Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football News (Transfers and others)

+31
Ashraf Peeran
chris eades
John Foxall
Wesley Wang
Subrat Koirala
ahrstic
ralph avedikian
kdunn
Mike York
Michael Foster
janelle.noel
Marko Maksimović
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Adam Sisson
Zaid Derweesh
Jenks1981
Sivaram Sukumar
Vanig Bostanian
Joey Schwab
Durrell
Jason Morrison
vyom.chaudhary
Jonathan Prendergast
Chris Chan
rschalala
Christopher Flanagan
Dan Hakim
RYOmoha
Alan Dawson
Sami Rockfeller
Samritpal Singh
35 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Football News (Transfers and others) Empty Football News (Transfers and others)

Post by Samritpal Singh Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:04 pm

Post all your World Football news here.

Omar Ortiz, a Mexican football star, has been arrested for allegedly taking part in a kidnapping ring for a major drug cartel.

'El Gato', or 'The Cat,' as Ortiz's bright eyes led him to be called, is accused of selecting victims, mainly business owners, for ransoms of up to $73,000 for the Gulf drug cartel.

Having played a single match for the Mexican national team in 2002, Ortiz, a longtime regular for top division side Monterrey, was suspended for two years in 2010 after testing positive for steroids.

Al Jazeera's Bhanu Bhatnagar reports.

P.S why can't I post links?
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Football News (Transfers and others) Empty Re: Football News (Transfers and others)

Post by Sami Rockfeller Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:03 pm

Kidnapping ring? That is a first for a footballer right?

You can't post links until the system recognizes you as a regular member. That or the admins have disabled it.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Football News (Transfers and others) Empty Re: Football News (Transfers and others)

Post by Alan Dawson Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:18 am

Palacios' brother was kidnapped

Some of the African lads have been subject to it. Or threatened by it. I'm sure Oba Martins has.

Alan Dawson
Youth Team

http://onthebeak.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RYOmoha Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:02 pm

-OFFICIAL: Donadoni is the new coach of Parma
RYOmoha
RYOmoha
Trainee

https://twitter.com/#!/RYOmoha

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Santos president Luis Alvaro de Oliveira Ribeiro has pointed the finger at Brazil legend Ronaldo for trying to engineer a move to Real Madrid for starlet Neymar.

GettyImages
Ronaldo and Neymar have grown closer
• Ribeiro: Real were arrogant over move

Neymar, 19, committed his future to the club by signing a contract until 2014 amid speculation that he was on the verge of signing for the Spanish giants.

However, Ribeiro is angry that Ronaldo apparently used his influence at the Bernabeu in his new role with football agency 9ine - which he founded after hanging up his boots - to try to move the talks along.

"Ronaldo was the first to speak with Real Madrid and then after that people from the club arrived from Spain," Ribeiro told Folha de Sao Paulo. "He came to me with an offer, but it was well below the buy-out clause [believed to be around €45 million]."

Ribeiro also accused the former striker of trying to pocket a fee out of selling Neymar and claims that he does not have the player's best interests at heart.

"He has stopped being a footballer and he quickly turned into a businessman," the Santos chief added. "I think he wanted to earn money, it's his right. I don't want to earn money. He does.

"We do not act in the same area as the agents. Our job is to ensure Neymar enjoys a successful career."

-------------------

My favorite part is where Ribeiro said that he doesn't want to earn money.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:32 pm

Fifa say the Premier League could be fixed and appoint ex-Interpol man to investigate.

By Tony Attwood

Next month Fifa starts up a telephone hotline for players and officials who come forward with evidence of match fixing. Everyone who does come forward will be guaranteed immunity.

Now before we get too excited by this we must remember this is Fifa we are talking about, but there’s one little chink of light that has emerged from the inevitable razzmatazz that all announcements from Fifa bring.

The Fifa chief of security is Chris Eaton, who recently said that no where in football is immune from match fixing… and he said even the Premier League could be exposed to it.

Mr Eaton worked previously for Interpol and in an interview with CNN he said, “No league, not even the Champions League or English Premier League, is immune to the problem and that corruption affects every level of the game. But it is not something Fifa alone can solve and governments across the world need to work together to fight back.

“We are very concerned about the safety of players and officials. There is anecdotal evidence that some players have been killed. We have evidence of players in South Korea committing suicide because of the shame of match-fixing. There are players who pay the ultimate price for resisting or for the shame of match-fixing.

“We certainly have information in some parts of the world of threats to players and most have indicated they are under some form of threat. Often these players are under the control of a senior player, or captain, or technical coach, and these are the people we need to support.”

I suppose that any awareness in Fifa that games are fixed is helpful, but I fear that Mr Eaton’s investigations could possibly do more harm than good.

The focus on match fixing by official bodies has always been to do with people outside football – the gamblers – affecting results for their immediate benefit.

But the biggest match fixing saga of all was not (and since there is some evidence that it is still going on, is not) like that at all. It is not gambling match fixing but match fixing from within so that individual clubs can win more trophies.

At the heart of the Italian saga where the story evolved, were people like Luciano Moggi the Juve boss who had conversations with officials in Italian football to influence which referee got which game. The system (“Calciopoli” as it was called – Bribesville as it is translated in some quarters) did not mean that matches were fixed to produce a set score, knowledge of which could be used in gambling, but rather that favours were given by a variety of clubs to certain refs over time, and these refs edged games in favour of the clubs using the system. Juve, Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio, Reggina were all ultimately found guilty.

The system was hard to track down simply because it had little to do with gambling. The key approach to stopping match fixing in most of Europe involves waiting for the bookies to cry out that there have been “unusual betting patterns”, and then the investigation follows. Here there is no such activity, and because there is no other system to track down an English Bribesville, nothing happens.

To see if this is happening here we have been running three sets of stories

1: The pre-match analysis by Dogface to see if there is bias in referees which can be shown by their earlier matches, and therefore predicted. The answer is yes there is, and yes the prediction can be made.

2: An analysis of the referees’ performances match after match in the Premier League counting the number of errors made, and looking to see if the old “it all balances out in the end” story is true, or if there is systematic bias across games. The answer is clearly that it doesn’t all balance out, and there is consistent and clear bias.

3: An analysis of the activities of PGMOL, the organisation that runs the referees’ services for the Premier League. What this shows is that they are taking decisions which range from the odd to the downright bizarre without explanation or clarity of purpose.

Put all three together and you can see something is not right.

My view, for what it is worth, is that all three analyses can only be explained if we look for a background set of forces influencing what is happening, and in this regard what happened in Italy is the most obvious model.

I postulate that there are at least three Premier League clubs whose officials are in collusion with some individual referees, and who have influence over the way referees are selected and marked.

Each of these clubs is offering “Calciopoli” rewards to refs in return for helping their clubs win games. Plus (and this is the clever bit) they are also offering bribes to sway the results against their top rivals.

So Club A – a big time club with a long history of success – bribes a number of referees to sway matches in its favour when the club plays smaller teams near the bottom of the league.

But Club A also bribes referees to sway matches against some of its top rivals – other clubs who might also expect to be in the top four in the League but who are not involved in bribery.

Thus for example a club like Arsenal with no involvement in the Calciopoli activities might find decisions going against it in matches against minor teams like for example Fulham. Fulham didn’t bribe the ref. Obviously Asrenal didn’t bribe the ref. But it is possible that another top team is saying, “when you come to Arsenal games, just make sure they don’t win”.

That is already getting to be a complicated scenario – but imagine now it is replicated by at least three teams talking in this way to referees. Then you see how complex it gets.

Clearly the notion of whistle blowers and immunity as proposed by Fifa is good – but I have a doubt here. The activities of the referees’ association in having so few referees and in having virtually none from the south of England, and of allowing a far lower level of accuracy to prevail than happens in other countries, all makes the current situation suspicious.

And yet the referees association will not allow any open discussion on their activities. Indeed as we know from a recent report by Walter, rather than opening up to more discussion they have refused our request for information and ultimately taken their own web site down.

It would be nice if Chris Eaton came out and said he was looking at the irregular refereeing performances in the Premier League rather than just irregular betting panels. But until he does, I don’t think we have too much hope of anything being uncovered.

Worse, if he says he can find “no evidence” of referee bias when in fact he has not been looking for it, then we are in a worse place than when we started.

LINK
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:31 am

Barca's Maxwell moving to PSG.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Flanagan Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:33 am

"Fifa say the Premier League could be fixed and appoint ex-Interpol man to investigate."

Amount of times in that article there is any suggestion that the Prem is fixed: 0.

It's a terribly written piece of nonsense anyway, so one can hardly blame the headline writer for not bothering to read it.
Christopher Flanagan
Christopher Flanagan
Admin

https://arsenal.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Aston Villa are pleased to confirm that a loan deal has been agreed with LA Galaxy for Republic of Ireland international Robbie Keane.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by rschalala Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:30 am

Unconfirmed report: PSG signed Pato

fee: 35 million €
wage: 6 - 7 million €
rschalala
rschalala
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:45 am

rschalala wrote:Unconfirmed report: PSG signed Pato

fee: 35 million €
wage: 6 - 7 million €

He changed his mind. Rejected move to PSG and now Tevez talk broke down. No chance of both happening. Think maybe Inter might put in a bid for Tevez now.

Also someone mentioned that Berlusconi is the one who blocked Pato's move to PSG. Pato is married to (or still dating) Silvio's daughter.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:33 am

Blackburn's Christopher Samba wants to leave Blackburn for PSG

Blackburn Rovers defender Christopher Samba has confirmed he wants to leave Ewood Park - and would welcome a move to Paris Saint-Germain.

Samba, who joined Rovers for £450,000 in 2007 from Hertha Berlin, is frustrated with the current regime.

"Things have not happened as I was told they would," said the 27-year-old. "The club is not improving at all.

"I've tried to maintain my performance level but I feel it's time to change. I hope people will understand me.''

Blackburn boss Steve Kean insists the former Congo international is not for sale after confirming the club rejected two bids from Queens Park Rangers last week.

"I know there has been an article in [French newspaper] L'Equipe, but I haven't seen it myself," said Kean.

"We put out a club statement which was quite strong, saying that Chris was not for sale. As far as I am concerned, there is a line drawn under it.

"What is definite is that there were two bids from one club which were refused."

Samba grew up on the outskirts of Paris and has welcomed the reported interest in him from big-spending PSG.

"We'll see if the interest is confirmed or not, but it would be good for me to return home,'' Samba said. "In any case, it's flattering. The club has taken on a new dimension, it's not the PSG of a few years ago.''

Blackburn confirmed last week that assistant manager Paul Clement had left to join PSG.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16535992.stm

With so much speculation over Cahill, why aren't more clubs after Samba?

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:35 am

How fucked up is it that a major barrier to any Tevez move is his wage demands?

A guy that refuses to turn up for his current employer.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:39 am

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:How fucked up is it that a major barrier to any Tevez move is his wage demands?

A guy that refuses to turn up for his current employer.

Yeah which is why anyone is going to be wary of paying him 10m a year

It is also why City are really going to struggle to get players off their books. Not many of these mercenaries are going to accept a sizeable pay cut at another club and not many clubs can afford to pay City rejects that sort of money. Look at Wayne Bridge as a prime example

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:07 am

dont know where to put this.

does rangers f.c owns 0.2% of arsenal??WTF!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_club_owners#Premier_League

rangers fc FTW

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:52 am

Josh McEacharan will be joining Swansea on loan.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:52 am

vyom.chaudhary wrote:dont know where to put this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_club_owners#Premier_League

rangers fc FTW

Is this for reals?? Rangers has a stake in Arsenal???

and Usmanov is worth £10bill?? Last I heard it was like 2bill two or three years ago? where the hell did he get so much money so quickly?

Last edited by Jason Morrison on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Durrell Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:00 am

Jason Morrison wrote:

rangers fc FTW

and Usmanov is worth £10bill?? Last I heard it was like 2bill two or three years ago? where the hell did he get ao mufh money so quickly?

Apparently Glasgow Rangers own Arsenal shares because we used to be quite friendly with them
Durrell
Durrell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:14 am

Durrell wrote:
Jason Morrison wrote:

rangers fc FTW

and Usmanov is worth £10bill?? Last I heard it was like 2bill two or three years ago? where the hell did he get ao mufh money so quickly?

Apparently Glasgow Rangers own Arsenal shares because we used to be quite friendly with them

This must of been from ages ago? can't imagine them having aquired a stake in us anytime recently. Is the any other cases like this? a Football Club owning or owning part of another club? Never heard of anything like this before.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:12 am

Jason Morrison wrote:
Durrell wrote:
Jason Morrison wrote:

rangers fc FTW

This must of been from ages ago? can't imagine them having aquired a stake in us anytime recently. Is the any other cases like this? a Football Club owning or owning part of another club? Never heard of anything like this before.

true it seems.

"Rangers have owned shares in Arsenal since 1910 (you will be aware of the historic connections between the Clubs and Arsenal’s Secretary General / Manager from this early date, George Morrell, was previously employed by Rangers) and these 16 shares are now worth about £80,000. The Trust has been seeking a comment from Rangers about its intention with these shares. Again we have attached press comment related to this matter."

http://www.rangerspedia.org/index.php/Arsenal

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by rschalala Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Dzsudzsák for 19 mil € from Anzhi to Dinamo Moscow. Last summer he moved for 14.5 mil € from PSV to Anzhi.

Avram Grant new coach of Partizan Belgrade.

Fener interested in Sow (Lille).

In Germany Wolfsburg spend 30 mil € in 8 new players (all between 18 and 25) so far.
rschalala
rschalala
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:47 pm

Alex (Chelsea) agrees terms with QPR.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:53 pm

Chelsea have like no defenders left

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Flanagan Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:49 pm

They've bought Cahill, though.
Christopher Flanagan
Christopher Flanagan
Admin

https://arsenal.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:59 pm

I always felt they needed another CB even before Alex left

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next