Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal vs Montpellier Match Thread

+9
Joey Schwab
Michael Foster
ralph avedikian
Mario
Vanig Bostanian
deepgrg
Darcy Gorman
Assan Touray
Marko Maksimović
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Arsenal vs Montpellier Match Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal vs Montpellier Match Thread

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:28 am

Ballchinyen strikes lol.....

That must of hurt....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs Montpellier Match Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal vs Montpellier Match Thread

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:35 am

Well in the end a good result....clean sheet to start Giroud with assists to cracking goals....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:37 am

In the end, comfortable win over a poor Montpellier team. Through to the next round.

Assuming we qualify 2nd from this group, will happily take any team in the next round, bar Barcelona.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:39 am

Comfortable 2-0 victory, through to the next round. Clean sheet!!? Yes, clean sheet! Kos getting back to form, still prone to small errors though, same for wilshere. Giroud really showing he's worth the past 5 or so games, coming good now. Podolski doing what he usually does, scoring th goals. gervinho and Gibbs back from injury. Things looking up for us again, hopefully things start going up for us. Not much more you can ask for.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:40 am

Bring back Diaby and Rosicky too!! =)

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:41 am

Man city out lol.....again......

Last 16 for us...just need 04 to lose the last and us to win our last to top the group...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:43 am

Meshaal wrote:Bring back Diaby and Rosicky too!! =)

Geez what happened to Rosicky? perma crocked again? Why's he been out for so long?
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:44 am

Jason Morrison wrote:

Geez what happened to Rosicky? perma crocked again? Why's he been out for so long?

I thought I had seen him in training photos only the other day...!?!?
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:47 am

Great result. Everything is fine except this thing that annoys me... WHY don't we make subs earlier. At 2-0, take off Santi and whoever.. not at the 84th min.. Wenger isn't resting anyone and I am getting worried.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:48 am

Michael Foster wrote:
Jason Morrison wrote:

So he's back?? and oh boy don't get me started on Diaby, he's injury for 3 weeks has turned into nearly 3 months now... ah suppose its a normal occurance with us but damn!
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:50 am

ralph avedikian wrote:Great result. Everything is fine except this thing that annoys me... WHY don't we make subs earlier. At 2-0, take off Santi and whoever.. not at the 84th min.. Wenger isn't resting anyone and I am getting worried.

Our bench players have a tendancy to fall apart?? Not that the 1st team don't as well, just assuming Wenger doesn't want to take the risk.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:53 am

Jason Morrison wrote:
ralph avedikian wrote:Great result. Everything is fine except this thing that annoys me... WHY don't we make subs earlier. At 2-0, take off Santi and whoever.. not at the 84th min.. Wenger isn't resting anyone and I am getting worried.

Our bench players have a tendancy to fall apart?? Not that the 1st team don't as well, just assuming Wenger doesn't want to take the risk.

At 2-0, it was surely game over. Coquelin replacing Wilshere/Arteta won't affect us a lot, just give the easy pass and keep possession. Jenk for Sagna too..anything. We DO have quite a good bench.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:59 am

ralph avedikian wrote:
Jason Morrison wrote:

At 2-0, it was surely game over. Coquelin replacing Wilshere/Arteta won't affect us a lot, just give the easy pass and keep possession. Jenk for Sagna too..anything. We DO have quite a good bench.

I'm not argueing we have a good bench, don't get me wrong. Just suppose in this instance Wenger didn't want to take the risk cause Qualification was on the line if we won and he'd be able to rest our players in the last game... On paper we probably have the best midfield in the league in wilshere, arteta and santi but that doesn't stop us from often starting off slowly, players don't always perform to what you expect from them and that is often the case with our fringe players
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:00 am

Jason Morrison wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:
Jason Morrison wrote:

So he's back?? and oh boy don't get me started on Diaby, he's injury for 3 weeks has turned into nearly 3 months now... ah suppose its a normal occurance with us but damn!

Yer there is pics from when henry trained the other day rosicky is in one of them....

Diaby is still out....no new news on it so prob a December return............

2013 lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:03 am

I think the depth in the bench is more than acceptable but only in us being in a position of goals to the good...

Being behind is a different matter....do you see match winners...

I for one don't....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcy Gorman Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:17 am

Fantastic result, couldn't watch the game but will give it a viewing this evening. Good to see Jack and Poldi on the score sheet.

We could go on a nice little run here if we can knock over Aston Villa on the weekend, hopefully everyone pulls through without injury.

How many minutes did Gibbs get? Selection headache coming at at LB, I think Kos will get dropped unfortunately.

Darcy Gorman
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:24 am

Darcy Gorman wrote:Fantastic result, couldn't watch the game but will give it a viewing this evening. Good to see Jack and Poldi on the score sheet.

We could go on a nice little run here if we can knock over Aston Villa on the weekend, hopefully everyone pulls through without injury.

How many minutes did Gibbs get? Selection headache coming at at LB, I think Kos will get dropped unfortunately.

Gibbs didn't play, was an unused sub. Hope kos doesn't get dropped, if its a competition between who makes the least mistakes of our CBs then kos and mert should play, unfortunately its a case of you shouldn't drop your captain...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcy Gorman Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:38 am

Yeah I agree, I don't think we'll see a change to the back 4 against Villa, but if Gibbs gets minutes there then he has to come in sooner rather than later.

Will be interesting to see hat happens, but I'm 95% sure Verm will continue in the middle.

Darcy Gorman
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:55 am

Gibbs will slot back in for sure......and I fully see the win against villa...think its just about time these boys started 'owning' a few teams....

One thing about the second half tonight...for big patches you could see just how this team can work together....next stop is trying to do it for 90 minutes..after that...at least 4 games out of 5...then we can see just what we can do....

I am starting to get a little more excited about prospects this season....those at the top are now losing points here and there....we need to capitalize on this...a good run up and over Christmas..no droves of players off to the AOC....keep them fit and bloody go for it!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Can we play against Spurs every other week? Fantastic result, didn't watch the game, but a clean sheet, with two good goals (and great assists by Giroud) is always great. Can't be too sad about probably not finishing first in the group, because we might still get a very tough team if we finish first. Qualification to the next round was all that mattered and if we beat Villa (we should, they're shit), we will be on a nice run. Bring on Villa then!

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4