Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January transfers

+32
Jenson Pais
Vijay Saibola
Sami Rockfeller
Joey Schwab
dbruce5
Liam Bermingham
kdunn
Alex Hadjicharalampous
deepgrg
David Hung
jingus
chris eades
John Foxall
Michael Schatzky
Mario
vyom.chaudhary
Chris Chan
Darcy Gorman
Jason Morrison
Michael Foster
rschalala
Marko Maksimović
Jonathan Prendergast
Vanig Bostanian
Jenks1981
ralph avedikian
Subrat Koirala
Mike York
Meshaal
pwoodman1
Hisham El Mawan
Mohamed Samir
36 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

January transfers - Page 8 Empty Re: January transfers

Post by Jenks1981 Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:21 am

Why are we being offered M'Vila now? There must be something seriously wrong with his temperament, I dont want the next Adebayor thankyou.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:19 am

Meshaal wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:demba Ba has been struck out by Wenger......so it looks like the injuries are coming back and Wenger decides its enough........if he has struck off a player for 7.5m of that capacity then we have no chance signing anybody else......dead window looming.

I wouldn't say struck out as yet, the impression I got was Wenger said we haven't signed him yet.

Jamie Sanderson says we have been offered Yann M'vila for GBP 8 million. Who is this guy and why does his name sound so familiar?

The only thing I could say that might make it happen is the game coming up between us two....Wenger might be trying to keep all participants involved on a good note.....

Where did you see that about m'Vila fella?
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:20 am

Michael Foster wrote:
Meshaal wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:demba Ba has been struck out by Wenger......so it looks like the injuries are coming back and Wenger decides its enough........if he has struck off a player for 7.5m of that capacity then we have no chance signing anybody else......dead window looming.

I wouldn't say struck out as yet, the impression I got was Wenger said we haven't signed him yet.

Jamie Sanderson says we have been offered Yann M'vila for GBP 8 million. Who is this guy and why does his name sound so familiar?

The only thing I could say that might make it happen is the game coming up between us two....Wenger might be trying to keep all participants involved on a good note.....

On twitter, quite a few tweets since last night. For GBP 8 million, I would go for him, regardless of attitude. Footballers generally are an unfaithful lot, match his ambitions (any player's really) and they'll stick around.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:57 am

There are still alot of senior players at the club not contributing that id like to see shipped "if" they earn over the odds wages, starts in all comps so far;

Djourou - 2
Squillaci - 1
Arshavin -2
Chamakh -2

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:23 am

Jenks1981 wrote:There are still alot of senior players at the club not contributing that id like to see shipped "if" they earn over the odds wages, starts in all comps so far;

Djourou - 2
Squillaci - 1
Arshavin -2
Chamakh -2

Agreed....I can put them with another 4 at least I want off our books...I mean what the fuck is going on with danilson..why do we still have him...even if we don't pay his wages..just bloody give him to someone,realise him...whatever...just get rid...one thing I have not been able to wrap my head around with this club....just bloody give them away...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:25 am

Meshaal wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:
Meshaal wrote:

On twitter, quite a few tweets since last night. For GBP 8 million, I would go for him, regardless of attitude. Footballers generally are an unfaithful lot, match his ambitions (any player's really) and they'll stick around.

I have seen that doing the rounds as well as Ba's price could be as high as 10.3m now...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:13 pm

so apparently we have agreed terms with Zaha.
Djourou is in talks with Hannover 96
Villa is open to talk with us.

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:33 pm

vyom.chaudhary wrote:so apparently we have agreed terms with Zaha.
Djourou is in talks with Hannover 96
Villa is open to talk with us.

Seen a few bits on these item's flowing about today...

I think from what I have seen on zaha he has bundles of raw talent just waiting on being picked up by a big club to open him up..I won't joke I think he would do wonders at arsenal...not sure what to think of the villa deal tho....what is the wage he is after??
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:34 pm

Zaha looks very exciting on youtube atleast, cannot profess to having watched him play - though I'm sure the club has had him scouted numerous times and are better judges of technical ability than myelf :p

But he looks to be that "Ribery" sort of player to get the fans excited when he is on the ball.

If we do sign him, which might not be as straightforward as the hacks and twitterers would have us believe with Ferguson also sniffing around - how does this signing compare with the Reyes and Arshavin signings - in terms of potential and what the player brings to the table right now?

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:28 pm

Meshaal wrote:Zaha looks very exciting on youtube atleast, cannot profess to having watched him play - though I'm sure the club has had him scouted numerous times and are better judges of technical ability than myelf :p

But he looks to be that "Ribery" sort of player to get the fans excited when he is on the ball.

If we do sign him, which might not be as straightforward as the hacks and twitterers would have us believe with Ferguson also sniffing around - how does this signing compare with the Reyes and Arshavin signings - in terms of potential and what the player brings to the table right now?

Personally I think united will bag him but he would offer something different and dynamic in attack...he seams to deal with defensive duties well....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:08 pm

there was a tweet from former team mate of Zaha who is playing for Bury right now, congratulating Zaha on joining Arsenal

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:17 pm

AnonymousFC ‏@AnonymousFC0
Arsenal remain interested in David Villa. We understand Fabregas has recommended AFC to him and the player is keen. #AnonymousFC

Established1886 ‏@Established1886
Apparently David Villa would take a pay-cut to join Arsenal as long regular first team football is guaranteed.

Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal
Confirmed again that David Villa wants to join Arsenal FC in the January window. He is pushing for a move away from Barca to play football.

apparently Established1886 is afcamden's new account

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:04 am

Afcamden was the first to say we were interested in Cazorla

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:27 am

^ normally very very reliable....hmmm
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:32 am

World cup winning centre forwards don't move club in January. Whatever noise there is about Villa he surely won't move while he has a chance of winning all competitions with Barca this year.

As for Djourou, he is in the Squillaci/Chamakh bracket. He couldn't earn the same money anywhere else so he will stay put, eking out every pence of his contract. To think that he will move to some Bundesliga minnows is ridiculous, these players will not sacrifice money for playing time.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:07 am

We have also slapped in a bid for Adrian Lopez allegedly. It seems the strategy is to buy the entire Atletico Madrid team till Falcao begs to join us himself.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:49 am

Why not sign Falcao and leave the rest of the Atletico Madrid team?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:57 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote:Why not sign Falcao and leave the rest of the Atletico Madrid team?

Chelsea, United, City and Real would be sure to find out - and outbid us.

This is the only way we can sign both Falcao and Cavani :p

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:05 am

Zaha would fit our current mould of a young british core, he is raw but so have so many of our previous signings from the Championship ala Walcott and Chambo, very similar kind of signing, this is the first one I actually put stock in unlike Ba et all.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:29 am

Looks like Ba is set for Chelsea after all:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20890803
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by kdunn Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:03 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-andre-schurrle-remains-1513769

Why on earth do young players move to chelsea?! madness! Any one paying attention to how Marin has been doing?

kdunn
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:02 am

Why we have not gone for him at the price he is just stupid...and we continue with back up of Gervinho....yet another target will swan off into the arms of anther team..
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:33 am

Sturridge had gone to Liverpool for 12m I think. Good player even if he has a bit of an ego.

It's mental that for their last 9 British recruits (Sturridge, Allen, Henderson, Downing, Carrol, Adam, Shelvey, Johnson and Keane) they have spent 140-145m on them. What a joke.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:37 am

And apparently the agent fees for Ba's move is almost as much as the 7.5m asking price. Another joke if true (I read a couple days ago the agents wanted 5m). Plus then Ba apparently wants a big signing-on fee. I reckon the overall fee will more likely be 15-20m than 7.5m.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:48 am

So Ba's transfer turned out to be much more than 7.5m and we won't get him. I really do not think we will get a defensive midfielder. Arteta has adjusted very well to this role and I feel he doesn't get the credit he deserves. Plus Diaby is coming back (I know he is not a DM) and Coquelin will surely get his chance.

I expect 2 players, probably offensive ones and rumours are that Theo agreed a 4 year extension worth 90k a week.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next