Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg

+27
Dan Hakim
Michael Foster
Hisham El Mawan
Yash
Steve Dawson
Jenks1981
janelle.noel
Evan Mullins
Justin Chew
kique.canto
Jacquesfarmer
Mike York
Will.sheng
DaveToffy
Jason Morrison
Sue Lee
Liam Bermingham
Chris Chan
Zaid Derweesh
Mario
ralph avedikian
Alex Hadjicharalampous
ChippyBrady
Sami Rockfeller
Ashraf Peeran
vyom.chaudhary
Stephen Mitchell
31 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

What is your prediction?

Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg Vote_lcap25%Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 5 ]
Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg Vote_lcap5%Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg Vote_lcap25%Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 5 ]
Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg Vote_lcap0%Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg Vote_lcap0%Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg Vote_lcap10%Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg Vote_lcap20%Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg Vote_lcap15%Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 20

Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg Empty Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg

Post by Stephen Mitchell Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:12 pm

Seeing as the game is tomorrow, I thought it'd be sensible to start a thread.

I guess there is just one question to ask - do we have even the minutest chance of progressing, or are we just playing for pride. I'm going along to the game, so am a bit annoyed that it'll probably be a bit of a damp squib. Still, it'll be a good chance to show my appreciation to the players as (barring the horrid week with the first leg and the Sunderland game) we have really dug in and produced some fantastic results over the last month, a lot to be proud of.

I think we'll know Wenger's thoughts on the tie when we see the team lineup. Personally, I've already made it clear that I'd rest people - esp. RVP. However, I totally understand why people would be against that, as it does send out a defeatist message. Supposedly we picked up A LOT of niggles at the weekend, so it's difficult to know who is available. Still, I would probably line the team up as so:

--------------Szczesny--------------

Sagna------Kos-----Miquel------Gibbs

-----Song---Benayoun---Rosicky-----

----Ox----Park/Chamakh----Gerv-----

I'm fairly sure that team wouldn't get turned over, and would give a couple of people out of the side recently a chance to play (Ox, Gervinho). How would you line up? Do you think we could pick a team that could *genuinely* stand a chance of overturning this massive deficit?
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Milan, 2nd Leg

Post by vyom.chaudhary Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:17 pm

going by wenger's interviews i think he will give it a go.we will play our strongest squad.

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashraf Peeran Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:05 pm

Yeah, I agree with Vyom. Wenger has been bigging us up for this one saying we have the ability to score early and that recent results have shown that we can score goals when we click and whatnot, so I think he'll go all out.

As for resting RVP, someone in another thread had mentioned it, but I think it's fair to say that Van Persie is at an age where he's mature enough and understands his body well enough to know when to say 'Maybe I should sit this game out', but IF he's 100% and feels it, then he's going to want to play, and I think we should let him. I'd lineup with:

Szczesny
Sagna Kos TV Gibbs
Rosicky Song Arteta/Ox
Theo RVP Gervinho

The Ox used to play the Cesc role before, so I think if he started ahead of Arteta, and Rosicky played Arteta's role, we'd pose more of a threat going forward. Just an idea.
Ashraf Peeran
Ashraf Peeran
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:16 pm

Wenger's recent comments suggest that he will field a strong side for this one, as redundant as it sounds now it will be really interesting to see how far our team is willing to exert themselves to get a result. Wenger has suggested a possible change in structure to feature the fittest and the best available for the fixture though I don't really see it happening, I wouldn't mind if Wenger tries something outlandish for a change.

On the injuries front, we picked quite a few knocks at Anfield but so far it looks like most of them will be fit.
Arteta is fine and should feature. Benayoun had picked up a knock so I can see Gervinho getting back in the starting eleven. Apart from that I don't think there'll be many changes to the starting eleven.

Think we'll win this but I don't see us progressing in the competition.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:26 pm

This is going to be the weirdest CL knockout games ever. If the impossible happens, it will be one of the best. Can't see it happening though..
Might sit on opposite end of stadium for the second half. I can imagine there being a lot of empty seats.
I think we'll win 3-1. We are showing fight and spirit and playing with confidence. Plus Milan are missing a few players.
ChippyBrady
ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:57 pm

This just in, Yossi, Diaby and Arteta will not play. Rosicky is doubtful.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Mitchell Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:00 am

Sami Rockfeller wrote:This just in, Yossi, Diaby and Arteta will not play. Rosicky is doubtful.

Never expected Arteta back, they always wait as a precaution on injuries like his. So, that means we have one fit midfielder, right? Song. Let's hope the others are back for a game that actually matters (Newcastle). But that makes me wonder who'll play. Oxlade-Chamberlain in a central role? Ozyakup?
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:00 am

Sami Rockfeller wrote:This just in, Yossi, Diaby and Arteta will not play. Rosicky is doubtful.

Where did you get that from?
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:02 am

Arshavin would have been quite useful now, wouldn't he? Evil or Very Mad
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:03 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:

Where did you get that from?

Wenger press conference.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Mitchell Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:03 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:Arshavin would have been quite useful now, wouldn't he? Evil or Very Mad

Yes, as would Denilson, Eastmond, Lansbury etc...
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Mitchell Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:06 am

The other news coming out of the press conference is that RVP will start. Makes me wonder what the point of that is if we only have one midfielder. This pretty much kills the tie stone-dead (if it wasn't already!).
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:07 am

Tidbits from Wenger's press conference.

'We have lost Benayoun, Diaby and Arteta as well. Arteta has to rest for a week'

'Rosicky is doubtful too. But we will put out the best side for us to qualify'

'We can score goals. In the last two home games we scored 12. We must find a balance between attacking and defending'

'If Milan can score four, we can do it as well... we know we can put a good performance in'

'We will have to gamble... the task is difficult... but as a player it is a good game to have in front of you'

'Robin van Persie will start. I would not be credible to say we must score five goals [and not play him]!'

'Statistically we have a five per cent chance. But what is important that we believe we can be in this five'

Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Mitchell Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:12 am

Is there any way we can play Van Persie in midfield and up front (preferably on the wing, too)?
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:22 am

if we go into HT leading by 2 goals.Anything can happen.One red card to them they will panic

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:33 am

The team actually picks itself really. The back 5, Song, RVP, Gerv and Theo. The question is who to play in midfield as we only have Song fit and I don't think we can take a gamble on Rosicky as it will leave us with almost no midfield.
So I think we will go 442 really:

theo - song - ? - gervinho
--------rvp-----park-------

Maybe Park playing in the hole. (He played there a couple of times behind chamakh)

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:34 am

Szczesny
Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs
Song Rosicky Oxlade-Chamberlain
Walcott RVP Gervinho

Won't have much left on the bench but that team is what I expect to see considering who we have out. Rosicky, should he make it, will have to do a lot more defensive work with The Ox in the middle but that side has goals in it (because RVP is playing) and we should give it a real go in the 1st half and see where we're at by half time.

Prediction:
Arsenal 7-2 Milan.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:36 am

ralph avedikian wrote:The team actually picks itself really. The back 5, Song, RVP, Gerv and Theo. The question is who to play in midfield as we only have Song fit and I don't think we can take a gamble on Rosicky as it will leave us with almost no midfield.

Maybe Park playing in the hole. (He played there a couple of times behind chamakh)

4-4-2 is so not happening, way too conservative to be able to juice out 4 goals from a Milan side.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:37 am

Don't hold your breath for a result, hold your breath for a lack of injuries.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:44 am

Sami Rockfeller wrote:
ralph avedikian wrote:The team actually picks itself really. The back 5, Song, RVP, Gerv and Theo. The question is who to play in midfield as we only have Song fit and I don't think we can take a gamble on Rosicky as it will leave us with almost no midfield.

4-4-2 is so not happening, way too conservative to be able to juice out 4 goals from a Milan side.

What if Rosicky isn't fit?

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:48 am

ralph avedikian wrote:
Sami Rockfeller wrote:

What if Rosicky isn't fit?

I don't know, AOC in the middle? Think I also saw Ozzy in the training pictures on the website. He might also feature in some capacity.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:51 am

I would prefer a 442 than a 433 with ozyakup and AOC in the middle.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:02 am

wenger in press conference

“We will have, of course, our drive forward,” he said. “The best way is to ignore the first game and do what we did against Tottenham. We were 2-0 down and we just kept going because we wanted to win the game. That is what we want to do again tomorrow.

“We can score goals, in the last two home games we scored 12. So we know we can score goals. That is the target tomorrow.

“The target is also to find a good balance between attacking and defending because our double target is not to concede as well.

“But I know my players well, I know they have been hurt by the first result and I know they have their pride. They will come out tomorrow and give a performance.

“There is a real possibility that we can go through, of course. Football is football, you know? We lost 4-0 at Milan but they had five shots on target and we had 55 [per cent of the] possession when we did not play well at all.

“Two things that can change: if they can score four then we can as well, why not? We will try. We know we can put a better performance in and you can tell Milan that tomorrow we will play on a football pitch, a real football pitch.”

looks like he is trying to wind people up here.some really aggressive comments from him.

i like it.

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:18 am

Forgot to post my prediction : 5-0 cheers

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:50 am

Mario Leontiou wrote:Szczesny
Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs
Song Rosicky Oxlade-Chamberlain
Walcott RVP Gervinho

Won't have much left on the bench but that team is what I expect to see considering who we have out. Rosicky, should he make it, will have to do a lot more defensive work with The Ox in the middle but that side has goals in it (because RVP is playing) and we should give it a real go in the 1st half and see where we're at by half time.

Prediction:
Arsenal 7-2 Milan.

i know we're short in the middle, but id consider sticking the ox out wide just to scare the living daylights out of milan with so much pace up top. who would come in the middle i dont know....maybe even something like

song
rosicky rvp
the ox theo gervinho

prediction 6-1

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next