Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer transfer window 2013

+34
Sivaram Sukumar
Ravneet Singh
Ashraf Peeran
Marko Maksimović
chris eades
Subrat Koirala
deep.gurung
Mohamed Samir
Aseem Bajpai
Andreas Wæhre
Dan Hakim
kique.canto
Joey Schwab
pwoodman1
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Jenson Pais
Michael Schatzky
Samritpal Singh
Meshaal
Mario
Jonathan Prendergast
Vijay Saibola
Kevin C.A.
cozypilo
ralph avedikian
John Foxall
Hisham El Mawan
Jenks1981
Vanig Bostanian
Chris Chan
jason.mandryk
Jason Morrison
Mike York
Michael Foster
38 posters

Page 24 of 28 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Summer transfer window 2013  - Page 24 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2013

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:11 pm

Tribal Football has it now, and saying Spurs are also interested. I hope his home club get a decent fee for him as they are losing their favourite son!
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:13 pm

interesting.......................

Karim Benzema HAS been offered to Arsenal as part of a sensational shake-up at Real Madrid.

Benzema, Angel Di Maria and Mesut Ozil are all surplus to requirements at Real Madrid as the Spanish giants look to fund both a world-record deal for Spurs' Gareth Bale and a £42million bid for Luis Suarez of Liverpool.

It is understood the Gunners are interested in ALL three Real players.

However, as revealed by the Mirror, Benzema is top of their wanted list because the signing of a world-class striker remains their No1 priority.

France international Benzema, 25, does not want to leave Madrid though, and his agent Karim Djaziri has even claimed he is not interested in a move to Arsenal.

But the Spanish giants are trying to sell him behind his back before the window shuts next Monday night.

Third parties have been hawking the trio around the Premier League - Mirror Sport understands Manchester United have also been sounded out over Benzema... and turned him down.

United have also been sounded out about Ozil and Di Maria.

Real could potentially raise £100m by selling the trio, which would pay for Bale and also part-finance a move for Suarez, although their valuation of the Uruguayan striker - on whom Arsenal are STILL keeping tabs - is well short of Liverpool's.

Arsenal are closest to a deal for Argentina winger Di Maria, but must persuade him to move to London.

Di Maria is reluctant to leave Madrid which will also be the sticking point over Benzema.

Benzema is desperate for a new contract at Real and has a strong relationship with club president Florentino Perez, but it is clear that they may end up seeing him as being surplus requirements.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is a long-term admirer of Ozil - he tried to sign the Germany midfielder before he moved to Madrid - and the Gunners are watching developments closely.

Arsenal would not buy all three players, but are keeping a very close eye as they are seemingly all available.

Elsewhere, the Londoners have held further talks about French midfielder Yohan Cabaye but are unlikely to match Newcastle's £20m price-tag for a player Paris Saint-Germain are also keen on.

Former Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini, now a free agent, will re-sign for the club, after his agent Darren Dein held lengthy talks on Monday.

Wenger admits Arsenal need numbers as much as they need quality, but they may have to wait until the very end of the transfer window to land the top class striker they have been after all summer.

He said: "We have not got a fixed number. I just think we're a bit short at the moment. The most important thing is to focus on the quality of the squad I have and to play the football we want to play.

"I'm guided by my conscience to do my best for this club, and by my desire to play a good quality of football here.

"It is not just about additions. The key is about making the right additions. Attitude, focus, the mental aspect in the modern game is vital.

"I will not give you any names because it would be unfair on the players who play at the clubs. It might create some wrong hopes.

"You could see that many of the disputes all over the country are because the coaches or managers speak about the players.

"[So we will] Be discreet in our job and try to make things happen."

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:20 pm

Reports that Spurs have signed Erik Lamela, 21 year old striker from Roma. If we are not in for him I wonder why?

I wonder if we are interested in 23 year old Steau Bucharest Center back Vlad Chiriches.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:26 pm

Real Madrid have signed Isco, and probably Bale, so I can imagine they would let Ozil and Di Maria. Benzema leaving really relies on them signing Suarez.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:54 pm

This whole saga dwells around Madrid not wanting to sell before they get their targets, Pool not wanting to sell unless their valuation is matched, and Arsenal being somewhat of a part of that saga. Leaving those players aside, I think our transfer window really starts after tonight. Once the players we want are assured we are into the group stages, we could see a few pens being put to paper at the Emirates.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:10 pm

Subrat Koirala wrote:This whole saga dwells around Madrid not wanting to sell before they get their targets, Pool not wanting to sell unless their valuation is matched, and Arsenal being somewhat of a part of that saga. Leaving those players aside, I think our transfer window really starts after tonight. Once the players we want are assured we are into the group stages, we could see a few pens being put to paper at the Emirates.
It's a good excuse for Arsenal to have another bid at players like Suarez and Felliani. 'come and play champions league with us'!
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:53 pm

Of all the players we have been linked with, Felliani has stuck with me as a player that would really improve the team. Assuming he can play defensive/holding midfielder.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:51 pm

i dunno if you guys came across this article, it was written quite awhile ago. thought i'd put it down as something interesting to read as we wait for that inevitable magical signing

http://www.postmatch.org/5/explaining-the-falcao-move-to-monaco/

tranfers are complicated though this is no excuse for arsene
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:26 pm

Inevitable?

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:30 pm

yup positively
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Aseem Bajpai Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:57 pm

even though we are kind of known to be linked with a lot of players without buying (m)any, but even by our standards, rumours have been blown out of proportions this year, the range of players we've been linked with is incredible, right from the world class ones like Higuain and Suarez to less known ones like the Bulgarian Gareth Bale and co. It has become so frustrating now that I get depressed seeing us linked with a player, fearing, and not without reason, that we'll somehow manage to miss out on him if at all the rumour is not some made up bs.

Aseem Bajpai
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:57 pm

I asked an Italian friend of mine if he had been following his team's (Roma) transfer during the trasnfer window. He says he doesn't bother with the transfer window as it is all lies and just waits to see who lines up in the new season.

I enjoy the drama of it, but if it gets too frustrating it is best not to watch.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:48 am

unfortunately for me i don't have the self control .... im always checking out sites, following rumour trails ... i'l be glad when 2nd sept comes
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:45 am

“@LaurensJulien: Guess who is in the director's box tonight at the Emirates? Juan Mata Senior.”

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:53 am

Cannot imagine Chelsea selling him to us. For all we know he may be a big part of Mourinho's plans.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:03 am

Does anyone still think we'll actually sign some proper quality players? Think I've just about given up hope, we'll probably sign flamini on a free and probably Cabaye for 15mil and that will be it. We're not even being linked to any strikers right now nevermind signing a world class one. Disappointing summer couldn't be more of an understatement right now.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:04 am

vyom.chaudhary wrote:“@LaurensJulien: Guess who is in the director's box tonight at the Emirates? Juan Mata Senior.”
Apparently Mata Snr is an Arsnal fan, so means nothing really.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:13 am

Apparently we've signed Flamini today, tba tomorrow officially.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:56 am

Spurs have signed Eric Lamela for 30m pounds...
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:52 am

Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:11 am

Its all well and good getting flamini back....but seriously....where are the others...we have days left...lost another through injury..I am getting quite worried.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:21 am

Michael Foster wrote:Its all well and good getting flamini back....but seriously....where are the others...we have days left...lost another through injury..I am getting quite worried.
Agreed, slightly worried myself, but I do think there's something going on behind the scenes and that AW will bring a striker in after losing Poldi for so long. Dunno about CB, as much as I would like one addition there I think it's a bit much if you look at our history in the market Very Happy

Last edited by Marko Maksimović on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I'm an illiterate knob)
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:57 am

While we all wanted and were lead to expect big signings, it's harsh to criticise the Flamini deal as it could turn out well.

The best way to consider it is against other signings. Would we have preferred Capoue over Flamini?

And Marko, stop being a knob.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:19 am

I assume there is no chance we would go for Cabaye now we have Flamini. Very similar players.

Di Maria, Benzema and Ozil links seem to be dying.

Not sure about Felaini...
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:32 am

Hahaha, can't help it, sometimes I feel like living in an English speaking country for 17 years means f- all Sad

I'm satisfied with Flamini but we NEED at least one more player in... Arseblog had a funny skit about an old man reminiscing about AW in his youth. Pretty funny!
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 28 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next