Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer transfer window 2013

+34
Sivaram Sukumar
Ravneet Singh
Ashraf Peeran
Marko Maksimović
chris eades
Subrat Koirala
deep.gurung
Mohamed Samir
Aseem Bajpai
Andreas Wæhre
Dan Hakim
kique.canto
Joey Schwab
pwoodman1
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Jenson Pais
Michael Schatzky
Samritpal Singh
Meshaal
Mario
Jonathan Prendergast
Vijay Saibola
Kevin C.A.
cozypilo
ralph avedikian
John Foxall
Hisham El Mawan
Jenks1981
Vanig Bostanian
Chris Chan
jason.mandryk
Jason Morrison
Mike York
Michael Foster
38 posters

Page 6 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Go down

Summer transfer window 2013  - Page 6 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2013

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue May 14, 2013 6:50 pm

I'd bite your hands and everything off if you offered me Rooney. Man I hate that cunt, but I would love to have him at Arsenal. I'd take Rooney over Higuain, Benzema, or anyone to be honest, even Lewandowski. 27, lots and lots of Premiership experience, a truly quality player, a natural born winner, and a cunt. What else do you want in a player? As for Fabregas, I don't think he's the type of player who would join Manchester United. Of course I never thought van Persie was that type either but still, I don't see Cesc coming back to the Premier League and not playing for us.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue May 14, 2013 8:06 pm

Vanig Bostanian wrote:I'd bite your hands and everything off if you offered me Rooney. Man I hate that cunt, but I would love to have him at Arsenal. I'd take Rooney over Higuain, Benzema, or anyone to be honest, even Lewandowski. 27, lots and lots of Premiership experience, a truly quality player, a natural born winner, and a cunt. What else do you want in a player? As for Fabregas, I don't think he's the type of player who would join Manchester United. Of course I never thought van Persie was that type either but still, I don't see Cesc coming back to the Premier League and not playing for us.

what??....you mean to say van persie is a cunt?....... Shocked well i never lol...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Wed May 15, 2013 3:13 am

Fabregas anywhere but Arsenal or Barca would hurt me, it only softened the blow originally as it was his boyhood club.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed May 15, 2013 11:41 am

Jenks1981 wrote:Fabregas anywhere but Arsenal or Barca would hurt me, it only softened the blow originally as it was his boyhood club.

indeed....him at united would tip me too far...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed May 15, 2013 11:45 am

Gonzo the great: Arsenal told Gonzalo Higuain's all theirs if they give Real Madrid £22m
14 May 2013 22:30
Argentina striker is surplus to Bernabeu requirements and is an option if Gunners lose No.1 target Jovetic to Juventus

Arsenal have been quoted a price of £22million for Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain.

Real have circulated word of the Argentina international's availability for transfer among all of Europe's top clubs.

That has alerted the Gunners, and it is understood that boss Arsene Wenger has made enquiries about the 25-year-old.

Arsenal's valuation of the player is around £18m, but Real are pushing for a bit more.

Wenger is desperate to strengthen his strike-force this summer and there have already been talks with Fiorentina's Stevan Jovetic, but the Gunners face competition from Italian champions Juventus for his signature.

Higuain, who currently earns £120,000-a-week at the Bernabeu, has been prolific for club and country, but has fallen out of favour at Real and they are ready to sell.

It would be a huge coup if Arsenal could land a player Manchester City tried and failed to sign last summer.

French-born Higuain's representatives are open to a move to the Premier League, but Arsenal know that they must qualify in the Champions League to stand a chance of doing a deal.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed May 15, 2013 11:46 am

Arsenal continue to be linked with players to strengthen their attacking options with an outlandish move for unsettled Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney even being mooted by some.

Reuters
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger looks set to have a busy summer ahead.

It is widely believed that Fiorentina’s Stevan Jovetic remains the club’s leading target, but, with strong competition for his signature set to come from Juventus and the possibility that the Montenegrin could stay put if the Viola qualify for the Champions League, other options appear to be being explored.

Surely the most unlikely of those alternatives put forward is England international Rooney. Outgoing Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that the 27-year-old has asked to leave the club after playing a less prominent role in the side toward the climax of the season.

Although that request was rejected, Ferguson has admitted that the matter is now out of his hands. Paris Saint-Germain has been suggested as Rooney’s likeliest destination should he leave Old Trafford, with Chelsea and Bayern Munich also linked.

But when asked about the idea of Arsenal signing the player, Wenger did not rule out the possibility.

"Look, I'm not in a position today to speak about any transfer targets,” he said, according to the Daily Mirror. “What I am focused on is the short term and after the Newcastle game I give you answer about these questions." The chances of a move happening, however, appear at best incredibly remote. Not only will the signing involve Arsenal smashing their transfer record, but Rooney is thought to be on close to £300,000 a week at Old Trafford. To even come anywhere near to matching that figure, Arsenal would have to obliterate their strict wage structure. In addition, there is also the factor of United’s doubtless reluctance to sell Rooney to one of their Premier League rivals.

The other forward being linked with the Gunners on Tuesday is Real Madrid’s Gonzalo Higuain. The Daily Mail reports that Arsenal are continuing to monitor the Argentina international, whom it is claimed Wenger first tried to sign when the 25-year-old was still at River plate before his move to the Bernabeu in January 2007.

Despite his continued impressive strike rate, Higuain has not been an automatic first-choice this season and there is likely to be much upheaval at Madrid this summer with the expected departure of manager Jose Mourinho. It is thought the striker could be available for around £20 million.

There has also been further news about what is believed to be another of Arsenal’s objectives this summer -- signing a top class goalkeeper.

The Gunners have been repeatedly linked with a move for Barcelona’s Victor Valdes, who has revealed that he will not be extending his contract beyond its current expiry in 2014.

Spanish radio station Cadena Ser has claimed that the 31-year-old has now made the decision that he wants to move on this summer. Barcelona sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta has also suggested that Valdes could be set to leave earlier than originally envisaged.

“Valdes is a magnificent keeper, a player who is priceless to us," he told RAC1. "If he wants to leave [this summer], we'll sit down with him and we'll look for the best solution."

There was also further confirmation from Zubizarreta that Valdes would be moving abroad. He has been strongly linked with a transfer to the Premier League, although French outfit Moncao are also thought to be interested.

"When we made the contract offer, we were told that he didn't want to renew his deal out of a desire to compete, to go somewhere new and try a different style of football,” he explained. "Being goalkeeper at Barca takes a lot out of you, and I think his decision is more a life choice than a professional one."

In addition, Arsenal are one of the clubs -- along with Manchester United and Chelsea -- said to be interested in Stoke City goalkeeper Asmir Begovic. With Stoke having signed young England goalkeeper Jack Butland in January there has been much speculation that the 25-year-old Bosnian will be leaving in the summer.

And Begovic has said that he has ambitions to play at a higher level.

“We haven’t spoken at all yet, but I think we will sit down this week and formulate plans from there,” he said, according to the Daily Mail.

“All the speculation is flattering and nice, but as long as Stoke want me, I am contracted here. I am happy here and desperate to help the club push forward, as long as they are moving in the right direction.

“I have ambition to play at the highest level and test myself at that standard, if the opportunity arises.”
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed May 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Well, here's the list of players so far mentioned in this thread. There is no shortage of targets and potential signings out there!

GK
Begovic
Cassillas
Cesar
Adler

Defenders
Hummels
Hangeland
Williams
Fazio

Midfielders
Fabregas
Capoue
Rode
Gonalons
Reus
Stocker
Panjic
Eriksen
Schneiderlin
Kondogbia
Draxler
Alonso

Forwards
Higuain
Villa
Benteke
Lewandowski
Rooney
Cavani
Jovetic
Emerick
Suarez
Dzeko
Remy
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed May 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Cabaye says he wants to stay in England but doesn't fully commit to Newcastle.
Bayern rule out Rooney bid.
Dortmund possibly keen on Benteke.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu May 16, 2013 7:28 pm

Sagna leaving is starting to do the rounds...again...psg reporting interest as is sagna...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Fri May 17, 2013 12:30 am

Michael Foster wrote:Sagna leaving is starting to do the rounds...again...psg reporting interest as is sagna...

I don't think anyone should be suprised if he does leave, he hinted at the beginning of the campaign, I just hope Jenkinson is good enough to step up, does anyone know how comfortable Monreal is on the right out of interest?

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri May 17, 2013 12:34 am

Jenks1981 wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:Sagna leaving is starting to do the rounds...again...psg reporting interest as is sagna...

I don't think anyone should be suprised if he does leave, he hinted at the beginning of the campaign, I just hope Jenkinson is good enough to step up, does anyone know how comfortable Monreal is on the right out of interest?

i think it was as comfortable as they made it a plus for the signing lol.....

it wont shock me one bit i think we could have a better replacement in jenkinson....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Fri May 17, 2013 12:39 am

Michael Foster wrote:
Jenks1981 wrote:

it wont shock me one bit i think we could have a better replacement in jenkinson....

Lets face it if he was better he would be playing ahead of Sagna so its definately a step down initially, I do think he has promise though and like his attitude and style of play.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri May 17, 2013 4:03 am

Jenks1981 wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:
Jenks1981 wrote:

Lets face it if he was better he would be playing ahead of Sagna so its definately a step down initially, I do think he has promise though and like his attitude and style of play.

I ment it as he could be as good as sagna.....has all the boxes ticked of sagna's game plus he fights hard never really seams to moan...and being a gooner at heart gives him that little bit extra......
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri May 17, 2013 9:30 am

Jenks1981 wrote:

I think Sagna has been chosen ahead of Jenkinson in the past couple of months for 2 reason:
- seniority. it's tough to drop a more senior player and to explain what that means.
- experience. in such a tough run in, with pressure of trying to make the Top 4, Wenger has selected experience. Also, if Jenkinson did stuff up and cost us points and a Top 4 position, it would be a big blow to a young player.

If it was just based on performances and form this season, I think Jenkinson would be selected ahead of Sagna at the moment.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Fri May 17, 2013 3:37 pm

Michael Foster wrote:
Jenks1981 wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:
Jenks1981 wrote:

I ment it as he could be as good as sagna.....has all the boxes ticked of sagna's game plus he fights hard never really seams to moan...and being a gooner at heart gives him that little bit extra......
Sagna never moaned and gave his all as far as I could remember. I would wish him good luck if he goes this summer, unless of course he goes to one of our rivals in England.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri May 17, 2013 6:09 pm

He has been a good servant to the club. It would be great for him to stick around, but on current form he wouldn't necessarily be first choice next season. He has made some terrible errors and cost us a few goals.

From his perspective, maybe a new club would freshen him up and he would regain his form.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri May 17, 2013 8:29 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:If it was just based on performances and form this season, I think Jenkinson would be selected ahead of Sagna at the moment.

Agree with that. Due to the situation we're in Sagna is the best player to use as he has the experience and has been here before. But Sagna more than anyone this season has made mistakes which had me thinking that his head isn't fully at Arsenal anymore. He knows he is leaving and whilst the majority of time he has been good, he has masde more mistakes than usual and he isn't the beast he was a couple seasons back. When Jenkinson played a lot early on in the season he was very good, our best player in some games, so on form I think Jenkinson would be in the side.

Whilst I like Jenkinson and have full confidence in him, if Sagna goes we'll still need to buy a replacement RB for the squad and to compete with Jenkinson the same way Gibbs/Monreal compete for the LB spot.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Fri May 17, 2013 10:38 pm

Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri May 17, 2013 11:15 pm

Sky sports have just reported that the deal with sanogo is almost done....

Wenger has said that they are not sure if united will sell Rooney....

So what do I make of it....

Well we seam to be signing one of France's best prospects and in words to the affect could be about to spend some serious money and buy quality also.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat May 18, 2013 2:39 am

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed that the Premier League club are in 'advanced' talks over Auxerre starlet Yaya Sanogo.

The highly-rated striker, 20, has scored nine goals in just 11 league appearances for the Ligue 2 outfit.

He current deal expires this summer and reports in France have claimed that he has shunned offers from a host of clubs in his homeland by agreeing a four-year deal with the Gunners.

However, Wenger has insisted a deal is not yet concluded for the France Under-21 international, but admitted it was close.

"It is in the advanced stages but it is not done," he said, when asked about Sanogo.

If, as expected, Arsenal conclude a deal then they would be due to pay Auxerre compensation as Sanogo is under 23.

There are a few 'stories' knocking about regarding Rooney but nothing more than bollocks at the mo...just the main point recycled over and over....

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sun May 19, 2013 6:41 pm

Would be exciting to get a new striker. He looks talented, and we don't really have a young striker coming through apart from Joel Campbell.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun May 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:Would be exciting to get a new striker. He looks talented, and we don't really have a young striker coming through apart from Joel Campbell.
Aneke and Akpom?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon May 20, 2013 12:00 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote:
Jonathan Prendergast wrote:Would be exciting to get a new striker. He looks talented, and we don't really have a young striker coming through apart from Joel Campbell.
Aneke and Akpom?

Neither seem to be coming through just yet. I don't know much about them. A result from going out of the League Cup so early. I see Aneke is 19. Any chance he will get a run with the first team soon?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon May 20, 2013 6:24 am

right now that the small matter of the season is over.....

time to open that book wenger....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon May 20, 2013 9:29 am

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down