Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer transfer window 2013

+34
Sivaram Sukumar
Ravneet Singh
Ashraf Peeran
Marko Maksimović
chris eades
Subrat Koirala
deep.gurung
Mohamed Samir
Aseem Bajpai
Andreas Wæhre
Dan Hakim
kique.canto
Joey Schwab
pwoodman1
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Jenson Pais
Michael Schatzky
Samritpal Singh
Meshaal
Mario
Jonathan Prendergast
Vijay Saibola
Kevin C.A.
cozypilo
ralph avedikian
John Foxall
Hisham El Mawan
Jenks1981
Vanig Bostanian
Chris Chan
jason.mandryk
Jason Morrison
Mike York
Michael Foster
38 posters

Page 23 of 28 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next

Go down

Summer transfer window 2013  - Page 23 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2013

Post by Subrat Koirala Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:40 am

plus, can also fill in at RB/LB. Won't do us any harm to have a bit of cover there.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:57 am

would prefer flamini over cabaye, now to get cesc back
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:50 am

rumours of late bids for Nasri, RVP, Song and Larrson also...
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:53 am

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:With Arteta injured, any chance Mattieu Flamini will be lining up for us against Aston Villa on Saturday?
Considering I suggested this after I looked up Flamini's wiki out of interest to see what he is up to, was I the first with this rumour?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:49 pm

prolly m8, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2400151/Arsenal-set-sign-Mathieu-Flamini-free-transfer.html

dunno how much to trust daily mail but you might as well start making some more predictions
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ArseHenry Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:05 pm

[quote="Jonathan Prendergast"] rumours of late bids for Nasri, RVP, Song and Larrson also... [/quote]
Don't tease, I'd take Nasri & Song back... RVP can get f'd.

Why does the quote not work?! scratch 

ArseHenry
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:07 pm

Sometimes it stuffs around. Happened to me once.

Other rumours:
- We are prepared to sell Podolski
- We will go to 40m pounds for Benzema
- Wenger is ready to invest

Don't know what to say really...
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:54 pm

deep.gurung wrote:prolly m8, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2400151/Arsenal-set-sign-Mathieu-Flamini-free-transfer.html

dunno how much to trust daily mail but you might as well start making some more predictions

wenger has now been quoted on sky sports news as saying flaminin is only here to build up his fitness.........herd that one before...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:06 pm

Manager Arsene Wenger is confident Arsenal will tie up deals for new players before the transfer window closes in 10 days.

The Gunners have been unsuccessful in their attempts to lure Luis Suarez and Gonzalo Higuain to the Emirates, with Karim Benzema and Angel Di Maria now on the radar.

And despite an overriding sense of frustration among fans, Wenger is hopeful of adding to his squad.

"Yes, I'm confident that we'll make the signings we need because of the desire of the players to join us," said the Frenchman.

"There's also the fact that while we maybe don't have as much money as everybody writes, we have some funds available to do transfers.

"While we maybe don't have as much money as everybody writes, we have some funds available to do transfers."
Arsene Wenger
"We've worked on it very hard but it hasn't come off as quickly and as well as we wanted.

"You'd be surprised how early we acted. In our job, you can spend a lot of time, not going on holiday and work on things without it coming off.

"In football, you have to deal with any situation and be patient. As long as the window is open, anything can happen until the last minute."

Wenger also refused to be drawn on whether Mathieu Flamini would be rejoining the Gunners, saying the midfielder is only training with the club.

Wenger added: "He is just here to work on his fitness and he does that very well. I don't say there's no chance, and I don't say there is a chance."
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:59 am

I'd be happy with Flamini. Decent squad player, can provide cover in midfield and both full back positions.

Ideal scenario : Flamini, Di Maria, Sakho (not gonna happen), Cesar (not gonna happen), Suarez (unlikely)

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:07 am

It would seam after our transfer targets have been singled out a lot depends on what real madrid will do next...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:25 am

What a joke. Fuck Real Madrid. Why should we waste £46m on unmotivated unfit mediocrity like Benzema so they can fund a move for an infinitely better player in Suarez? Go for it yourselves you spineless twats, the money's there, bid £55m for him and be done with it. If they reject it then there's nothing else we can do, but don't settle for shite like Benzema (especially at the ridiculous price quoted).

Or go for Rooney. If you're going to spend a ludicrous sum of money, spend it on a player who's actually worth overspending for.

Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:17 am

Exactly that alex...if we are to spend 45+ mil on benzema...then we should really be giving laughapool what ever they want....52mil? Done...next target...to much messing about with transfers.....if a player wants out sell him...if we want to buy..get him...

this next week is going to be overdrive with arsenal transfer talk...lose at the weekend and watch it go into meltdown.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:14 am

Wenger regarding Suarez:

“That can happen (a players joins another club). You've certainly tried to go out with a girl but find she has chosen someone else. You don't commit suicide,” he said.

“I don't want to speak in detail about what has happened. One day, why not?

“But now it's not the moment to talk about that. I just said it's over. We have to get on with our lives.”

So Suarez has had is head turned by Real Madrid? Realistically, Suarez always wanted Madrid in preference to another EPL club, so not much we can do about it. You would think it makes Benzema look more likely but Benzema's agent says we have no chance.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:55 pm

I have this sneaky feeling we'll sign Rooney. If we can get him, Di Maria and Flamini, we'd seriously be title contenders imo.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:33 pm

fellaini please but if anyone would sign him it would be m.utd, they have better odds of landing him then us.
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:37 am

I get the impression we won't be signing a striker at all this window the way things are going. To be fair, I'd rather we wait until January to see who's available by then than spend £30 million on unproven dross like Michu, or waste £40-50 million on someone like fucking Benzema. £30-35m for Higuain is looking increasingly good value compared to all the garbage we're seeing right now.

Flamini, Cabaye, Di Maria, and a CB/RB gets us through until January at least I would say. Giroud is doing really well, the only question mark I have over him now is his ability to score against the top teams. If he gets that off his back, who knows how good he could become? He's never going to be an RVP or Suarez type player, but I don't care how he gets them as long as he gets them.

As for Podolski, well, he exists to finish off chances. That's what he does. I love the guy. We could get through the season with those two, even if it's far from ideal.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:08 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:I get the impression we won't be signing a striker at all this window the way things are going. To be fair, I'd rather we wait until January to see who's available by then than spend £30 million on unproven dross like Michu, or waste £40-50 million on someone like fucking Benzema. £30-35m for Higuain is looking increasingly good value compared to all the garbage we're seeing right now.

Flamini, Cabaye, Di Maria, and a CB/RB gets us through until January at least I would say. Giroud is doing really well, the only question mark I have over him now is his ability to score against the top teams. If he gets that off his back, who knows how good he could become? He's never going to be an RVP or Suarez type player, but I don't care how he gets them as long as he gets them.

As for Podolski, well, he exists to finish off chances. That's what he does. I love the guy. We could get through the season with those two, even if it's far from ideal.
Was thinking about the same thing a little while ago - about Giroud - he doesn't have technical skill of van Persie or Suarez, but he brings a lot of other things to our style of play - integral part of the build up play and pretty good off the ball when we're attacking, freeing up space for others. This is an area he will also improve in and hopefully score 15-20 league goals this season.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:19 am

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:
Jonathan Prendergast wrote:With Arteta injured, any chance Mattieu Flamini will be lining up for us against Aston Villa on Saturday?
Considering I suggested this after I looked up Flamini's wiki out of interest to see what he is up to, was I the first with this rumour?
deep.gurung wrote:prolly m8, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2400151/Arsenal-set-sign-Mathieu-Flamini-free-transfer.html

Maybe we will also sign William Gallas? and Adebayor?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ArseHenry Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:24 pm

I really, REALLY want Rooney. The quality and potency he would add to the squad would be priceless... Never, ever going to happen though. Pity.

ArseHenry
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:50 pm

are we there yet .. are we
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:44 pm

whats the chances that we might bid for bale as news for rival bidder emerge. its prolly psg or monaco but one can be wishful. lets face it his price tag is way above us but bale n ronaldo in the same team, its a bit too much for a football club to have.
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:47 am

The only thing I see in there being a new bidder for bale is to get Real to committed to buying...spurs have shelled out a hell of alot of money...and they still will need a striker........spurs will probably get 60m + a pick of players....

Bale will only go to Real.....spurs know this, Real know this but the price is what is slowing the deal....if he does not and it all falls through....spurs will be under immense preasure to win something big....and it will have landed them in a whole pile of shit they might not be able to get out of.....

spurs need to understand they should take what ever Real offer..50..55..60..70 top end.....take it!! going and spending money they are banking on receiving is absolute suicide..... sounds to me like panic has set in.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:06 am

According to an exclusive which is running on the Italian site Tuttomercatoweb Arsenal are close to a deal to sign Todor Nedelev, the Bulgarian winger who currently plays for Botev Plovdiv.
The 20 year old who has one cap for Bulgaria, has been with Botev for his whole career, joining the club in 2004.
According to Wikipedia because, well, let’s face it, I’ve never heard of him [don't pretend you have], he has 19 goals in 66 appearances.
From what I can tell he was linked with a move to Sp*rs a few days ago and Here is the City were saying that he would be on his way to the shadowy part of north London in a deal worth £5.87m.
He can play as a winger or an attacking midfielder and some have likened his playing style to Gareth Bale.  There was no mention of diving however.
Under contract until 2015 with Botev Plovdiv, the Italian site are now claiming that his club refused an offer of €3m from Roma. Apart from saying that he is close to joining Arsenal they give hardly any other information at all.
Absolutely impossible to know how much truth there is to this.

i know he is another youngster but all jokes aside...watch the you tube vid of him...fucking hell he has a good left foot!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g5plev0sheY

another vid,...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=biIdy7sTwJo

Last edited by Michael Foster on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:32 am

Nice research work Detective Foster. Will be amazing if it turns out to be true!

For a winger, 20 years old can be OK. Could turn out to be a brilliant signing!
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 28 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum