Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January transfers

+32
Jenson Pais
Vijay Saibola
Sami Rockfeller
Joey Schwab
dbruce5
Liam Bermingham
kdunn
Alex Hadjicharalampous
deepgrg
David Hung
jingus
chris eades
John Foxall
Michael Schatzky
Mario
vyom.chaudhary
Chris Chan
Darcy Gorman
Jason Morrison
Michael Foster
rschalala
Marko Maksimović
Jonathan Prendergast
Vanig Bostanian
Jenks1981
ralph avedikian
Subrat Koirala
Mike York
Meshaal
pwoodman1
Hisham El Mawan
Mohamed Samir
36 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

January transfers - Page 3 Empty Re: January transfers

Post by ralph avedikian Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:04 am

vyom.chaudhary wrote:random question...who was that guy on twitter who broke the cazorla news first?and almost every arsenal fan was in awe of him

I think he left twitter recently. It was @AFCAMDEN.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:51 am

Jason Morrison wrote:Wenger probably won't move for him, we won't buy anyone in fact cause the boss will believe Henry will be enough... When was the last time Wenger signed someone the fans really wanted and got excited about? Arshavin? Must be the only one since '06...

Not to mention huntelaar isn't a touch and go striker, he's more like giroud but more clinical, and the boss will consider that we already have Giroud.

Never struck me as the "Giroud sort" ie a target man who can actually play a bit of football and score goals as well (more evident from videos of him during his time at Montpellier, the goals part).

I think Huntelaar is more of an out and out, clinical goal-scorer. Would welcome him with open arms.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Thing is we need strikers. We can't be choosers. In an ideal world, I'd prefer Cavani over Huntelaar, but right now, I'd take anyone of Huntelaar's quality. Taking off Giroud and replacing him with a DM when we are need of a goal is simply unacceptable.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:23 am

A strike force of Huntelaar (or Cavani), Giroud, Walcott, Podolski, Gervinho and Oxlade-Chamberlain (playing wide) is not half bad =)

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:32 am

Following our toothless performances in the last two matches, tribalfootball.com has seen it fit to link us with the following - Huntelaar, Fellaini, Goetze and Reina.

Just imagine if we actually managed to sign those four players!

(disclaimer : though chances of us signing even one of them are pretty slim to say the least)

40 million GBP should be able to do it.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by pwoodman1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:47 am

Goetze's buy out clause is £32 million apparently so can't see that happening, the other 3 would be within our budget but Everton would want £20 million + for Fellaini.
My personal favourite transfer rumour this week was us being linked to Stuart Downing!!!

pwoodman1
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:59 am

pwoodman1 wrote:Goetze's buy out clause is £32 million apparently so can't see that happening, the other 3 would be within our budget but Everton would want £20 million + for Fellaini.
My personal favourite transfer rumour this week was us being linked to Stuart Downing!!!

It will happen. Have faith Smile

As for the Stewart Downing rumour, priceless!

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:01 am

Imagine a fully fit Diaby alongside Fellaini in mid-field.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:08 am

pwoodman1 wrote:
I'd rather have Wenger and Pat Rice playing

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:15 am

Fellaini?! We really are in cloud Kukkoo land arent we guys...I love Fellaini, quite frankly he is playing in a better team at the moment and he probably knows that.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:29 am

Fellaini won't go anywhere in January; he knows and Everton know it's best for both parties to wait until the summer. And come the summer there will be a host of clubs in for him and quite probably they will include clubs who will offer more money/offer more chance of trophies/both.

But we need some players in January and I don't mean Henry. I mean, Henry can come again, he will offer more than some of the wasters we currently have on the books, but we need long term signings. And Wenger suggested the same last night to French media:

He said: 'This winter we will work very hard because we have some funds available. It could happen that we buy two players, but I cannot reveal the names.

'A loan [for Henry] is still a possibility, but we will still try to strengthen for the long term.

'Henry is the talent that you dream to have. He has fantastic physique, fantastic technique, a fantastic brain, all built together in one man. At the start he was not confident enough but he has gone on to show what a great player he is.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2240558/Arsene-Wenger-wants-Thierry-Henry-loan-PLUS-players-January.html#ixzz2DeKEsQLX

But we've heard all that before so I find it hard to get too excited.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:21 am

Fellaini would be a replacement for Diaby I'm guessing. We do have a small midfield and he would help on set pieces, not to mention his other strengths. I don't think he'd be a certainty in our 3 midfield places, but he would strengthen our 6 options there. That said, Mario, it sounds like you think his stocks have risen considerably and a few top clubs will be after him? I'm not so convinced.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:48 pm

Jenks1981 wrote:Fellaini?! We really are in cloud Kukkoo land arent we guys...I love Fellaini, quite frankly he is playing in a better team at the moment and he probably knows that.

That is the calibre of playing we should be aiming for, given our "standing" and financial strength. If we will actually be going for a playing of his level is highly debatable.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:53 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:Fellaini would be a replacement for Diaby I'm guessing. We do have a small midfield and he would help on set pieces, not to mention his other strengths. I don't think he'd be a certainty in our 3 midfield places, but he would strengthen our 6 options there. That said, Mario, it sounds like you think his stocks have risen considerably and a few top clubs will be after him? I'm not so convinced.

I personally think he could make his way into Manchester United or Chelsea's starting XI without too much difficulty. He also fairly good as a DM and more recently, in a more attacking role as well.

I believe we could sign him, January or in the summer, if we offer a fair price for him, not Wenger prices - 15-20 million gbp would not be paying over the odds for a player who would offer so much to our first team / squad.

I doubt Wenger will give up on Diaby just yet, if we were to make a bid for Fellaini (dreaming) I would hope it would be to take Ramsey or Couqelin's place in the squad (more dreaming).

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:53 pm

Meshaal wrote:
Jenks1981 wrote:Fellaini?! We really are in cloud Kukkoo land arent we guys...I love Fellaini, quite frankly he is playing in a better team at the moment and he probably knows that.

That is the calibre of playing we should be aiming for, given our "standing" and financial strength. If we will actually be going for a playing of his level is highly debatable.

I dont see what we can offer him that he hasnt already got, he will go to a club challenging for titles.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:44 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:That said, Mario, it sounds like you think his stocks have risen considerably and a few top clubs will be after him? I'm not so convinced.

I agree with Meshaal, I think he could play for Man Utd. Who have they got in midfield that is better than him at what he does? I can also see Chelsea moving for him. They could use him up front and with Lampard leaving/ageing they could use a goal-scoring central midfielder. Who knows.

It all depends on how we do this season. If we fail to get into the top 4, forget it. But even if we do get into the top 4 again, and it won't be higher than 3rd, and win nothing, why would he choose us over some of the potential other teams that may be in for him? Obviously we're still a big club who offer good wages compared to Everton (or teams like Spurs) but the teams who win things offer more.

It all depends who goes in for him, of course. Man Utd might just decide to go for Goetze for example (another player we have next to no chance of buying) and the other big clubs move elsewhere. A bit like with us and Cazorla. But it will take over 20M to get him, no way will it be less than that. Everton sold Rodwell for 12M rising to potentially 17M, they don't give up their assets cheaply.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:42 am

Enough of this mucking around with dwarfs and Spaniards.
In January I think we should buy Diame, Tiote, Fellaini and play them as our midfield 3.
If Fellaini is not available , maybe Diakite or Nzonzi.

Last edited by Michael Schatzky on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : speling)

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:34 am

I really dislike the midfield of Arteta, Wilshere and Cazorla. But a lack of muscle/physicality/dynamism has been a problem for years, A.W. simply refuses to address it.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:47 am

Arteta, Wilshire and Cazorla...all talented, all tidy, all good players, all very samey, no diversification, no different dimensions, no genuine pace, no genuine power, no natural bad ass defensive type, definately good at some things, definately no plan b, much like the entire time.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by chris eades Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:34 pm

Silent Stan has spent £80m on a new ranch in usa. That 80m would have been lovely spent on fellaini, huntelaar, reina, gotze and baines

chris eades
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed Samir Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:08 am

Llorente will move to Juventus in the summer.
Mohamed Samir
Mohamed Samir
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:34 am

chris eades wrote:Silent Stan has spent £80m on a new ranch in usa. That 80m would have been lovely spent on fellaini, huntelaar, reina, gotze and baines

Link?

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:48 am

Meshaal wrote:
chris eades wrote:Silent Stan has spent £80m on a new ranch in usa. That 80m would have been lovely spent on fellaini, huntelaar, reina, gotze and baines

Link?

I see this too today on BBC site....fucking takes the piss if you ask me....

This is EXACTLY why I don't want that fucker near our club.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by jingus Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:48 am

jingus
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:53 am

Cannot post the link as I am on my phone...but its all over the place here is the one from the daily mail....

Gunners chief Kroenke in £80m splurge... but let's hope he's got some change for Arsene after buying ranch the size of 71,000 Emirates Stadium pitches

By MATT FORTUNE

PUBLISHED: 21:00, 3 December 2012 | UPDATED: 23:34, 3 December 2012

On Saturday Arsenal fans marched against the perceived lack of financial muscle being flexed in the transfer market. How could a club with billionaire shareholders and some of the most expensive tickets in world football be unable to compete in the Premier League?News then, that 5,000 miles away American majority shareholder Stan Kroenke was putting the finishing touches to an £80million deal for a Montana ranch will not sit will with feuding fans. The billionaire businessman has purchased the 124,000 acre site - enough to fit 71,000 Emirates Stadium pitches - in the Rocky Mountains, a fitting location considering the indifferent form of his team and the size of the task facing them if they are to maintain their place among England and
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next