Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v Norwich

+4
Meshaal
deep.gurung
Andreas Wæhre
Jonathan Prendergast
8 posters

Go down

Arsenal v Norwich Empty Arsenal v Norwich

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:41 am

Saturday the 19th of October, 3:00pm at Emirates.

Arsenal in 1st Place, Norwich in 18th position.

Norwich have played 7, won 2 and drawn 1.

Arsenal are likely to have Cazorla back from injury.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Norwich Empty Re: Arsenal v Norwich

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:54 am

My predicated line up

-------------- SZCZ -------------
Jenkinson -- Per -- Kos -- Gibbs
--------- Arteta -- Ramsey ---------
Gnarby ------ Ozil ------ Rosicky
-------------- Giroud -------------

Jack, Santi, Flamini to come on.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas Wæhre Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:04 pm

Really hope to see cazorla and özil start together for this one. Will be interesting to see if Wenger starts with Arteta/Flamini or Arteta/Ramsey, with Ramsey played 2 international games recently (He cant play every PL-game), and Arteta/Flamini. I know Arteta/Flamini sounds a bit to defensive, but with özil, cazorla, jack/rosicky, will have plenty of creativity, and Arteta can do his magic just infront on Flamini.. Lets just wait and see:)

Anyway.. Anyone know if this match is sent live on TV somewhere? 2 weeks without Arsenal and they don`t even send this match live!

Andreas Wæhre
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:16 am

finally, something to look forward to this weekend. is ozil fit?? heard he limped back in the german game.
ozil and cazorla ..... thats something everyone been looking forward to.
3-1 to arsenal
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:17 am

Andreas Wæhre wrote:Really hope to see cazorla and özil start together for this one. Will be interesting to see if Wenger starts with Arteta/Flamini or Arteta/Ramsey, with Ramsey played 2 international games recently (He cant play every PL-game), and Arteta/Flamini. I know Arteta/Flamini sounds a bit to defensive, but with özil, cazorla, jack/rosicky, will have plenty of creativity, and Arteta can do his magic just infront on Flamini.. Lets just wait and see:)

Anyway.. Anyone know if this match is sent live on TV somewhere? 2 weeks without Arsenal and they don`t even send this match live!

I think Arteta and Flamini worked brilliantly against Napoli, but not so well against West Brom.

I also think Wenger will tend to keep Ramsey playing as much as possible, unless injured, to keep his form going. At 22, you recover quite quickly.

So for Norwich, I think it will be Ramsey + either Arteta or Flamini.

But I can never guess Wenger's line ups.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas Wæhre Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:51 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:
Andreas Wæhre wrote:Really hope to see cazorla and özil start together for this one. Will be interesting to see if Wenger starts with Arteta/Flamini or Arteta/Ramsey, with Ramsey played 2 international games recently (He cant play every PL-game), and Arteta/Flamini. I know Arteta/Flamini sounds a bit to defensive, but with özil, cazorla, jack/rosicky, will have plenty of creativity, and Arteta can do his magic just infront on Flamini.. Lets just wait and see:)

I think Arteta and Flamini worked brilliantly against Napoli, but not so well against West Brom.

I also think Wenger will tend to keep Ramsey playing as much as possible, unless injured, to keep his form going. At 22, you recover quite quickly.

So for Norwich, I think it will be Ramsey + either Arteta or Flamini.

But I can never guess Wenger's line ups.
I have no doubt about a top athlete at 22 years old have any problem of recovering from 2 maches a week phycically.. But 2 competitions a week have to be very hard mentally! But when things are going the way is it for Ramsey at the moment, mabye the mental part of the games gives him even more energy? If it was my choise I would go for the same as you, with Ramsey and Arteta/flamini..

Wenger saying cazorla is not macht-fit i guess he starts on the bench and gets a run-in during the 2.half! Wilshere and rosicky on each side maby?

Andreas Wæhre
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:43 pm

With the amount of quality we have in our mid-field right now, not really worried about the team Wenger puts out against Norwich.

It goes without saying that Ramsey must start.

Arteta and Flamini make a good mid-field pairing in my opinion and Arteta really is versatile enough to play alongside a more defensive partner as well (recall his first season at the club). Having said that, I have a feeling he won't be starting against Norwich.

Would love to see Gnabry getting game time again before competition for the wide berths gets really intense. For me, Walcott is the undisputed 1st choice on the right.

Predicted starting XI : Szczesny, Gibbs, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Jenkinson, Flamini, Ramsey, Rosicky, Ozil, Gnabry, Giroud.

That leaves the likes of Wilshere, Cazorla, Arteta, Monreal and Bendtner on the bench. Really expect to see Cazorla coming on as a sub and getting 20-30 minutes. The squad does look a bit thin defensively, one injury away from being exposed with both Koscielny and Sagna out.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas Wæhre Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Meshaal wrote:The squad does look a bit thin defensively, one injury away from being exposed with both Koscielny and Sagna out.
Koscielny played 90 min for France in midweek, and unless something has happened, he`s fit. Wenger also said Sagna is fit in press conference this morning.

Andreas Wæhre
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Andreas Wæhre wrote:
Meshaal wrote:The squad does look a bit thin defensively, one injury away from being exposed with both Koscielny and Sagna out.
Koscielny played 90 min for France in midweek, and unless something has happened, he`s fit. Wenger also said Sagna is fit in press conference this morning.

That is excellent news Very Happy

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:28 am

Szczesny Sagna Per Laurent Gibbs Ramsey Flamini Arteta Ozil Giroud Rosicky
I have been waiting quite some time for a thumping so I will go with 5-0. I know I said it before the West Bromwich game and that didn't work really well but I have a feeling we will get a big score soon.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:54 pm

Vanig Bostanian wrote:Szczesny Sagna Per Laurent Gibbs Ramsey Flamini Arteta Ozil Giroud Rosicky
I have been waiting quite some time for a thumping so I will go with 5-0. I know I said it before the West Bromwich game and that didn't work really well but I have a feeling we will get a big score soon.
The old 4-5-1 formation? I think it's good to have either of them on the wing, but it leaves the team a bit unbalanced when we don't have at least 1 traditional winger, like Walcott, Gnabry or Podolski.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:08 am

Anyone got a decent stream? Can't find many about and the one I'm on is so laggy! Sad

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by loodle Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:13 am

Steve Dawson wrote:Anyone got a decent stream? Can't find many about and the one I'm on is so laggy! Sad
If you have sopcast, this is what I'm watching....but it's not English (Spanish I think)
sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/146691

loodle
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:51 am

how have we been playing????
missed the first 40min and now dealing with extremely laggy stream.
is ozil and cazrola combination as good as we expected??
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:07 am

decent streams ???
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas Wæhre Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:58 am

holy shit!
4 classy goals, 1 one goal of the season from jack, 2 from Ozil and one Ramsey.. Though we didnt control the entire game, I loved to watch Arsenal today..

Im BUSSING!!

Andreas Wæhre
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:54 am

Norwich played better than the scoreline suggests, but our class/skill was just too much for them. I think we are being able to control the game more by having the ball less these days. Of course, I think the possession is something like 60-40 in our favour, but this is not the Cesc day Arsenal, the team is keeping shape when we don't have the ball and not letting the opposition do anything with, still would love us to get clean sheets. Needless to say our goals were absolute class. Out of curiosity I'd like to know what mode Ramsey is on! I know he can score goals with his late runs into the box, but I never knew he had THAT much "skillz", he tested the goal keeper with two quality shots before scoring a (sorry to say that) Nasri-esque goal and then the Zidane-esque whatever making a fool out of the opposition. My player ratings:
Szczesny 7: Solid, as usual these days
Sagna 7: See above
Koscielny 7: See above
Per 6.5: Had a good game but failed to clear the ball properly which led to their goal
Gibbs 7: Left footed Sagna
Santi 7: Looked tired but had a key role in our first two goals
Flamini 7: Not that he did a lot, but we lost shape when he came off which underlines his importance
Arteta 7: Looked good literally, some uncharactersitically dodgy passing, but a very good performance overall
Ozil 9: At 42.5m looks like a bargain lol
Jack 8: I'm happy he's responding to the "he plays shit for the national team" and "smoker" shit in the best possible way, by playing well and scoring goals
Giroud 8: I just love this character, does so much to the team, neat assists today
Aaron 9: Discussed him in the paragraph above
Rosicky 7: Did well and his high tempo helped us improve the game
Bendtner 6.5: Encouraging to see that we have an able backup striker in case something happens to Giroud

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:12 am

http://www.footballorgin.com/2013/10/premier-league-2013-2014-arsenal-v.html

for those who missed the match or could not watch it due to extremely laggy stream, like me.
unfortunately its in in spanish or something that sounds like spanish.

after two weeks of no football and tivo still to make an appearance in my country, we do what we can
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:21 am

deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:20 am

So it looks like:

1 - Giroud assist for Wilshire goal
2 - Giroud assist for Ozil goal
3 - Wilshire assist for Ramsey goal
4 - Ramsey assist for Ozil goal

Really spreading the load amongst those 4! How long can Ramsey continue this run?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:35 am

that was some sexy football with booty shaking goals
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:30 am

If this wasn't a game that gave chills to football fans, nothing will. That first goal was good enough to break any defense in world football. That is all.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down