Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal vs City Post Match Thoughts

+20
Hisham El Mawan
Adam Sisson
Michael Foster
John Foxall
ChippyBrady
Adriel Williams
Zaid Derweesh
nick t
Jonathan Prendergast
Assan Touray
ralph avedikian
Samritpal Singh
Cyril Karwa
Greg Waters
Justin Chew
Jason Morrison
Chris Chan
Dan Hakim
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Vanig Bostanian
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsenal vs City Post Match Thoughts Empty Arsenal vs City Post Match Thoughts

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:35 am

Go

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs City Post Match Thoughts Empty Re: Arsenal vs City Post Match Thoughts

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:37 am

Everyone played well, we outplayed them. The only thing we got wrong was trying to beat Clichy through Theo's pace. We know he's shit, but he has pace. Other than that, solid defensive performance from everyone. Fuck our luck about three times and Arteta, I love you. Did his defensive job ever so well, kept the ball running, and scored that goal.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs City Post Match Thoughts Empty Re: Arsenal vs City Post Match Thoughts

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:41 am

Really great win, so happy right now. Could have absolutely battered them if our players didn't seem allergic to putting the ball in the net though. What does Ramsey have to do to score?

Other than that, Sagna was amazing, Benayoun worked his arse off, everyone played really well. RVP's really had some bad luck recently, it's like the universe is conspiring to keep him from scoring.

I hope we can cope without Koscielny in our next two fixtures, he's just magnificent.

Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:42 am

http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xpzq1r

In the celebration, some dude jumps over the wall and hugs Arteta. Who the hell is that guy?
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:46 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:Really great win, so happy right now. Could have absolutely battered them if our players didn't seem allergic to putting the ball in the net though. What does Ramsey have to do to score?

Other than that, Sagna was amazing, Benayoun worked his arse off, everyone played really well. RVP's really had some bad luck recently, it's like the universe is conspiring to keep him from scoring.

I hope we can cope without Koscielny in our next two fixtures, he's just magnificent.

Dont think Kos is suspended, the limit got increased to 15 yellows (as of 8th April)

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:49 am

Man I've been sooo depressed this past week. Now I feel like I'm back on top of the world!! Thank you Arteta!! also, 0 shots on target for city for the 1st time since last season's same fixture, haha, Fuck city and fuck Na$ri! Hope he's enjoying the money cause he sure as fuck ain't getting no medals!
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:51 am

Chris Chan wrote:
Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:Really great win, so happy right now. Could have absolutely battered them if our players didn't seem allergic to putting the ball in the net though. What does Ramsey have to do to score?

Dont think Kos is suspended, the limit got increased to 15 yellows (as of 8th April)

I thought that as well, but when he got booked Sky put up one of those infobars at the bottom of the screen saying 'Misses next two fixtures'.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Chew Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:53 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:
Chris Chan wrote:

I thought that as well, but when he got booked Sky put up one of those infobars at the bottom of the screen saying 'Misses next two fixtures'.

Heard he missed that by a couple of hours. So yes he's gonna be off for two matches

Justin Chew
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:55 am

That sucks, but Wolves and Wigan shouldnt be too taxing on our CBs

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Waters Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:55 am

Respect to the fan that got in the huddle... how long do you get banned for doing that? I only make it to a few a year since I live in cali now, so maybe it's worth it?!

As I said in the original match thread, really shocking performance from City, apart from Kompany/Lescott, who were fantastic. We did our job well but their lack of ambition and team unity was laid out for all to see. Balotelli was again the center of attention for all the wrong reasons and Mancini pacing around yelling at his players reminded me of Wenger towards the end of last season- you've tried everything and end up a miserable mess of exasperation.

I heard our fans did the poznan after the goal??? love it!

Greg Waters
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:57 am

Dan Hakim wrote:http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xpzq1r

In the celebration, some dude jumps over the wall and hugs Arteta. Who the hell is that guy?
A lucky bastard? Who wouldn't want to hug Arteta right now?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:58 am

Greg Waters wrote:I heard our fans did the poznan after the goal??? love it!

yeah was pretty funny!

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Karwa Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:59 am

Had a hard time telling the team assembled for hundreds of millions and the 'one man team' full of 'panic buys'. We were tearing them apart for long periods we really should've scored more. Hopefully RvP is convinced enough to stay
Cyril Karwa
Cyril Karwa
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:00 am

Jason Morrison wrote:Man I've been sooo depressed this past week. Now I feel like I'm back on top of the world!! Thank you Arteta!! also, 0 shots on target for city for the 1st time since last season's same fixture, haha, Fuck city and fuck Na$ri! Hope he's enjoying the money cause he sure as fuck ain't getting no medals!
They also had less than 40% possession for the first time in fuck knows how long.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Chew Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:04 am

omg great find by someone on the fb group.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Gj1KbNchY

nasri getting harassed by Liverpool fans during his drive home

Justin Chew
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:10 am

City have gained only 5 points out of a possible 15.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:13 am

Justin, in that video Nasri says: "Top of the League". Well not anymore.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:16 am

I have a bad throat for shouting like an idiot after the goal.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:56 am

Super Mikel Arteta: 94% pass acc, 99 touches, 5 long balls, 100% acc, 5 interceptions, 2 key passes, 1 shot on target, 1 goal.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:58 am

Henry Winter : Nasri subbed for Kolarov. #afc fans giving Nasri the reverse Churchill and the full rolling-dice gesture as he jogs off.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:36 am

Credits to Arseblog (this made me LOL)

Arsenal vs City Post Match Thoughts Lol15
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Waters Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:37 am

loooooool

Greg Waters
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:47 am

Samritpal Singh wrote:Henry Winter : Nasri subbed for Kolarov. #afc fans giving Nasri the reverse Churchill and the full rolling-dice gesture as he jogs off.

brilliant!

made funnier by:

Mick Rogan ‏ @Micky_Lugs · Open
@henrywinter rolling dice gesture? No...they're calling him a wanker.... Which he is.... Stick money-grabbing in front of that also
Henry Winter ‏ @henrywinter Close
@Micky_Lugs apologies, most people got it

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:18 am

I really believe we are the unluckiest team in the world of football.

Great win!! Very Happy

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:57 am

Chris Chan wrote:
Samritpal Singh wrote:Henry Winter : Nasri subbed for Kolarov. #afc fans giving Nasri the reverse Churchill and the full rolling-dice gesture as he jogs off.

brilliant!

made funnier by:

Mick Rogan ‏ @Micky_Lugs · Open
@henrywinter rolling dice gesture? No...they're calling him a wanker.... Which he is.... Stick money-grabbing in front of that also
Henry Winter ‏ @henrywinter Close
@Micky_Lugs apologies, most people got it

Ahahaha shame not many got it. Classic stuff by Henry Winter.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next