Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Podolski...again...

+38
Andreas Wæhre
Nick Evans
Samritpal Singh
kdunn
Mario
DaveToffy
janelle.noel
Alejandro Perreira
Dan Hakim
Ravneet Singh
Justin Chew
Jason Morrison
OsamaMahfooz
Durrell
Yash
rschalala
Will.sheng
Jenson Pais
Sami Rockfeller
ShravanVBhat
Joey Schwab
vyom.chaudhary
Chris Chan
Vijay Saibola
Hisham El Mawan
McCarthyofcourse!!
ralph avedikian
Stephen Mitchell
Mike York
Christopher Flanagan
Jonathan Prendergast
Vanig Bostanian
Zaid Derweesh
Evan Mullins
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Michael Foster
ChippyBrady
Jenks1981
42 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Podolski...again... - Page 7 Empty Re: Podolski...again...

Post by kdunn Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:27 am

Idk that russian team came in with a huge bid and he stated it wasn't about the money. But take that how you will

kdunn
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:04 am

I don't think either side will confirm it until the end of the season. Mainly for Podolski's sake, as it is not ideal to be playing for 1 club, where the players, coach and fans know he is leaving in a few months.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:11 pm

I feel Podolski is just being professional towards his club.
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:29 pm

I find this signing very similar to Cesc's. The only anomaly being Cesc left for his home, and Podolski is leaving his home.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:53 am

back page of the daily star

Podolski...again... - Page 7 537372003

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:53 am

Chris Chan wrote:back page of the daily star

Podolski...again... - Page 7 537372003

What does it say? It won't let me view it.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:50 pm

They've put a question mark on it? Sneaky bastards
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:34 am

Lukas Podolski insists he has not finalised a deal to join Arsenal at the end of the season, and instead suggested he would favour a move to Lazio so he could play alongside countryman Miroslav Klose.

Reports suggested earlier this week that Podolski’s move to Arsenal was on the cusp of being completed, with the Gunners sending a medical team to Germany in order for the Cologne striker to undergo a medical.

Last month it was reported Arsenal had agreed a £10.9 million fee with Cologne for the striker as Gunners boss Arsene Wenger, however the 26-year-old’s agent refuted claims that a medical had taken place and that the deal was done yesterday.

The German international appears to have now put the breaks on speculation by insisting his future has ‘yet to be decided’ while also suggesting he would favour a move to Lazio in order to be reunited with his former International colleague Klose.

“It would be great to play alongside him again,” Il Corriere dello Sport quotes Podolski as saying. “Miro has spoken well of Lazio and he’s happy in Rome.

“My future has yet to be decided."

Podolski has impressed this season for his boyhood club, bagging 16 goals in 21 games, making him joint-third highest scorer in the Bundesliga this season.

Arsenal are keen to add to their attacking line up for next season after seeing Robin van Persie shoulder much of the responsibility for scoring the goals that will fire them to a top four spot during this campaign.

The Dutchman has found the back of the net 26 times in the Premier League so far, however the club’s second highest top scorer, Theo Walcott, has just eight goals to his name.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/podolski-i-could-join-lazio
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:53 am

Play alongside a 34 year old old Miroslav Klose in a Lazio side that won't ever really challenge for anything or Robin van Persie in his prime. I know what my decision would be.
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:33 am

Yep. Seems to me they're just throwing out anything they can to make it seem like he hasn't agreed to join out of respect to his current club. Worst kept secret in football.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:23 am

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:32 am

The deal is done as far as I know (read).
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:16 am

That article is saying that the blog writer believes the deal is done as does the evening standard writer....

I think if sky or BBC pick up on this then report it,that it could be close but not a done deal as of yet...
We all know Wenger is tight lipped on these things he might just be trying to divert the attention away from the deal so anybody else won't join the rush to take his signature..

A lot of ifs and buts in this deal and still a way to go til the end of the season..and as far I was aware he would like to play out the remainder of his season (podolski) with the transfer speculation kept to a minimum...

We shall wait and see....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:19 am

That said and this popped up on sky sports just now...

Arsene Wenger has denied the latest reports that Germany international Lukas Podolski has agreed to join Arsenal.

The Cologne striker is widely expected to make the move to the North London club this summer, with claims on Friday that he had already undergone a medical with the Gunners.

Wenger was quick to play down the current conjecture and claimed to be in the dark over any confirmation of the much-anticipated switch, with a fee of £10.9million having been mooted.

The 26-year-old, who has won an impressive 95 caps for his country and played in two World Cups, has been similarly coy over his next move, with Wenger admitting that any transfer is dependent on the will of the former Bayern Munich striker.

Decision

"Nothing is done. No, he has not had a medical," Wenger told the club's official website.

"I don't master the timing [of any announcement] because that does not just rely on us. It could happen soon, it could happen later, I don't know.

"It is always a concern [that someone else could come in for him]. The speed in which you do things is important, but at the end of the day it is always the player who makes the decision.

"It is about how much they want to join you."
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:22 am

Just goes to show you how quickly a story by a journalist is quickly altered to suit what the public would like to hear rather than what was said....

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:23 am

Michael Foster wrote:That said and this popped up on sky sports just now...

Arsene Wenger has denied the latest reports that Germany international Lukas Podolski has agreed to join Arsenal.

The Cologne striker is widely expected to make the move to the North London club this summer, with claims on Friday that he had already undergone a medical with the Gunners.

Wenger was quick to play down the current conjecture and claimed to be in the dark over any confirmation of the much-anticipated switch, with a fee of £10.9million having been mooted.

The 26-year-old, who has won an impressive 95 caps for his country and played in two World Cups, has been similarly coy over his next move, with Wenger admitting that any transfer is dependent on the will of the former Bayern Munich striker.

Decision

"Nothing is done. No, he has not had a medical," Wenger told the club's official website.

"I don't master the timing [of any announcement] because that does not just rely on us. It could happen soon, it could happen later, I don't know.

"It is always a concern [that someone else could come in for him]. The speed in which you do things is important, but at the end of the day it is always the player who makes the decision.

"It is about how much they want to join you."

wenger said that to arsenal.com.As per arseblog
"Despite Arsenal.com reporting Wenger’s press conference response to the suggestion the striker had undertaken a medical, “Nothing is done. No [he has not had a medical],” it appears the boss has given a more in-depth reaction in a later chat with the written press.

James Olley, Chief Football Correspondent for the London Evening Standard, who firmly believes a medical has taken place, revealed on Twitter the following words from Wenger.

“The deal could happen soon, it could happen later.

“The speed in which you do things is important, but at the end of the day it is always the player who makes the decision.”

“It is about how much they want to join you.”

The fact that Wenger is even willing to talk about Podolski in such terms leads Arseblog News to believe that negotiations must be coming to a head."

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:28 am

Sorry.....you have lost me here....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:29 am

read the arsblog link i posted on top of page

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:34 am

I have....

Arsen have the 1 account of the issue in one go to the whole of the press whomever...
I was saying that it's been chopped up by asreblog and the tasty parts have just been posted,
What I was also saying is it does not matter if whomever believes a medical has taken place wait until it has to say.....

I know it sounds like he is saying it is a done deal in ways...

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:07 am

Arsene : We're not signing Arteta.
We signed Arteta.

Arsene : Who is Arshavin?
We signed Arshavin.

Arsene : We're not selling Cesc.
Cesc sold to Barca.

Arsene : Samir is not leaving.
Nasri signs for City.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:38 am

Samritpal Singh wrote:Arsene : We're not signing Arteta.
We signed Arteta.

Arsene : Who is Arshavin?
We signed Arshavin.

Arsene : We're not selling Cesc.
Cesc sold to Barca.

Arsene : Samir is not leaving.
Nasri signs for City.

Lol XD
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Evans Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:23 am

i went on an emirates stadium legends tour today and perry groves told us the deal was done and dusted. har.

Nick Evans
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Wenger is an habitual deceiver when it comes to transfer market activity and the media and to be honest I have no problem with that.. I think it serves the best interests of the club.
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:52 pm

Arsene Wenger is being surprisingly open with his ongoing negotiations with Lukas Podolski, but he must be extremely certain that the German International will be at Arsenal next season.

He revealed that Podolski is needed at the Emirates to take the pressure off Robin Van Persie as the Gunners main goalscorer, which will help push Arsenal towards an elusive trophy next season.

Wenger said: “Yes we want Podolski, because we want to add some offensive strikers, because many times people say we rely too much on Van Persie, which is true, but if we can find world-class players, we will challenge for the title.”

I wonder if his next statement is implying that he may need extra defensive cover as well after losing so many games in January through lack of full-backs.

“I just felt we had two weak periods in the season and you can only afford one,” he said.

“I knew when we were 17th in August that we cannot afford any weak periods anymore, so when that happened in January it was very difficult.

“If you look at the circumstances of the second blip, it was down to the fact we had no full backs. Overall since October, since the team has gelled, we are not on too bad a run.

“Man City have had the opposite; they started in the way we are now. It is difficult for everyone to maintain that.”

http://justarsenal.com/wenger-podolski-will-help-arsenal-challenge-for-title/13191
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:14 am

He's in the bag and has been since the story started to break, Wenger simply wouldnt discuss it otherwise.

Podolski-Van Persie-Walcott is a very good front line, Title challenging standard as long as they gel like they could do.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next