would have enjoyed this high line
they are playing.

and we would have been about 3 goals up....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:09 am

wake up at the back...please!!!! dont let them back in!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:10 am

god we need this win.....so so so so important!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by cozypilo Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:04 am

Michael Foster wrote:god we need this win.....so so so so important!!!

No Ozil,Wilshere,Ramsey,Walcott and
we did it!
(No Diaby & Bendtner too)
Kos & BFG were fuckn awesome.
Forever in our shadowssssssss
cozypilo
cozypilo
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:14 am

i just hope now some luck comes our way with other results and players returning from injury.....

a sneaky double is there....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:58 am

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger paid tribute to the 'special spirit' of his side as they climbed back into Premier League title contention with a 1-0 win over Tottenham.

The Gunners claimed victory in the north London derby thanks to Tomas Rosicky's rocket after just 72 seconds, with the home side going on to dominate possession without finding a leveller.

Arsenal's trip to Spurs was the latest in a line of testing fixtures which saw them overcome Everton in the FA Cup quarter-finals before exiting the UEFA Champions League against Bayern Munich.

Chelsea continue to lead the Premier League table despite their defeat at Aston Villa on Saturday, but Liverpool and Arsenal are now just four points back with a game in hand, while Man City are a further two points adrift with two additional games to play on the duo in second and third.

"It makes the next game very interesting. The win for Liverpool at Man Utd, and the fact that Man City won yesterday, it makes it very interesting."
Wenger, who will take in his 1,000th game as Arsenal boss against Chelsea next weekend, told Sky Sports: "To go to Bayern, to come here, to beat Everton in the cup, it demands a lot of focus and a special spirit and that is what we have shown again today.

"It makes the next game very interesting. The win for Liverpool at Man Utd, and the fact that Man City won yesterday, it makes it very interesting.

"From time to time, it's important to know you cannot always be super-dominant in a season. And to win games when you're not is important."

Wenger admitted his side were not at their usual fluent best at White Hart Lane, but pointed to the impressive defensive display produced by his side to keep a clean sheet against their fierce rivals.

He added: "We absorbed a lot of pressure from Tottenham today.

"We scored an early goal, so we were protecting our lead and we didn't take advantage enough of our counter-attacks, especially in the first half.

"As long as you don't score the second goal you are under pressure. Tottenham played well, they had a very good game, and defensively we needed to be special.

"If you look at the clear-cut chances, we had better chances. They had a lot of possession today, a lot of domination. I agree we didn't have our usual possession, and that's down to their effort and commitment.

"But, as well, you have to give credit to our defensive quality."

Arsenal's Tomas Rosicky believes the Premier League title race will ultimately be decided on the final day of the season.

An early strike from the Czech Republic international helped the Gunners to a 1-0 win over arch rivals Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday, their first away victory in the league since January.

The win sees Arsene Wenger's side climb into third place in the league, four points off leaders Chelsea with a game in hand, and Rosicky reckons there is no clear favourite for the trophy.

"I think it's a great race for the fans as well as the players," Rosicky told Sky Sports.

"I think it will be until the last game of the season.

"This is a very tough league, every game is very important and there are plenty of games still to go".

After exchanging passes with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, the 33-year-old fired in a superb 20-yard strike just 72 seconds into the game and he admitted that it was one to savour.

""It's one of the best, against Tottenham as well," he said.

"I'm delighted by a goal like that and most importantly we won the game.

"It's a great result for us. These derby games are always very tough. It means a lot for us, obviously for our fans as well. We are delighted."

Laurent Koscielny claimed the man-of-the-match award following a commanding performance at centre-back, and the Frenchman praised the work-rate of his team-mates during the win at White Hart Lane.

"All the players who were on the pitch tried to give themselves for the team and to win because it's a derby and it's for winning," he said.

"We communicate well on the pitch - it's very important for a centre-back.

"When we work very hard on the pitch we can win so we need to keep this for the end of the season."
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:08 pm

"Koscielny or Rosicky for Man of the Match?

Koz:
Completed 96% of his passes, made 15 clearances, was 3/3 in tackles (including a last man tackle), had 2 interceptions, blocked 2 shots (including the game saving block), completed 1 dribble, created a shot for a teammate and won 3/6 aerial duels.

Rosicky:
Completed 90% of his passes (Arsenal only averaged 75% today), led Arsenal with 10/11 passes in the Tottenham final third (nearly 25% of Arsenal’s total passes there), created 2 shots for teammates, had 3 interceptions, had a block, was dispossessed twice but had 0 turnovers, and scored the winning goal.

Mertesacker maybe?
Led all players with 20 clearances, 17 of them were headed, lead all players and won 7/8 aerial duels — mostly against Haterbayor, and led all players with 3 blocks."

Those are some huuuge stats from those 3

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:52 pm

"In many sectors of the media, yesterday’s performance will be branded as “hanging on” or “backs to the wall”. In all honesty; I can’t say I was especially comfortable throughout, nor was I particularly nervous. I resided in a state of football purgatory where my emotions cancelled each other out, leaving a stark, listless stare on my face as I awaited the jubilation of a confirmed result. When that moment arrived, glorious elation swept over me. There is little that feels as good as beating Tottenham." – The Armchair Gooner.
As good as it gets when it comes to describing yesterday's win.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:17 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote:"In many sectors of the media, yesterday’s performance will be branded as “hanging on” or “backs to the wall”. In all honesty; I can’t say I was especially comfortable throughout, nor was I particularly nervous. I resided in a state of football purgatory where my emotions cancelled each other out, leaving a stark, listless stare on my face as I awaited the jubilation of a confirmed result. When that moment arrived, glorious elation swept over me. There is little that feels as good as beating Tottenham." – The Armchair Gooner.
As good as it gets when it comes to describing yesterday's win.

i like how the anti arsenal media say this was a 'lucky win' 'spurs should have got the draw' what gets at me is previous seasons we would have folded and prob lost this 2-1 3-1 or maybe scraped a draw...the stats are there for us this season and away stats speak for themselves...and yet as usual we get slated....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down