Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FA Cup 4th round: Brighton 2-3 Arsenal *Post Match

+11
Sami Rockfeller
vyom.chaudhary
Steve Dawson
dbruce5
Meshaal
Elisabeth Studentschnig
ralph avedikian
Jenks1981
Vanig Bostanian
Michael Foster
Jason Morrison
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

FA Cup 4th round: Brighton 2-3 Arsenal *Post Match - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th round: Brighton 2-3 Arsenal *Post Match

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:49 am

fuck me theo had no right to get to that ball! lightning fast pace! shoulda laid it off to Giroud for his hatrick though!
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

FA Cup 4th round: Brighton 2-3 Arsenal *Post Match - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th round: Brighton 2-3 Arsenal *Post Match

Post by Steve Dawson Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:52 am

Glad I got to see Theo's goal. Was switching streams earlier and missed Giroud's second Sad

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:55 am

Hah! That should be that, four more wins in the FA cup and we win our 1st trophy since 05!
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:59 am

Theo's pace, just wow! Giroud was great. Defense, not so much. Anyway, on to the next round.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:00 am

Watching hightlights, damn the more I see Giroud's first goal the more I'm impressed with it, such a smart and elegant finish from outside the box!
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:00 am

Well played Brighton - it might have been 2-3 but this is what the FA Cup is about.

Olivier Giroud played well through-out I thought.

Walcott, Wilshere and Gibbs made the difference when they came on.

Who is next? Smile

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:03 am

Giroud's second reminds me of RvP's goal against Everton a few years ago. The one which ended 1-1 with a very similar Diaby assist.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:05 am

Liverpool, feeling anxious about that one, they're in good form since sturridge came along.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:17 am

Jason Morrison wrote:Liverpool, feeling anxious about that one, they're in good form since sturridge came along.

of all the teams coming up i actually fancy this the most of a good win...they will play just an open game as we will...should be a cracker!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:14 am

Did Ramsey play as the deepest mid again? How did he do?

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:34 am

He did quite well. Couldn't really concentrate on what each player did as the stream was quite shit, but I thought he had a fine game.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by dbruce5 Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:19 am

Ramsey played relatively well. Made smart plays, was strong defensively. I thought Jenkinson was particularly poor today. He was unsure on the ball, and got caught several times when turning around to play the ball backwards. He needs a run of games to get back to pre Sagna form.

dbruce5
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:41 am

apparently there was a fight after the match between fans displaying 'thank you for memories' banner and other arsenal fans.punches were thrown.police had to intervene.and after that fans start singing 'one arsene wenger' chants

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:29 pm

Ramsey played well relatively well. Distributed the ball well, broke up attacks and made a few 'smart' fouls stopping them on the counter a la Fletcher. Looks impressive in that deep role but needs to be paired with someone better than Diaby.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:46 pm

I've thought for a while that it would be good for Ramsey's confidence to play the deepest central midfield role. Then there is less pressure to produce key passes and goals in attack.

Brighton were excellent. Really took it to us, playing football rather than just trying to beat us physically as you expect many lower league teams to try. It took some character to get us over the line.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Sami Rockfeller wrote:Ramsey played well relatively well. Distributed the ball well, broke up attacks and made a few 'smart' fouls stopping them on the counter a la Fletcher. Looks impressive in that deep role but needs to be paired with someone better than Diaby.

Someone better than Diaby? Thats interesting why say that?

I'm glad he has started a couple in central midfield now, I think he sees himself as an attacker midfielder but I think his style may be better suited as a deeper lying player, he often slows the game down, which can be useful if under alot of pressure from attacks and he isnt suited to counter attacking play as he doesnt have a turn of pace or a quick brain like Wilshere, I hope he can get a few games under his belt I have no idea when we might see Arteta again? He is having a nice mid season break now like he did last year.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:32 am

I thought the team as a whole played well again...Brighton were well set out and caused us problems...I will take from the game those playing games needed did well Ramsey had a good pass rate..still going backwards far to much for my liking but coming on well again..diaby did not have that much to do as most of the game was wing play...was good to see him going in for the harder challenges again..something he has been distancing himself from in the past...but no fault of his own...we all know what happened there...layed on a blinder of a pass for giroud's second...if we can just sort out this defensive problem we have we could still mount a big finish and be around the semi's if not final of the FA cup...
Liverpool coming up Wednesday...and I am chomping at the bit and cannot wait for this game...no fucking around..strongest and logical 11 out and bag a good win....and think its about time we see some more clean sheets....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:51 am

Hahah...and spurs lost to leeds.....

Brilliant......mugs.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:56 am

Leeds fans singing....... "You're just a shit team near Arsenal"

Therefore for today have legendary status....lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:16 am

Great results in today's FA cup with chelsea drawing, adding an additional game to their schedule and both spuds and liverpool losing to lower league opposition!

We've gotten blackburn in the 5th round, so good draw for us. Might just be our year...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:34 am

Jason Morrison wrote:Might just be our year...
Chelsea are still in it. United and City are still in it.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:58 am

We if are on the road to winning it have to play some of the bigger teams otherwise it will be called..

"handed to"
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:11 am

Anyone read the match report in the Sun today? God, that reporter was bloody clueless! The headline read 'It's all gone Per shaped: Wenger needs to dump Mertesacker' or something similar. Then he spends roughly half the article saying how crap Per is, his main criticism being that he's 'too slow'. Well dur, the bloke is about 6'5, he's not gonna be outpacing people like Theo is he? And then the cherry on the top was a little table showing various stats of games 'With Per' and games 'Without Per', which actually showed that we've won more games and conceded less goals per game when Per has played, which totally negates the bullshit that's written in the match report!

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:26 am

It's long been established in the media that Per has been too slow to be any good at football. I mean it's not like he has 85 international caps for one of the best nations in world football or anything like that

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:22 am

His weaknesses are often exposed, pace not being one of them i've seen recently, more, spotting danger and not doing enough to make it safe or not marking well enough or not winning aerial duels, there is plenty to critique but I wouldnt pick on his lack of pace first.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next