Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player Contracts

+24
Joey Schwab
Subrat Koirala
jason.mandryk
Zaid Derweesh
Jenson Pais
ChippyBrady
Mike York
Mario
ralph avedikian
John Foxall
nick koupparis
Michael Foster
Christopher Flanagan
chris eades
Chris Chan
Greg Waters
DaveToffy
Sami Rockfeller
Vanig Bostanian
Samritpal Singh
Jonathan Prendergast
Jenks1981
Mohamed Samir
Jason Morrison
28 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Player Contracts - Page 4 Empty Re: Player Contracts

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:50 am

I thought Arshavin was on 80k 50% of which was taxes which is why he started complaining at some point. (The first of his bullshit useless complaints)

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed Samir Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Mohamed Samir
Mohamed Samir
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:00 pm

The former Netherlands manager Marco Van Basten has advised the Arsenal skipper Robin Van Persie to only sign his contract extension with the Gunners if top players will be brought in the club come the summer.

The Dutch striker still has a contract with the Gunners till 2013, but according to Van Basten he shouldn’t sign an extension if star players who can win trophies are going to be brought at the club.

“Arsenal have a few guys behind the scenes who really do want to spend big money on players.

“So far the club have not wanted to give in to these guys. But there comes a point when a player like Robin can say if that remains the philosophy of the club, then he’ll have to move on.

“I really do know that a few guys have loads of money. How do I know this? I meet people in football.

“There is a logical reason for Robin to leave if he wants to win trophies. But he can turn round to the board and the manager and say: ‘Look, I enjoy life here at Arsenal. Why would I leave? But you have to make new signings.’

“If I was Robin, I’d tell the club he wants to win things with Arsenal. And he can also say, ‘If you – the board and the management – cannot fulfil my ambitions, I will have to go.”

“Robin must get the feeling Arsenal will have a squad this summer which can compete with the best teams in England and Europe. They cannot turn around and tell him they are selling the best players, like last summer.

“They have a gem like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, but at the top of ¬European football you also need ¬experience.
“So they need a few players of more maturity – and then you can get Robin to stay.”

If we have a look at things from a general point of view rather than a fan’s point of view, Van Basten has a point.

Robin is a top player and it’s a shame for him to waste his talent fighting for a Big Four spot in the Premiership when he can fight for a title, or several titles. And we’ve said it several times before that this would be the best strategy for Wenger to keep Robin. Transfer a few top players in the summer and the Dutchman is certain to extend his contract immediately.

http://thearsenalblog.com/dutch-legend-tells-van-persie-to-force-arsenal-to-buy-big/1310

Read somewhere else he also identified some targets Arsenal should get as well as Podolski which were Vertonghen, Javier Martinez and Gotze. Not sure how true that bit is though.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:02 pm

Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:52 am

Van Basten (OK, I like him and all that and he has a point) should shut the fuck up and let Robin do the thinking.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:40 am

ChippyBrady wrote:Didn't he say something similar about Cesc and Nasri?

Remember the summer before last when the barca fiasco was basically every day, some asshole talking shit about signing cesc? Wenger said category he would not be sold. And he wasn't. We held on to him, and I'm glad we did. Last summer, our line was a lot less strong - we always knew we would sell. And the fans sort of knew it too. So when Wenger says categorically RVP will not be sold, I believe him.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:55 am

Van Roy Bostanian wrote:Van Basten (OK, I like him and all that and he has a point) should shut the fuck up and let Robin do the thinking.

I get the impression Van Basten has inside information. Maybe him and Robin speak.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:56 am

He was Holland's coach in Euro 2008. On another note, give RvP whatever he wants.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:58 am

I just think Van Basten wants the Arsenal job, always pops in during these moments and makes a comment that has the gooners drooling.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:59 am

He is too inexperienced to get the job.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by jason.mandryk Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:33 am

Has no one mentioned Rosicky just signing a new contract?

How much of a coincidence was this new contract and his amazing run of form happening at the same time?
jason.mandryk
jason.mandryk
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:41 am

jason.mandryk wrote:Has no one mentioned Rosicky just signing a new contract?

How much of a coincidence was this new contract and his amazing run of form happening at the same time?

Was mentioned amd discussed on page 3 and 4 of this thread mate.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by jason.mandryk Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:46 am

So it was. I wonder, of the contract and his great run of form, which is the chicken and which is the egg...
jason.mandryk
jason.mandryk
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:05 am

I think at the start of this season Rosicky knew he had to do something impressive this season to earn a new contract, as his form since his injury up until then wasn't great. I'm glad he has signed on. His age and experience, and versatility, make him very useful to our squad. He is one of the players we have who captain their national side too.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by jason.mandryk Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:13 am

Yeah, but he is taking Goetze's position, so I hope he doesn't mind being backup next year Smile
jason.mandryk
jason.mandryk
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:53 pm

jason.mandryk wrote:So it was. I wonder, of the contract and his great run of form, which is the chicken and which is the egg...

Hopefully his form doesn't drop off now he has earned a new contract.

But in reality, he probably could have left and got better money in Russia, China, Middle East or somewhere.

I think he has some loyalty for Arsenal and something to prove after all he has been through...
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:04 pm

Just wrote that Arsenal will be having a massive clearance this summer, a move that is expected to free up some £23 million in wages.

And it seems that Arsenal are already planning to spend those funds by rewarding two of their existing players.

Alex Song has played really well this season and it looks like Arsenal are looking to tie him up to a new start. The 24-year-old Song is currently on around £55,000 a week on a deal that expires in the summer of 2014.

Arsenal are reported to be be willing to offer Song a five-year deal worth around £75,000 a week, a deal that will make him one of the club’s highest earners.

If Arsenal sign Song to a new deal, does that mean that they are not interested in Rennes holding midfielder M’Vila who they have been strongly linked with? Does not make sense to pay big money to two holding midfielders.

Also expected to be offered a new, improved deal is Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain despite only joining from Southampton last summer.

AOC has really impressed in his first summer and Arsenal are expected to reward his play by doubling his wages to around £40,000 per week .

From what I hear, Arsenal are offering Theo around £75,000 a week and RVP around £120,000. The Theo wages seem about right (they would be in line with Song’s), but RVP’s seems low. I think Arsenal will need to go over £150,000 a week to keep him.

Or to put the RVP another way. Would you rather pay RVP £150,000 a week or pay Nicklas Bendtner, Denilson, Carlos Vela (all on £50,000)?

http://wearearsenalblog.com/song-and-aoc-set-to-get-new-deals/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wearearsenalblog%2FWHxg+%28Arsenal+FC+Blog%29
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by jason.mandryk Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:15 pm

Neither Song nor M'Vila are mere holding midfielders; they both offer much much more than that.
jason.mandryk
jason.mandryk
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:21 am

Sao Paulo wanted Denilson on loan for another season. Arsenal rejected. Club wants to sell.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:01 am

Personally I dont think we should be offering The Ox a bigger pay packet

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:04 am

Chris Chan wrote:Personally I dont think we should be offering The Ox a bigger pay packet

Couldnt agree more

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:15 am

Jenks1981 wrote:
Chris Chan wrote:Personally I dont think we should be offering The Ox a bigger pay packet

Couldnt agree more

Yeah. Still too early.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:02 pm

Winning PFA player of the year WITH Arsenal will mean Robin has every reason to believe in this team and will hence stay.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:42 am

player of the year has nothing to do with the team. If he doesnt think the team shares his ambition, he will leave

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri May 25, 2012 9:04 am

Arsene Wenger has revealed that he kept quiet the extension of Tomas Rosicky’s contract in January.

It was widely reported that Rosicky was playing for a new contract as his form improved but in actual fact Arsenal had already extended the Czech captain’s contract.

“Rosicky is an interesting story,” Wenger told Barclays Premier League World, “because I told him in January ‘I will extend your contract if you agree’ and when I extended his contract he played very well.

“Nobody knew about it and people started to say ‘look Rosicky plays well because he fights for a new contract.’ In fact he had already extended his contract and [his form] was completely reversed.

“He saw the confidence from the club and he’s a very genuine player and not at all what people thought he is.”

Rosicky made 38 appearances for Arsenal last season, the most he has made in any one of his five seasons at the club.

http://wearethenorthbank.com/arsenal-kept-rosicky-deal-under-wraps/
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum