Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Podolski...again...

+38
Andreas Wæhre
Nick Evans
Samritpal Singh
kdunn
Mario
DaveToffy
janelle.noel
Alejandro Perreira
Dan Hakim
Ravneet Singh
Justin Chew
Jason Morrison
OsamaMahfooz
Durrell
Yash
rschalala
Will.sheng
Jenson Pais
Sami Rockfeller
ShravanVBhat
Joey Schwab
vyom.chaudhary
Chris Chan
Vijay Saibola
Hisham El Mawan
McCarthyofcourse!!
ralph avedikian
Stephen Mitchell
Mike York
Christopher Flanagan
Jonathan Prendergast
Vanig Bostanian
Zaid Derweesh
Evan Mullins
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Michael Foster
ChippyBrady
Jenks1981
42 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Podolski...again... - Page 10 Empty Re: Podolski...again...

Post by Michael Foster Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:52 am

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:
What a dude

Ja! Dies ist, wie wir auf dem deutschen Block rocken!

Zurück mit einem anderen dieser Block rockende Beats!

xD
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Studentschnig Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:21 am

Michael Foster wrote:
Jonathan Prendergast wrote:
What a dude

Ja! Dies ist, wie wir auf dem deutschen Block rocken!

Zurück mit einem anderen dieser Block rockende Beats!

xD

just for the record: your german is atrocious haha. the first sentence makes sense, but what on earth were you trying to say with "Zurück mit einem anderen dieser Block rockende Beats!"? Very Happy
Elisabeth Studentschnig
Elisabeth Studentschnig
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:18 am

Back with another one of those block rocking beats!!

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Studentschnig Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:08 am

ohhh i see... makes sense now. i was confused because of the missing "n" at the end of "rockende". other than that- good job. i take back what i said earlier Very Happy
Elisabeth Studentschnig
Elisabeth Studentschnig
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:54 am

Lol...it's ok....your right my German is Scheiße lol xD
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:55 am

Fiver says he gets the number 10 shirt ;-p

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:30 am

Jenks1981 wrote:Fiver says he gets the number 10 shirt ;-p

Lol I guess we could say that everyone at the club knew RVP was leaving, since Poldi's no. hasn't been announced yet.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:33 am

Yep, and that Giroud was signed as well. I like them both and I think those two, with Gervinho and Walcott and Cazorla we will share the goals around this season. Im still optimistic.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:46 am

Granted I am very optimistic about the season ahead...first things first I want to see a demolition job of Sunderland...a well orchestrated fisting for them...send out a signal for those who doubt us straight away...cannot be doing with a stigmata straight away if we fail on getting a comfortable result...with these two I am banking for a good win....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:49 am

Jenks1981 wrote:Fiver says he gets the number 10 shirt ;-p

Time to pay up. Apparantly Wilshere has got the Number 10.

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:53 am

Seen that on a site doing the rounds on facebook...it's a last season photo...not sure if it's real....will have a quick scout on arsenal.com
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:34 am

“I’ve had a lot of managers, that’s true, I think 10 of them. But Arsene Wenger is a great coach, one of the best in the world.

“Before I came, I spoke to him about the style of the club, the football he wants us to play. Our first goal showed what I mean – good passing, running, keeping the ball and then scoring the goal.

“This style of Arsenal is my style. I like this. We are a team that likes to pass the ball, playing one or two touches.”

--Lukas Podolski
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:09 am

Podolski loving life alongside fellow Arsenal new-boy Cazorla

The German international linked up with the Spanish midfielder to devastating effect in Sunday's win over Liverpool, and is now looking forward to more of the same

Arsenal forward Lukas Podolski claims that he is loving playing alongside fellow new signing Santi Cazorla, and insists that their promising partnership in Sunday's win over Liverpool is just a sign of things to come.

The German international scored his first goal for the club thanks to an assist from Cazorla on the half-hour mark at Anfield, and he duly returned the favour in the second period to give the Gunners their first win of the season.

The 27-year-old believes that his style of play is perfectly suited to Arsene Wenger's philosophy, and suggests that his understanding with Cazorla will only improve with time.

“I like Arsenal’s style of football and Santi’s as well - I love his style of football, with one or two touches,” he told the club's official website.

“We play [well] together and you could see it here - he passed for me for the first goal, I passed to him for the second goal.

“But we are only three matches in. We have 35 matches more so we must keep going.”

The man from Koln explained that he has had to adjust his position slightly since arriving at the Emirates this summer, but insists that he is relishing the challenge.

“I play on the left side but you see at Arsenal it is different from the [German] national team,” he continued.

“At Arsenal, it’s a three-point position. I not only play on the line but I can go in the middle and play with Santi and Abou Diaby and Mikel Arteta.

“This is my style of football. I like this but it’s not only about one match - I want to play more of these matches.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/06/3358086/podolski-loving-life-alongside-fellow-arsenal-new-boy
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:01 pm

Making his mark: Podolski is planning to get an Arsenal tattoo done

The German striker has one of former club Cologne's badge on his right arm and says there could be a Gunners one on his left before too long

Lukas Podolski one day hopes to have an Arsenal tattoo on his left arm – to go with the one of Cologne he already has on his right.

The World Cup striker got a tattoo of the German club as a permanent reminder that he established himself as a legend at his former club.

And when the Mirror asked him when he will get a Gunners tattoo, Podolski said: “Maybe on this one – my left arm – in a few years!

“Cologne meant so much to me because I was there a long time. Maybe I will do the same with Arsenal because I like this club.

“It is a big club and maybe we can do a tattoo. We can speak about this in the next three or four years.”

Podolski had his Cologne tattoo done just before he left the club, almost as a farewell gesture to the fans.

While some players kiss the badge, Podolski plainly likes to leave a more permanent reminder and is already becoming a hero among Arsenal fans.

Podolski has scored three goals in his first five games - all in his last three appearances - has a terrific work rate and is helping fans forget about Robin van Persie.

The Germany international has settled in remarkably quickly and yet he insists he wishes van Persie had stayed and does not want to be seen as a replacement for the Dutchman.

Podolski also praised his new team-mates for their help in acclimatising to English football and says they have made it all look easy.

"For me it was better if he (van Persie) stayed - he is a world-class player and I hoped that he stayed and we played together," said Podolski. "But he made a decision and it is the team of Arsenal that is important.

"When I came on the first day to the club everyone made it easy for me. Not only the team around the team, the coaches, the physios, the president and all the staff make it easy for me. I feel happy at Arsenal. It is good for me.

"The team and Arsene Wenger make it easy on the pitch. Last week we played very well. This is the style of football that I like - we play with one or two touches.

"We play straight to the front and this is the style that I like. But we have only played four or five matches and we are not ready to speak about the title or the Champions League.

"We must carry on playing like the last few matches and we must keep on fighting.

"When you are playing up front you want to score goals and like to score goals. when you score goals you are very happy for yourself and for the team.

"I don't know about targets - we will see. We have only played four or five matches and I have three goals and I am very happy about the good start for me and for the team.

"We must keep fit and well - it is a long, long season and we don't have a break in the winter like in Germany. So it is different for me, but I like to play football and be on the pitch."

Podolski has benefited from the fact his Germany team-mate Per Mertesacker has already been at the Emirates for a year.

But they are far from being the first Germans to succeed at Arsenal as Gunners legend Jens Lehmann was part of the Invincibles team in 2004 and enjoyed a glorious career at the club.

Lehmann, now a Laureus ambassador, says his fellow Germans can succeed at Arsenal - but still have to adapt to the pace of the Premier League.

Ex-Germany World Cup keeper Lehmann said: "Now with Podolski and Mertesacker they have two German players who are very experienced because of their caps in the national team of Germany, I think they're near 100, both of them are near 100 and still at a young age.

"They are expecting of course to see them performing three times a week on a high level, so far my impression is that everybody's quite happy with them, but everybody knows that they still have to improve, to adapt to the English football and to adapt to the pace of the game there.

"Lukas and Per are both mentally strong and they have definitely got the potential to perform and to improve their game.

"I'm quite optimistic about the current season and hope of course that Arsenal will win something.

"All right, there are some teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City, Chelsea, who come into the game with big money in the bag, and only one of them can win the trophy.

"That shows you that you have to be better at little details in knowledge, wisdom and approach of your team and of your set-up.

"Arsenal always had a great approach, they always made it into the top four with probably the smallest budget of all the big teams now, and so why should it not happen this year that all of a sudden, when nobody expects them to win something, all of a sudden they go on to win something."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/lukas-podolski-plans-arsenal-tattoo-1334911
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:42 am

Speaking of Mad Jens:
“When you see a player wants to leave for money reasons and probably because he thinks that somewhere else it is easier to win, you have to let him go,” Lehmann told Laureus.com.

“Particularly when he has only one year on his contract and when he played the first season without an injury in eight or nine years.”
What a man

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:46 am

A much better Arsenal signing than is given credit for

It would be disappointing and a little inaccurate to suggest Arsenal and their supporters need to accept the poor signings the club make and be happy with it. The club aren’t struggling to part with large sums of money, despite the frustrating nature of their operations in the market. But ultimately it’s the targets that have been identified and subsequently brought to the club which raise concerns.

Notably not all, however. Arsene Wenger did a fantastic job of acquiring proven players who are either in or approaching their prime this past summer. While some may argue that the jury is still out on Olivier Giroud, there is certainly plenty of positives to take from the signings of Santi Cazorla and Lukas Podolski.

The German international’s contribution, though, has been questioned in recent weeks, with his game dropping off in certain matches and the obvious factor of his substitutions on almost all of his starts. But I’m not really convinced there is a problem with Podolski and what he can bring to the club, and much the same can be said about Cazorla, who has drawn similar worries from sections of the support.

It was a tremendous piece of business by Wenger to pick up an international player of Podolski’s calibre for what should be considered a very low fee. He’s in his prime, he knows how to find the net and he ticks all the boxes for what the team need either from the left flank or centrally: a hard working, technically proficient goal scorer.

The problem with Podolski is that many are too quick to look back at his time at Bayern Munich, assuming that his “failure” makes him unfit for a club with lofty ambitions. To reiterate, he’s a German international with a phenomenal number of caps for his age, and a player who Joachim Low has trusted in the first-team for much of the past few years. With the rising generation of superstars in Germany, it would have been easy for Low to dismiss Podolski and look to youth.

But it’s his experience and character that shines through and which makes him such a valuable asset to both Arsenal and his national team. Forget for a moment that he was the captain of Koln and look to the obvious nature of his game that suggests he is a player with a winning mentality. He was once the golden boy of German football, but things don’t always work out and culminate in the fairytale ending most would expect. A tough time at Bayern, yes, but that experience didn’t strip him of his qualities as a footballer.

The numbers during his first season in English football so far would certainly suggest Arsenal have landed a fantastic buy. 10 goals and seven assists in all competitions is a very promising return for a player operating from a wide position. Moreover, he’s shown his willingness to help out Kieran Gibbs defensively, while in tandem they are clearly Arsenal’s best attacking pair from either of the flanks.

Podolski’s problem at Arsenal has nothing to do with him being a lazy player or not quite up to standard. Again, we’ve seen Cazorla fail to have an effect on all of Arsenal’s games, yet there is no doubting that he’s one of Wenger’s best purchases in all of his time as Arsenal manager. Rather than looking to the deficiencies that may or may not exist in some players, it’s the setup of the team and club as a whole which creates this impression.

Both fans and journalists have spoken about Wenger’s lack of tactical awareness or instruction for his players over the years. The manager is far more liberal with his approach, entrusting his players to go out and express themselves and in turn pick up the victory. Naturally, as we’ve seen countless times, that isn’t always the case. However, it is normal for fans or the media to point the finger at senior players like Podolski, citing his lack of contribution when it was needed.

You can look at the opposite side of that argument and analyse the German’s performances in Arsenal’s better matches this season. He’s a consistent threat on goal, he links up well with a number of players in the attacking-third (his goal against Montpellier with the assist from Giroud should be remembered) and his time in a very good Germany squad has strengthened his mentality to win.

It may not be obvious to some, but Podolski is a very exciting signing for Arsenal. With the frugality of the club’s approach to the transfer market, picking up players like Podolski in that price-range is exactly what Wenger should be aiming for. His past isn’t questionable, and that’s a big misconception. I’ve always held that belief that not every good player can fit into every good team, and while Podolski may have felt the pressure from his move to Bayern earlier in his career, coupled with the presence of Miroslav Klose and Luca Toni, that specific theory could certainly carry some weight.

Yes, it’s often difficult to watch Arsenal and their lacklustre performances. But that’s a problem stretching beyond just certain members of the squad. Of course, it all filters down to the players, and you’ve got to wonder how much more people like Podolski could offer if they had team-mates of better quality. But regardless, I maintain that Podolski has been an excellent signing for Arsenal. A player of the right age and one who fits into the club’s comfort levels in terms of fee spent. I have every confidence we’ll see a lot more from the German international as his career in north London continues.

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/arsenal/a-much-better-arsenal-signing-than-is-given-credit-for
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Not to mention that his goals were all important that counted in tight games or openers/equalizers in the thrashings. I like Poldi.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Vanig Bostanian wrote:Not to mention that his goals were all important that counted in tight games or openers/equalizers in the thrashings. I like Poldi.

Never understood the criticism people have about him. Great player, and he's had a positive effect on the team. Don't know what his critics really want from him if what he's doing now isn't good enough.

On a slightly related note, the last few signings Wenger has made have actually been nothing to complain about. Giroud, Cazorla, Podolski, Arteta, Benayoun (yes, yes, I know he's not here anymore), Mertesacker, all experienced players who we all know and who are hitting their prime. It's been a while since Wenger has signed some 18-year-old up-and-coming nobody (although Oxlade-Chamberlain isn't half bad).

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:31 am

I WANT HIM TO SCORE A GOAL EVERY GAME!!!
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:11 pm

Lukas Podolski will not be asking Arsene Wenger to utilize him as an out an out forward, insisting that he is happy to play anywhere for the Gunners if its helps the team.

The Germany international is frequently utilised in left inside forward position for the Gunners, a position he often takes up when on international duty. While admitting that he does miss his natural position at the forefront of an attack, Podolski maintains that he can be equally effective in a wider position.

"I think I can shoot more and get more goals when I play No. 10 or as a striker, but with the style of the game at Arsenal I do it well on the left side and I am happy to play there," Podolski told Arsenal’s official website.

Having seen Theo Walcott having his wish of being given the central striker role Arsenal granted, there had been suggestions that the former Bayern Munich and Koln man was ready to mount a similar demand. But Podolski is adamant that he is content with his situation at the Emirates.

"I've scored seven goals now and have nine assists. It's an okay start for me. I have played on the left for Koln sometimes and the national team, so this is not something special.

"What is more important is that we are in the Champions League at the end of the season. There is still enough time for us to get back into the top four."

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/podolski-not-demanding-central-striker-role-at-arsenal-22785/
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Aseem Bajpai Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:21 pm

He finally seems to be finding his form and voice in the premier league, still can't get why is he substituted so often though, nearly every single match.

Aseem Bajpai
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:11 am

Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski has recently been linked with a move to Serie A’s Juventus; however the German international put the rumors to bed (via ESPN FC):

“I want to say two things. Firstly, I cannot help it that clubs are interested in me. And there are always people behind the scenes who want to float something in this business.”

The 27-year-old is quite right in his statement as many quickly jump to conclusions as to whether or not players will be moving onto other clubs – especially during the January transfer window and the summer. He does, in fact take some sort of pride away from the recent rumors to Juve as he continued:

“Secondly, any interest makes me proud because it is a recognition of me performance in London. It is unlikely [that I will leave] because, at the club and in the town, I feel really comfortable.”

The forward/winger has seen some successes in his first season in the Premier League as he has amassed eight goals and nine assists in the Premier League with only a handful of matches left for the Gunners. This season, Podolski seems to have lacked the creativity which he once displayed at his previous club FC Cologne, but nonetheless, has contributed a fairly solid amount into the Gunners performances this season.

Although the German forward has yet to truly find his footing in the Premier League (in all fairness) the German has suffered an ankle injury in recent weeks. He has even also clarified that both he and Arsene Wenger are on good terms and he stated in terms of their relationship (via Daily Express):

“It is absolutely good and professional. We talk a lot – also in German. He also asks me how my family are.”

Adding Podolski to any side would be a beneficial choice; however, as the 27-year-old has recently indicated, he is quite content with his place in London. Much can happen between now and the summer, asking prices could increase and a dip in form could also bring scrutiny to last seasons summer signing. Regardless, with eight Premier League matches remaining, Podolski will likely do all he can when featured in Wenger’s starting XI to help secure a Champions League spot for next term.

http://soccerwithoutlimits.com/arsenals-lukas-podolski-puts-transfer-rumors-to-rest/22689/
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10