Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer transfer window 2013

+34
Sivaram Sukumar
Ravneet Singh
Ashraf Peeran
Marko Maksimović
chris eades
Subrat Koirala
deep.gurung
Mohamed Samir
Aseem Bajpai
Andreas Wæhre
Dan Hakim
kique.canto
Joey Schwab
pwoodman1
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Jenson Pais
Michael Schatzky
Samritpal Singh
Meshaal
Mario
Jonathan Prendergast
Vijay Saibola
Kevin C.A.
cozypilo
ralph avedikian
John Foxall
Hisham El Mawan
Jenks1981
Vanig Bostanian
Chris Chan
jason.mandryk
Jason Morrison
Mike York
Michael Foster
38 posters

Page 7 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Go down

Summer transfer window 2013  - Page 7 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2013

Post by Hisham El Mawan Mon May 20, 2013 3:05 pm

If you thought that Rooney story was garbage, listen to this nonsense:

RT's Inside Man ‏@Real_Transfers 17 May
Arsenal are close to securing the services of Norwich striker Grant Holt, who is keen on the move. #ITK #NeverWrong #NCFC #AFC #YoureWelcome

Arsenal could also sign Swansea midfielder Wayne Routledge, as Wenger seeks to improve his attack. #AFC #Swans #ITK #YoureWelcome #TheBest

The guy acts like Arsene himself is his source, but this is honestly the most outlandish transfer speculation I've ever heard involving us.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon May 20, 2013 3:12 pm

Hisham El Mawan wrote:If you thought that Rooney story was garbage, listen to this nonsense:

Arsenal are close to securing the services of Norwich striker Grant Holt, who is keen on the move. #ITK #NeverWrong #NCFC #AFC #YoureWelcome

Arsenal could also sign Swansea midfielder Wayne Routledge, as Wenger seeks to improve his attack. #AFC #Swans #ITK #YoureWelcome #TheBest

The guy acts like Arsene himself is his source, but this is honestly the most outlandish transfer speculation I've ever heard involving us.
Hahahahaha let's get every average/less than average player in the league to "strengthen" our squad. Seriously, if we are to pay any money for these names, I'd rather have Eisfeld, Afobe, and Miquel start for us next season.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Mon May 20, 2013 4:06 pm

Vanig Bostanian wrote:
Hisham El Mawan wrote:If you thought that Rooney story was garbage, listen to this nonsense:

Hahahahaha let's get every average/less than average player in the league to "strengthen" our squad. Seriously, if we are to pay any money for these names, I'd rather have Eisfeld, Afobe, and Miquel start for us next season.

Right? Gotta give the man props though, it takes some balls to even utter this kind of horseshit in the public eye.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon May 20, 2013 5:06 pm

He's taking the piss surely?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon May 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Napoli manager has quit after 4 years despite them coming 2nd this year. Will probably move to a bigger club in Serie A, maybe Roma.

A chance for Cavani to jump ship?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon May 20, 2013 8:16 pm

maybe just maybe....i just hope wenger get straight out there and gets what we need...rather than looking for second best...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Tue May 21, 2013 12:13 am

Guy's lets not get ahead of ourselves. Even with our new commercial deals, we're never gonna go for the likes of Falcao and Cavani, these are guys who everyone values at £50mil. I think we'll break our transfer record this season but not by anywhwre near that much. We'll probablly but a £20mill player though, time to break the piggy bank and use some of those pennies.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue May 21, 2013 10:17 am

I get the impression that 2 years ago, Wenger was willing to match Chelsea on price for Mata of 27m pounds. But he wouldn't match the wages offered by Chelsea.

This window, for some reason, I get the impression there is a big loosening of the purse strings.

I agree that 50m is unrealistic, but anything under that is possible IMO.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue May 21, 2013 7:54 pm

Stan Kroenke has given the go-ahead for Arsenal to increase their wage bill to help the club become title contenders next season. Arsenal are determined to sign at least three star players — a keeper, a holding midfielder and a striker — and manager Arsene Wenger has been given at least £70million for transfer fees by Kroenke, the club’s majority shareholder. Lukas Podolski and Theo Walcott are the top earners on around £100,000 a week but the club would be willing to offer £150,000 a week for the right player.

Blank cheque: Arsene Wenger is to be given his greatest ever transfer kitty

Chief executive Ivan Gazidis said: ‘Mr Kroenke has made it clear that our ultimate objective is to win major trophies. We all share that ambition. Arsene and I have been planning what we need to do.’ The increased spend on wages will be helped by a summer clear-out, which could save £18m a season in salaries. Andrey Arshavin, Johan Djourou, Sebastien Squillaci, Nicklas Bendtner, Marouane Chamakh, Park Chu-young, Denilson and Andre Santos can all leave and Sportsmail understands the club will also consider offers for Thomas Vermaelen and Gervinho.

Incoming? Arsene Wenger wants Gonzalo Higuain or Stevan Jovetic to spearhead next season's attack

In his hunt for a striker, Wenger is looking at Real Madrid’s Gonzalo Higuain and Fiorentina’s Stevan Jovetic. Talks with Fiorentina are under way, and there is a growing interest in Higuain after Madrid made it clear they would consider selling him this summer. It remains to be seen if the new wage budget at Arsenal will be enough to lure their dream signing Wayne Rooney, who earns £250,000 a week at Manchester United.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue May 21, 2013 7:58 pm

All this transfer talk has me purring like a kitten.....I strongly feel we are starting laying the foundations for winning the title next season.....and I am that confident we will I am off to place a nice huge bet on it......

I shall be posting the results lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Wed May 22, 2013 4:44 am

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/05/21/3995044/sanogo-relishing-summer-move-to-arsenal

Yaya Sanogo basically comtirms he'll be our first summer recruit. 20 year old, 1.91m tall striker, scored 9 goals in just 12 appearences this past season for Auxerre in Ligue 2. Good to get in another young striker, seems to be relatively prolific. Think there might be a battle between him and Joel Cambell as to who will make the team next season, on of them probably won't make it with us. Now, more Please Mr.Wenger.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed May 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Jason Morrison wrote:http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/05/21/3995044/sanogo-relishing-summer-move-to-arsenal

Yaya Sanogo basically comtirms he'll be our first summer recruit. 20 year old, 1.91m tall striker, scored 9 goals in just 12 appearences this past season for Auxerre in Ligue 2. Good to get in another young striker, seems to be relatively prolific. Think there might be a battle between him and Joel Cambell as to who will make the team next season, on of them probably won't make it with us. Now, more Please Mr.Wenger.
I am happy to get a young promising striker, but we could do with an established 25-year-old.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed May 22, 2013 7:29 pm

Well that's it...done 30 quid on arsenal at 18-1 to win the title!!

Lol.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Wed May 22, 2013 8:21 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1646909-arsenal-10-transfer-targets-for-arsene-wenger-this-summer

Get me a few of these guys!

Sanogo
Rooney
Hummels
Higuain
Jovetic
Julio Cesar
Strootman
Gonalons
Piszczek
Capoue

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri May 24, 2013 9:18 am

Isco on the move..
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas Wæhre Fri May 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Apparently agreed terms with Williams from Swansea. Not seen to much of him, only playing against Arsenal. If he is brought in to replace Squillaci, Ill be very happy about this signing, giving us 4 good central defenders. However, if this is a sign Vermaelen is on his way out the door, I`m not too pleased.

I`m going for the first case, I find it very unlikely Wenger are willing to sell Vermaelen, having just sign a new deal with Arsenal, and captaining for us this season. Its very un-Wenger-like to throw a player out because he hits some bad form.

Williams would be a Arsene signing (apart from being 28yrs). I say do it!

Andreas Wæhre
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri May 24, 2013 8:13 pm

I don't really care to belive to much about TV leaving....I think its all bollocks to be honest.....as for the signing or apparent one...could be a good deal....

Would hope that they start thrashing out the deals for the guns sooner....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri May 24, 2013 10:46 pm

Arsenal are on the brink of making Swansea captain Ashley Williams their first signing of the summer.

Williams has caught the eye of both Arsenal and Liverpool with his assured performances in the Swans’ back-line over the past two seasons, leading the south Wales side to successive mid-table finishes and this season’s Capital One Cup.

But it was thought both clubs may have been priced out of a move after Swansea slapped a £10m price tag on the 28-year-old’s head, in a bid to keep their star man at the Liberty Stadium.

Thomas Vermaelen has spent a lot of time on the substitutes bench towards the end of the season (Picture: Getty)
However it now appears Arsene Wenger is prepared to stump up the cash as he looks to build a squad capable of challenging on multiple fronts next season, after the Gunners squeezed into the final Champions League spot ahead of Spurs this term.

The move could see centre-back Thomas Vermaelen leave the Emirates this summer, with the Arsenal skipper struggling to break into the side in the latter stages of the season – a challenge which would prove even greater with the arrival of Williams.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sat May 25, 2013 3:30 am

Seems like Arsenal have been in touch about Benteke!
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sat May 25, 2013 7:10 am

Cannot see the Williams thing and definately cannot see the Benteke thing.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Sat May 25, 2013 7:25 am

A French newspaper has reported that Gervinho may be going to Lyon for 14 million euros.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sat May 25, 2013 8:24 am

Hisham El Mawan wrote:A French newspaper has reported that Gervinho may be going to Lyon for 14 million euros.

Oh please let this be true. I will praise whoever it is that manages to sell Gervinho for that much!
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat May 25, 2013 2:37 pm

Jason Morrison wrote:
Hisham El Mawan wrote:A French newspaper has reported that Gervinho may be going to Lyon for 14 million euros.

Oh please let this be true. I will praise whoever it is that manages to sell Gervinho for that much!
That's probably bullshit. Who would pay that much for Gervinho?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Sat May 25, 2013 5:55 pm

Vanig Bostanian wrote:
Jason Morrison wrote:

That's probably bullshit. Who would pay that much for Gervinho?

Don't know, but here's the article I found about it: http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/arsenal-striker-gervinho-s-14m-move-to-lyon-is-front-page-news-in

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Sat May 25, 2013 9:10 pm

I've read in a few places over the last week about a Gervinho + cash deal with Maxime Gonalons. So taking that along with the 14m rumour I wouldn't be surprised if Lyon do want him. Just depends how much they want him.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next