Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January transfers

+32
Jenson Pais
Vijay Saibola
Sami Rockfeller
Joey Schwab
dbruce5
Liam Bermingham
kdunn
Alex Hadjicharalampous
deepgrg
David Hung
jingus
chris eades
John Foxall
Michael Schatzky
Mario
vyom.chaudhary
Chris Chan
Darcy Gorman
Jason Morrison
Michael Foster
rschalala
Marko Maksimović
Jonathan Prendergast
Vanig Bostanian
Jenks1981
ralph avedikian
Subrat Koirala
Mike York
Meshaal
pwoodman1
Hisham El Mawan
Mohamed Samir
36 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

January transfers - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfers

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:05 am

That Goetze fellow, man what a gem he looks, great game against Ajax tonight... A guy can dream can't he...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:08 am

Jason Morrison wrote:That Goetze fellow, man what a gem he looks, great game against Ajax tonight... A guy can dream can't he...

Sad to think in one way....that once we signed bergkamp...BERGKAMP.....and now it truly as you put mostly a dream with others...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:17 am

True but Bergkamp was considered a flop when we signed him, same with Henry. Players who went to big clubs with huge potential but for one reason or another failed to impress and we signed them and made them into football gods. When was the last time we signed a player from another big club??
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by pwoodman1 Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:08 pm

Mikel Silvestre from utd Razz

pwoodman1
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:46 pm

pwoodman1 wrote:Mikel Silvestre from utd Razz
It's funny because it's actually true.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:47 pm

haha thats horrible, I'd like to imagine we never signed him(unfortunately we did)... Now that I think about it, Vieira and Overmars were also signed from big clubs and clubs, Vieira from milan and overmars from Ajax(prestigous club at the time). Our record with signing from big clubs in the 90's was impecable as those players were all very impressive for us. These days we can only dream anout taking players from big clubs.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:08 pm

Jason Morrison wrote:haha thats horrible, I'd like to imagine we never signed him(unfortunately we did)... Now that I think about it, Vieira and Overmars were also signed from big clubs and clubs, Vieira from milan and overmars from Ajax(prestigous club at the time). Our record with signing from big clubs in the 90's was impecable as those players were all very impressive for us. These days we can only dream anout taking players from big clubs.

All we would need is one....just one big signing to signal our intent.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:07 am

Michael Foster wrote:
Jason Morrison wrote:haha thats horrible, I'd like to imagine we never signed him(unfortunately we did)... Now that I think about it, Vieira and Overmars were also signed from big clubs and clubs, Vieira from milan and overmars from Ajax(prestigous club at the time). Our record with signing from big clubs in the 90's was impecable as those players were all very impressive for us. These days we can only dream anout taking players from big clubs.

I am not living in football manager world, but I honestly reckon we need 5 signings spread over the next two transfer windows.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:01 am

Meshaal wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:

I am not living in football manager world, but I honestly reckon we need 5 signings spread over the next two transfer windows.

I know we all say oh this and that...we want so an so....but..here is the but...

With the squad we have i think we need just three....a good back up for keeper a out an out defensive mid,and a left back

The left side channel is not being used as much as i would like partly because Gibbs has been out,Santos...well we all know of Santos..he needs replacing big time.....the defensive mid....well the choices are there to be had...same with back up keeper really...

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:05 am

Michael Foster wrote:
Meshaal wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:

I know we all say oh this and that...we want so an so....but..here is the but...

With the squad we have i think we need just three....a good back up for keeper a out an out defensive mid,and a left back

The left side channel is not being used as much as i would like partly because Gibbs has been out,Santos...well we all know of Santos..he needs replacing big time.....the defensive mid....well the choices are there to be had...same with back up keeper really...

Don't see why Wenger isn't interested in M'Vila. Being banned from international football will surely make him an appealing prospect; a much lower price tag, and we all know how Arsene despises international breaks. And besides, I'm sure the boss can deal with whatever attitude problem there is. And I still think we should go for Llorente.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcy Gorman Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:21 am

I just don't see a defensive mid coming in unfortunately, it would kill Coq and Frimmy, both of whom I think Wenger has in his future plans. As for our shortness in midfield options in general, I can see Wenger gambling (again) on the fitness of Diaby and Rosicky. When fit, both are excellent players, but obviously they haven't been fit enough for long enough.

I will get some stick for this, mostly because we've seen the gamble backfire this season, but I think Wenger was right (and no, I'm not saying it's been successful) to gamble on the fitness of those two, especially Rosicky. He basically played an entire injury free campaign last year, and was absolutely excellent when given an extended run in his preferred position, so there was no evidence to suggest that anything to the contrary was going to happen this season. As for Diaby, by all reports he was fit as fuck in pre season and has never looked better, again I can imagine nothing but positive reports from the medico staff to Wenger on his health and potential for an injury free season. He looked great early on, no one can deny that.

Obviously, I can't argue that the gamble was successful, but I do think he was right to make the gamble. I know a lot of you will say regardless of the fitness of Diaby in preseason etc, he's injury prone and shouldn't be relied upon, but I think there's just a good a chance as him having an injury free, break out season then there was of him breaking down again. I think a massive part out of it is just pure luck, as it was with RVP.

Aside from all that, I honestly don't see who or where we're going to sign.

Darcy Gorman
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:31 am

Seems to be a reasonable amount of rumours regarding an interest in Cavani.

Been hearing alot about this guy lately but never seen him play, how does he compare to the likes of Falcao, Llorente, Huntelaar, Lewandowski or even Benzema?

Out of all of these players, I feel maybe only Falcao is really out of our reach - if the board has its priorities right.

Edit - My point was, there are alot of options out there should the board / Wenger be willing to spend.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:16 am

Darcy Gorman wrote:I just don't see a defensive mid coming in unfortunately, it would kill Coq and Frimmy, both of whom I think Wenger has in his future plans. As for our shortness in midfield options in general, I can see Wenger gambling (again) on the fitness of Diaby and Rosicky. When fit, both are excellent players, but obviously they haven't been fit enough for long enough.

I will get some stick for this, mostly because we've seen the gamble backfire this season, but I think Wenger was right (and no, I'm not saying it's been successful) to gamble on the fitness of those two, especially Rosicky. He basically played an entire injury free campaign last year, and was absolutely excellent when given an extended run in his preferred position, so there was no evidence to suggest that anything to the contrary was going to happen this season. As for Diaby, by all reports he was fit as fuck in pre season and has never looked better, again I can imagine nothing but positive reports from the medico staff to Wenger on his health and potential for an injury free season. He looked great early on, no one can deny that.

Obviously, I can't argue that the gamble was successful, but I do think he was right to make the gamble. I know a lot of you will say regardless of the fitness of Diaby in preseason etc, he's injury prone and shouldn't be relied upon, but I think there's just a good a chance as him having an injury free, break out season then there was of him breaking down again. I think a massive part out of it is just pure luck, as it was with RVP.

Aside from all that, I honestly don't see who or where we're going to sign.

I agree with you on this. We saw in the early season why Wenger has stuck with Diaby.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:30 am

Meijer says Arsenal boss Wenger will get Huntelaar in January

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/meijer-says-arsenal-boss-wenger-will-get-huntelaar-january-3653391#LkZSoK37lmyxw0zL.99

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wants to sign Schalke contract rebel Klaas-Jan Huntelaar in January.

The Daily Mail says despite spending £24million on Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud in the summer, Arsene Wenger is in the market for another forward and is understood to have been impressed by Huntelaar.

The 29-year-old former Ajax, Real Madrid, and AC Milan striker has scored in both Schalke’s Champions League ties against the Gunners this season.

Former Holland striker Erik Meijer, a TV pundit whose agent Arnold Oosterveer now represents Huntelaar, believes his fellow Dutchman is bound for the Emirates in January.

"According to the information I have, Huntelaar will be gone in the winter," said Meijer.

"Arsenal FC are the favourites to land him."

Yes please.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:41 am

I quite like Lewandowski, but any of the names thrown above would do for me. We are one muscle strain away from not having a proper striker.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:19 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote:I quite like Lewandowski, but any of the names thrown above would do for me. We are one muscle strain away from not having a proper striker.

Very soon we could end up with a strike-force of - Podolski, Giroud, Walcott, Gervinho + Cavani / Huntelaar / Llorente / Lewandowski

or

Podolski, Giroud, Gervinho, Chamakh + Arshavin.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:04 am

Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne
#Cavani agents putting quotes out in press because City and Chelsea no longer interested. #Arsenal have a real chance if they want him.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Anyone thinks we can get him? I honestly can't see it, although it would be a brilliant brilliant signing. Get Huntelaar for 6m too,switch to 4-4-2, win the quadruple.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcy Gorman Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:06 am

ralph avedikian wrote:Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne
#Cavani agents putting quotes out in press because City and Chelsea no longer interested. #Arsenal have a real chance if they want him.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Anyone thinks we can get him? I honestly can't see it, although it would be a brilliant brilliant signing. Get Huntelaar for 6m too,switch to 4-4-2, win the quadruple.

"win the quadruple"

Hahahahahaahahahahah just spat coffee on my screen, well played.

Darcy Gorman
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:34 am

hahaahhaha good jokes. Even with a decent striker (god I'd love Cavani but ain't going to happen), we are still a long way behind consistently challenging for titles

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:36 am

Coming from Ben Fairthorne... Taking that info with a good-sized pinch of salt.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed Samir Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Ben Fairthorne is full of shit.
Mohamed Samir
Mohamed Samir
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:18 pm

Won't happen!

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:02 am

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/schalke-striker-huntelaar-wants-arsenal-january-move-3657691

6 million GBP? Yes please! However, he is 28-29 now so something of a short term signing.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:26 am

Wenger probably won't move for him, we won't buy anyone in fact cause the boss will believe Henry will be enough... When was the last time Wenger signed someone the fans really wanted and got excited about? Arshavin? Must be the only one since '06...

Not to mention huntelaar isn't a touch and go striker, he's more like giroud but more clinical, and the boss will consider that we already have Giroud.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:40 am

random question...who was that guy on twitter who broke the cazorla news first?and almost every arsenal fan was in awe of him

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next