Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelsea vs Arsenal Match Thread

+13
Dan Hakim
Sami Rockfeller
Chris Chan
Meshaal
Steve Dawson
Michael Schatzky
yuval.b.nissan
Jason Morrison
Michael Foster
Hisham El Mawan
Jonathan Prendergast
John Foxall
Vanig Bostanian
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Chelsea vs Arsenal Match Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Chelsea vs Arsenal Match Thread

Post by Michael Schatzky Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:01 am

ralph avedikian wrote:
Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:
ralph avedikian wrote:I firmly believe we're the unluckiest football team on the planet. Both Chelski goals shouldn't have counted and no I don't care that we were shit in the first half. We could have been 0-0 at HT while playing shit united do it every game. For God's sake when will we get just a tiny bit of luck against big teams I will never know.

Fucking THIS. What a load of pathetic negative comments as well. The ref could have taken a direct free kick to score for Chelsea and you guys would find a way to blame Wenger or the board for it.

Finally someone agrees. All I keep hearing is ' this is no excuse, we had a poor half'. Well to be honest I don't care if we had a poor half, we can't play well every half of every game. If the correct decisions were given in that 'poor' 1st half, we would have been 0-0 at HT. Fact.

I agree it can get negative in here, me being a culprit of course.
So we were in the "right", but we got tough breaks and we lost. That's the reality of football (and life,Imo). It's how you respond to your shit luck that makes the difference ,and we didn't respond for the rest of the half, yet for some reason came out like gangbusters in the second half.
Why is that? Same old Arsenal mentality, men vs boys stuff. We can be cowed by other teams, we beat ourselves.

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Chelsea vs Arsenal Match Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Chelsea vs Arsenal Match Thread

Post by Meshaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:26 am

Michael Schatzky wrote:
Hisham El Mawan wrote:
Meshaal wrote:I rather liked my little rant, made me realize things are not that bad. Too bad no one is going to read it.

No worries, Meshaal, I read it! And I agree with all your points.
I read it too, Meshaal although it's pretty even tempered for a "rant" Very Happy .
I agree with almost all of your points regarding player profiles except it seems to me that Ramsey has come on a bit stronger in the last month or so then he had been doing.
Also , the idea of getting 4 players two of which are leaders will be difficult. because it is hard to import "leaders" who will instantly have the respect of their new teammates and are listened to etc.

Thanks guys.

However, I do believe a club can import players of a certain stature who demand and command the respect of those around them from day 1. Robin van Persie at Manchester United would be a good example. Ballack at Chelsea not so long ago.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:04 am

John Foxall wrote:
ralph avedikian wrote:I firmly believe we're the unluckiest football team on the planet. Both Chelski goals shouldn't have counted and no I don't care that we were shit in the first half. We could have been 0-0 at HT while playing shit united do it every game. For God's sake when will we get just a tiny bit of luck against big teams I will never know.

Fucking THIS. What a load of pathetic negative comments as well. The ref could have taken a direct free kick to score for Chelsea and you guys would find a way to blame Wenger or the board for it.

That's a bit of a stretch. We left ourselves very open away to a tough opponent. Normally in that sort of game you need to be reasonably solid to earn the right to play, Wenger doesn't seem interested in that anymore, so he can't be surprised when players are caught out of position. These are obvious weaknesses to address yet no improvement can be seen. Simply condemning negative comments ignores the reality of the situation we're in.

I'm not ignoring anything. All of your comments were pathetic, and that has nothing to do with whether Arsenal are in a bad situation.

The only thing pathetic is your name-calling. I have a different opinion to you, that is all.

Starting games badly is a consistent problem for us, not a random happening or just down to bad luck. It's highly improbably that it's just down to bad refereeing decisions and much more likely to do with the way we are set up, the way we prepare for games and the lack of realism in particular.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:14 am

John Foxall wrote:
John Foxall wrote:

That's a bit of a stretch. We left ourselves very open away to a tough opponent. Normally in that sort of game you need to be reasonably solid to earn the right to play, Wenger doesn't seem interested in that anymore, so he can't be surprised when players are caught out of position. These are obvious weaknesses to address yet no improvement can be seen. Simply condemning negative comments ignores the reality of the situation we're in.

I'm not ignoring anything. All of your comments were pathetic, and that has nothing to do with whether Arsenal are in a bad situation.

The only thing pathetic is your name-calling. I have a different opinion to you, that is all.

Starting games badly is a consistent problem for us, not a random happening or just down to bad luck. It's highly improbably that it's just down to bad refereeing decisions and much more likely to do with the way we are set up, the way we prepare for games and the lack of realism in particular.

''All of your comments' was directed to everyone in this thread, not specifically at you. Also, I never called anyone any names, I said the comments were pathetic, not the posters. I don't particularly disagree with anything you've just said here, but I still feel the comments during the game were ridiculous, although I understand the frustration.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:33 am

Maybe people need to get back to what matters rather than slagging matches.....

Today......we were simply not good enough regardless of how good we looked in the second half...regardless of the decisions.....we made a play and put ourselves in those positions to fail today...and fail we did...keeper duped into giving away a penalty has no place blaming shit decisions....we should have never allowed the play to come at us that way....inconsistent its our biggest problem combine it with players we have either shot of confidence,played out of position,lack of heart..all boils up for a pot of let's get fucked over....personally to me results of 7-3 and other batterings of teams mean nothing...nothing to the point of if we cannot sort out what problems we have what's the fucking point....the club needs a serious kick in the bollocks to wake it up....we 100% have to spend and buy quality,we have to get back to basics and get players in positions they should be in rather than all this converting shit...and if we don't have the players go out and get them....shape of how we sit in games is absolutely stressing me every time I watch us play....we defend with a back line in tatters and attack all out almost every man going forward and completely leave ourselves open for a fisting at the back....

In my opinion unless they pop open that bank book and kick the coaching staff including Wenger up the arse...we can kiss goodbye to champions league football....

In all my time as a gooner this is simply put my club in its darkest days...

Pissed off to high hilt with everything bar the ones you can actually see digging for the club...and I feel sorry for those doing it....people say so and so carries a team...right now the ones fighting are carrying more than visible....

Not just west ham will become a must win..but probably every game from now til the end.

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:36 am

At least we're getting all the tough games out of the way. We're still good enough to get fourth simply because our opponents appear to be just as vulnerable and prone to dropping points as we do.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:45 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:At least we're getting all the tough games out of the way. We're still good enough to get fourth simply because our opponents appear to be just as vulnerable and prone to dropping points as we do.

I do agree to what you say but within looking at it our opponents are strengthening the squads....

We have done nothing...someone mentioned Ba the other day..still cracking in goals and no sign of this dodgy knee..what a steal for the price Chelsea paid.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:59 am

John Foxall wrote:
John Foxall wrote:

''All of your comments' was directed to everyone in this thread, not specifically at you. Also, I never called anyone any names, I said the comments were pathetic, not the posters. I don't particularly disagree with anything you've just said here, but I still feel the comments during the game were ridiculous, although I understand the frustration.

In any case, calling someone complaining about groundhog day, brainless football and that at the umpteenth time of begging for an improvement, is not pathetic.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Michael Foster wrote:
Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:At least we're getting all the tough games out of the way. We're still good enough to get fourth simply because our opponents appear to be just as vulnerable and prone to dropping points as we do.

I do agree to what you say but within looking at it our opponents are strengthening the squads....

We have done nothing...someone mentioned Ba the other day..still cracking in goals and no sign of this dodgy knee..what a steal for the price Chelsea paid.....

Might've been me you're referring to, and I'm happy to stand corrected if so. The guy has made an instant impact, and I'm surprised he didn't start over Torres today.

But you're absolutely right, it pains me to see the likes of Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle, and even QPR actually doing something to change and improve their squads...while we've done absolutely nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Goose egg. Instead, Wenger has chosen to continue on with the obviously sub-par team he has. And this won't be like in the '10-'11 season when Wenger decided to sell or loan 16 players without making any purchases, and we somehow survived. If he takes that path again now, we'll get fucked over more often than a gullible prostitute. I just don't think this squad can get it into the top four without some new personnel. I hope I'm wrong.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:17 pm

We got a bit screwed on the two goals but we were shocking in the first half anyway. If we played the way we did the second half for the entire game we'd have had them. But for some reason we are rarely motivated at the start of a match and we need a kick up the ass by going behind to get us going.

I hope Jenkinson starts next game too. He played very well when Sagna was injured. Sagna was, for me, the best right back in the league and one of the best in Europe a bit agfo but since his return this time he has been shocking. I would not be surprised to see him off in the summer.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcy Gorman Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:19 am

Any word on Coquelin? It looked on TV like a hamstring, pulled up very quickly when bursting forward and waved to the bench immediately.

Thought he was excellent and deserved a run in the team too, hope I'm wrong but I think it'll be 3 weeks.

Darcy Gorman
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4