Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Wilshere become as good as Cesc?

+5
Alex Hadjicharalampous
ralph avedikian
Justin Chew
Mike York
Jonathan Prendergast
9 posters

Go down

Can Wilshere become as good as Cesc?

Can Wilshere become as good as Cesc? Vote_lcap30%Can Wilshere become as good as Cesc? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 8 ]
Can Wilshere become as good as Cesc? Vote_lcap19%Can Wilshere become as good as Cesc? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]
Can Wilshere become as good as Cesc? Vote_lcap51%Can Wilshere become as good as Cesc? Vote_rcap 51% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 27

Can Wilshere become as good as Cesc? Empty Can Wilshere become as good as Cesc?

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:28 pm

A question a friend and I were discussing today...

Votes and thoughts?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Can Wilshere become as good as Cesc? Empty Re: Can Wilshere become as good as Cesc?

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Cop outs!
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Can Wilshere become as good as Cesc? Empty Re: Can Wilshere become as good as Cesc?

Post by Mike York Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:59 pm

Not sure about as "good" as Cesc. Will definately need more time to see about that. But I think he will be as important as Cesc. Cesc was ridiculously gifted on the ball and while Wilshere isn't at that level, he makes up for it in other ways such as his energy and his passion. He is more tenacious and will be a better captain (in my opinion). After one season at Arsenal he was one of the first names on our team sheet and also Englands. So he is obviously very gifted.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Chew Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:50 pm

I think we have had enough of the next this and the next that. What we need now is the wiltords and the edus or anyone who can stand and be counted on when we needed them.

Vela , Diaby , Walcott , Bendtner and the lot all has vast potential that didn't materialize. We don't need hope. We need real players now.

Justin Chew
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:26 am

They don't even play in the same position.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:55 am

ralph avedikian wrote:They don't even play in the same position.

True, but it's not like we're comparing strikers with goalkeepers here.

Who knows how good he can become? The annoying thing is he's lost a whole season of development (which seems to be happening to all our young promising players over the past few seasons: Ramsey, Frimpong etc).
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:10 am

I believe Wilshere was played in the more defensive role as part of his development, and that his position will be in the attacking midfield role. He has played more attacking roles most of his career. Cesc made a similar transition.

I think Wilshere's style is more comparable to Iniesta. I think Wilshere is more likely to go on a mazy run with a quick one-two and goal, where as Cesc is more likely to play a defence splitting pass or arrive late at the top of the box to finish.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:10 pm

The "NO!" option is missing?

As much as we like Wilshere, it's way too much to expect him to be as good as Fabregas.

I do agree that he will go on to become a very important player for the club.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:06 am

Meshaal wrote:The "NO!" option is missing?

As much as we like Wilshere, it's way too much to expect him to be as good as Fabregas.

I do agree that he will go on to become a very important player for the club.

Was it to much to expect henry to become one of the best strikers in the world?
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:34 am

I hope he fulfills his own potential, at Arsenal.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Spence Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:06 am

ralph avedikian wrote:They don't even play in the same position.

I agree, I don't think that Jack will ever be able to deliver the goals or assists that Cesc did (as is doing for Barca), but I think he can be as important to the team. I still think we haven't seen enough of him, and it's difficult to predict what he'll be like when (if..) he's back to 100%.
But judging him on past performance, and imagining an improvement every season, he could be the heart of the team for years. He's not the next Cesc, but I think he could fill a role like Xabi Alonso had at Anfield, providing the drive and the pass that opens up an opposing team.
Ed Spence
Ed Spence
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down