Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January Transfers 2014

+13
cozypilo
ofgarcia
Jason Morrison
Michael Foster
Jenks1981
Mike York
Samritpal Singh
Vanig Bostanian
Marko Maksimović
Subrat Koirala
pwoodman1
Meshaal
Jonathan Prendergast
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

January Transfers 2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: January Transfers 2014

Post by Subrat Koirala Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:38 am

Talks of Pato wanting to come to Arsenal. Not sure what kind of a deal this will turn out to be. Scored 55 in 117 games for Milan, but going back to Brazil means he's focused on the World Cup. Him club will want more money due to our need, but I still think there are better options out there. question is who'll be available in January. Haven't seen him play for ages and not sure how he's doing, but if most think he can cut it, I think it's worth a bet.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:38 am

Arsenal and Manchester United are on alert after BVB chief Hans-Joachim Watzke admitted star midfielder Gundogan could leave the club.

"It is our absolute desire that besides Robert Lewandowski no other regular player leaves the club," Watzke said.

"Only in the case of Ilkay Gundogan, we do not yet know how it will turn out. We would love to extend (a contract) with him."
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:10 am

I like Gundogan a lot. How old is he? Good as they are, Arteta and Flamini aren't exactly spring chickens.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:44 am

Luis Suarez !
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:35 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote:I like Gundogan a lot. How old is he? Good as they are, Arteta and Flamini aren't exactly spring chickens.

I wonder if Gundogan is more box-to-box like Ramsey, Wilshire and Cabaye?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:07 am

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:
Vanig Bostanian wrote:I like Gundogan a lot. How old is he? Good as they are, Arteta and Flamini aren't exactly spring chickens.

I wonder if Gundogan is more box-to-box like Ramsey, Wilshire and Cabaye?
He certainly has a lot more skill on the ball than Flamini, but then again, so does Arteta (which is why he rarely loses balls in tight positions).

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:01 pm

Wenger has said betbatov is not happening. Any other juicy rumours?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:14 am

Jackson Martinez has come out in the last week saying he would not hesitate to join Arsenal.

Porto striker Jackson Martinez has revealed that he grew up supporting Arsenal and says he would love to join his boyhood club this month.

Martinez has increasingly been linked with a move to the Gunners in recent days after admitting his interest in playing in the Premier League.

And with Arsene Wenger making no secret of his desire to sign another striker, the Colombian has issued a firm come and get me plea to the Arsenal boss.

‘I cheered for Arsenal when I was a kid – I love their style of play,’ said Martinez to reporters.

‘It’s flowing and open with a lot of first touch passes. It would be suitable for a player like me. If I get a chance to play for a high level club like Arsenal I wouldn’t hesitate to accept it.’

Martinez is valued at around £30million and is expected to depart Porto in the next two transfer windows.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/04/jackson-martinez-im-an-arsenal-fan-and-would-love-to-sign-for-the-gunners-4249227/
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ofgarcia Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:12 am

How about Adrian Ramos from Hertha Berlin? Currently top scorer in the Bundesliga. Should be cheaper than Jackson Martinez and also eligible for Champions League.

ofgarcia
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by cozypilo Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:50 am

Iker Muniain would be a good gamble methinks.
cozypilo
cozypilo
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:59 pm

cozypilo wrote:Iker Muniain would be a good gamble methinks.

Agree. Has the sort of quality that Ozil can play with.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:05 am

So a loan for Morata is ruled out.
Jackson Martinez is an Arsenal fan.
No clarity on the contractual permutations of Loic Remy.

Any other likelys?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:43 am

Are any clubs going to make signings this window?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:15 am

Cardiff bought someone! I heard we're buying Messi and Ronaldo

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:22 am

yup, i heard that too ... through an amazing turn of events ronaldo and messi are both forsaking their whopping weekly paycheck believed to be somewhere around 300,000 to play for arsenal for a measly 100,000. they have decided to make this huge sacrifice to play beautiful football and glory and some french croissant
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Draxlar rumours heating up. Shalke saying he may leave. Rumour of a 40m buy out clause. Another 40,000,001 offer?

I think that would mean Podolski is on the way out, which would be sad, but you can't stop progress.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:05 pm

but is he worth the 40m price tag????
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:28 am

Didn't know where to put it, so here it goes:

Hi,
Here’s the interview :

How long have you been scout?

“Nine years. I remember the first mission Arsène Wenger assigned me. He asked me to pick up French internationals at Faroe Islands (Henry, Pires &Vieira – 08/09/04).”

Have you ever thought about doing something else, like coach?

“I cant do it … assistant maybe! My vision would need to change, because I’m focused on the individual aspect, and a coach needs to have a more collective vision. I’d like to feel the daily life of a team. I sometimes do with Arsenal. We miss the team life in this job, we are loners. We live with frustration.”

Why?

“We’re always looking for players, we fight for players to come, you commit yourself and, when this player signs he doesn’t even know who you are.”

Where do you live?

“London, but I’m rarely there. It’s a consuming passion.”

How many games do you attend?

“A little bit more than 250 a year. It depends of the number of tournaments you’re following. Our job has changed a lot. The day after the game I can use my iPad and see tons of stats.”

Is it possible to do your job without going to stadium?

“No. The most important is what happens on the pitch. You’ve got many signals that you can’t see on TV, the game without the ball, how he tracks back. English people call it ‘body language’. It’s at the stadium that the decision is made.”

Wenger comes with you?

“Not much, but he watches all the games. He’s got an unbelievable memory. In France, he knows everyone. So when I talk to him about a player, he’s got already an idea of him. But scouting is not only about signing players. You have to say no, because sometimes technical decisions can be influenced by agents, or relatives.

With Arsenal, it’s more simple because Arsène decides and he hasn’t changed his philosophy in the last 17 years. I know how to work for Arsène Wenger, I’m not sure I’d know how to work with other managers. I’m lucky, even though it’s sometimes difficult.”

Why?

“When you’re a player, you can’t imagine what’s going on around the stadium, the buzz, you don’t know where to park, get your invitation, and after the game there’s the traffic congestion.”

That’s why the scouts leave the games early?

“Yes, at first it made me crazy. You need a year to adapt.”

How many games do you need to make your decision about a player?

“It depends. Bacary Sagna, I watched him very, very often.”

Laurent Koscielny?

“I’ve watched him when he was at Tours, in L2 (2008-2009). Maybe we made a mistake, because we could have signed him when he was in L2. But I couldn’t imagine his progression. On Tuesday you watch a Champion’s League game, and on Friday you watch a L2 game … You’ve got to think ‘can he go from on level to the other?’”

Do you make research on the personality of the player?

“Yes, but the pitch don’t lie. When you see a guy 20 times … and when you see a kid warming up, you understand many things … that’s where your experience of former player helps.”

What’s your best signing?

“I hate hearing a scout assuming the responsibility of a success or the signing of a player. I hear a lot, ‘I made him sign’. But you never hear ‘I’m the one who refused to sign him’ … we all make mistakes. The success of a player is the result of a sum of things”.

What player did you miss?

“I’ve never thought Ribery would have made this career. But there’s many guys … Arsène never thought Thuram would make the career he’s made.”

http://news.arseblog.com/2014/01/gilles-grimandi-on-scouting-and-his-arsenal-role/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:30 pm

Mata to join united....he is going from title hopes...to no hope!??

Transfers like this always puzzle me.......hope it falls through and lands united in even more trouble!!!!!!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas Wæhre Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:57 pm

Michael Foster wrote:Transfers like this always puzzle me.......hope it falls through and lands united in even more trouble!!!!!!!!

Does seem to be going through though... But is it just me thinking £40 million is a lot for Mata? I know he`s class, but is he worth that much?

Arsene also said on the press conference this morning that a signing in january is unlikely, which is fine by me.. We have a big squad and we don't need to take a gamble in january. Lets wait until summer to get us the striker we need to take us one step further..

Andreas Wæhre
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Aseem Bajpai Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:19 pm

if we need another striker though, wouldn't it be better to get him right away to support the best chance we've had at the title in years rather than wait for the summers..

Aseem Bajpai
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:25 pm

Andreas Wæhre wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:Transfers like this always puzzle me.......hope it falls through and lands united in even more trouble!!!!!!!!

Does seem to be going through though... But is it just me thinking £40 million is a lot for Mata? I know he`s class, but is he worth that much?

Arsene also said on the press conference this morning that a signing in january is unlikely, which is fine by me.. We have a big squad and we don't need to take a gamble in january. Lets wait until summer to get us the striker we need to take us one step further..

37m for Mata is an absolute waist of money...and the player man u don't need......Chelsea will be laughing hard over this one....lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:57 am

Michael Foster wrote:
Andreas Wæhre wrote:

37m for Mata is an absolute waist of money...and the player man u don't need......Chelsea will be laughing hard over this one....lol
Really? Manchester United got exactly the player that could improve them. I am actually gutted that they got Mata. Obviously their team needs strengthening in all areas, but they got themselves a very special player.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:57 am

With Mata, now they might just finish in the top 5.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Aseem Bajpai Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:05 pm

Subrat Koirala wrote:With Mata, now they might just finish in the top 5.
never thought I'd be reading something like that about Utd this stage of the season.. lol! 

Aseem Bajpai
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next