Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 Summer Transfers

+64
marco.batra
Yash
danan.sonokun
JavierVen
smoreno
David Hung
rschalala
Will.sheng
sammiabdoh
Ravneet Singh
chris eades
cozypilo
janelle.noel
Krypton_Gooner
Michael Schatzky
Richard Wallace
Mohamed Samir
Adam Sisson
fkamil
kdunn
Mohammed Arshaq
Z. Derweesh
Marko Maksimović
CarolinaGunner87
ahrstic
Wesley Wang
Darcy Gorman
Steve Dawson
kique.canto
Subrat Koirala
Iboro Umana
Jenson Pais
Min Shan
jason.mandryk
John Foxall
Jason Morrison
Samritpal Singh
Gopi
pwoodman1
DaveToffy
eyal.peer
Mike York
Alejandro Perreira
Hisham El Mawan
Meshaal
ChippyBrady
Vijay Saibola
Dan Hakim
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Joey Schwab
Adriel Williams
Mario
ralph avedikian
Stephen Mitchell
vyom.chaudhary
Chris Chan
Zaid Derweesh
Christopher Flanagan
Jenks1981
Michael Foster
Vanig Bostanian
Justin Chew
Sami Rockfeller
Jonathan Prendergast
68 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

2012 Summer Transfers - Page 21 Empty Re: 2012 Summer Transfers

Post by Jenks1981 Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:03 am

That is an AMAZING price I agree!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wesley Wang Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:12 pm

That's an absolutely ludicrous amount of money for Djourou. That's Gary Cahill money.
Wesley Wang
Wesley Wang
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Djourou is young, has a lot of years in his contract and has had one very good season with us. I think that's a fair price.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:53 am

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Berlusconi-confirme-pour-t-silva/290973

Thiago Silva to PSG for €46m.

Crazy price, Silvio couldn't refuse!

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:20 am

8!...8!....8 mil for Dj?!?!?

Fuck me....where is that hand it needs biting off pronto!!!

8 mil...lol chaaaaaaaaa ching!!!

Anybody know if he needs a lift to the airport???

Lol I would quite happily take him....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:36 am

Then again it could just be a made-up story.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:56 am

It seems we are pushing Djourou rather than him wanting to leave. It's strange - Djourou is hardly a massive earner (50-60k isn't small, but it isn't huge), and he's one more body between Squillaci and the first team - I'd say that insurance is worth 50-60k a week. And for those with short memories, it wasn't too long ago we had crises (multiple in) in the central defensive position - last year we were quite lucky in that respect. It's only a matter of time.

The plan must be to promote Bartley/Miquel, or to get Song to play there more often now that *fingers crossed* M'Vila is coming in. Still, I wouldn't think this was a priority.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:43 pm

50-60k pw for a 4th or even 5th choice (you mentioned Song) is a HUGE amount of money!!!!!!!!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:50 pm

Squillaci is being looked at by several clubs in France and Holland.
http://news.arseblog.com/2012/06/french-trio-eye-squillaci-capture/

With Squillaci and Djourou both on their way out, I think we'll see Miquel and Bartley both being promoted to the first team. Can't see us spending to improve that department this summer.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Sami Rockfeller wrote:Squillaci is being looked at by several clubs in France and Holland.
http://news.arseblog.com/2012/06/french-trio-eye-squillaci-capture/

With Squillaci and Djourou both on their way out, I think we'll see Miquel and Bartley both being promoted to the first team. Can't see us spending to improve that department this summer.

I would be 100% happy with that scenario.

Vermaelen, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Song, Miguel, Bartley.

Should be enough for two positions and those two leaving are earning waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much for my liking!!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Djourou is a nice guy and he genuinely loves the club, whoever you speak to around the club will tell you that and he's a very popular member of the dressing room, but it's time to be ruthless.

If we can get 8M for him we just have to accept it. He has been way too inconsistent and although it's unfair to expect someone with little football behind them to step into the side and suddenly perform, if we can find someone who can do a better job of it than Djourou then why not? Maybe with M'Vila coming in, the 4th choice CB will be what Mike suggests, Song-Bartley-Miquel. I'd prefer another utility defender, though.

As for Squillaci, I fear we will have to pay half his wages to let him go because he is on a ridiculous wage (est. 50k a week) and the clubs in for him won't be able to afford that. But whatever it takes to get him off the books, even if it means a minimal fee. Bartley and Miquel would be better than him. But it doesn't take much to be an improvement on him.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Mario Leontiou wrote:Djourou is a nice guy and he genuinely loves the club, whoever you speak to around the club will tell you that and he's a very popular member of the dressing room, but it's time to be ruthless.

If we can get 8M for him we just have to accept it. He has been way too inconsistent and although it's unfair to expect someone with little football behind them to step into the side and suddenly perform, if we can find someone who can do a better job of it than Djourou then why not? Maybe with M'Vila coming in, the 4th choice CB will be what Mike suggests, Song-Bartley-Miquel. I'd prefer another utility defender, though.

As for Squillaci, I fear we will have to pay half his wages to let him go because he is on a ridiculous wage (est. 50k a week) and the clubs in for him won't be able to afford that. But whatever it takes to get him off the books, even if it means a minimal fee. Bartley and Miquel would be better than him. But it doesn't take much to be an improvement on him.

Fuck, I thought Squillaci was free this summer? How long a contract did he sign with us 3 years ago? He was already 30 so howcome Wenger gave him such a long contract that he's still with us now?
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenson Pais Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:57 pm

Jason Morrison wrote:
Fuck, I thought Squillaci was free this summer? How long a contract did he sign with us 3 years ago? He was already 30 so howcome Wenger gave him such a long contract that he's still with us now?

We could not give him a one year contract when we signed him. So it was a normal 3 year contract, he is on massive wages as well. At least we are trying to clear out dead wood and looking to sign quality this season.

Also I rate Miquel. He is just 19 but he is calm and composed. I think he will end up like Matt Hummels. Needs to hit the gym this summer to develop upper body strength.
Jenson Pais
Jenson Pais
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:15 am

It's good that we are getting rid of useless players who in addition to being shit, take a spot in the 25 man squad.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:09 am

Linked with Huntelaar, Dzagoev and Moussa Dembele too recently.

Huntelaar is obviously pure fiction - but interesting to see us being linked with attacking mid-fielders well. Might just be a first for this transfer window - might be a positive sign.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:10 am

Podolski, M'Vila and Giroud (if the latter do come) would be an excellent summer's work. And it sounds like we are making progress on deals for the wantaways.

My biggest question marks are still the CAM position - Rosicky, Ramsey. Neither are good enough for the full season, I feel. Rosicky will be phasing out of the highest level, and Ramsey is still raw. Do we need another player there, or can Wilshere be expected to play there, infront of Arteta - M'Vila? I would like that combination very much, but I wonder if that's Wilshere's game. What's the solution? Kagawa would've been perfect - a scorer and a creator - but that's gone. Who else is there, if at all?

I can't see us buying FOUR high profile players, so I think it will be someone we already have, and that worries me.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:24 am

Zaid Derweesh wrote:Podolski, M'Vila and Giroud (if the latter do come) would be an excellent summer's work. And it sounds like we are making progress on deals for the wantaways.

My biggest question marks are still the CAM position - Rosicky, Ramsey. Neither are good enough for the full season, I feel. Rosicky will be phasing out of the highest level, and Ramsey is still raw. Do we need another player there, or can Wilshere be expected to play there, infront of Arteta - M'Vila? I would like that combination very much, but I wonder if that's Wilshere's game. What's the solution? Kagawa would've been perfect - a scorer and a creator - but that's gone. Who else is there, if at all?

I can't see us buying FOUR high profile players, so I think it will be someone we already have, and that worries me.

I agree, it is out biggest risk moving forward. It may be a weakness, but if Wilshere or Ramsey step up into that role and perform well, then it may be a strength.

I think a new signing there would 'kill' Ramsey and Wilshere, so I am happy if we don't sign someone. The obvious signing would be Honda, who I think is quality.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcy Gorman Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Is there truth behind those quotes that been attributed to M'Vila in the media the last few days? Apparently admitting his like for the premier league and Arsenal?

Great signs if so, maybe an attempt to force Rennes hand a bit and lower their valuation?

Never convinced a deal is done until it's on arsenal.com but this is looking increasingly likely, so too Giroud.

Darcy Gorman
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by David Hung Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:25 pm

The obvious signing would be Honda, who I think is quality.

I watched Honda when Japan played Australia last week. He was magnificent. Admittedly, Australia aren't very good, but they were very physical and he held his own. Great long-range shooter as well.

David Hung
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pwoodman1 Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:56 pm

Maybe the Answer in CAM is the The Ox, or playing RVP in behind Podolski and Giroud?

--------M'vila--------
--Song------Wilshere

--------The Ox-------

---RVP------Podolski--

Or

---------M'vila----------
Song----------Wilshere

----------RVP------------
Giroud---------Podolski

pwoodman1
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:43 pm

Zaid Derweesh wrote:Podolski, M'Vila and Giroud (if the latter do come) would be an excellent summer's work. And it sounds like we are making progress on deals for the wantaways.

Wenger probably expects Wilshere to move up next season. We also have AOC who Wenger is hoping would take up the midfield role one day. Maybe a bit too early for the Ox but he could do a job if needed for the short term. If both of these don't work out we have Arteta who will probably take the reins until the next summer.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by kdunn Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:27 am

I doubt we will ever see arteta in a cam role

kdunn
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:16 am

Exciting times indeed!

In - Podolski & Giroud

Further signings - M'Vila, back-up goal-keeper and possibly a defender?

Need to sell / offload - Squallaci, Arshavin, Denilson, Chamakh, Park, Bendtner & Vela.

Robin van Persie and Walcott sign contract extensions and we'll be challenging for the title or should be at the very least.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:36 am

I think we will see Arteta pushed for the CAM role. It is just a hunch though.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:37 am

Van Roy Bostanian wrote:I think we will see Arteta pushed for the CAM role. It is just a hunch though.

Definately not, if we play with an advanced midfielder it will be Wilshire, no doubt for me. But we may not play with one this coming season...

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next