Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilshere returns from injury today

+19
Vanig Bostanian
pwoodman1
fkamil
Wesley Wang
Subrat Koirala
Will.sheng
eyal.peer
Chris Chan
Justin Chew
DaveToffy
Jenks1981
Sami Rockfeller
Joey Schwab
jason.mandryk
Zaid Derweesh
Jenson Pais
ralph avedikian
Jonathan Prendergast
Mario
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wilshere returns from injury today Empty Wilshere returns from injury today

Post by Mario Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:51 pm

Jack Wilshere will take a step towards a first team return when he plays in a behind closed doors friendly against Birmingham reserves tomorrow morning (Weds).

His last appearance in an Arsenal shirt was in the Emirates Cup and after a surgery, and a subsequent set-back, a successful outing tomorrow would be a significant step forward. Whether he builds up enough match fitness to play again for the first team this season remains to be seen but Arsene Wenger is optimistic about his chances.

Speaking before the Aston Villa game, he said, “Wilshere is back with the ball and for us that is a huge step. Today we can say if all goes well now in three weeks he will be back with the squad. Then another two weeks to get fit. I don’t have to hold him back yet because at the moment he suffers a lot for fitness. But after three weeks we’ll have to.

“I think he will play this season if he has no setbacks now. His last scan was positive, so he should be capable to play.”

And with Euro 2012 looming, the boss believes Jack needs to play for Arsenal before the season is over to have any chance of playing for England.

“If he has not played at all before the end of the season I don’t think it’s realistic,” he said.

Fingers crossed tomorrow goes well and we see Jack back in red and white during this crucial run in.

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/04/exclusive-wilshere-on-the-comeback-trail/

Don't think it makes a difference for our remaining fixtures as I doubt he was ever going to return this season but good news nevertheless.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wilshere returns from injury today Empty Re: Wilshere returns from injury today

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Please no LANS posts...
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:03 pm

No Wilshere. I suspect it was a late change because Arseblog don't seem the type of site to run a story like this without having checked their sources.

Jamie Sanderson ‏ @YoungGunsBlog
Arsenal XI v #BCFC: Fabiański, Jenkinson, Squillaci, Djourou, Santos; Chamberlain, Özyakup, Benayoun; Park, Chamakh, Gervinho. No Wilshere.

Currently 1-1, Park equalised.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:09 pm

I think it's safe to say that Park 'scores when he wants' for the reserves. I really believe we should give him a chance with the first team.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenson Pais Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:11 pm

Hmmm, I was hoping Wilshere would play at least 3-4 games before the season ends. I guess Wenger and the medical staff are wary of injury setbacks.
Jenson Pais
Jenson Pais
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Interesting, that. What's more interesting to me: Djourou, Santos, Ox, Gervinho. Why are they playing reserve games? Do they need a fitness boost?

As for Wilshere, I don't care if he plays between now and the end of the season. Won't make a massive difference.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:53 pm

Agree re: Wilshere. Even if he played today, he wouldn't have made a big difference. Can't believe he's missed the whole season.

And the 1st team players played 45mins apparently, just for match sharpness.

And Park deserves a place on the bench ahead of Chamakh. At least he scores in these games.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jason.mandryk Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:01 am

Can't believe he's missed the whole season because of unnecessary, silly decisions LAST SUMMER. His presence in the side for this past season would have been the difference in a lot of matches, I reckon. And his absence hurt all the more at it essentially coincided with the sales of Nasri and Cesc.
jason.mandryk
jason.mandryk
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:08 am

I feel like I say this every time the reserves play, but how is Park not getting games over Chamakh?? He scores every time he plays, albeit for the reserves, but its not like he has had the chance to score in the first team.
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:27 am

Park's case intrigues me. Too good for reserves too bad for a place on the bench. Wenger's mind works in a funny way.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:54 am

Sami Rockfeller wrote:Park's case intrigues me. Too good for reserves too bad for a place on the bench. Wenger's mind works in a funny way.

How is him scoring in the reserves making him "too good" for the reserves, to me, it just means he is decent at that level, which isnt saying much.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:34 am

He's too good for them Jenks. The kids can't handle him. He's like the Ronaldo of reserves and he doesn't even look half interested while playing for them.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:48 am

Jenks1981 wrote:
Sami Rockfeller wrote:Park's case intrigues me. Too good for reserves too bad for a place on the bench. Wenger's mind works in a funny way.

How is him scoring in the reserves making him "too good" for the reserves, to me, it just means he is decent at that level, which isnt saying much.
I think what Sami is trying to say is Park is somewhere in between the Reserve level and our level. I think he could do pretty well at a mid-table side like Fulham or Everton - he's just not completely up-to-par with our First Team quality. Chamakh is a similar case - that quality is there, we've seen it... he's just lost it quicker than David Duval forgot how to play golf.
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Chew Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:10 am

how is Chamakh not scoring for the reserves and still gets to be bench warmer is what people are saying. and park is scoring for national team and reserves and still not get to be on the bench. he's more expensive too if that's a factor to play him.

Justin Chew
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:18 am

Was 1-1 the final score?

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:40 am

Yes.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:02 am

Park, the next Lupoli

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:16 am

Jamie Sanderson ‏ @YoungGunsBlog Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
I'm told Jack Wilshere not had a setback, just not fit yet. Yesterday's match only arranged as game between Reserve fixtures.

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eyal.peer Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:29 pm

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/895526-arsenals-jack-wilshere-suffers-setback-in-recovery-from-injury

"he picked up a minor knee injury while undertaking rehabilitation work last week and had to rest for four days, reports the Sunday Mirror.
Although it was unrelated to his initial problem, the missed training sessions are likely to push his return date back."
eyal.peer
eyal.peer
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Will.sheng Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:15 am

How f'd would it be if Park was actually North Korean? I wonder how his dictator would treat him if he went back? He has no chance next season. I'd imagine bolton will end up buying him from us.

Will.sheng
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:42 am

Will.sheng wrote:How f'd would it be if Park was actually North Korean? I wonder how his dictator would treat him if he went back? He has no chance next season. I'd imagine bolton will end up buying him from us.
He'd be quality for a team like Bolton imo. Whether he has it or not to play for us remains a mystery, but I feel he should be given a chance for a couple games on the bounce. May be the Emirates cup?
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:26 am

He could be a useful bargaining chip for a signing over the summer..
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Will.sheng Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:32 am

Or maybe there is a clause on his contract stating that if he plays more that 5 games, arsenal pay him £100 bonus. Arsene is a smart guy

Will.sheng
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Wesley Wang Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:41 pm

I think Park is a good player to have on the bench/reserves. He seems like a decent finisher and would be a good option to have in Carling Cup games. Also, Gervinho hasn't exactly cemented his spot at LW so hopefully he'll get a few games there next season.

Chamakh's career here is surely over. Even at his best I think there were doubts on his finishing ability, he just doesn't look up to standard. On the flip side, however, we seem to playing more crosses into the box recently (Sagna and Walcott), so he might have something to offer there.

Any news on Diaby?
Wesley Wang
Wesley Wang
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:02 am

Wesley Wang wrote:I think Park is a good player to have on the bench/reserves. He seems like a decent finisher and would be a good option to have in Carling Cup games. Also, Gervinho hasn't exactly cemented his spot at LW so hopefully he'll get a few games there next season.

Chamakh's career here is surely over. Even at his best I think there were doubts on his finishing ability, he just doesn't look up to standard. On the flip side, however, we seem to playing more crosses into the box recently (Sagna and Walcott), so he might have something to offer there.

Any news on Diaby?

I don't know how you can think that Park has a future here and Chamakh doesnt when Chamakh consistantly gets on the bench ahead of Park, Wenger clearly thinks he is better. Both will leave in the Summer along with Bendtner and Vela which will leave us room for Podolski to come into the breach.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next