Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v Stoke City

+10
Meshaal
Jason Morrison
Michael Schatzky
Subrat Koirala
Vanig Bostanian
Jonathan Prendergast
Jenks1981
Mike York
deep.gurung
Michael Foster
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Arsenal v Stoke City - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal v Stoke City

Post by Michael Foster Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Meshaal wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:
Meshaal wrote:Meshaal on Ramsey on the FB group - "Really happy for him. Playing with a lot of confidence now and looking great but lets not get too carried away - take away the goals (Vermaelen syndrome) and despite the work-rate and all the good things he does, he can still be a little sloppy with his passing at times. Needs to iron that out before he goes from being a very good player to a great player."

Or am I being too critical?
that was to a degree exactly what i was saying...he is almost there...the next progression will hopefully take him to world class status..
Hopefully something he'll be able to sort out this season.

On Giroud - Off day or was his limitations exposed a little today?

Its not about him not scoring today, I felt Huth and Shawcross just about had him under control. Might also have been a lack of service.

I would put it down to a combination of both...he looked quite ragged and marked out of the game...could do with a rest for the cup game...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:16 pm

Don't know what you guys are on about, Giroud had a pretty good performance, apart from the finishing aspect, which I can forgive him for seeing as he's been scoring in almost every other game. He won quite a few headers and made it really hard for the two centerbacks to deal with him aerially, I thought. This is Stoke as well, that's all Shawcross and Huth know to do, so I was satisfied with what I saw.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:41 pm

He forced a fantastic save from Begovic also with the ball going into the top corner..
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:30 am

Even on his off days I can excuse Giroud because he never really has an off day. So his first touch wasn't exactly like always, but you know he will challenge for all the aerial balls and win many of them, you know he will work ever so hard for the team. I personally love Olivier.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4