Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January transfers

+32
Jenson Pais
Vijay Saibola
Sami Rockfeller
Joey Schwab
dbruce5
Liam Bermingham
kdunn
Alex Hadjicharalampous
deepgrg
David Hung
jingus
chris eades
John Foxall
Michael Schatzky
Mario
vyom.chaudhary
Chris Chan
Darcy Gorman
Jason Morrison
Michael Foster
rschalala
Marko Maksimović
Jonathan Prendergast
Vanig Bostanian
Jenks1981
ralph avedikian
Subrat Koirala
Mike York
Meshaal
pwoodman1
Hisham El Mawan
Mohamed Samir
36 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

January transfers - Page 5 Empty Re: January transfers

Post by Jenks1981 Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:03 pm

Yeah drop him and loan him out to someone, that'll do wonders for his confidence and for how he sees his future with us. Maybe we should try playing him in his actual position rather than shoehorning into a right sided forward or playing as part of this weird 3 man midfield, which we have totally wrong. 3 static players, no one running off the ball, what is the point, play 2 forwards and people where they actually play, Ramsey has talent but his biggest fault is losing concentration and possesion when he has it, if he didnt have 9 other outfield players standing still when he had the ball he would dwell on it and lose it, we cant even achieve the basics of pass and move anymore.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:34 am

He played a lot of games in his position this season as well as out wide, and still didn't perform so it is not an excuse. Anyway I am sure Wenger is the best when it comes to developing young talents so if he plays him out wide then I think it is because he sees it as a position that may help him improve somehow. ( I don't see it personally).

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:58 am

Ba/Huntelaar/Cavani/Falcao, M'Vila, and Isco/Strootman. Is that so much to ask, Arsene?

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been given "considerable resources" to spend in the January transfer window, Arsenal Supporters' Trust have been told.

The AST met the club's chief executive Ivan Gazidis on Wednesday evening to discuss Arsenal's poor season.

"There is plenty of money there," said Trust spokesman Tim Payton. "That was the message that Ivan and his finance director were giving this evening."

The Gunners exited the Capital One Cup with defeat at Bradford on Tuesday.

Arsenal supporters wanted answers as to why Wenger had been reluctant to spend money on new players and 100 fans met with Gazidis to voice their concerns.

"He stayed for over two hours," said Payton. "He apologised for the result [at Bradford] and said it was not good enough and had to be better.

"The Arsenal fans were dissatisfied with the strength of the squad and particularly don't understand whether there were resources to be used.

"I specifically raised this with the finance director and his colleague and they were in no doubt there is considerable resources available to the manager ready to spend when he has identified the players he wants to sign.

"It's crystal clear that Arsenal fans need to wait until January for Arsene Wenger to use the cheque book he has been given well."

Arsenal currently find themselves seventh in the Premier League but the Trust believe Wenger should be given the chance to take the club forward if he spends wisely in January.

"Lots of people have asked me whether Arsene Wenger should go," added Payton.

"He certainly needs to change and improve, spend the money he's got, strengthen the set-up around him and the results will be the judge."

Well...here we go again,book is open who will we bring in....this said why does it always have to involve a monumental fuck up to correct already what most see as wrong....
If we are going to shop in the window then please please please Wenger get rid of all the dead wood first.....its only going to free up more money.....give them away if you have to!!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:22 pm

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:14 am

I want El-Shaarawy from Milan. Better than Ba, Huntelaar and maybe just as good as Lewandowski although younger.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:34 am

He's bloody crap!

Lewandowski is clinical, we need that.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:39 am

He is the serie A's top scorer till now, at 20. How is this crap I will never know. Maybe Lewandowski is better but all the big clubs are after him so I can't see it.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:43 am

Both out of our "league".

Even Huntelaar is more keen on Inter now according to his agent - allegedly.

Ba is our most realistic target and he got dodgy knees.

Yipee.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:46 am

Ba is the only striker in that list who is proven in the premiership. For me that puts him at the top of the list

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:52 am

Chris Chan wrote:Ba is the only striker in that list who is proven in the premiership. For me that puts him at the top of the list

Definitely rate him ahead of Gervinho and Chamakh Very Happy

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:52 am

Demba Ba, has it really come to this?

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:26 am

Newcastle striker Demba Ba has issued a ‘come and get me’ plea to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger ahead of next month’s transfer window opening.

The Arsenal manager is fully aware that he can land the Senegal striker for £7.5million due to a buy-out clause in his Newcastle contract.

Wenger is desperate for a proven Premier League striker after selling Dutch superstar Robin van Persie to Manchester United in the summer, while forwards Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh also depart for the African Nations Cup next month.

“I have nothing to say about those speculations [with Arsenal]. Nothing has happened”, Ba told Canal+.

“The media know Arsenal need another striker and they know about my release clause. They need to make their own mind up about it.

“Arsenal are one of those teams who makes you dream”.

Ba struck 16 times for Newcastle last season helping them secure European football for the first time since the 2006/07 season.

It will be interesting to see how committed Ba is when Arsenal come knocking – and for a measly £7.5million it could be a coup for Wenger if he decides to pursue the Senegalese in January.

http://goonertalk.com/2012/12/16/demba-ba-arsenal-are-one-of-these-teams-who-make-you-dream/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+goonertalk2+%28Gooner+Talk%29

He seems willing to join if we did go for him.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Ba would be a very useful signing for us.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed Samir Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Ba would be great actually. Proven in the prem and won't be expensive. I can't see any other realistic targets.
Mohamed Samir
Mohamed Samir
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Am I the only one who worries about this? granted Ba is decent, but he is pretty direct, no plan b with him...we could end up with a front three of;

PODOLSKI-BA-WALCOTT

Where is the creativity there? Against weaker teams thats good and their directness would be great, against teams like City and United where you need more craft, its just nowhere near good enough.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:55 pm

Jenks1981 wrote:Am I the only one who worries about this? granted Ba is decent, but he is pretty direct, no plan b with him...we could end up with a front three of;

PODOLSKI-BA-WALCOTT

Where is the creativity there? Against weaker teams thats good and their directness would be great, against teams like City and United where you need more craft, its just nowhere near good enough.

It is against the weaker teams I worry more. The bigger teams attack and we usually play better against sides who attack us as it opens the game out more. If we have a more direct approach against the weaker sides instead of passing it around with no ideas because they put every man behind the ball then I am happy for it.

Agree with the creativity thing. Van Persie was a goalscorer and a creator. Giroud seems good at assisting when played and Walcott can chip in with some assists, but the midfield need to step it up in that area.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:59 pm

Buying players is all well and good, just getting Walcott to sign an extention and playing him through the middle with Giroud, an old fashioned big guy and quick guy combo, could do us wonders.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:26 am

I'm torn over Walcott. I definately want him to stay but I'd only like to see him as a striker with two upfront. Like you say the Giroud/Walcott combo could be deadly but I don't think we will change the formation from one man upfront. And I don't think Walcott has it in him to play as a lone striker in a possession team. Out on the right he is very hit and miss but his goals/assists tally in recent seasons has usually been impressive. If we go two up top I'd like to see Walcott/Giroud, if we stay with one up top I'd prefer him on the right.

If Wenger ever did change the formation I reckon it'd only be to build a side around Wilshere.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by pwoodman1 Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:13 pm

pwoodman1
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:48 pm

Stopzilla! Awesome name for a defensive player.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:58 am

I just hope we don't go on a run of results over Christmas and into the new year and Wenger 'believes enough' not to buy anyone:....not that its happened before....oh wait...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:35 am

Jenks1981 wrote:Buying players is all well and good, just getting Walcott to sign an extention and playing him through the middle with Giroud, an old fashioned big guy and quick guy combo, could do us wonders.

That's what I was thinking! Again, why not shift over to a 4-3-1-2, Walcott and Giroud in the front with Cazorla playing behind them?

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:21 am

We've been linked to david villa, holy shit i'd jizz if we could get him. yeah yeah he's wrong side of 30 but i think he's still got it and would fit wonderfully into our team.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:03 pm

He wanted to come to us in 2008 before the Euros (where he became a hot-shot). We could have got him on the cheap.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next