Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player Contracts

+24
Joey Schwab
Subrat Koirala
jason.mandryk
Zaid Derweesh
Jenson Pais
ChippyBrady
Mike York
Mario
ralph avedikian
John Foxall
nick koupparis
Michael Foster
Christopher Flanagan
chris eades
Chris Chan
Greg Waters
DaveToffy
Sami Rockfeller
Vanig Bostanian
Samritpal Singh
Jonathan Prendergast
Jenks1981
Mohamed Samir
Jason Morrison
28 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Player Contracts - Page 6 Empty Re: Player Contracts

Post by Chris Chan Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:53 am

Now apparently Theo rejects new contract...

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:40 am

You know what I am not bothered about Theo rejecting another contract.....

The ox is there give him the chance and sign someone else....

Fed up with season after season of big empty games from him....11 assists 10 goals....pfft
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:45 pm

Not a Theo hater, but what does he think he is? When he cuts in and shoots the ball from outside the box, it's never on target, when he dribbles, he often tackles himself or leaves the ball behind him. He can go as far as I'm concerned but only if Arsene is able to get a replacement in these two days.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Who was that winger we were linked with? Cannot remember his name lol!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by James Lock Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:48 pm

Jesus Navas?

James Lock
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jason.mandryk Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:54 am

I would be quite happy if we were able to unload Walcott and get Navas at the same price. Navas is twice the footballer that Theo is. No hard feelings, Theo, you seem a nice lad, but when you are only effective about 10% of the time, you can't expect to be treated as irreplaceable.
jason.mandryk
jason.mandryk
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:06 am

Is Big J over his homesickness yet? Or is that still a problem?
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Waters Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:54 am

Joey Schwab wrote:Is Big J over his homesickness yet? Or is that still a problem?

Sounds like it might not matter, from the most recent headlines. Would be really surprised to see Theo leave... he's got the trust of Wenger (if not all the fans) and is high up the pecking order at a champions league club. Something tells me they'll sort this out.

Greg Waters
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Agree. It's not as if any decent clubs have come in for him. And he really is somewhat unproven, and there would be a big risk he would be less successful outside the arsenal system.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:25 am

Well it looks like Theo is staying....don't know what to make of it.....

Will have to see how he is in the next game..
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:53 am

Once Wilshere is back/we buy another CM, we may see Walcott play centrally a lot more this season. Can't see him progressing his game any further on the flanks.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:25 am

Wenger and Theo Aparently talked about him playing thru the middle...it was always wengers idea to have him there..shift the ox to the right Theo and giroud upfront and podolski on the left leaves cazorla and whoever in the central mid...with a lot of decent options on the bench.....depends how wengers truly wants to set up the team...

As I have said before its early days and still a guessing game..
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:30 am

Subrat Koirala wrote:Once Wilshere is back/we buy another CM, we may see Walcott play centrally a lot more this season. Can't see him progressing his game any further on the flanks.

Doubt we'll ever play Walcott as a striker in our current system for any sort of extended period, if he is to play some kind of CF role then it will probably come at the cost of us changing formation to accommodate two strikers. Wonder if Wenger will change that then...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:01 pm

Arsenal set to tie down Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sagna and Gibbs

Arsene Wenger is ready to hand new deals to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Bacary Sagna and Kieran Gibbs in a bid to avoid them becoming the latest Arsenal players involved in long-running contract disputes.

The Gunners have seen top talent in the form of Mathieu Flamini, Gael Clichy, Samir Nasri, Alexander Hleb and now Robin van Persie all force moves out of the club in recent years, after their contracts were allowed to run down into the final year.

But a frustrated Wenger, who is facing a similar situation with England winger Theo Walcott, is determined to hang onto the key components of his new-look side, and has moved early to secure their futures.

Full-backs Sagna and Gibbs both have over two years left on their current contracts, but Wenger is willing to reward them with improved terms if they are prepared to sign up in the next few months.

Negotiations are yet to begin with the duo, but it's thought that they are both willing to re-sign with the club, and have not recommended that their agents look at other possibilities.

Elsewhere, Arsenal are also hopeful that Oxlade-Chamberlain will commit to a new deal, despite signing a four-year contract on his arrival from Southampton last summer.

The new deal is aimed at recognising the 19-year-old's transformation from League One wonderkid into Premier League starlet and England international, following a whirl-wind season.

The club are expected to formally begin talks with the trio in the next fortnight.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/910695-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-bacary-sagna-and-kieran-gibbs-set-for-new-arsenal-deals

Goody gumdrops
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:14 pm

Mike York wrote:Arsenal set to tie down Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sagna and Gibbs

The Gunners have seen top talent in the form of Mathieu Flamini, Gael Clichy, Samir Nasri, Alexander Hleb and now Robin van Persie all force moves out of the club in recent years, after their contracts were allowed to run down into the final year.

Some very generous use of top talent there.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:01 pm

Inter Milan and Napoli are on alert after Vito Mannone admitted he has not discussed a new contract at Arsenal despite his current deal due to expire at the end of the season.

According to reports in Italy, both Serie A giants have been impressed by the once third-choice Italian keeper's start to the season, starting five of their seven Premier League games in the absence of injured No 1 Wojciech Szczesny and understudy Lukasz Fabianksi.

Mannone arrived at the Gunners as a teenager from Atalanta in 2005 and has been at the Emirates for seven years, spending spent loans spells at Barnsley and Hull.

But the 24-year-old insists he is more concerned about keeping his place in the side when Szczesny returns.

'Neither myself nor anyone from my family or friends have spoken about any deal,' he told the club's official website.

'At the moment I am really happy and just focusing on training and playing well.

'I am trying to be the No.1 for this club and win trophies. That is my only concern and I would like to make that clear.

'The boss has given me the chance. I have to keep going and prove myself in every single game.

'This is my best time at Arsenal so I would be crazy to not take the chance to put up a fight for my place.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2214987/Vito-Mannone-wanted-inter-Miland-Napoli.html?ITO=1490
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:14 pm

Bollocks, Inter have Mandanovic and Napoli have De sanctis. Only if they want him to be 2nd choice then maybe..

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:34 pm

Swap deal for De Sanctis, perhaps? Very Happy

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenson Pais Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:36 pm

ralph avedikian wrote:Bollocks, Inter have Mandanovic and Napoli have De sanctis. Only if they want him to be 2nd choice then maybe..

He is third choice at Arsenal and this means he could be returning back to Italy.
Jenson Pais
Jenson Pais
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:20 am

I think he has become 2nd choice now at least..

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:52 am

I feel like Mannone is doing pretty well between the sticks. I'm not worried whenever the opposition has the ball around our 18 yard box, but that could be because our back 4 have been performing so well recently. I think Mannone keeps his place even after Szczesny is fit, until he has a major blunder.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:36 am

Bugger. Who would have thought a few months ago that we would be hoping that Manone had his contract extended?

Maybe Wenger can use a new contract as a carrott, saying that if he signs, he will stay Number 1 when SZCZ returns until Manone loses his spot for injury or form.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:35 pm

We should make him sign a contract extension so that we can sell him

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:41 pm

I would be ok with him leaving because it might mean we sign a back up who is actually good.

Ok, that sounds harsh on Mannone who hasn't been that bad really but I don't think he's been that good, either. He doesn't dominate his box and crosses are allowed to come in unchallenged time and again. It happened at Anfield where his handling and ability to claim or come for high balls went unpunished. Chelsea scored twice from set pieces and although you wouldn't call them howlers, would a better keeper like Cech for example have conceded those two goals? Against West Ham, how many times did he come out and claim a high ball and alleviating any pressure? When he did come out, Andy Carroll out-jumped him and should have scored.

This isn't meant to denigrate Mannone who has improved from last season but goalkeeper is still a position that we struggle in and we could do a lot better than Fabianski and Mannone as back ups to an already young and in the last 9 months especially, an inconsistent, Szczesny.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Arsenal are becoming used to players walking out on the club in recent years, the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri, Alex Song and Robin van Persie have all left the club in the last two seasons.

But there is one man who is determined to remain at the Emirates and fight for his place, amid speculation he is set for a move to Italy.

Vito Mannone has impressed for Arsenal this season in the absence of Wojciech Szczseny, but he will be expected to drop to the bench as soon as the Polish goalkeeper is fit again.

At the age of 24, Mannone is at a critical point of his career in which he will expect to be playing week-in week-out, which has led to speculation linking him with a move to Napoli.

However, the Italian goalkeeper has stated he is happy in London and is going to fight for his place in the Arsenal first team.

“I want to make it clear, because there have been unfounded rumours, that my contract is not ending in 12 months,” Mannone told Arsenal Player.

“I’ve got a few more years and I’m happy to be at Arsenal right now. I’m looking at the present and my future is not in doubt.

“I want to stay at Arsenal as long as I can, I don’t want to move to any other club.”

http://www.touchlinetalk.com/arsenal-star-insists-he-will-not-leave/17906/
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next