Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January Transfers 2014

+13
cozypilo
ofgarcia
Jason Morrison
Michael Foster
Jenks1981
Mike York
Samritpal Singh
Vanig Bostanian
Marko Maksimović
Subrat Koirala
pwoodman1
Meshaal
Jonathan Prendergast
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

January Transfers 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: January Transfers 2014

Post by Subrat Koirala Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:26 pm

If I was putting my money on which striker we'll get in January, I'd put in on Wenger to sign another Eduardo kind of a striker. One who's not in the spotlight(and hence not costing unreasonable amount of money) and can compete with Giroud for the first team spot.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:32 am

Diego Costa is kind of like Eduardo: kinda Brazilian but kinda don't know which country he's from. But having scored 12 goals in 11 games so far this season for Athletico Madrid, he is well known now and will cost a fortune.

I think it could go either way. A lesser known quality player or a big name player.

I trust Wenger to get it right. My fear is him not getting a deal over the line.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:49 am

Oooh I trust Wenger to bring out the Podolski is like a new signing Smile
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:16 pm

Marko Maksimović wrote:Oooh I trust Wenger to bring out the Podolski is like a new signing Smile
Don't be like that! Smile

It would be good to see Podolski get a few weeks and opportunities to play centrally prior to Arsenal signing a new striker.

If it turns out that Podolski is quite able to smash home goals from assists from Ramsey, Ozil and Cazorla, then it might be a waste of money to buy a striker?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:04 am

El Sharaaway is soo over-hyped its ridiculous, he is nowhere near what we need!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:49 am

I am all for podo being up front the guy has a eye for goal.....our main transfer target is still going to be a striker tho......pato gets my vote....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:45 am

No for Pato, I don't think he can make it in the Premier League, no idea why, but I don't think he can.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:00 pm

I don't understand, Podolski, Theo, Sanogo, even Ox.... what is wrong with that depth? Yes they're injured now, but seriously, do we expect all 4 to be injured the whole season. What does it signal for them if AW brings in a new striker? It's a world cup year, Podolski doesn't seem too chuffed to begin with playing out wide, hopefully I'm wrong, but I'd rather we keep him than bring someone else in and lose Poldi in the summer or even January.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:33 am

Even if we could get Suarez (hypothetically)?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:10 am

Hard choice......but I cannot see podolski leaving.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:00 am

Pato would be an excellent addition to any team / squad in the EPL.

Rumours now on tribalfootball.com. I am certain they are trolling this forum.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:33 am

Pato not good enough really, maybe the step up is what his career needs but I can just see the stick management will get if they throw 20/30 mil for Pato and he flops.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:09 pm

I think Abel Hernandez is a good shout(surprised no-one has thought of him yet). good in the air, has pace and a decent technique. And is only 23. Will be willing to be a back up to Giroud and I think he'll progress tremendously under Wenger.
Also, playing in the second division in Italy right now, won't cost much. Fits the bill perfectly.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:50 pm

Subrat Koirala wrote:I think Abel Hernandez is a good shout(surprised no-one has thought of him yet). good in the air, has pace and a decent technique. And is only 23. Will be willing to be a back up to Giroud and I think he'll progress tremendously under Wenger.
Also, playing in the second division in Italy right now, won't cost much. Fits the bill perfectly.
Sounds like a perfect Wenger signing, but would kill Sanogo.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:48 am

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:
Subrat Koirala wrote:I think Abel Hernandez is a good shout(surprised no-one has thought of him yet). good in the air, has pace and a decent technique. And is only 23. Will be willing to be a back up to Giroud and I think he'll progress tremendously under Wenger.
Sanogo has looked decent in the limited number of outings he's had. But here's hoping he's not as injury prone in the long run as he appears to be right now.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:27 am

Subrat Koirala wrote:
Sanogo has looked decent in the limited number of outings he's had. But here's hoping he's not as injury prone in the long run as he appears to be right now.
Sanogo looks out of place so far. In no way am I writing him off, but saying he has done nothing to show he is decent, in an Arsenal shirt at least, because I heard he scored some goals for France in a kids' world cup or something.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:33 pm

Vanig Bostanian wrote:
Subrat Koirala wrote:
Sanogo looks out of place so far. In no way am I writing him off, but saying he has done nothing to show he is decent, in an Arsenal shirt at least, because I heard he scored some goals for France in a kids' world cup or something.
What I meant was, he has shown potential in a few outings for us; I didn't mean he has done anything so far(which he hasn't). He did score some goals for his past club too, but this is a big step up for him. And I think he'll take 2-3 years more(if) to bring his potential out. Hence I think I signing of Abel Hernandez's caliber will help us in every regard. But if the boss has someone else lined up(who is even better than Hernandez for his age), I ain't complaining.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:38 pm

Flashes of a young Thierry Henry everytime I watch him play. Here's a compilation of him :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oX6Mz2DW4M
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:13 am

I can see his potential.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:29 am

I'd be inclined to get Abel just for his dancing, haha! plus Abel sounds like a very punable name which is always a good thing.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Jason Morrison wrote:I'd be inclined to get Abel just for his dancing, haha! plus Abel sounds like a very punable name which is always a good thing.

Did you just...?
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:44 pm

There is a lot of talk surrounding Arsenal and the need for Arsene Wenger to bring in a new striker in January. Olivier Giroud has been the main man upfront and he needs some help if we are to continue pushing for the Premier League title and also mount a serious Champions League run; one striker will simply not cut it.

Arsenal continue to be linked with all names for strikers but Arsene Wenger has dropped the biggest hint yet that he will make move for Greek forward Konstantinos Mitroglou in the winter transfer window, by admitting that he cannot overlook him.

Reports in French newspaper Le 10 Sport suggest that Wenger is an admirer of the 25-year old striker and can not rule out looking at him as a transfer option.

“As the Greek league is less on the front of the stage, there is less talk of Mitroglou. It is discovered that when playing international matches. At Arsenal, it is well known since played the Olympiakos in the Champions League,” Wenger is quoted as having said.

“He is a true finisher.

“He must try to evolve to a higher level to see if it is really capable of. In any case, all the major European clubs will certainly be alert. When you look at his statistics, we can not neglect.”

It is being suggested that Mitroglou would cost around €8million which would be a giveaway for a player of his quality. Other potential signings like Benzema, Suarez or Benteke would cost much more than that.

Let us hope that Wenger does make a serious move for the Greek striker in January as Liverpool are also said to be interested in signing him. The downside of signing Mitroglou would be that he is cup tied in the Champions League as he has already played for Olympiakos this season

http://www.thegooner.com/2013/11/29/arsene-wenger-hints-at-which-striker-he-may-sign-in-january-2/

Mitroglou is one of those names where I think I have probably heard it before but I have no idea about the guy. Obviously done enough to impress Wenger but like Wenger also said, he hasn't done it on the next level yet.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:11 am

I have seen him on score sheets quite a lot, but I have no clue if he is any good, or even what he looks like.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:34 am

14 goals in 10 league games this season (11 in 25 last season). 3 goals in 4 games in Champions League this seasons.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:47 am

From what I've seen of him, he's not the most skillfull player but he's a goal getter, a really good finisher and a bloody strong player. Uses his body well to get his way around his marker. Would be happy with him.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next