Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer transfer window 2013

+34
Sivaram Sukumar
Ravneet Singh
Ashraf Peeran
Marko Maksimović
chris eades
Subrat Koirala
deep.gurung
Mohamed Samir
Aseem Bajpai
Andreas Wæhre
Dan Hakim
kique.canto
Joey Schwab
pwoodman1
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Jenson Pais
Michael Schatzky
Samritpal Singh
Meshaal
Mario
Jonathan Prendergast
Vijay Saibola
Kevin C.A.
cozypilo
ralph avedikian
John Foxall
Hisham El Mawan
Jenks1981
Vanig Bostanian
Chris Chan
jason.mandryk
Jason Morrison
Mike York
Michael Foster
38 posters

Page 21 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next

Go down

Summer transfer window 2013  - Page 21 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2013

Post by deep.gurung Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:24 am

we need defenders now ..... the other clubs are going squeeze everything they can out of us hahaha if we needed players before ... we are desperate for signings now, can't predict how bad the injuries are but shite, we just got a rope tied around our necks and santa claus is busy
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:04 am

deep.gurung wrote:we need defenders now ..... the other clubs are going squeeze everything they can out of us hahaha if we needed players before ... we are desperate for signings now, can't predict how bad the injuries are but shite, we just got a rope tied around our necks and santa claus is busy
the most true fact i have seen all day...could have gone for fellani..clause is now up,will cost big money to land him...williams we could have had....now swansea will get bags more for him than we thought....

bad times.

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:53 pm

Sky sources report that Arsenal have made a bid for Newcastle's highly-rated French midfielder Yohan Cabaye.

The Gunners' Premier League season began unpromisingly with a 3-1 home loss to Aston Villa at the Emirates on Saturday and boss Arsene Wenger has been criticised for not strengthening his squad this summer.

But Wenger has made it clear he does expect to make signings before the transfer window closes at the end of the month and Cabaye has now emerged as a key target.

The 27-year-old has been linked with several clubs over the summer, notably French champions Paris Saint Germain.

And Arsenal have now entered the running for the French international, who joined Newcastle from Lille in the summer of 2011 and helped the Magpies to finish fifth in the Premier League that season.

Newcastle did not fare so well last term, perhaps in part because Cabaye, who has been capped 23 times by France, had to miss some time due to injury.

His new suitors Arsenal attempted to make a foray into the transfer market earlier this summer but failed to land Liverpool forward Luis Suarez after lodging a well-publicised £40m + £1 bid.

And the pressure on Wenger to spend has increased following the news that the Arsenal Supporters Trust have released a statement saying it would be 'inappropriate' to offer the long-serving boss a new contract.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:00 am

John Foxall wrote:Park was quite clearly a panic buy. The boss didn't even seem to want to use him. As for someone like Santos, it was a gamble, but a poorly thought-through gamble. Someone like Chamakh, much like Bendtner before him, simply wasn't the calibre of play we need to improve us.

We were led on by Suarez's agent no? So we wasted time on an impossible target. Either that or it was one of these symbolic attempts to sign a player that wasn't carried through like it was critical. Aren't we just going to see Wenger come out and say: "Oh well, I tried", with someone in the board room adding "if there's value Wenger will sign".
But Park was no worse than Chamahk in the end. So whether park was a panic buy, and whether he was worse because he was a panic is debatable.

The Suarez situation is quite similar to RVP. United acted no quicker to secure RVP than we have with Suarez. There is an element of these things playing out, and only so much you can force. RVP had refused to negotiate a contract and decided to run his contract down so he could force a move if he wanted to. We bid 30m for Suarez, then obviously received a hint to go over 40m to make it happen. I am hopeful we get him, but there is only so much we can control.

Now, Benteke would be handy!
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:07 am

Cabaye would be an excellent signing.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:06 am

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:Cabaye would be an excellent signing.
agreed..its if newcastle will want to sell and they know we have big money to spend..prob gonna cost around 13-15m for him...hopefully this is the start of the influx of players....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:40 am

Benteke, Ba or any other dynamic forward would have been a good buy.

Cabaye sounds good in principle, but do we really need him? Anyway, we're at the stage where we're unlikely to get clubs in our own league to sell us one of their key players.

What with Djourou going we needed another centre-back in the first place. Another example of us not getting going in the transfer market.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:50 am

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:But Park was no worse than Chamahk in the end. So whether park was a panic buy, and whether he was worse because he was a panic is debatable.

The Suarez situation is quite similar to RVP. United acted no quicker to secure RVP than we have with Suarez. There is an element of these things playing out, and only so much you can force. RVP had refused to negotiate a contract and decided to run his contract down so he could force a move if he wanted to. We bid 30m for Suarez, then obviously received a hint to go over 40m to make it happen. I am hopeful we get him, but there is only so much we can control.

Now, Benteke would be handy!
I fail to see the use of comparing Park and Chamakh. Park was a strange, possibly panic buy who was of no use at all.

As for van Persie, we didn't have to sell him. He was our best player and what have we done with the money from his sale to justify losing his ability? He signed the contract when he could barely get on the pitch due to injuries, why not make him stick to it? Liverpool won't sell Suarez to us.

This is not the time to be buying. Mertesacker and Arteta have been good signings, but it's quite obviously advantageous to sign players in time for them to have a full pre-season with us. Certainly not after an opening-day defeat like we had this year.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:29 am

its monday. the defeat was on saturday and the next game is on wednesday. the feeling from saturday doesn't get any better ... usually after a defeat a day later i bounce back but not this time. the fact that the game on wednesday looms closer n closer and no solution to our threadbare defence in the horizon is just horrifying and depressing. maybe bouldy can slide in for a makeshift c.b.
everyone wants wenger's head on a platter and but i want more, the whole backroom staff dealing with the transfer is to blame too. i have no idea how transfer dealings work but apart from wenger someone out there is not doing their job.
do we really have a backroom staff handling these negotiations, you don't just throw money at these players. sure the amount of zero on the paycheck makes a difference but they also need their ego to be stroked. along with a duvet filled with money they also want to be wanked to visions of football greatness. i completely agree with this blog here
http://ladyarse.co.uk/arsenal/2013/08/the-arsenal-seem-to-lack-organisation-and-direction-a-solution/
we really need a reshuffle in our backroom staff.
we never triggered fellaini contract clause, we are down to cabaye, bbc reports 10m hahaha i'm no businessman but if i was newcastle i wouldlaugh my ass off knowing i hold all the cards, either offer more money or piss off. and we have only us to blame. damn, i hate panic buys
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:45 am

Summer transfer window 2013  - Page 21 4uDTII5
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas Wæhre Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:50 am

Cabaye left out of the Newcastle Squad against city tonight! Not the world class player I was hoping for, but a very decent Squad-player!!

Andreas Wæhre
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:50 am

cabaye is not in the line up for tonights game nor on the bench..

could be some good news for us.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:28 am

BBC Radio 5 live are reporting that midfielder Yohan Cabaye, subject of a bid from Arsenal, travelled to Manchester for this match but then returned home as he was not in the right frame of mind to play. Worrying news for Newcastle.

Would the Magpies be able to face down a serious bid from the Gunners? And what would it mean for their season if they do take the money and lose the player?

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has said that Arsenal showed "disrespect" by making a bid for Yohan Cabaye in the hours before kick-off and adds that the Frenchman's subsequent unavailability had a massive bearing on the outcome of the match.

to my response of....

fuck off pardew and worry about staying out of the bottom 3 for the rest of the season...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:35 am

John Foxall wrote:Benteke, Ba or any other dynamic forward would have been a good buy.

Cabaye sounds good in principle, but do we really need him? Anyway, we're at the stage where we're unlikely to get clubs in our own league to sell us one of their key players.

What with Djourou going we needed another centre-back in the first place. Another example of us not getting going in the transfer market.
Definitely need a centre back.

I think we do need a holding mid like Cabaye, assuming I am correct and he can play holding mid. We have enough box-to-box and attacking mids (Wilshere, Cazorla, Rosicky, Ramsey, Ox, Diaby) but if Arteta is out, we really suffer in the defensive mid position.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:56 pm

Found this video of Dick Law from prior to working for Arsenal:

Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:10 pm

ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE ? ARE WE?
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:10 pm

ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE ? ARE WE?
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:45 pm

deep.gurung wrote:ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE ? ARE WE?

No we are not bloody there yet.....

Now eat your crisps and be a good boy...

Lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ArseHenry Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi all, new here.

Latest links:

Cabaye - Have always liked him and a great player no doubt, but top of our list? No.

Micah Richards - Thank you very much, excellent LB and CB cover.

Pogba - Have only seen glimpses of brilliance, but if he is that good maybe a better, stronger (DM) option than Cabaye.

Michu & Williams - Great additions IMO and what we need; ie. CB and striker.

ArseHenry
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:43 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:
John Foxall wrote:Benteke, Ba or any other dynamic forward would have been a good buy.

Definitely need a centre back.

I think we do need a holding mid like Cabaye, assuming I am correct and he can play holding mid. We have enough box-to-box and attacking mids (Wilshere, Cazorla, Rosicky, Ramsey, Ox, Diaby) but if Arteta is out, we really suffer in the defensive mid position.
Tiote plays the holding role for Newcastle. That I know of, Cabaye has always played with a sitter at Lille, Newcastle or for France.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:45 pm

ArseHenry wrote:Hi all, new here.

Latest links:

Cabaye - Have always liked him and a great player no doubt, but top of our list? No.

Micah Richards - Thank you very much, excellent LB and CB cover.

Pogba - Have only seen glimpses of brilliance, but if he is that good maybe a better, stronger (DM) option than Cabaye.

Michu & Williams - Great additions IMO and what we need; ie. CB and striker.
Micah Richards has suffered from lack of game time. I wonder how good a player he can still be.

Pogba won't move, Juventus aren't interested and have no reason to sell, much like Newcastle. In any case any creative midfielder, why would we be after Cabaye?

The Swansea pair seem credible but if we wanted to sign them we should've done it at the start of the window, not now we'll have to pay a fortune.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ArseHenry Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:54 pm

Agreed on Pogba and the Swansea duo, very frustrating.

On Richards, I think he can still be very good in any defensive position. But like I say, good cover. So say Sagna is out, pecking order will be Richards and then Jenkinson. Same with Kos, Mert & Verm - Richards.

ArseHenry
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:21 pm

cannot fault any on that list...would all be welcome additions,,,not quite world class as we were expecting...

and welcome arsehenry!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Manchester United are facing a fight with Arsenal for Marouane Fellaini, writes the Manchester Evening News.

Everton's refusal to officially put the block on either Fellaini or Leighton Baines' exits has alerted Arsenal, who haven't spent anything all summer.

The pressure is on Gunners' boss Arsene Wenger after an opening day 3-1 home defeat by Aston Villa. They had a £12m bid for Newcastle's midfielder Yohan Cabaye rejected yesterday and are now ready to join the battle for Fellaini.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ArseHenry Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:25 pm

Thanks Michael.

Yep, how I wish we could get our hands on Suarez.

ArseHenry
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next