Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer transfer window 2013

+34
Sivaram Sukumar
Ravneet Singh
Ashraf Peeran
Marko Maksimović
chris eades
Subrat Koirala
deep.gurung
Mohamed Samir
Aseem Bajpai
Andreas Wæhre
Dan Hakim
kique.canto
Joey Schwab
pwoodman1
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Jenson Pais
Michael Schatzky
Samritpal Singh
Meshaal
Mario
Jonathan Prendergast
Vijay Saibola
Kevin C.A.
cozypilo
ralph avedikian
John Foxall
Hisham El Mawan
Jenks1981
Vanig Bostanian
Chris Chan
jason.mandryk
Jason Morrison
Mike York
Michael Foster
38 posters

Page 12 of 28 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 28  Next

Go down

Summer transfer window 2013  - Page 12 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2013

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:09 am

Mata would be great. Can't imagine Chelsea selling to a rival.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:21 am

The Higuain deal is just about done.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by chris eades Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:30 am

Will love signing higuain he is top top top quality. Prefer him over jovetic any day of the week. Doubt we will get rooney, think higuain giroud podolski walcott will be enough firepower.

chris eades
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:52 am

There is nothing really concrete on Higuain, just the rumour sites getting excited.

The most substantive quote is from Juventus saying they were considering Jovetic, Higuain and Tevez, and have already bought Lorente. Seems they are backing away a bit from Higuain.

Hopefully we get Higuiain though. Would really make a big difference for us next season.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:59 am

In other news:
- Spurs may be chasing Roberto Soldada who scored 24 goals for Valencia last season
- Sagna is now saying he may sign a contract extension for Arsenal and he appreciates what the club and Wenger have done for him
- Apparently we made a late enquiry for Andy Carrol (WTF?)
- Benitez wants Koscielny at Napoli, in addition to Barca being interested. They can all F Off!
- Felliani...not sure what is happening
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:59 am

Wouldn't it be great if all the Arsenal players starting saying in the press that Cesc should come back home to Arsenal, and that he has Arsenal DNA?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Pepe Reina may leave Liverpool as they may sign Mignolet.

I really like SZCZ, but Reina would be perfect to come into the squad for a couple of seasons, mentor SZCZ, and then move on after.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:36 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:Pepe Reina may leave Liverpool as they may sign Mignolet.

I really like SZCZ, but Reina would be perfect to come into the squad for a couple of seasons, mentor SZCZ, and then move on after.

Yeah I like Szcz too but he would benefit from working with someone who has more experience than Fabianski and Mannone. Reina, Cesar etc can probably do this.

We saw last season when Szcz played bad he was dropped and to his credit he bucked up and did not moan. So if we were to get a new goalkeeper it would have to be someone who would not mind being on the bench every now and then though if the other goalkeeper is in better form.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:06 pm

The left-back thinks his former club mate has joined the Bernabeu outfit and possesses everything needed to succeed in the capital
Arsenal defender Nacho Monreal believes Malaga star Isco has finalised a deal to join Real Madrid.

The young attacker is the subject of a transfer tug-of-war between los Blancos and Manuel Pellegrini's Manchester City, with both teams vying for his signature to rebuild following failed title bids.

And Monreal, who played alongside Isco between 2011 to 2013 at La Rosaleda, says his compatriot has snubbed Pellegrini's approaches for a move to the Bernabeu.

"Isco has succeeded wherever he has gone. I believe he has already signed for Real Madrid and I'm sure he'll do very well because he is a great player," the 27-year-old told Marca.

"He may cost them, but together they will have opportunities and they will seize them."

A likely victim of los Blancos' revolution will be Gonzalo Higuain who has been tipped to join Arsenal this summer, with Monreal welcoming the striker to the Emirates with open arms.

"I would love it. Higuain is a part of football, and I always loved how he played for Real Madrid. He is a scorer and would be a reinforcement that we could really use," he continued.

The left-back thinks his former club mate has joined the Bernabeu outfit and possesses everything needed to succeed in the capital
Arsenal defender Nacho Monreal believes Malaga star Isco has finalised a deal to join Real Madrid.

The young attacker is the subject of a transfer tug-of-war between los Blancos and Manuel Pellegrini's Manchester City, with both teams vying for his signature to rebuild following failed title bids.

And Monreal, who played alongside Isco between 2011 to 2013 at La Rosaleda, says his compatriot has snubbed Pellegrini's approaches for a move to the Bernabeu.

"Isco has succeeded wherever he has gone. I believe he has already signed for Real Madrid and I'm sure he'll do very well because he is a great player," the 27-year-old told Marca.

"He may cost them, but together they will have opportunities and they will seize them."

A likely victim of los Blancos' revolution will be Gonzalo Higuain who has been tipped to join Arsenal this summer, with Monreal welcoming the striker to the Emirates with open arms.

"I would love it. Higuain is a part of football, and I always loved how he played for Real Madrid. He is a scorer and would be a reinforcement that we could really use," he continued.

"Arsenal are one of the biggest teams in England and this summer they are working towards good signings to break that [trophy-less] streak."

Despite not being a permanent fixture under former coach Jose Mourinho, Higuain still scored 16 goals in 28 Liga appearances as Madrid finished second last term.

The Argentine's goal record is also understood to have made him a target of Juventus.
Despite not being a permanent fixture under former coach Jose Mourinho, Higuain still scored 16 goals in 28 Liga appearances as Madrid finished second last term.

The Argentine's goal record is also understood to have made him a target of Juventus.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2013/06/23/4067508/monreal-isco-has-already-signed-for-madrid?ICID=HP_BN_6

As long as City don't get anyone better than Isco, I don't care where he goes, and we might not be linked with Higuain at all. The most important sentence in all this is: "Arsenal are one of the biggest teams in England and this summer they are working towards good signings to break that [trophy-less] streak."

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:43 pm

Higuain's father confirms talks between Real and Arsenal

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:05 am

According to Ben Fairthorne, Higuain is in London for a medical.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed Samir Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:36 am

Hisham El Mawan wrote:According to Ben Fairthorne, Higuain is in London for a medical.

Fairthorne is full of shit.
Mohamed Samir
Mohamed Samir
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:20 am

Why? For the M'Vila thing?

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed Samir Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:54 am

Not just M'vila, he just tweets fake transfer news to gain followers.
Mohamed Samir
Mohamed Samir
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:55 am

He's not the only one reporting it though. And I don't see Fairthorne tweeting anything fake recently, and he's careful to separate his opinion and rumors from facts. I feel that he gets a lot of undeserved shtick.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:42 am

Ben's had a few cock ups the past couple of years. Thing she seemed quite certain on did not eventually happen.

In this case, he is saying there are many reports about Higuain coming for a medical, not that he knows himself.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:33 am

Like I said, he's very careful about what he says. And everyone gets it wrong from time to time. That said, I try to keep in mind that nothing is final until it's on the official website.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:18 pm

Real Madrid become favourites for Cavani. Good news for us with respect to Higuain. They will be more likely to let him go if they get Cavani.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:47 pm

I know it's probably bullshit, but Dortmund are in for Podolski. Now if this story were true, would you sell him? For how much? Of course, if we are to get 20m plus, I'd sell him, but for the amount of money anyone is likely to pay for him, I'd rather not. He is a good finisher, scorer of important goals, experienced, and will probably get better in his second season.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:07 pm

Agree with you. If it is a really high price, or as part of an exchange for Lewandowski/Reus, then yes. But otherwise, keen to keep him for the reasons you've mentioned.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:21 pm

Hisham El Mawan wrote:He's not the only one reporting it though. And I don't see Fairthorne tweeting anything fake recently, and he's careful to separate his opinion and rumors from facts. I feel that he gets a lot of undeserved shtick.

Yeah the majority of stuff he tweets is accurate. And most of the time like you say he does seperate himself from the stories and reports on things that are being reported on by others. I trust him more than most people who tweet transfer news on twitter.

And I agree on Podolski too. If we got 20+ for him or he was used to lure someone betetr than sure. But he is a good squad player to have so I'd rather keep him. He works hard on the left in defence and attack, scores and assists a fair share, has experience and from what I read in interviews he seems to be a very much liked member of the squad by other players. I was also happy he never moaned towards the end of last season when he was on the bench a lot. If he is happy to stay then I am happy to keep him.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed Samir Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:24 am

Mohamed Samir
Mohamed Samir
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:37 am

Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:23 pm

How do they talk as if they really know about it? Some shit job making up stories, saying the same as everyone else, and writing in a way that you really believe what you made up is true.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:03 pm

The thing is some of those may be true. It is tough to know. Jovetic may have been in London and M'Vila was thought to be very very close to signing for us. Not just thought that by him but by a lot of media outlets. It is easy to pick out a lot of wrong information from anyone no matter how big they are such as Dailymail, BBC etc they all do it.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 28 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 28  Next