Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AC Milan vs Arsenal

+31
Yash
Durrell
Jason Morrison
OsamaMahfooz
Steve Dawson
Jenson Pais
Ed Spence
Samritpal Singh
Joey Schwab
Mike York
Ashraf Peeran
Pranoy Thipaiah
fkamil
DaveToffy
Will.sheng
Jenks1981
Hisham El Mawan
Sami Rockfeller
Mario
eyal.peer
Graham Edward Denton
Marko Maksimović
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Vanig Bostanian
ralph avedikian
Michael Foster
Stephen Mitchell
vyom.chaudhary
Mohamed Samir
Dan Hakim
Chris Chan
35 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

AC Milan vs Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: AC Milan vs Arsenal

Post by Graham Edward Denton Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:53 pm

Reported that pato and Kevin prince are for for this game. Was hoping they wouldn't make it as they add significantly to Milan's athleticism. Poo.
Graham Edward Denton
Graham Edward Denton
Youth Team

http://nuccachiropractic.wordpress.com/     has a good descrpiti

Back to top Go down

Post by eyal.peer Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:27 pm

MarkoMaksimovic wrote:I dunno, after Theo did Barca in a couple of seasons back, Pep neutralized him in the second leg. That's what I'm weary off, after conceding 2 goals on the counter, they probably doing there homework about Theo, RvP and Ox... Wouldn't surprise me at all if they keep Theo quiet. BUT, as the ever-eternal optimist I do believe we will be too much for Milan and that the pace of our wingers and RvP's form will pull us through. This all depends on who we start in midfield. Rosicky has to start, as do Song and Arteta. Ramsey can come on from the bench but he was a sub today so maybe one of the others drops out.
Defence probably: Sagna, Kos, TV, Gibbs... If Gibbs was on the bench today he might get the nod. It's throwing him in the deep end... Coq right back and Sagna left is more likely. Looking forward to this one, would've had an exam the day after but weather conditions have forced my uni to push all exams back at least a week... Score. C'mon Arsenal!

Dammit, I have an exam the day after!

I hate the weather here being perfect 95% of winter.
eyal.peer
eyal.peer
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:20 pm

Hmmm thinking about this talk of the pace fills me with more confidence...think the ox's trickery could be heavy amount for Milan to worry about if they have done any homework...
Henry playing a part might have them thinking...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Milan's form since the start of the year:

Atalanta 0-2 Milan
Milan 0-1 Internazionale
Milan 2-1 Novara - Italian Cup, 5th Round
Novara 0-3 Milan
Milan 3-1 Lazio - Italian Cup, Quarter Finals
Milan 3-0 Cagliari
Lazio 2-0 Milan
Milan 0-0 Napoli
Milan 1-2 Juventus - Italian Cup, Semi Finals
Udinese 1-2 Milan

They got a really good win away to Udinese yesterday, but apart from that, they don't seem to be winning their games against their main rivals. Losing to Juventus, Lazio, Inter, drawing with Napoli. I know they're top of the league and have players returning, they're a very good team, but they've been quite inconsistent since the resumption of the league after the Xmas break and especially so in the last month.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:20 pm

Mario Leontiou wrote:Milan's form since the start of the year:

Atalanta 0-2 Milan
Milan 0-1 Internazionale
Milan 2-1 Novara - Italian Cup, 5th Round
Novara 0-3 Milan
Milan 3-1 Lazio - Italian Cup, Quarter Finals
Milan 3-0 Cagliari
Lazio 2-0 Milan
Milan 0-0 Napoli
Milan 1-2 Juventus - Italian Cup, Semi Finals
Udinese 1-2 Milan

They got a really good win away to Udinese yesterday, but apart from that, they don't seem to be winning their games against their main rivals. Losing to Juventus, Lazio, Inter, drawing with Napoli. I know they're top of the league and have players returning, they're a very good team, but they've been quite inconsistent since the resumption of the league after the Xmas break and especially so in the last month.

So basically like us then Razz

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Edward Denton Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:31 am

Was just about to say that Chan. Also, anyone else taking the Ibra to slap someone bet? Very Happy
Graham Edward Denton
Graham Edward Denton
Youth Team

http://nuccachiropractic.wordpress.com/     has a good descrpiti

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:55 am

I am thinking about this game as the last for Henry rather than a champions league knockout game against of of europe's giants. I am really sad about his departure Sad

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:37 am

Arsenal will be wearing the Bumblebee outfit against Milan. The club officials think the blue outfit would undermine the club's reputation.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:43 am

Sami Rockfeller wrote:Arsenal will be wearing the Bumblebee outfit against Milan. The club officials think the blue outfit would undermine the club's reputation.

How?

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:03 am

Sami Rockfeller wrote:Arsenal will be wearing the Bumblebee outfit against Milan. The club officials think the blue outfit would undermine the club's reputation.

Huh??
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:11 am

Any news on details of Mertesackers injury and duration please?

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:31 am

Michael Foster wrote:

Huh??

Don't pay mind to the second part. lol!
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:44 am

Jenks1981 wrote:Any news on details of Mertesackers injury and duration please?
http://news.arseblog.com/2012/02/mertesacker-living-with-uncertainty-over-ankle-injury/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

looks nasty

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Will.sheng Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:23 am

Just thought i'd point out in any random post that will be used regularly...this new forum is brilliant! Weren't sure at first, but good to be out of Facebook. Thanks moderators!

Will.sheng
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:28 am

Really looking forward to this game, maybe more so than recent Champions League games. I think it's because I want to make the most of these special occasions because we may not have them next season.

Szczesny
Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs
Song Arteta ???
Walcott RVP Chamberlain

Gibbs will have to play this game, he must have done enough training. Baptism of fire, maybe, but if he truly wants to be our long term left back then he has to be ready.

As for the last spot in midfield, Rosicky or Ramsey? I think Ramsey's extra energy could really be of use in midfield and we know he has more goals in him than Rosicky, but Tomas has done pretty well in his last 2-3 games and has the experience for games like this.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:33 am

Rosicky will help us keep the ball better in midfield and so should start. Rambo to come on if we need a goal.

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:31 am

Rosicky over Ramsey for me. The midfield seems to move the ball quicker with him in the side... He's got a good engine, so does Ramsey but Tomas has experience and this is exactly the type of game you think he'd start! Otherwise I agree with Mario's lineup....
About the BFG's injury, it looks awful, I remember when I rolled my ankle badly and it swelled up like that, bruising and all... Had a blood clot just above the bone too... Was not pretty, no cast, but exruciating pain every night for at least two weeks Sad
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:12 am

Rosicky over Ramsey. His maturity and experience are essential for a big big game like this. And I don't think he's any less mobile or energetic than Ramsey.
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by fkamil Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:41 pm

what is the status of the pitch????? I heard on news that parts of the pitch were relayed. anyone read anything about that?

fkamil
fkamil
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:43 pm

----------------------SZCZESNY----------------------
SAGNA----KOSCIELNY----VERMAELEN----GIBBS
SONG-----------------ARTETA-------------ROSICKY
WALCOTT---------van PERSIE----CHAMBERLAIN

Glad to have our fullbacks back in action. A little unfortunate that we don't have the height of Mertesacker to keep Ibrahimovic occupied, but Koscielny and Vermaelen make for a very skilled CB pairing. I'd pick Rosicky over Ramsey, just because Rosicky has more experience. However, Chamberlain over Arshavin, because I trust the youngster more right now.

farao

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Pranoy Thipaiah Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:29 pm

I wouldn't start Gibbs. Huge stage to return on after a long injury lay-off.

In the away leg versus Udinese, Bac started on the left and Jenks on the right.

I'd like Coq to get a start on the right. He helped Theo a lot on the right flank against Blackburn, overlapping many times and even getting an assist.

Don't think Miquel is part of the squad because he featured in the Ressie's win yesterday.
Pranoy Thipaiah
Pranoy Thipaiah
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashraf Peeran Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:53 pm

Against Milan's strong offense, I'd prefer playing our best defenders in their natural positions. That means Sagna on the right and Gibbs on the left. Wenger's said he thinks he' ready so I'll take his word for it. Also, Rosicky for Ramsey, to hold the ball better in the mid and add that bit of experience. And I don't think Arshavin's brilliant assist warrants him a starting place just yet. Would love to see The Ox up against Milan's defense, which I think struggles with pace. My lineup would be:

Szczes
Sagna Vermscielny Gibbs
Arteta Song Rosicky
Theo RVP The Ox

Feeling good about tonight. We generally do well in tough European fixtures.

Come on The Arsenal!
Ashraf Peeran
Ashraf Peeran
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:23 pm

I hope we play Gibbs at left back. Or Le Coq. I read on Goal.com today that Wenger may even play Song at CB and keep TV at LB, but it had no quotes so likely to be rubbish.

Rosicky would probably be better for this game than Ramsey. San Siro has an atmosphere and won't be an easy place to go, Rosicky's experience will serve us well. And we seem to flow more with him in the side and Italian sides struggle against pace, if we can play a quick game and use Theo/Ox well than we have a good chance of scoring.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:24 pm

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is looking forward to tonight’s UEFA Champions League tie against AC Milan, and has iterated the importance of keeping opposition striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic away from the scoring sheet.

The Swedish international striker has had a sublime career in football, and has been playing for the best clubs in the world. Having played for clubs like Ajax, Inter Milan, Barcelona, Juventus and now Milan, Ibrahimovic has seen it all, as he prepares for the first knockout round leg at the San Siro.

Wenger sang praises for the 30-year old striker, and said, ”

“He is a great player, if you look at his record, at what he has won, he has his own personality based on a strong belief in himself.

“That is a quality at the top level that can sometimes be seen as over-confidence but I don’t think he is because he turns up with performances in the big games.

“That’s why I believe he was at the Arsenal training ground before his career. Before he moved to Ajax we were interested in him, and he made a great career.”

http://www.soccerplay.net/arsenal-manager-worried-about-milan-star/18368

AC Milan defender Thiago Silva is worried that he may not be able to cope with Robin Van Persie, when the pair face off later tonight at the San Siro.

The Brazil international has regularly been touted as the world's best centre-back, but even he acknowledges the form Van Persie is in, which has been nothing short of astonishing this season.

The 27 year-old also pointed the danger Thierry henry poses, who is set to make his final bow for Arsenal, as he finished his loan spell at the Emirates-

"Van Persie and Henry can decide the match at any time. I don't know whether I'll be able to stop the Dutchman ‒ we'll have to see," said Silva.

http://www.footballfriendsonline.com/transfer-gossip/2012/2/15/milan-stopper-fearful-of-rvp.html
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:26 pm

Any ideas on the Milan line up ?? In their last game at Udinese, Pato and Ibra weren't even in the squad.. ?

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next