Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thierry Henry Loan.

+28
jason.mandryk
Alan Dawson
Michael Foster
Mohamed Samir
Sami Rockfeller
janelle.noel
Jason Morrison
Jenks1981
Jeff Chouest III
Ed Spence
Ashraf Peeran
Samritpal Singh
Vanig Bostanian
Alejandro Perreira
Sue Lee
Mario
Mike York
Jenson Pais
sbell
Graham Edward Denton
Jonathan Prendergast
Justin Chew
Joey Schwab
Darcy Gorman
Zaid Derweesh
Chris Chan
Dan Hakim
Sebastian Steele
32 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Thierry Henry Loan. - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry Loan.

Post by Alan Dawson Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:06 am

Chris Chan wrote:At least Titi leaves properly now, can give a proper goodbye and without any animosity from the fans. He is and always will be a legend, but this stint has hopefully turned any of the few haters he had. I will remember what he has given to this club forever

I suspect it will not be the last we shall see of him!

Alan Dawson
Youth Team

http://onthebeak.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:57 am

Alan Dawson wrote:
Chris Chan wrote:At least Titi leaves properly now, can give a proper goodbye and without any animosity from the fans. He is and always will be a legend, but this stint has hopefully turned any of the few haters he had. I will remember what he has given to this club forever

I suspect it will not be the last we shall see of him!

Same here. Got a feeling he will come back later maybe as a coach.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:28 pm

This loan turned out to be great. In a season where we don't/didn't have a lot to cheer about except for maybe some of van Persie's magic and the Chelsea victory (again due to van Persie's magic), he gave us a lot to cheer about. The tears he showed during the unveiling of his statue, the comeback he made against Leeds (even before scoring the goal), the winner and the only goal during the game, the goal against Blackburn, and now the last gasp winner against Sunderland are things I will never ever forget from this guy. These moments, for me, are better than anything we've had in the past 3-4 seasons. Hopefully, he scores at least one against Milan and makes his tally 230, a nice round number for the all time great.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:19 am

I was kind of cautious when I heard he was returning. He was always going to be a huge character/influence in the locker room and would have youngsters emormously in training, but on the pitch I figured he may have lost some of his magic and fans would expect too much from him. But he delivered completely. A proper legend of the club.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:28 am

Arsenal legend and all round cult hero Thierry Henry has spoken on his recent return to the club he loves, during a two month loan spell back with Arsenal from his current employers New York Red Bulls, and the Arsenal legend has vowed to put emotions aside in his final game with the club in Milan against the Rossoneri in order to propel the club further in this Champions League second round first leg in the hostile atmosphere of the San Siro stadium.

Thierry Henry’s love for Arsenal is second to none, and he demonstrated that passion as he clinched the winning goal deep into injury time for the Gunners at the Stadium of Light on Saturday against Sunderland, before celebrating his goal in his final Premier League game of his loan period, in front of the travelling Arsenal away support, but Henry also knows the club and his former manager Arsene Wenger are still chasing their first Champions League glory and cannot afford to get sucked into the glory, since they reached the final six years ago under Arsene Wenger and lost against Barcelona in the final – who Henry eventually joined.

And speaking on his emotional return to Arsenal, and what it has meant to him and how he will feel as he plays in his last game for the Gunners, Thierry Henry told reporters:

“Will I be emotional? When it comes to Arsenal I am always emotional.”

“It was an amazing feeling on Saturday. When I was warming up the fans started clapping.”

“Where does this goal rank? Of course, some are more special than others.”

“I was just at the end of a great cross but it was me, it was the last minute and it is a great story.”

“But the most important thing are the three points and we can go forward now, with me in the team or not.”

“It was so special for me — to be able to celebrate with all the Arsenal fans, who had come such a long way — it really was magical.”

“But now we look ahead to Milan. It’s never easy to win away in the Champions League and all we want is to get some momentum. I’m sure the lads want to go all the way.”

Thierry Henry also spoke on the possibility of returning next season in a similar loan spell – seriously why not just re-sign him rather than these short term loan deal that make no sense for two months?:

“Sometimes you never know when something is going to end.”

“I never thought I was going to come back and play for Arsenal. Who knows if I can say that this was definitely the end, it could be different. Who knows?”

“That’s why I celebrated so much with my team-mates and the fans. We will see.”

http://arsenal-news.com/thierry-henry-being-back-at-arsenal-has-been-emotional/2390
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by jason.mandryk Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:12 am

I wonder how much it would be to buy him from the Red Bulls. I also wonder how much people would feel he is worth to us now. I would guess that the latter might be a larger number than the former.
jason.mandryk
jason.mandryk
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:55 pm

While Henry has scored three goals during his loan spell, Wenger says his dressing room stature has been invaluable too.

“We must say that he was on fantastic on the pitch and off the pitch in the dressing room,” he said. “He has given us a big boost at Sunderland and against Leeds as well, so let’s hope we can continue like that.

“He is intelligent and he has the respect of the players. He has done it before so they listen to his advice. He just has a helpful attitude and when you have done what he has done, players listen to you.

“He was also very positive to keep the confidence level high, because we were in a bit of a crisis with losing three games. When you are a young player, the spirit drops quickly. He just tried to keep the spirit high in the camp.”

http://wearearsenalblog.com/wenger-henry-has-had-impact-off-pitch-too/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wearearsenalblog%2FWHxg+%28Arsenal+FC+Blog%29
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:20 am

I think he will score tomorrow. He scored on his first game back, he scored in his last home game, and he scored in his last prem game. He's a man for the occasion, and it's only right that he scores in his last game, taking his tally to 230.

Believe. (and put money on it)

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:58 am

He must. I want him to score the 230th and get a round number. Looks nicer.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:27 am

Indeed, 230 would be quite a nice tally for the king. His return, and its success, has truly been one of the few bright spots in this season. I don't want him to leave Sad
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:41 am

Bacary Sagna and Robin van Persie believe that Thierry Henry would like to stay at Arsenal for longer, with the forward set to finish his loan spell from New York Red Bulls.

The Gunners legend has enjoyed a prosperous period during his temporary reunion with the club, scoring three times in six appearances, sparking some fans to wonder if Wednesday’s Champions League clash with AC Milan will really be his final outing for Arsenal.

“He would like to stay, but he wants to be loyal to New York,” right-back Sagna told L’Equipe.

Club captain Van Persie confided that the loan move has been a freeing experience for his old colleague, but spoke of how the French forward told him he had really enjoyed himself.

“During his whole career he has had to be focused, score, and repeat it over and over again, without having time to stop and enjoy the moment, because he worked like a machine,” the Dutchman observed.

“But he told me, for the very first time, he really had fun.”

Henry himself reiterated that he would not be extending the loan deal in order to ensure that he returns to training with his employers in time for the new MLS season, but added that he could not rule out another return someday.

“You never know how things would end,” the 34-year-old said.

“It is certainly the end. But who knows ? Perhaps it can be different.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/02/15/2907624/bacary-sagna-and-robin-van-persie-adamant-thierry-henry
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:12 pm

Thierry Henry has called on Arsenal fans to once again stick together as he reflected on the disappointment of ending his loan spell with a 4-0 defeat against AC Milan.

Speaking more as a supporter of the club he has come to love, the Frenchman spoke with passion about the challenges ahead and the highs and lows of fanaticism.

You have to remember that you go through moments where it is not always nice,” he told the Arsenal website.

“If you are an Arsenal fan then you are an Arsenal fan, that’s the way it is. Once a Gunner you are always a Gunner, you can’t change.

“I can’t talk for people whose families have supported Arsenal forever. But I am sure if you talk to their parents, and their parents too, they will tell you to enjoy this generation because they had some bad moments.

“I am sure the fans will understand that they have to stay with the team. We all need to be together because it’s the same when the team is winning and also when you lose.”

Looking back on past successes with a revisionist attitude is something we supporters all too often indulge in. Stressing that he too experienced his fair share of disappointment while sporting the red and white, Henry made clear that it is the way that teams cope with disappointment that set apart the winners from the losers.

“Even the generation before that won the Double in 1998 or 1971, they had some very bad moments,” continued. “So that is what I would like to say to the fans: do not forget that.

“It was not always nice and pretty, you have to remember that we had some times where we just wanted to go home at the end of the game. The difference is how this team can react and I think this team can do that.

“We realise it is going to be a hell of a task but who knows? The Sunderland game is just around the corner so we have to go there and win.”

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/02/henry-bids-farewell-with-emotional-message-to-fans/?utm_source=feedburner.com%2Farseblognews&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arseblognews+%28Arseblog+News+-+the+one+stop+Arsenal+news+site%29
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by jason.mandryk Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:25 am

Even more of a legend. And referring to the Sunderland match as "we", even though he'll already be back in NYC...
jason.mandryk
jason.mandryk
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:59 am

Didn't want to make a thread for this but:
http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/blog/post/2012/03/25/thierry-henrys-brace-home-opener
Thierry Henry's brace. A perfect example for class being permanent. The second goal is a typical Henry finish.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:18 am

Van Roy Bostanian wrote:Didn't want to make a thread for this but:
http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/blog/post/2012/03/25/thierry-henrys-brace-home-opener
Thierry Henry's brace. A perfect example for class being permanent. The second goal is a typical Henry finish.
The finish for his 2nd goal is just so sexy.
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevel024 Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:26 am

I was at the game and he should have scored a third. BTW Arsenal America was there as well for a session with Henry afterwards and he signed my kit. I'll try to have videos up later.

Stevel024
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Assan Touray Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:32 am

Got his first hat trick in the MLS yesterday, against the Montreal Impact Impact.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2012-03-31-ny-v-mtl/recap
Assan Touray
Assan Touray
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat May 12, 2012 9:21 pm

The cunts have now taken his goal from Blackburn and counted it as a Scott Dann own goal. I gues he now has 228 goals for us and not 229.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat May 12, 2012 9:21 pm

Arseblog mentioned it.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:56 am

just a bit special

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:20 am

Flanagan is tweeting that Henry might come back again. What's this all about?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:22 am

He should come back PERMANANTLY if VP leaves. Perfect Substitute and mentor around the club!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:23 am

Van Roy Bostanian wrote:The cunts have now taken his goal from Blackburn and counted it as a Scott Dann own goal. I gues he now has 228 goals for us and not 229.

Late reply I know, but only just seen this. I left that game about 45 seconds before Henry scored and I've never forgiven myself for missing Henry's last goal at the Emirates. I feel a tiny bit better now I know it's gone down as an og. Still pretty gutted though.

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Thierry Henry admits he would welcome the opportunity to take in a third spell at Arsenal, but claims to have held no discussions with the Gunners.

The 34-year-old striker made an emotional return to North London in January as he took in a short-term loan.

Henry was able to link up with the Gunners during the MLS off-season, with the New York Red Bulls happy for him to maintain his fitness in Europe.

The former France international has hinted that a similar deal could be put in place this season.

Arsenal's all-time record goalscorer has also revealed that he is hoping to take up a position at Emirates Stadium once the time comes to hang up his boots.

He still has 18 months left to run on his contract in New York, but is already thinking about life after football.

Future

"I would like to go back to England with Arsenal for sure," Henry said when asked about a second loan stint with the Gunners.

"I wasn't planning to go back to play last season. It was only because Gervinho and (Marouane) Chamakh went to the African Nations Cup.

"I was there to train and they asked me if I wanted to play. Who knows what might happen in the future?

"I've not yet spoken to Arsene (Wenger) about it so I don't know what capacity I could go back in.

"Coaching does interest me but I don't know what my talent is going to be after I have finished my career. But I will go back to Arsenal."
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:16 pm

I would say get him on loan again.....

If robin sees out his last year...henry is one person you could almost count on to persuade robin to see out his years with us...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next