Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer transfer window 2013

+34
Sivaram Sukumar
Ravneet Singh
Ashraf Peeran
Marko Maksimović
chris eades
Subrat Koirala
deep.gurung
Mohamed Samir
Aseem Bajpai
Andreas Wæhre
Dan Hakim
kique.canto
Joey Schwab
pwoodman1
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Jenson Pais
Michael Schatzky
Samritpal Singh
Meshaal
Mario
Jonathan Prendergast
Vijay Saibola
Kevin C.A.
cozypilo
ralph avedikian
John Foxall
Hisham El Mawan
Jenks1981
Vanig Bostanian
Chris Chan
jason.mandryk
Jason Morrison
Mike York
Michael Foster
38 posters

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

Summer transfer window 2013  - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2013

Post by Vijay Saibola Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:22 am

Finally our useless scouts have their eye on an excellent player.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4812571/Eintracht-midfielder-Sebastian-Rode-eyed-by-Arsenal-at-75m.html

Not waiting until Bayern or some other medium-sized club springs up and snaps him. Then he becomes too expensive for us and ruled out for ever.

Vijay Saibola
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:44 am

Vijay Saibola wrote:Finally our useless scouts have their eye on an excellent player.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4812571/Eintracht-midfielder-Sebastian-Rode-eyed-by-Arsenal-at-75m.html

Not waiting until Bayern or some other medium-sized club springs up and snaps him. Then he becomes too expensive for us and ruled out for ever.

If I was Wenger I would be snapping him up...becoming highly rated...from what I have seen of him a good good player..
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:04 am

I think the squad is fine, bar 2 real quality players. While Hangelannd and Rode would be good, I would prefer 1 or 2 top quality players, like Cavani and Felliani.

With these sorts of players playing, players like Wilshere, Arteta, Cazorla, Podolski, Walcott would be dragged up with them. And when the midfield and forwards are playing well, I think the defence will also play well.

We need some belief. Some winners.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:04 pm

We keep being linked with Maxime Gonalons from Lyon. I'd definately take him if we got the chance. Lyon are not doing great financially so I wouldn't be shocked if the rumours were true.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:51 pm

Former Arsenal star Marc Overmars has revealed that he would be open to returning to the club in the future as part of the backroom staff.

The Dutchman enjoyed a three-year spell at the club between 1997 and 2000 before hanging up his boots in 2004, and now holds the position of technical director at one of his former clubs, Ajax.

Overmars, who scored 41 goals in 142 appearances for the Gunners, admits that he is happy to continue his work at the Amsterdam Arena for the time being, but admits it is possible that a return to Arsenal could beckon one day in the future.

“When you get older as a player, you work out what your qualities are for the future,” Overmars told the London Evening Standard. “I was quite fast to realise being a manager was not my job.

“The way I work with Ajax, I do the transfers, the contracts and organise the scouting, so it suits me. It wouldn’t surprise me if I work in the future at Arsenal — it could be a possibility.

“I’ve never discussed it with Arsene Wenger. But if the board think about the future and make a list of people to work at the club, it wouldn’t surprise me if I am on the list of people.

Overmars is just one member of the famous Ajax team of the mid 90’s who have moved into staff roles at the club in recent times. Frank de Boer currently manages the club, working alongside another former Gunner in Denis Bergkamp, while former Manchester United goalkeeper Edwin Van Der Sar holds the position of sporting directo
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:09 am

Arsenal plan £8m summer move for Swansea captain Ashley Williams

Arsène Wenger wants to sign Ashley Williams from Swansea City at the end of the season having lost faith in his central defensive partnership of Thomas Vermaelen and Per Mertesacker.

Wenger has identified the Wales captain as someone with the leadership qualities to control and organise Arsenal's defence in a way more reminiscent of when the club built a large part of their success on having a dominant figure such as Tony Adams, Martin Keown or Steve Bould in the heart of their back four.

Arsenal face competition for the 28-year-old Williams from Liverpool, with Brendan Rodgers also prioritising the signing of at least one established centre-half in the summer and keen to recruit a player he previously managed at Swansea. Williams, contracted to 2015, would cost in the region of £8m.

Williams has been an integral part of Swansea's success since joining the club from Stockport County, in the Roberto Martínez era, establishing himself over the last five years as a key figure in defence with his reading of the game and ability to organise and take responsibility.

The absence of such a player has been repeatedly exposed during some of Arsenal's key matches this season, not least the 2-1 defeat at Tottenham Hotspur that leaves Wenger's team seven points behind their rivals with 10 games remaining, facing the distinct possibility of finishing behind them for the first time since Gerry Francis was the manager at White Hart Lane in 1995.

Wenger had already made up his mind that he needed a new centre-half well before the north London derby and, ideally, wanted to bring in someone in the January transfer window. What happened at the weekend is hardly likely to have persuaded him to rethink bearing in mind the soft nature of Tottenham's goals and the way neither Vermaelen nor Mertesacker, experienced internationals with Belgium and Germany respectively, seem capable of taking charge of the team's defence.

Wenger, whose appointment of Bould as assistant manager this season has failed to find a solution, had hoped Vermaelen could be that controlling, organisational player but there are few signs of it happening. The Belgian was particularly culpable on Sunday when Arsenal's poor defensive line let in Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon to score in quick succession.

In Liverpool's case, Rodgers is preparing for Jamie Carragher's retirement and is not convinced by Martin Skrtel's performances. Rodgers has already spoken of wanting to "bring in some men" after a period of recruitment that has seen the club concentrate mostly on signing players of 23 or under. Sebastián Coates, the 22-year-old Uruguayan, could also be on his way out of Anfield and that means Rodgers might need as many as three new centre-backs to go alongside Daniel Agger.

Williams, who has played in all four professional divisions and began his career with Hednesford Town, fits the bill as someone who is not just one of the leading lights in Michael Laudrup's team but also a strong figure in the dressing room who will lead by example.

Fulham poised to snap up Arsenal midfielder Frimpong on free transfer

Emmanuel Frimpong is in line for a free transfer summer switch to Fulham after being told he has no future at Arsenal.
The Ghana midfielder, who is on loan at Craven Cottage, is no longer part of Arsene Wenger's long-term plans at the Emirates.

Interest: Fulham are ready to make Emmanuel Frimpong's loan move a permanent one
Frimpong has been with the Gunners since he was nine-years-old - but he can leave for nothing at the end of the season.
Fulham boss Martin Jol is in pole position to land Frimpong, 21, on a permanent deal.
Jol said: 'If there is an opportunity to take him, I would probably do it.'

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:27 pm

Join the club: Arsenal-plundering Manchester City are now eyeing up Carl Jenkinson

England defender is a candidate to join Gunners-to-Eastlands talent drain as right-back-hungry Blues seek to continue policy of buying young Brits

Manchester City are keeping tabs on Arsenal full-back Carl Jenkinson.

Premier League champions City are committed to buying the best young English talent, and may consider an approach if the promising 21-year-old becomes available.

They moved for Jack Rodwell and Scott Sinclair last summer, and a new right-back is on the agenda for the coming close-season.

City were one of the clubs keen on Jenkinson before he joined the Gunners from Charlton for £1million two years ago, but insist they are not currently interested.

Arsenal are likely to sell Bacary Sagna this summer and have Feyenoord’s Daryl Janmaat top of their hit-list.

That may alert clubs to check on the availability of Jenkinson, whose impressive form earlier this season earned him an England call-up.

Essex-born Jenkinson, a life-long Gunners fan, has signed a new long-term deal, and Arsenal rebuffed several approaches from clubs – including Stoke and Wigan – in January to take him on loan.

If he did make the move north, Jenkinson would join ex-Gunners Samir Nasri, Gael Clichy and Kolo Toure at City.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-carl-jenkinson-manchester-1747547

Probably a load of bull. Even if it isn't then can't see Jenkinson, a proper Arsenal fan since a kid (sorry RvP...) leaving so soon.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:09 pm

^ That Jenkinson story is another John Cross classic.

'May consider an approach if he becomes available'

'Insist they are not currently interested'

'May alert clubs to check on the availability of Jenkinson'

So basically, if we decide to sell Jenkinson, some clubs may be interested in signing him. How is this news worthy of reporting?! They just try and make stories out of absolutely nothing.

Then again, Cross also said Tottenham were interested in Chamakh last summer. And how Santos turned down a move to Galatasaray, even though Galatasaray already had their Turkish league quota of 10 foreign players when they signed Drogba a couple of days before the window closed, so how could he have turned them down if there was no room in their squad for him? I mentioned this to Cross on Twitter but he didn't respond.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:52 pm

"May consider an approach if he becomes available" hahahahaha. If I were rich, I'd consider buying Sheikh X's limited edition Ferrari if he were to sell it. Does he want to sell it though?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:47 am

Mario wrote:^ That Jenkinson story is another John Cross classic.

'May consider an approach if he becomes available'

'Insist they are not currently interested'

'May alert clubs to check on the availability of Jenkinson'

So basically, if we decide to sell Jenkinson, some clubs may be interested in signing him. How is this news worthy of reporting?! They just try and make stories out of absolutely nothing.

Then again, Cross also said Tottenham were interested in Chamakh last summer. And how Santos turned down a move to Galatasaray, even though Galatasaray already had their Turkish league quota of 10 foreign players when they signed Drogba a couple of days before the window closed, so how could he have turned them down if there was no room in their squad for him? I mentioned this to Cross on Twitter but he didn't respond.

I''ve heard 'John Cross' and 'bullshit' in the same sentence numerous times so I'm not shocked. Isn't he meant to be an Arsenal fan though? I know lying is part of the job for most journalists but at least lie in favour of the club you support.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:46 am

Allegedly interested in Pierre Emerick- Aubameyang (had to copy-paste) - sounds exciting or will he be another Gervinho?

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:10 pm

So, are we any chance to get Cavani?

And would you take Suarez?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:32 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:So, are we any chance to get Cavani?

Not sure about cavani but I would take Suarez at the drop of a hat...he may be a pain in the arse but his goals and work rate speak for themselves....can get a goal from almost anywhere he pleases and causes absolute carnage for teams at the back...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:17 am

Michael Foster wrote:
Jonathan Prendergast wrote:So, are we any chance to get Cavani?

Not sure about cavani but I would take Suarez at the drop of a hat...he may be a pain in the arse but his goals and work rate speak for themselves....can get a goal from almost anywhere he pleases and causes absolute carnage for teams at the back...

Suarez up front for us is mouth-watering. A Podolski/Cazorla-Suarez-Walcott/Ox front three would cause so much trouble for almost any team we play.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:14 am

Borussia Dortmund midfielder Marco Reus has been in the newspapers today and it seems he’s a huge fan of Arsenal duo Jack Wilshere and Tomas Rosicky.

Reus has been tearing it up in the Bundesliga this season, scoring 15 goals in providing 11 assists in his 39 games so far, and has struck up an superb partnership with Mario Gotze in the Dortmund midfield.

He’s now revealed who his inspiration was growing up and the German international claims his idol was none other than Arsenal’s Tomas Rosicky, who spent five years at Dortmund before joining the Gunners in 2006.

Rosicky has seen his time in north London hampered by a series of niggling injuries and Reus claims if the Czech international had managed to steer clear of the treatment room he’d be one of the best players in the world. He told the Guardian:

“My idol was always Tomas Rosicky. He used to be phenomenal. He had such a good eye for an opening and knew where his team-mates were, and he was so quick. Rosicky had great technique and was so intelligent and mature even though he was still young at Dortmund. I copied everything about him – right down to his sweatbands. He was so unlucky he had bad injuries at Arsenal because, otherwise, he would be one of the world’s best players.”

I think we sometimes forget just how good Rosicky was before he came to Arsenal and it’s such a shame his time here has been ruined by injury problems. He’s so talented and while he’s shown glimpses of his ability during his seven years at the club, I think he’ll always go down as one player who never really managed to fulfill his true potential.

Reus was then asked about Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere and it seems he’s also a huge admirer of the 21-year-old’s, calling him ‘a perfect player’. He added:

“A perfect player. Boy, he’s f*cking good,” he says of Wilshere. “He’s so quick and skilful with the ball at his feet.”

Well said my son! It’s great to see Jack getting the praise he deserves, especially from abroad. We over-hype players here in the UK, particularly young English players, but Wilshere is one who can certainly justify the hype.

Any chance Reus would want to come to Arsenal and play alongside his idol and Wilshere? I’m sure we could find a place for him if he was up for it…

http://football-talk.co.uk/76345/dortmund-star-hails-perfect-wilshere-reveals-rosicky-is-his-idol/
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:36 am

Wenger is a fan. I expect Reus will stay at Dortmund for at least 2 more seasons.

He did play youth football at Dortmund, so he may be quite loyal there however.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:14 pm

Let's buy Lewandowski, Gotze, and Reus.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:28 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote:Let's buy Lewandowski, Gotze, and Reus.

That'll go over well with Dortmund!

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:11 am

Each time i've seen Basel play i've been impressed with Valentin Stocker, again tonight against Spurs he was excellent for the first 70 minutes I thought, good technique and good movement.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:34 am

So...are we linked to anyone good?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:29 pm

Jovetic?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:42 pm

Dzeko wants Panjic at City, and says he will definitely stay if he comes.

I think we should buy Panjic, then get Dzeko.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:56 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:Dzeko wants Panjic at City, and says he will definitely stay if he comes.

Think Dzeko is good as gone. Dortmund wants him. Lewandowski will move to Bayern and they definitely need someone to replace him. Dzeko looks like a perfect replacement. Not sure about Pjanic though but apparently we are looking at Jovetic. Wenger has been chasing him since last year and it's the same deal with Cazorla (we got Cazorla 1 year after scouting him). I'll be very happy if we got Jovetic. He's good. Some newspapers even came out saying he's agreed to sign for us.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:09 pm

Samritpal Singh wrote:
Jonathan Prendergast wrote:Dzeko wants Panjic at City, and says he will definitely stay if he comes.

Think Dzeko is good as gone. Dortmund wants him. Lewandowski will move to Bayern and they definitely need someone to replace him. Dzeko looks like a perfect replacement. Not sure about Pjanic though but apparently we are looking at Jovetic. Wenger has been chasing him since last year and it's the same deal with Cazorla (we got Cazorla 1 year after scouting him). I'll be very happy if we got Jovetic. He's good. Some newspapers even came out saying he's agreed to sign for us.
Read somewhere that he will come to us if we qualify for the Champions League.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:41 pm

Vanig Bostanian wrote:
Samritpal Singh wrote:

Read somewhere that he will come to us if we qualify for the Champions League.

That means it's 100% on. Wink
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next