Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FA Cup 4th round: Brighton 2-3 Arsenal *Post Match

+11
Sami Rockfeller
vyom.chaudhary
Steve Dawson
dbruce5
Meshaal
Elisabeth Studentschnig
ralph avedikian
Jenks1981
Vanig Bostanian
Michael Foster
Jason Morrison
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

FA Cup 4th round: Brighton 2-3 Arsenal *Post Match Empty FA Cup 4th round: Brighton 2-3 Arsenal *Post Match

Post by Jason Morrison Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:05 am

*Post match starts at Page 5:
Link: https://arsenal.forumotion.co.uk/t376p80-fa-cup-4th-round-brighton-2-3-arsenal-post-match#21782

Full Time Stats
Brighton v Arsenal
Shots 6-16
On target 4-7
Fouls 12-12
Duels Won 44%-56%
Pass Accuracy 82%-87%
Possession 46%-54%

Match report via Arseblognews: http://news.arseblog.com/2013/01/match-report-brighton-2-3-arsenal/

Arsene Wenger ruled out Thomas Vermaelen
(ankle) after picking up an injury midweek,
meaning that Laurent Koscielny is likely to
partner Per Mertesacker.

Mikel Arteta (calf) and Francis Coquelin
(hamstring) are unlikely to be risked for the
trip to Brighton but Abou Diaby should
return to this side after missing the game
against West Ham with illness.

Tomas Rosicky is in contention to be
involved in the squad while Lukas Fabianski
(ankle) remains sidelined.

Possible starting 11:
Szczesny
Jenkinson, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs
Diaby, Ramsey
Wilshere
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Podolski

My 11:
Szczesny
Jenks-Mert-Kos-gibbs
Ramsey-Wilshere
Ox/Rosicky
Walcott/Ox-Giroud-Poldi

In theory this should be a simple win, we've got them beat with quality all over the field, but then again, we all know what happened at Bradford. Our toughest challenge here will be our usual achilles heel, desire, desire to win, work hard and fight for the shirt. Hopefully we can put in another West Ham 2nd half perfomance and put the game to bed early.

Prediction: 3-1 to Arsenal

Last edited by Jason Morrison on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:15 am; edited 4 times in total
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

FA Cup 4th round: Brighton 2-3 Arsenal *Post Match Empty Re: FA Cup 4th round: Brighton 2-3 Arsenal *Post Match

Post by Michael Foster Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:51 pm

Agreed should be a simple one only changes I would make is giroud and podolski up front and I would have Walcott out wide for this..diaby in the middle with Ramsey for a half at least to give them a bit of game time...

Prediction..... 4-0 arsenal
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

FA Cup 4th round: Brighton 2-3 Arsenal *Post Match Empty Re: FA Cup 4th round: Brighton 2-3 Arsenal *Post Match

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:05 pm

Nice, I got to work with making the match thread on my mind (I get to work half an hour early so no, I'm not playing while at work), was happy to see it there already. Thanks Jason.
Anyway, I think this should be easy, we couldn't have wished for an easier draw, but we are the Arsenal and we might lose to them. I'm still predicting a 5-0 though:
Lineup:
Szczesny
Jenkinson Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Diaby
Wilshere
Oxlade Chamberlain Theo Poldi
I think Wenger will give Theo some time up front and this is probably the best opportunity, although I would have loved to see Giroud playing and hopefully scoring today to build on that performance against West Ham. My lineup would have included Giroud up front with Theo on the right and the Ox on the left. A few minutes for Rosicky would be good, we will need him. One last thing I'd like to see is Ramsey having a very solid game like the one he had against West Ham. He could use some confidence and getting people off his back.

Last edited by Vanig Bostanian on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Wilshere will be a future Arsenal captain, says Wenger

The 21-year-old is set to wear the armband against Brighton on Saturday, as regular skippers Thomas Vermaelen and Mikel Arteta may be rested at the Amex Stadium

Jan 26, 2013 12:40:00 AM

Arsene Wenger believes Jack Wilshere will be a future Arsenal captain and claims the midfielder also has the potential to lead England's national team.

Goal.com revealed on Friday that the 21-year-old will be handed the armband for Saturday's FA cup clash against Brighton with Mikel Arteta and Thomas Vermaelen set to be rested.

“I think Jack will be captain of this club - yes, of course,” Wenger said.

“First of all, because of the quality of the player. Second, his commitment and desire to win. And his understanding of the game. He understands football very well and senses on the pitch what you have to do.

“Jack is naturally a guy who is not scared of anything on the football pitch and that is usually the sign of a leader. He wants to win and shows you that.

“Of course he will be one of the leaders of this club - in fact he is already on the pitch. A leader is somebody who does everything on the pitch to help his team to win. And he does that.

“The potential is there [to be England captain], of course. But I’m not national team coach - you should ask that question to Roy Hodgson, who will be happy to talk about it.”

Wenger admits he has not decided on the captain for his side's clash against Brighton but claims Wilshere would be in the frame.

“I haven’t decided that [captaincy] yet. Vermaelen made that choice on Wednesday and I let him make it." said Wenger.

“At the moment, for me, we have two captains: Vermaelen and Arteta and, after them, occasional captains. On the day, why not? He [Wilshere] can be, yes.”

Arsenal have not won a trophy since the 2005 FA Cup and the 63-year-old has challenged his side to prove their ability in the FA Cup, as well as in the Champions League.

“It is important because people will look at us,” Wenger added. “How we respond to a challenge like the FA Cup. We wanted to do well in the Capital One Cup. After what happened [at Bradford], of course it’s important for us to show we are ready and motivated.

“It is important to go for every trophy we can. It is not the only trophy. We are in the Champions League. I know you have already kicked us out but we will surprise you against Bayern Munich!

“We will take it seriously. You know I won four times the FA Cup because I take the competition seriously.”

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:01 pm

He should be given it next season! Vermaelen has not been a good enough leader, at all.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:17 am

Official team to start:
Szczesny
Jenkinson-Mertesacker(c)-Koscielny-Santos
Diaby-Ramsey
Rosicky
Oxlade-Chamberlain-Giroud-Podolski.

Subs: Mannone, Sagna, Gibbs,
Wilshere, Cazorla, Arshavin, Walcott.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:22 am

Finally Jack and Santi rested. Great starting 11 (the one I would have picked anw). 2nd half we take out Poldi for Arshavin and Giroud for Theo.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:27 am

Jason Morrison wrote:Official team to start:
Szczesny
Jenkinson-Mertesacker(c)-Koscielny-Santos
Diaby-Ramsey
Rosicky
Oxlade-Chamberlain-Giroud-Podolski.

Subs: Mannone, Sagna, Gibbs,
Wilshere, Cazorla, Arshavin, Walcott.

happy as larry with that lineup.....

players rested players that need time are getting it...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:38 am

Very good lineup (and bench)

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:52 am

http://ilemi.pe/73918/1/Watch-Brighton-and-HA-vs-Arsenal/

found a decent link..it is fox but the picture is great...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:57 am

here we go....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:01 am

nice risky start by defence...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:12 am

well this has started exactly as i thought it would....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:13 am

anybody else here today?
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:13 am

Thing about starting so many different players who've not played together before is that it results in severe lack of chemistry among the players, we look a bit disjointed at the moment, being slightly dominated by Brighton.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:16 am

Oh, we really don't look up for this right now, sloppiness all over.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:16 am

that's kind of what i expected....but to be fair on our boys brighton have done nothing...and i will take that knowing we could pull goals from nowhere...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:16 am

Haha my bad, Giroud I love you my man!
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:17 am

HAHAHAHA...as i was saying....we go and score...great goal too!!!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:17 am

wow brilliant goal, that's what you'd get from the likes of falcao!
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Studentschnig Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:17 am

the handsome frenchman also scores beautiful goals... woop!
Elisabeth Studentschnig
Elisabeth Studentschnig
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:18 am

lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:20 am

Jason Morrison wrote:wow brilliant goal, that's what you'd get from the likes of falcao!

falcao..rvp...who needs them lol!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:31 am

Lucky, lucky break. Awful by Santos there :\

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Studentschnig Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:31 am

lucky escape! what the hell was santos thinking?
Elisabeth Studentschnig
Elisabeth Studentschnig
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next